Copy chart with reference table

I have a pie chart neatly tied to a data table alongside.  Now I want to copy
both the chart and table to a different area of the sheet so I can modify the
new data table and have 2 different charts.

My issue is that the chart will only allow absolute references, so when I
copy both the chart and table together the new chart still is tied to the old
table - so I have to go and change the source data ranges one by one.

Any way that I can do this easily?

Copy the whole sheet. The copied chart links to the data on the copied
sheet. Now cut the range that includes the copied chart and its data,
and paste it back onto the first sheet. Finally delete the copied sheet.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

Arun wrote:
> I have a pie chart neatly tied to a data table alongside.  Now I want to copy
> both the chart and table to a different area of the sheet so I can modify the
> new data table and have 2 different charts.
>
> My issue is that the chart will only allow absolute references, so when I
> copy both the chart and table together the new chart still is tied to the old
> table - so I have to go and change the source data ranges one by one.
>
> Any way that I can do this easily?
0
Jon

Proper Table(s) Layout
I have created a couple of Dbs which the table structure seemed to simply fall into place, it was just logical in my head. That said, I am working on a new db and for some reason I am doubting myself and wanted a second opinion. The db is basically a contract db to input all the info, and there is a lot of info, for each contract. Where I am 'lost' is the fact that the contracts are broken into categories: clients, components,engineering, warantee... For all of the components (with the exception of clients) there are a number of fields but only 1 entry per contract....

Queries and Charts

Table link documentation

Reference Book
I'm a Win32 programmer, and I'm trying to get into some MFC. I've read a little about MFC, but the books lack a lot of quality and descriptive text about the structure of MFC. Can I ask whose book is the Charles Petzold of MFC? Thank you I haven't seen a bad MFC book in a long time, but then again, I haven't bought a new MFC book in many years. My presonal perference are the MFC books published by Wrox Press http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&isbn=1861000855&itm=31 You can't go wrong with the Microsoft Press ones either. Al...

Copy Toolbar
Can someone tell me if there is a way to copy a toolbar I created on my computer to another computer? Thanks for your help! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ The toolbar settings are in the *.xlb file. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "HelpMe >" <<HelpMe.zmcsh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:HelpMe.zmcsh@excelforum-nospam.com... > Can someone tell me if there is a way to copy a toolbar I created on my > computer to another computer? Thanks for your help! > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > You...

Duplicate record in RM tables
We experienced an issue in Apply Sales Document that may have caused a duplicate record somewhere. We found this when running Paid Sales Transaction Removal and received this message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY contraint PKRM3101. Cannot insert duplicate key in object RM30101. I ran the RM duplicate tool found in the automated help area of this website and found the following: --- Begin copy here ---- Duplicates between RM Open and RM History Document #: 07-003021-17 Customer #: 079100 RMDTYPAL #: 7 --- End copy --- It looks like the duplicte tool also logs the qu...

Updating a chart Automatically

line chart with NA() values

Copy HYPERLINKS
I have about 200 entries in col a Some of these entries are hyperlinks to other locations I would like a macro to copy ONLY the hyperlinks from Col a to Col b Currently the hyperlinked items are interspaced over the entire col a, I would like to have all the hyperlinks moved to Col B one under the other with no spaces. Thanks Are they =HYPERLINK functions or Inserted hyperlinks?? -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200750 "pcor" wrote: > I have about 200 entries in col a > Some of these entries are hyperlinks to other locations > I would like a macro to copy ONLY the...

Missing Reference
Argh! There was a missing reference, " Microsft DAO2.5/3.5 Compact ..." I unselected it and backed out - now, every date field is filled with today's date and several other fields have gone to the 'dark side'. The $ field shows $0.00 for everyone and another field is blank. I went back into the dialog box and I can't find that reference in the list to reselect it. Thank goodness I experimented using a copy, eh? >-----Original Message----- >Your references are probably messed up. >If any of the selected references have "MISSING:" in front ...

Pivot Table Defaults
In the pivot table field list, whenever I create a new pivot table and I am inserting fields into the value area, I generally get as default field setting the 'Count' value. Is there a way to format the spreadsheet to make Excel recognize the data as all numbers so it defaults to the "Sum" function as opposed to "text"? Hi The rule that the PT Wizard adopts is, If all the values in the field being added to the data area are Numeric, then it uses Sum. If any of the values are Text or BLANK, then it uses Count. It sounds as though you have defin...

Like a pivot table
Hello every body I'm first time requesting in this group, so I opologize in advance for any mistakes or something annoying I repeat what I have sent before 10 min because I see it unclear when it goes to news group If any one can help me I'm working with data which most of it comes like a table with feilds as columns and records as rows. I want it to be as many rows with each feild an example what is exist name age Joining Date Tele John 20 Jun-90 4321251 Iqbal 30 Jul-95 6583752 George 40 Sep-85 7843125 What I wa...

Carbon Copy of a message
when ever I get an email from 2 specific users the message always Carbon Copies itself and I cant figure out why. So I end up with 2 of the same messages. Any help would rock Thanx ...

Excel 2007 Line Chart
Hello, Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have the periods: Jan with the value 1000 Feb with the value 900 March with the value 500 April with the value 0 May with the value 0 June with the value 0 I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly to zero then the line is straight across to April. I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas? Thanks, Brett On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDu...

modifying and copying multiply selections
Why when I select multiply objects, including text boxes or when I try to select them and then drag to a different locations the program just create a new copy but leaves the old one behind it? It didn't happen when I was working with other versions of Power Point. I think http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00882.htm will help. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Slav" <Sl...

Chart Linking
How can a cell in one workbook be linked to data in another workbook. Kenneth Hi try the following: - open both workbooks - in the target workbook enter the equatrion sign '=' - now select with your mouse the source cell in the other workbook and hit ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kenneth" <pby5acat@tpg.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40b4a089@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > How can a cell in one workbook be linked to data in another workbook. > Kenneth > > Or copy the source cell, select the target cell, choose Paste Special from the Ed...