Copy and Paste based on criteria

When Department changes I need to insert the ADDRESS below the
Account-Institution Business Office:. Another option I have is that if
address = get new address from page 2. HELP

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ending 02/13/10

Account-Institution Business Office:

DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRESS

883 27903 ROBERSON, JOE abc
883 119245 MUSIL, TODD E abc

883 Total
Account-Institution Business Office:

DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRESS

887 277878 MUMTAZ, MALIKAH def
887 352122 WHITING, BOBBI JO def

887 Total
Account-Institution Business Office:

DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRESS

893 197805 HOEL, JEFFREY S ghi
893 202426 YORK, TODD A ghi

893 Total
Account-Institution Business Office:

DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRESS

934 111806 FELDMANN, Mike jkl
934 137215 JAMES, MARK jkl

934 Total

Grand Total

--
Stacia
--

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"stacia" <stacia.hintz@wisconsin.gov> wrote in message
> When Department changes I need to insert the ADDRESS below the
> Account-Institution Business Office:. Another option I have is that if
> address = get new address from page 2. HELP
>
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ending 02/13/10
>
> Account-Institution Business Office:
>
> DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRESS
>
> 883 27903 ROBERSON, JOE abc
> 883 119245 MUSIL, TODD E abc
>
> 883 Total
> Account-Institution Business Office:
>
> DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRESS
>
> 887 277878 MUMTAZ, MALIKAH def
> 887 352122 WHITING, BOBBI JO def
>
> 887 Total
> Account-Institution Business Office:
>
> DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRESS
>
> 893 197805 HOEL, JEFFREY S ghi
> 893 202426 YORK, TODD A ghi
>
> 893 Total
> Account-Institution Business Office:
>
> DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRESS
>
> 934 111806 FELDMANN, Mike jkl
> 934 137215 JAMES, MARK jkl
>
> 934 Total
>

> Grand Total
>
> --
> Stacia
> --
> Stacia

0
Don

Office 2004: "Paste Special" "Picture" loses 67% of the image
Is anyone else experiencing this problem: --I create a speadsheet or drawing in Excel or PowerPoint. --I select say the spreadsheet, and "copy". --Then I go to Word and "Paste Special":"Picture" and the resulting image is: -->Missing the right 2/3rd of the picture, meaning if my spreadsheet has 10 columns, the first three appear in the picture, but the next 7 are "gone". -->The "picture" is "full size" meaning that when I pull on the corner, it's not like the "missing" part comes into view. It just resi...

Working with a copy of RMS
I have 2 single copies of RMS 1.2. The first copy is running in our store and until now I had not used my second copy. I had use the Manager and Admin to logon to our store. Today I thought it would be much faster to have a copy of our store db running on my local PC. I just wanted to use this for testing and maybe even use it for my Quickbooks interface. I setup myself as and additional cashier in the store db before I restored the db on my local PC. Well, everything is nice and fast when I logon now but I have lost my "connection" to the POS. I had thought that I would use...

Copying calendar entries across .PST files
Windows XP Outlook 2003 Hi, I've got an old .PST file containing calendar entries. Let's call it foo.pst. I've created a new .PST file. Let's call it outlook.pst. That is the default .PST file. I've opened Outlook, then opened foo.pst as a second Outlook data file. I've clicked "Folder List" to list all the folders in both Outlook data files. I've RMBed each folder in the old PST file, select Copy, then select the new PST file. While it's a PITA that Outlook keeps creating a new folder (eg. Inbox1, Tasks1, Contacts1, etc) in the destination P...

Problems copying and pasting a chart
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I'm trying to write a macro that will select an entire worksheet (in Book1), open a new workbook (Book2) and paste what I've copied. The problem is, there is a chart object on the worksheet that reads from 2 columns in the worksheet. When pasted in Book2, this chart still references the data from Book1. I really want it to read from the same range of cells but in Book2 instead of Book1. Is this possible? The copied formulas in the worksheet reference the cells in Book2 just fine. Thanks, bev Bev, rather than copy and paste, you c...

Query based DL ?
Upgrading from E2K to E2K3. By default there is a All Groups Address List were all of the Dl are nested. When you create a new Query Based DL it does not show up in the All groups List but does under the GAL. The reason is the filter string for the All Groups DL does not contain the (objectCategory=msExchDynamicDistributionList) attribute. I wanted to add this additional filter to the default All groups Address List but it is greyed out. Sure if I create a new All goups I can edit to my hearts desire. Is there a way to edit the default All Groups Address List??? ...

