Copy and paste when using subtotal

When I am using the data, subtotal options and I collapse
the data to only see the subtotals - I would like to copy
and paste only those rows.  However when I copy and paste
all of the collapsed rows come over.  How can I only get
the subtotal rows???  Help

Thanks,
Need for a class tomorrow
0
anonymous (74722)

Press F5, click special, select visible cells only, copy.

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I am using the data, subtotal options and I collapse
> the data to only see the subtotals - I would like to copy
> and paste only those rows.  However when I copy and paste
> all of the collapsed rows come over.  How can I only get
> the subtotal rows???  Help
>
> Thanks,
> Need for a class tomorrow

0
terre081 (3244)
2/10/2004 1:44:46 AM
Right before you do a copy
Edit|goto|Special
visible cells only

Then copy|paste.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

using Crossed Lines template
When I enter my document title in the text box above the crossed lines template, it does not carry over to the other pages in the document, nor does find/replace work either. How can it be done so my text entered on one page is duplicated on all others in my document? Put the title on the Master Page (ctrl+m), it will appear on all pages. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jcam" <jcam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB5D1447-8B65-4981-81A6-8BD1C9A24451@microsoft.com... > When I ent...

Using the kit function
We would like to create some kits using our inventory on hand. How would we create them and have the individual items depleted from stock and go to these kits. We need to be able to know when to order more items to create the kits when they are getting low. Go to Database -> Items -> New Item -> Standard then change item type to Kit, then click on Kit tab and add the items you need, it will be depleted from inventory. Click on attributes and set the re-order point and re-stock level for the items, create a purchase order weekly or daily and select re-order point method to cr...

Copy Charts
I know this is simple, but I cannot remember how. I want to copy a chart into another worksheet, but do not want to keep the links, just the picture and data as it is. Select the chart, hold Shift while clicking on the Edit menu, choose Copy Picture, and use the On Screen and Picture options. Go to the place you want the chart image to appear, and use plain old Paste (Ctrl+V). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "archsmooth" <archsmooth@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Effects of Not Using Enter/Match Invoices
I have a client that says their inventory amount is off by millions on the financial statements. We basically narrowed it down to them not doing the enter/match invoice process. So we think that inventory is being debited twice; once when they enter a receipt and another when they enter the AP invoice. Is there any way that she can get an accurate inventory amount if they are doing this process separately? If you don't use the Enter/Match process, do the following: When you process a receipt, debit inventory & credit Vouchers Payable (or Accrued Purchases); then, when you ...

Connect to Exchange using http keeps checking itself
Running Exchange 2007, I have one user in our office who occasionally will have their Outlook 2007 check the connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP box and then the Only Connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate. We use a certificate just one you can create yourself, we don't have issues with other people who use the certificate to connect with outlook from their homes but when in the office this user occasionally will have outlook check this for him. He unchecks the area and it works for awhile but eventually it returns. Any help wou...

Entourage goes into spinning-wheel from time to time while using

Publishing an internal CRM web site using ISA
Hi all, I was wondering if its possible to publish an internally hosted CRM 1.2 web site to the internet using ISA 2000 ? I've done the basics as far setting up the web publishing and when I try and pull up the site, I get a network logon prompt which I think makes sense since the site seems to use network authentication to determine who you are. What I cannot figure out, is what to enter at this login prompt. I've tried my account, the administrator account and no luck. Anybody have any idea what to do ? Thanks Nick are you being prompted for Username password domain? or on...

how to increase mail box to receive large messages using outlook ?
I am having messages bounced saying mail box not large enough -- how do I fix this ?? Thanks Chris speak to your email admin - if they are messages you send, speak to the recipient so they can ask their admin. (but don;t hold your breath that you'll get it increased) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Jo...

