Copy checkboxes to another sheet

Hi all,
I have a very large workbook with many tabs(each tab is a checklist with
check boxes that was pulled from the main sheet according to an ID that was
given to each line item).
What I am trying to do is once the checkbox on the checklist tabs are
checked I need the checkbox on the main sheet to automatically show checked
as well for checked items.

Is this possible?
 Does it matter which checkbox toolbar I should use. (Control toolbar or
Forms toolbar).  I am currently having trouble inserting the control toolbar
checkboxes through ROW 2000 on each tab. I lock up and can't save.

0
Trese (4)

I like to use the controls from the Forms toolbar--just because they seem to
behave better when I use them.

And I don't like duplicating data across worksheets.  I'd do my best to keep
them all on one worksheet.

But if you really need to have them on different worksheets, you could assign
the same linked cell to each of the checkboxes that represented the same option.

I created a workbook with 3 worksheets.

I put a few checkboxes on each sheet.  But I assigned the same linked cell to
each pair of checkboxes:  Sheet3!a1, sheet3!a2, sheet3!a3, etc.

I'd use column B to put a description of what each meant--it could get
confusing.

--

Dave Peterson
0

I agree it would be more simple to keep all the info in one sheet but I need
to be able for each department to readily go into their checklist tab and see
what items remain open and need completion. The master list with checkboxes
is for my sanity so I don't have to check 29 plus checklist for completion. I
guess I better start assigning links.

Thanks again for your help.
Trese
"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> I like to use the controls from the Forms toolbar--just because they seem to
> behave better when I use them.
>
> And I don't like duplicating data across worksheets.  I'd do my best to keep
> them all on one worksheet.
>
> But if you really need to have them on different worksheets, you could assign
> the same linked cell to each of the checkboxes that represented the same option.
>
> I created a workbook with 3 worksheets.
>
> I put a few checkboxes on each sheet.  But I assigned the same linked cell to
> each pair of checkboxes:  Sheet3!a1, sheet3!a2, sheet3!a3, etc.
>
> I'd use column B to put a description of what each meant--it could get
> confusing.
>
> Trese wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> > I have a very large workbook with many tabs(each tab is a checklist with
> > check boxes that was pulled from the main sheet according to an ID that was
> > given to each line item).
> > What I am trying to do is once the checkbox on the checklist tabs are
> > checked I need the checkbox on the main sheet to automatically show checked
> > as well for checked items.
> >
> > Is this possible?
> >  Does it matter which checkbox toolbar I should use. (Control toolbar or
> > Forms toolbar).  I am currently having trouble inserting the control toolbar
> > checkboxes through ROW 2000 on each tab. I lock up and can't save.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
Trese (4)

Copying subfolders
I have read several useful posts concerning FileCopy. I have not found one that will copy all the files and subfolders under a folder. Is this possible? -- Arkansas Lady The DOS xCopy command will do that Start >>> Run >>> cmd then type: xcopy /? to get a list of commands. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access "Arkansas Lady" <ArkansasLady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93826857-7D0F-4E05-B4AD-9EEBD1ECD989@microsoft.com... >I have read several u...

Comments on Manual Calculation on certain sheets.
I have a sheet in a workbook with array functions that slows down performance with calculation on automatic (which I need for the other sheets). Would it not have been useful to be able to set a single sheet to Manual and update when needed in the same way Pivot Tables work? One way to work around this is to save the Array Formula sheet in another workbook. I have browsed some of the posts on Excel's way of handling Automatic/Manual recalculation and it seems as if there is room for improvement or are there important reasons that I am not aware of? Any comments. Laurence Lombard Hi ...

Why cannot copy autorun.inf across network drive
I've copied a CD software into my harddisk. Then I copy to another PC. But I find that it's not possible to copy the autorun.inf over. "Access is denied" I wonder why ? Thanks "dingdongdingding" <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:54c040ef-d6e7-4e82-9727-5260929a8e35@q39g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > I've copied a CD software into my harddisk. Then I copy to another > PC. But I find that it's not possible to copy the autorun.inf over. > "Access is denied" I wonder why ? One solution (among many): ...

copy & paste
i currently use Excel 2003 and have a copy and paste query. i have a spreadsheet called "Orders Wk1" that has tabs for each day of the week and each tab has several column headings i.e Customer 1, Customer 2, Customer 3 etc. I would like a macro that identifies a particular column heading (i.e Customer 2) and then copies the contents of that single column into a separate spreadsheet called "Order Summary"; this needs to be done for each day of the week. The idea is to build up a history of daily orders for Customer 2. Also. each time the macro is activated the data needs...

Mail deliver to another similar domain
Hi there, I am running Exchange 2000 on my Windows 2000 server for my domain (say "ross.com"). On Internet, there is another similar domain name called "russ.com" owned by another one who is a home business owner. The problem is: Many of my customers sometimes intend to send emails to my company at someone@ross.com, but by mis-typing, they actually send to someone@russ.com. Unfortunately, the russ.com domain does have a email server, and my customers (or potential) can't realize their emails won't deliver to me. On the other hand, inside of my network, some of my em...