Copy function in OWA does not work
When users attempt to copy email from their Inbox to any other folder, OWA spits back an "The item can not be found. It may have been deleted". Yet, you can fully open the email that is trying to be copied in OWA, and it appears normal. This is for all users, including admins. Has anyone seen this issue before? Is the public store mounted? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Gregg" <greggferrara@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1154357066.064822.164860@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > When users attempt...

wanting to know width of several columns for copying
it is sometime required to copy width of several colums to the right. Is there any way to do it in one step? Thanks Sunantoro Wrote: > it is sometime required to copy width of several colums to the right. > Is > there any way to do it in one step? Thanks Hi Sunantoro Try using the Format Painter (looks like a paint brush), hifghlight the columns that you want to copy the widths from, click on the Format Painter and then highlight the columns you want to copy the width to -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard&...

copying to the clipboard
This should be easy. I want to select a cell. then copy the comment from a cell into the clipboard. To get the comment I can Excel.Selection.Comment.Text for copying to the clipboard. Googline I see a clipboard object. people use: Clipboard.setText but clipboard is not an object for me. Do you have to add a reference in? dim it as something? thanks Hi You can not copy a comment into the clip board, but you can work with it like this: Sub test() Dim sComm As String sComm = Selection.Comment.Text With Worksheets(1).Range("B1").AddComment .Visible = False .Text...

Lookup based on currently selected cell
Ok, unusual requirement this. I have an excel spreadsheet which has a column of data. The data is short description of an activity. ie: Task 1 Task 2 Task 3 Task 4 etc What I would like to do is have a cell elsewhere on the worksheet whic then gives you a more detailed description of the activity. So, if the task list is A1:A4 as above, I would like B1 to give longer description of the activity, when one of the cells in the lis is selected. i.e. I want a single long description cell which changes its content based upon which cell in the short description list is seleted (eithe by mouse o...

row that needs to wait till the next page break befor copying
I have a Macro that hides and copies visible cells to worksheet 3, but, I have a certain row that needs to wait till the next page break befor copying so that I don't have to manually adjust them. Moving them manually takes 25 minutes 2-3 times a day, if there is a way it would really save me. ...

Find last day of month depending on criteria
Range A1:JA1 has all our work days for the year (holidays and weekends are excluded). In P32 I want to enter the number of a month (i.e. 1 = Jan, 2 = Feb, etc.) and have a formula in Q32 that looks in A1:JA1 and returns the largest date for the month I entered in P32. Thank you, Jeff On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 14:13:02 -0800, Jeff Jensen <JeffJensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Range A1:JA1 has all our work days for the year (holidays and weekends are >excluded). > >In P32 I want to enter the number of a month (i.e. 1 = Jan, 2 = Feb, etc.) >and hav...

return a value in one cell based on multiple formulas
I have the following data: gift_id suffix gift_desc size BX02 Chateauneuf - Semi Dry White 750 ml (12) BX07 Cabernet Sauvignon (VDP) 750 ML (12) BX08 Valrose (VDP) 750 ML (12) CH02 NYS White Sparkling 187 ML (24) CH02 NYS White Sparkling 750 ml (12) I would like to return a value in the "suffix" column based on the text in the "size" field. for example =IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("750",D2)),-750). I want -750 to appear in the suffix column if partial text "750" appears in the size column and similarly I want ...

Copy columns into rows
Can anyone advise me how to copy columns of contiguous cells, into a much easier to read row of contiguous cells? hi, copy the column. select a cell in column a. goto edit>paste special>transpose >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone advise me how to copy columns of contiguous >cells, into a much easier to read row of contiguous cells? >. > Don't forget, only 256 columns, which means only that many rows can be moved to a *single* row. Select the column(s), Right click in the selection and choose "Copy". Right click in the first cell of the row to rece...

paste special
how do you paste only shown rows on a spreadsheet to a new workbook? I have hidden rows that I do not want to copy over. thanks! i am working in office 2007 If the rows are hidden because of a filter, simply select the cells (not the whole worksheet) by clicking and dragging. Ctrl-C to copy the selected cells Switch to the new Sheet and Paste. Any “hidden” rows will not be pasted. Hope that helps, Frank "beana" wrote: > how do you paste only shown rows on a spreadsheet to a new workbook? I have > hidden rows that I do not want to copy over. t...