Copy worksheets and formats
Hi, I have a worksheet (budget) set up as 31 columns representing days of a month. I also have a worksheet designated as yearly, 12 columns for each month. The first worksheet, Jan, totals numerous rows and sends the data to the Jan column of the monthly WS. I need to copy the Jan worksheet in a way it will change the Jan! to Feb!, then Mar!, etc. If I copy it as is the data will be the same as the month of Jan. Hope you can understand this. I can't ;+) Ken More than one way, but an easy way if each month formulas are the same is to copy Jan sheet, and paste them into the Feb a...

Autopopulate Multiple Fields in Table Using a Form
I have a form based on a table where I want to store data. The data to store comes from combo boxes based on various lookup tables. The wrinkle is that there is one lookup table that contains 2 fields of data (questionnum and question) I want stored in the table once the questionnum is selected. The question field is formatted as 'memo'. When I create the combo box the question field is not an option for selection. I add it manually to the properties after completing the criteria for the combo box. I have been struggling with the code used to autopopulate more than one field but...

selecting XML from SQL2000 and using it in ASP.NET
I am running this in SQL Server 2000: SELECT lastname, firstname, title, hiredate FROM employees FOR XML AUTO I get back these results in the Query Analyzer: <employees lastname="Jones" firstname="James" title="Developer" hiredate="2004-05-10T00:00:00"/><employees lastname="Jordan" firstname="Ken" title="Sr. Developer" hiredate="2004-05-03T00:00:00"/> But in a webform, when I call the ExecuteXMLReader and do a Response.Write white looping through the reader, I only get back the first node. Any reason...

Copying the column heading into all non-empty cells #3
Gord you're a genius! Thanks so much - that works a treat! Sorry I didn't get back to yo last night - I'm in London and it was past my bedtime. The reason I'm copying the headings into the rows by the way, is that have a database which I want users to be able to search, and it's easie if I just have have one column listing all the Amenities for each hotel rather than 120. Incidentally, my next move is to now merge all the cells in each ro into one, with the amenities separated by spaces. I've just downloade a "Merge Cell Wizard", which has accomplished th...

Copy Company Utility for Analytical Accounting
Copy company utility does not provide the option to copy the master records of Analytical Accounting module. Is there any othere utility? Salman, Install Dynamics GP SDK and locate "AnalyticalAccountingTableDesignDocument.doc" document, it has the descriptions for all the setup tables in AA module. Create DTS package to copy the needed tables from the first company to the new one. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://moh...

Macro to paste hyperlinks
Hey ya'll, Real quick one, hopefully. :) In the below code, if I wanted to paste the values (shown), and then the formats and hyperlinks, what would I need to add? Would I add '.Cells.PasteSpecial xlFormats' and '.Cells.PasteSpecial xlHyperlinks'? If sh.Visible = -1 Then sh.Select With sh.UsedRange .Cells.Copy .Cells.PasteSpecial xlPasteValues .Cells.Select End With Application.CutCopyMode = False End If Range("A1").Activat...

Prevent Cut and Paste
Hello, I have designed a workbook containing many drop windows. Other people use this book. It contains 31 sheets (one for each day of the month). The issue I am having is, lots of users cut and paste the information from one row to the next or one page to the other when selecting the same information. When they do this, it screws up my formulas. All parts of the page are locked except the drop windows that they are cutting and pasting. Can I allow them to select information from the drop windows but prevent them from copy and pasting or cutting to another row or pa...

Problem using fill with formulas
I have a column. I want to fill in the formula from B1 all the way down to B200. I select B1 and drag my mouse down to B200 and select Fill Down. The formula is inserted in every cell. However, I have: =VLOOKUP(A4,[yahoo.xls]Sheet1!$A1:$H200,2,FALSE) =VLOOKUP(A5,[yahoo.xls]Sheet1!$A2:$H201,2,FALSE) when I want the second column formula to be: =VLOOKUP(A4,[yahoo.xls]Sheet1!$A1:$H200,2,FALSE) In other words, I want the first cell reference (A) to change, but not the cell references in the yahoo.xls worksheet. Because they are changing, I need to go in and manually change the references to $A...

