Copy data between 2 instances of Excel

Hello,

  I have 2 windows of Excel with data. The data are
separated (not in one workbook). I would like to copy the
data from one Excel to another via VBA or Macro.
How can I do that ?

Thanks

0
anonymous (74722)

If you look at the Object Model you'll see that Workbook is a
collection. Any open workbook should be part of that collection. So, if
you only have these 2 books open you should be able to switch from
workbook(1) to workbook(20, using the sheets collection, and the cells
collection, ranges, etc to grab the data from one book and copy or move
this to the other.

E.g.

Workbooks(1).Sheets("Sheet1).Range("A1:C50").copy
Workbooks(2).Sheets("Sheet1)>Range("A1").Paste

Something like that from memory anyway. use VBA Help for the workbooks
collection and you'll get the general idea.

HTH

Art

--
HiArt
HiArt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19953

Hello,

     You are right, but my situation is different. I have
two Excel open. If it was one Excel open with two
     workbooks you was right. But in my situation - One
Excel doesn't know the other. So I do not have access to
     its workbooks.
     Thanks anyway... if you have any other solution I
will appreciate if you send it.

   Thanks

---------------
>HiArt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?
action=getinfo&userid=19953
>View this thread:
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/16/2005 3:10:11 PM
Hello Boba-

I'm replying more out of curiosity than anything else, and was wondering why
there are 2 "instances" of Excel running in the first place. I am truly at a
loss as to what benefit this offers. It has always been stressed to me that
this is something to be avoided for numerous reasons, all of which make sense.

If you could more fully explain what your ultimate goal is, perhaps someone
could offer some useful suggestions.

Thanks |:>)

"Boba" wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I have 2 windows of Excel with data. The data are
> separated (not in one workbook). I would like to copy the
> data from one Excel to another via VBA or Macro.
> How can I do that ?
>
> Thanks

0
CyberTaz (411)
2/16/2005 4:05:08 PM
Hello,

  You're absolutly right - 2 instances of Excel didn't
make any benefit But in out place there is a software
which have the feature to export the data to Excel via
the automation. I don't have any control on that software.
When I export twice I got two Excels open. Now I have to
comapre the data between them - The question is How can I
do it ?

Thanks.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/17/2005 6:16:41 AM
I would close one instance and open that workbook in the remaining instance.

I could copy and paste between two different instances, but my formulas were
lost.  (xl2003/winXP).

Maybe that's not a problem for you.

--

Dave Peterson
0

MS Money 95 data files

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Microsoft POS #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel 2007

copy my vb project... is it as easy as copying the directory..
Hi, I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the idea is i can play around with one, and not effect the original.. is it as easy as just using file explorer to copy the directory from say c:\project1 to c:\project2... or do the project files like forms etc have paths in them and therefore I can't just copy like this.. thanks "AussieRules" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uzrSvxp6KHA.5112@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the > i...

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

data input in text box

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Pointer to Dialog Instance
Hello, all: I have an edit control that I would like to assign some text. I assign a variable -- called m_Name -- to the control, and I tried calling m_Name.SetWindowText("Blagh"). It didn't work. I looked at my code and realized that the function is external to the dialog box class. So, how can I obtain a pointer to the dialog from within my separate function, so I can call SetWindowText as follows... pointer->m_Name.SetWindowText("Blagh"); Thank you, Saul > It didn't work. What happened? Assert? Was m_Name subclassed correclty and it was alre...

Sorting Data #5

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

Please ignore #2