Copying inbox from one account to another on exchange 2003
Hi I need to copy the inbox of user from one account to another account. Is there a way to do that? I tried copying to the public folder then copying from public to new account - but the dates changed to todays date for all emails! Any thoughts? Use PSTs. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Ali" <Ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B67F087A-39D7-4DBA-947D-F20F63574952@microsoft.com... > Hi > I need to copy the inbox of user from one account to another account. Is > t...

OL2007+Exchange: Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...!
I'm seeing a very strange issue with my Outlook2007 (against Exchange)... Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...! Steps: 1. Send an email. Sent email gets saved under Outlook's default "Mailbox\SentItems" folder. 2. Go to that SentItems folder, and move the mail to another folder (let's say "Foobar") under your inbox. 3. Go to "Foobar", make sure mail is still there. 4. Let Outlook Sync up with Exchange server (or hit "Send and Receive"). 5. You will notice that the mail disappears... ! I did a full text search in my ...

Copy & Paste Data from Web into Excel
When I do the above & use Vlookup for numerical data the numeric data is not recognised, although some data are in another excel workbook. How can I sort the data from the web so that I can do a proper vlookup What looks like a numeric field is actually text. This trick often works: In an empty cell enter the value 1 and copy it Select the offending numbers and use Edit/Paste Special->multiply Delete the cell with the 1 Best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Kelvin Pakaree" <k.pakaree@credcor.co.za> wrote in mes...

Problem copy/pasting images from IE8 to MS Office 2007
I've got a weird problem that just started happening last week on one of my PCs (running Vista Home Premium). If I copy an image from IE8, and paste it into MS Office (Word, PPT, Outlook) the first one works fine, but then when I paste subsequent images, I get a copy of the first one. I'm not sure how to clear the clipboard, but I don't think that's even the problem. It gets more weird... When I paste the second time (or any subsequent copy/pastes after the first), it knows the size of whatever item I copied to the clipboard, but it pastes the first image distorted...

How do you import data from one Excel document to another?
Hey everyone, I work at a school and I'm trying to update their attendance reports from hand written to excel, but I'm running into several problems. For one, I need it to be able to calculate how many "Ab"s (absents) there are in the worksheet (for the individual student's attendance page). And THEN, I need to have the sum show up on a completely new document (for the overall attendance report). Is that possible? I've fooled around with data importing and several other things, but I'm just too new at this. If what I'm asking is possible, can anyone he...

List details in another sheet
Hi, I have a sheet "Data" with transactions by customer. Column A has the Customer ID. In another sheet called "By Customer", the user selects from a drop down a Customer ID, and clicks a button. What I want for this button is to run a macro to get in a 3rd sheet, "Transactions", columns B, C, D and E from the Data sheet, for the selected customer ID. Is that possible? Can somebody help? Thanks, Cecilia Use VLOOKUP http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-vlookup-formula.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Chechu" <cecichi9@hotma...

copying text on sheet 1 to corresponding cells on sheets 2 to 5
I want the text entered in A8 on sheet 1(named Productivity) to automatically transfer to A8 on sheets 2 thru 5. I used the simple formula =Productivity!a8 in the corresponding cells but when there is no data in Productivity A8 I get a 0 in the corresponding cells. I would like the corresponding cells to remain blank if there is not text in Productivity A8. I am really new to excel, like only used it two weeks! Is there a simple fix to this? -- newbie at large! Hi A formula will always return 0 if it's refering to an empty cell. This formula will let the cell look empty if no...

Problems shelling another application
I am not sure what is going on with this so I am not sure what to ask. I'll just share my experience and maybe somebody can point out what I am doing wrong. I am attempting to launch another application from my VB app. The code to launch the other app is just a simple shell call (lngProcID = Shell(strAppPath)). The call to Shell does return a value but the app does not appear to have been started (does not show up visually and is not in task manager). Using the value held in strAppPath in the Run dialog (Start->Run) starts the app just fine. I figure this has to be some ...

VBA Code to Open File1; Open File2 copy sheets to File1
Using XL 2003 & 97 Need help with the following VBA code: Sub Macro1() Dim myNewWorkbook As String myNewWorkbook = ActiveWorkbook.Name Workbooks.Open Filename:="OldWorkbookFile.xls" Sheets(Array("Formulas", "Department Lables")).Activate Sheets(Array("Formulas", "Department Lables")).Copy _ Before:=Workbooks(myNewWorkbook).Sheets(2) Windows("OldWorkbookFile.xls").Activate ActiveWorkbook.Close Windows(myNewWorkbook).Activate ' ........ End Sub My goal is to have myNewWorkbook active then:...

Determine when Enter Key is pressed in a sheet??
I want to determine when Enter key is pressed in a sheet that is active?? I would like then to run a macro when the Enter key is pressed ?? The Enter Key is not a capturable event. Worksheet change is This added to the individual worksheet in VBA will trigger when ever the sheet is changed. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target as Range) 'Do Stuff End Sub If you are going to make changes to the sheet using this event is is usually a good idea to turn off events at the start and then turn them back on at the end. Otherwise the changes trigger this macro again....

