Copy column from one sheet to another

I'm keeping grades in multiple worksheets in the same workbook.  I'd like to
copy the column showing the total of the weekly grades (using the SUM
formula) on worksheet 2 to the column on worksheet 1 for that assignment
(worksheet 1 reflects all the assignments which is why I just need the sum).

When I simply do a copy and paste, I get #REF in the 'weekly' column and in
the 'total' and 'grade' columns (total is the total of all assignments, grade
is a series of if, then statements so I end up with A, B, C etc).

How do I do this to just get the number and not mess up worksheet 1?

Thanks.
0
Jacquie (7)

Maybe you could Edit|paste special|values.

Another option might be to keep the data in one location, but sort it, and use
data|subtotals.

You can hide the details using the outlining symbols on the right hand side.

Another option may be to use Data|Pivottables--this can summarize the data even
if it's not sorted.

--

Dave Peterson
0

update column

OWA jumping mouse

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Referencing cells across sheets

printing multiple copies of Sigel GmbH

WLM transfer to another computer
Hi, I finally moved from Windows 7 RTM to Win7 Pro 64. I did it by installing the new OS on a brand new hard drive, then installed my old hard drive in a 2.5" external enclosure. I've been successful in moving most of my files and settings over, but WLM is the exception. Can someone help answer these questions for me: 1. Where are the actual mail files stored? 2. Where is the account login info stored? 3. In Outlook and OE installing on a new computer, even after moving files, prompted for a full redownload off of the POP server. Anyway to avoid this? Is ther...

Copy and close code
Hi, I have a worksheet which uses an indirect formula to search through a series of files/sheets based on an address to return a value from cell AE20. Once the data has been copied for all the previous days I would like a copy/paste values to occur to replace any of the values returned by the formula. In AU10:AU381 there is a 1 or 0 for each row. 1 meaning that a copy/pastevalues can be performed (decided by if the date is < today), and zero if i need to keep the formulas. Is it possible to have a copy/paste values code for only sheets 2-4 which works when the file is...

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

Perhaps another Money alternative?
After years of their saying "what's Windows?" I not that the following announcement: --- Announcement: GnuCash 2.1.1 Release - 2007-04-28 17:47 GnuCash 2.1.1 released The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.1.1 aka "Bug-begone", the second of several unstable 2.1.x releases of the GnuCash Open Source Accounting Software which will eventually lead to the stable version 2.2.0. With this new release series, GnuCash is available on Microsoft Windows for the first time... --- I haven't checked into this further just yet, but that will certainly be...

Column help
I have a seating chart I am trying to design for our graduation ceremony. Right now I have the report set up using columns. I have a rectange box with the graduates first, middle and last name in the box. I need 16 columns across the page for the seats which I have working. My problems are that I need a bold line going down the middle to divide the 8th and 9th rows. ( Students come in from 2 lines and meet in the middle of each row.) My next problem is that I need to have another column to the left of the 1st column and one to the right of the 16th column that will count the row num...