Use Formula in DGET criteria
Hi there, I'm getting an error with a DGET function. One of the criteria fields is a formula (an IF statement) which I assume is the problem. Is there any way round this i.e. being able to change the criteria based on the contents of another cell? Many thanks - David ...

Use of wildcards in formulae
HI I need a little advice. I'm trying to say that if C6 starts with the letter 'C' , then put 'Yes' , if not put 'No' I'm using this formula : =IF(C6="C*","Yes","No") but it's not giving the correct responses. Can someone advise? Thanks Hi Colin Try this =IF(COUNTIF(C6,"C*")>0,"Yes","No") HTH John "Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:tVEQEIAXJ2bLFwKd@chayes.demon.co.uk... > > HI > > I need a little advice. &g...

Using Memory DC to speed up painting
hi, One way to speed up the painting is to use memory DCs. But if we use MM_HIMETRIC , it needs a very large bitmap, and slows down painting. Does anybody have any idea how to use Memory DCs in MM_HIMETRIC mode? thanks, Behzad hmm.What do you mean by large bitmap in MM_HIMETRIC mode.Whatever the mode the size of the mode would remain the same for the compatible bitmap because ultimately the size of the bitmap would be in pixels. Thanks Vipin "Behzad" <aaaa@Yahoo.Com> wrote in message news:uvmLPo8nEHA.628@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hi, > One way to speed up the paint...

Sum of cell which use if array function
Hi, I have many cells using if function which result is number. I'd like to sum all of those cells, unfortunatelly i cant do that, the result is none. How can i solve this one? Thank you If your IF formulas contain quotes around numbers, REMOVE THEM. Wrong: =IF(A1="x","10","0") Right: =IF(A1="x",10,0) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Pran" <Pran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F9DB21C-4DF6-45A5-AA22-D3F8CDA45F31@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have many cells using if funct...

Create task and sub-task lists using the calendar
Looking for the best way to organize 10 task subjects. Some having as many as 5 sub-tasks, as well as creating to do lists for 4 employees. I set these up in the Folder List and would like to drag these into the Calendar allowing me to print each person a To Do List. A friend suggested Categorizing ,but I like having the folders all visible in the Outlook Shortcuts. Any help would be appreciated. ...

How to use AdvancedFilter wildcard to match end of string?
Using AdvancedFilter, I would like to match fields whose text values END with a specific character. For example, I'd like *o to match 'hippo', 'banjo', but NOT 'support'. Currently, when I apply the *o criterion, I get results that include all fields with an 'o' in any character position. Can someone please show me how to restrict the match to the end of the string only? One caveat: I imagine this may require use of a formula criterion, rather than the more simple form using column headings in the criteria range. But if it's possible to accomplish this...

Are there any known issues using Line Item comments for all SOP do
Hi all, I recently modified a SOP Packing slip to add Line item comments for each line to show an additional numeric value as a text (weight) printed on each line item. The way it is setup is that there will be unique line item comments (click the -> on the line item comment field, not the magnifying glass lookup and then just type text for each comment, click OK and save the line item). I've used up all of the User-defined fields including tracking #s and so I am down to adding comments. EXT. and Modifier are not options at this point. I also tried adding Document Notes to t...

Copy same formula to all worksheets in a workbook
Hello guys! I have a table with some formulas saved in workbook "A". Once a month, I receive workbook "B" and it has several worksheets in it (sometimes almost a thousand). I need to copy the table with formulas from workbook "A" and paste it into every-single-worksheet in workbook "B". In the same cell address (C25 for example). As of today, I copy the table and then I go to each worksheet to paste it but I am pretty sure there is a way to do it with a macro or a instruction and save me all that pasting over and over and over again... :S...

Extract list using functions
Hi, can anyone help with the following: I want to extract items in a list and show them in another worksheet. An example of the master list would be: Name Dollars Quantity Months Customer1 $ Q 12 Customer2 $ Q 12 Customer3 $ Q 6 I want to be able to extract all those customers which have less than 12months data (as indicated in the month column). I want to be able to do this using functions in another worksheet and list those seperately there. Is there a way to do this? Elijah Hi y...