Set up a script for a live performance with a cue call sheet
How do I set up a single one-sided sheet to follow a live performance script and be able to write stand-by notes and cues in a column beside the script with a timecode format ...

Open excel sheet twice at same time?
Hi, Probably a question asked all the time, but I often have trouble opening a file after making a desktop shortcut to an excel file. When opening, it gives an error message about opening a file with the same name at the same time (even though I'm not). The error message continues by saying that it doesn't matter if the files are in different folders and suggests renaming one of the files. Any ideas? Thanks. Robert No reason I can think of that would cause Excel to load the file twice irrespective of launching it from a shortcut. Couple of things to check: - The file isn'...

copy all incoming and outgoing mail to alternate mailbox?
I have been tasked with finding a way to monitor some user (s) so that we can keep a copy of all mail sent to and from that user without their knowledge. How can this be done? I am using W2003 AD / Exchange 2003. Take a look at SelectiveJournaling application at www.ivasoft.biz - it could help. -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer www.ivasoft.biz "Jim Rodgers" <jim.rodgers@bataviatrans.com> wrote: news:17c6f01c44962$0ce121c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have been tasked with finding a way to monitor some user > (s) so that we can keep a copy of all mail se...

My recipients recieving multiple copies
I'm using Outlook 2002 with Win XP Pro. I have dial up (POP3 & SMTP) in a little town with old phone lines. My recipients (never more than 50) sometimes recieve from 2 to 10 copies of the same message. I have increased the server time-out time from 1 minute to 9 minutes ( I figured that out on my own) but I'm not yet sure if that's the solution because my ISP guy tells me that Outlook really wasn't designed to send one message to more than 3 recipients esp. Bcc (I find that remark very hard to believe). My ISP guy tells me I should get an email program designed t...

macro-import another xls file
Hi, i need a macro to import another xls file.When i run macro i need a window to appear and to browse to the file i need to import. I allways open another file, so i want to browse for the file. Can this be done? Thanks! Try some code like the following: Sub AAA() Dim FName As Variant Dim Filter As String ' Excel 2003 workbooks Filter = "Excel Files (*.xls),*.xls" ' Excel 2007 workbooks workbooks Filter = "Excel Files (*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xlsb),*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xlsb" ' Excel 2003 and 2007 Filter = "Excel Files (*.xls;*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xlsb),*...

Is Auto Expansion (i.e., wrap text) of a cell possible when the cell's contents are based on another cell?
I am trying to display the results from one tab (Tab 1) in another (Tab 2). So, for example, tab 2 contains the formula "=Tab1!A2". However, when the results are too large to fit the cell in tab 2 (i.e., the cell that contains a formula that draws from a cell in tab 1), the wrap text feature does not work unless i first double click in the cell in tab 2. Is there any way around this? Can the wrap text feature work automatically somehow? Or will i need to double click in every cell that contains text that doesn't fit into the cell. Thanks for any suggestions, or VBA code, th...

how do I "point" to another global.mpt file in MS Project 2007?
we created a number of filters and maps in Project 2003. Can I point my Project 2007 to that existing Global.mpt file referenced by Organizer? Hi, You can only select the Global.mpt when you startup Project. The surest method is to start Project by double-clicking the Global.mpt icon itself Proejct will tell you (twice!!) that you cannot open a Global.mpt but by replying OK twice Project is open with the right global. Another way, without useless warning messages is to open Project by double-clicking an .mpp file stored IN THE EXACT SAME FOLDER as the desired global. ...

Add values in a column according to value in another column
How can I add the values in a column according to values in another column? If there is any value in a row in column B, I want to include the value of the corresponding row in column A. I'm flexible as to whether this is ANY value (i.e. not empty) or greater than zero. Hi Paul Maybe something like this =IF(B1="","",IF(B1>0,B1+A1)) Regards Cimjet "Paul Kaye" <paulmjkaye@gmail.com> wrote in message news:05befaf3-9ba8-48c8-aebb-654f0269d1dc@34g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > How can I add the values in a column according to values in another > colu...

Copying messages to CD
I have bought a laptop, and I need to copy my messages, and folders from my old PC,to CD from Outlook Express, then load them from the CD to my new laptop running Outlook. Any suggestions? Thanks Use the Simple Backup mehod described here http://www.insideoe.com/backup/ Import the messages and addresses into OE on your laptop Open Outlook, select File-Import-Import Internet Mail and Adresses Regards Mark Dormer <demarte@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:1153033346.337593.137330@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I have bought a laptop, and I need to copy my messages, and fo...

Using Access database to "populate" Excel Sheets
Please help!!! I am willing to PAY anyone who can get this to run fo me. I have been trying for 5 days now trying to use a DBVlookup function t populate fields in Excel. I used examples from 4 different forums usin this function, but I cannot get any of them to work. I am somewhat ne to VBA so forgive me if I am not making sense in my questions. I have Excel Spreadsheet called "Account_Number". It is set up a follows: Column A is called "Account Number"..... Column B is called "Looked u description in Access". Account Number Description...