Copy and Paste to a Text Box

I've created a text box in a spreadsheet for comments.  I have text in
another part of the spreadsheet that I want to copy into the text box (rather
than having to retype it - just lazy).  I've tried the copy/paste icons and
I've also tried Ctrl C/Ctrl V, but neither seem to work.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  I've searched the FAQ's as well
as Excel Help and can't seem to find answer.

Thanks much!

Marg
0
margie (21)

when you click on the border of the text box which you want to copy from,
then past it to anywhere you want. (you probably could not select the text
box correctly)

hande

"Margie":

> I've created a text box in a spreadsheet for comments.  I have text in
> another part of the spreadsheet that I want to copy into the text box (rather
> than having to retype it - just lazy).  I've tried the copy/paste icons and
> I've also tried Ctrl C/Ctrl V, but neither seem to work.
>
> Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  I've searched the FAQ's as well
> as Excel Help and can't seem to find answer.
>
> Thanks much!
>
> Marg
0
hande (3)

Copy and Paste Options
I have never had this happen before but today my computer in Excel will not allow me to right click and use copy, paste, or cut. They are grayed out and I have tried all settings to correct. The sheet is not protected and I have tried new docs also. ...

Quick Campaigns should store a copy of the word document
When creating a quick campaign with mail-merge by letter, CRM does not store a copy of the word document used. Instead it just stores the name of the template (if one was used). It would be very useful to store one copy of the actual word document (perhaps in the information tab of the quick campaign itself). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in...

How to: text color depend on value
Anyone know how to make the text change colors, depending on what valu certain data is? I'm sure it's easy... -- bobsmith58 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bobsmith58d's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1452 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26148 bobsmith58d Wrote: > Anyone know how to make the text change colors, depending on what valu > certain data is? I'm sure it's easy.... Go to Format/Cells/Custom and inside the "Type" box, choose th...

Do we have a software which can export text to excel perfectly?
do we have such software frnds??? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you mean Import into excel? And if you can tell excel that the data is either fixed width or has a common separator, then excel will be pretty close to perfect! If you can't tell excel that stuff, then I think you'll need to do some data cleansing after you import it. "vikram <" wrote: > > do we have such software frnds???? > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

missing text #2
When replaying or forwarding email from Outlook, half of new text is missing when recipient receive email. Does anybody know what can cause this? Thanks, Billie ...

Outlook (and Word) Spell check original text in reply #2
I have a couple of my users where Word spell checks original text i reply even though it is marked in tools as Do not Spell Check Origina Text in Reply. If I turn Word off as the editor, then it works fine. This does not occur on all of my machines, only on two... I use Word 2 and Outlook 2K. Any ideas why this is happening? I appreciate the help -- rcstechnologyPosted via http://www.officehelp.in - &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.officehelp.in&quot;&gt;Microsoft Office Software&lt;/a&gt ...

OE adds 'Blank' to a plain text messge
When sending a plain text message in OE the recipient receives the message but the first word of the message has been added - "Blank". Would appreciate any suggestions and help. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion...

black box
I make a chart and add through Chart Options the Y:axis labels "Percentage", like done many times before. However, for this one chart, everything looks perfectly fine until I print it and the label is only a black box. There is nothing but Automatic for any border or fill colours, there is no special formatting applied anywhere to the chart or spreadsheet. Any ideas? Thank you Deborah ...

Can't create a new user with a mail box automatically with Active Dir
I have 2003 server with Active Directory and Exchange installed. When i click Create -> "User" and reach the dialog to create an Exchange mail box, the "Mailbox Store" drop down list is empty. Which has the effect that the "Next" button is disabled and I can't create a mailbox attached to that account. Where can I find that setting or what should I do? Thanks in advance /Mac Does the account you are logged in with have the rights on the Exchange server, if you have Administrative Groups the account will need at least View Only rights on the Admini...

Opening files automatically with Import Text File dialog box
I would like to eliminate the requirement to have a user click on the Import button during VBA control of the Import Text File dialog box. This will facilitate the automatic processing of sequentially numbered files. I would appreciate any suggestions. Here's a simplified listing of the code I'm using. Sub ImportOrigData() ' ActiveWindow.ScrollWorkbookTabs Position:=xlFirst Sheets("OrigDataFile").Select Range("A10").Select Dim sText As String For DOY = 147 To 149 ' first and last day of year to be processed sText...

Restore parallel copy of Exchange DB?
This may more properly belong on a Backup Exec forum, but since it involves an Exchange system restore, and I don't know if it is backup or e-mail specific. I am starting here. This is an Exchange 2000 as part of SBS 2000. Using Veritas BE 9.0. I gave up using brick-level backups some time back due to nightly backup jobs running into next day's working hours. It was apparently not the sheer size of the message store, but the number of messages (too many jokes & chitchat not getting deleted, I think). A user left last week, and I dutifully archived his mailbox to a PST file...

msg box for wrong data
Greeting, Is there any code for display msg box in case of wrong input instead of access warning? For example, if user input letters in field of date and time property. Of course access gives warning msg, but as you know most of user do not know what is wrong. I need a msg box tells user that user should input date not letter on number. Any help please? On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 15:20:02 -0800, ghost wrote: > Greeting, > > Is there any code for display msg box in case of wrong input instead of > access warning? For example, if user input letters in field of date and time > ...

Copying formulas #12
Hi all, I have a row of forumulas, which relate to columns of data. Each formula needs to be copied down the sheet, but I need the column value to change, not the row value. eg C3 : =sum(c2:c31) C4 : =sum(d2:d31) C5: =sum(e2:e31) etc. How can I replicate the formulas down, but get the Column values to change ? TIA Stu Ignoring the issue of Circular references (the formula in C3 references a range that includes C3)... I *think* this will work for you Put the formula =SUM(C$2:C$31) into an empty row in your spreadsheet and copy it across to all the columns you want to su...

Problem copying large file on USB storage...
Hello, I'm working on Windows CE 5.0 and I have the following problem : I insert a USB storage device in the USB port and I try to copy a large file (about 5MB) from NAND Flash to USB storage device. The copy started but sometimes it doesn't finish. The OS doesn't show a copy error but I see that the file there isn't on the USB storage. This problem there isn't with small files (about KB). Any idea or suggestion ? Thanks in advance, Paolo -- Paolo Patierno Embedded Software Engineer > Any idea or suggestion ? Hi Paolo, Does the USB host drive...

Moving Text Box with Data
I have an excel chart that is updated with two new data points per day. On the chart I have text boxes indicating points of interest for a particular day. As data is added to the chart, the text box stays in the same location and eventually need to be manually moved back to the correct date. Is there any way to link the text box (or a comment) to a particular point on a chart, such that it moves with the data? Thanks in advance. Anyone? Can it be done? "Greg White" wrote: > I have an excel chart that is updated with two new data points per day. On > the chart I ha...

justify text in a text box in excel
Hi, I need to justify text (like a newspaper column) in a text box in Excel. The other Office programs have 4 options (left, right, center, justify); Excel only has 3... is there a way to do this with programming? Excel has 4 too. Click View/Toolbars, then Customize. In the right part of the window, you'll see all available icons. Just drag the one you need to your existing toolbar. "Christine" <Christine@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:B5EC81B8-C66C-49D2-ABD2-93F6EF8C99E6@microsoft.com... > Hi, I need to justify text (like a newspaper column) ...

How to copy "edge" formatting to other cells.
Hello I spent a long time formatting the edges of the cells in my document, now the document looks like a table that I would like to use a template. a) Is there a way to copy only this formatting [not the values in the cells] and paste it to other cells? [i.e., create new templates] b) Is there a way to paste values INTO a blank template [that has the correct formatting of the edges of all of the cells, but no values in the cells], keep the formatting of the edges of the cells? Thanks you! On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:45:06 -0700, Sam wrote: >I spent a long time formatting the edges o...

Copy pages from previous publications
I'm creating a 32 page document for a marching band program. Some of the pages, including the cover, will be re-used from last year's publication. I created this on Publisher 2003 and am using the same this year. I can't figure out how to move the needed pages from last year's publication to the current project. I'm not giving up my day job! Thanks in advance for any help. Band Mom wrote: > I'm creating a 32 page document for a marching band program. Some of > the pages, including the cover, will be re-used from last year's > publication. I created thi...

Highlighting text in Outlook 2003
Is there any way to highlight text in Outlook 2003 without using Word as the editor? I am using Outlook 2003 with SP3 on Win XP SP3 machine. Thanks for any information! Highlight as in yellow marker highlight? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010 htt...

How to stop toolbar drop box of entire cell contents
I keep getting a drop box in the toolbar that shows my entire cell contents and covers 1/4 of my screen. Would like it not to do that. What should I do? That is the formula bar you see expanding. Don't select any cells with great amounts of text or just don't display the formula bar. View>Formula Bar...........uncheck it. That's one thing I like about Excel 2007. The option to expand or not. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 08:27:04 -0700, cubanmamma <cubanmamma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I keep getting a drop box in t...

HELP! How to extract information in inbox/sentbox into a text file
Can any one tell me how to extract the information of new mails in m inbox/sentbox, including the sender name, message subject and messag time, into a text file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Filename in Input/Message Box
Hello Everyone, I have done some searching to no avail about how to put the activeworksheet filename into the text of an input/message box. Does anyone have an idea that could work? Thanks msgbox Prompt:="hi " & activesheet.name or maybe: msgbox Prompt:="hi there", title:=activesheet.name Chadersmith wrote: > > Hello Everyone, > > I have done some searching to no avail about how to put the activeworksheet > filename into the text of an input/message box. > > Does anyone have an idea that could work? > &g...

Excel 2003 SP2 Cells text color pbs
hi, I have a problem with excel 2003 sp2: When I tape a text in cells, and after I colorize this text in RED for exemple and put enter, my cells sem to be red. But if I put pagedown touch on this sheet to write other cell and push pageup my cell was blue on the screen. If I print my sheet the text of the blue cell was red !!!!!!!! This problem seem to work only when the police is in bold !!!!! Have you see the same problem for other user ???? Have you a solution ?? thank you regard SFX ...

How can i copy a value in a cell from a sheet and paste in anothe.
Hello, I ask my question with an exemple : I want to copy a value in C2 from sheet1 to D5 on sheet2. But , if i modify C2 on sheet1, D5 sheet2 has to be modified too. Do you know the function to do that? Thanks :) ( Sorry for my bad english, i speak french usually ) Try putting this in D5 on sheet2: =Sheet2!C2 Maybe this is what you want. Art Hi use the formula ='sheet1'!C2 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "clapton" <clapton@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:F401E623-B2F0-463C-8E0E-04874B24F195@microsoft.com... &...

Change Text
In Cell A1 I have two types of text: 5/3 or 15/2 In Cell A2 I want a formula that changes the A1 text to 053 or 152. Cheers GK Try in A2: =TEXT(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"/",""),"000") -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "gregork" <gregork@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message news:421ee495@clear.net.nz... > In Cell A1 I have two types of text: 5/3 or 15/2 > In Cell A2 I want a formula that changes the A1 text to 053 or 152. > > Cheers > GK > > > Thanks for your ...