Macro copy range
Hi, I have this data In column B: code1 code2 code3 In column C: city1 city2 city3 How can I create a macro that stores values from B and C column and pastes them in column A one under the other like: Column A code1 code2 code3 city1 city2 city3 Thanks try sub copybandctoa() for i=2 to 3 dlr=cells(rows.count,1).end(xlup).row+1 columns(i).copy cells(dlr,1) next i end sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "canvas" <spyele123@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b91f5ed7-fcb1-4567-afc0-1...

copy conditional formatting
1. I want to copy the conditional formatting set to cell A1 to Cell B1, C1, D1..K1.How can I do so? Ajit Hi Ajit, Use the format painter(paint brush icon). Select the cell that has the desired cond. formatting, then press the format painter(double click if copying format to 2+ cells), select the cell(s) that you want the same cond. formatting applied to. Have a great day! -- Kevin Lehrbass www.spreadsheetsolutions4u.com "ajitbmunj" wrote: > 1. I want to copy the conditional formatting set to cell A1 to Cell B1, C1, > D1..K1.How can I do so? > > Ajit You cou...

Create renamed copy of file in same directory
Hi everyone, this is my first post here and yes, I'm a powershell newbie. I could not find a solution to my problem online, and I am not getting my little command to work - perhaps someone here is kind enough to offer some advice. :) The task: say I have 3 .jpg files and one tmp-file in my folder c:\test\jpgs\ File 1: house.jpg.test.jpg File 2: roof.jpg.test.jpg File 3: bird.jpg.test.jpg TmpFile: somefile.jpg.test.tmp (please note that I am aware of .jpg showing up twice in each of the actual image files, but ideally I would want this script to only find the file extensions...

How To: copy dialogs from one project to another ?
Do you know how to copy a dialog used in one project to a new project, can I do this from outside IDE just copy files from one directory to another ? or do I need to copy manually inside IDE. Thanks in advance for your help, Eduardo Tom Serface wrote: > > don't mess up the original. I do this all the time and it works really > well. Do you do it with VS .NET 2003? If you do, great, because it just means my installation is broken in some way. If you don't, I suspect that if you migrate to .NET 2003, you'll swear at it and stamp your foot as much as I did when I fo...

Can't get past welcome screen
I have a problem that I can't get past the welcome screen. From looking at newsgroups mine (or similar) is a common problem. However I have no yet solved my issue. My problem ocurred after I tried using startup manager (from startupmanager.org). After rebooting I could not get past the Welcome screen (even in safe mode). If I click on a user it starts logging on then immediately logs off again. I do not have an XP product CD to do the repair installation (as other posts to similar problems have suggested). I'm trying to get hold of one but it is XP pro. Can I use X...

Can I paste information (from several cells) into a cell comment?

copying the priv.edb and pub.edb files
I need to copy the priv.edb and pub.edb files to another server to do an offline defragment of the database to try and fix some corruption. I have stopped the information store (also stopped all the services) and tried to copy the file. It tells me access denied, the file may be in use. I also tried rebooting the serve with the services set to manual. This did not work. Thanks for any help. Try stopping the Exchange System Attendant too. -mark >-----Original Message----- >I need to copy the priv.edb and pub.edb files to another server to do an >offline defragment of the dat...

How do I copy excel data into a word doc without lines?
I need to copy data from excel into a word document without lines. Is this possible? The information will be set up as a table when copied into word. Once it is in Word, you can select the table and remove the grid lines or border lines. "missyann52" wrote: > I need to copy data from excel into a word document without lines. Is this > possible? ...

Can I create a form with columns based on data?
Hi I am trying to create a Booking System for a client renting a number of cottages. I have three Tables: 1. Diary Dates. Fields: DiaryID WeekCommencingDate 2. Resources. Fields: ResourceID ResourceName ResourceType 3. DiaryRooms. Fields: DiaryRoomID DiaryID - linked to Diary Dates. ResourceID - linked to Resources. Tariff Available ReservationID What I want to do is display a form showing ResourceName as a column header and WeekCommencingDate as a Row Header, rather like a Pivot Table, but permitting entry of the data, Tariff & Availability in each cell. Is this possible? Stapes ...

SBS 2008 Volume Shadow Copy wont start
Hi just did a new install of SBS2008, when trying to setup an off-site backup we discovered that the Volume Shadow Copy Service wont start and gives and Error 1053. the service did not respond in a timely fashion. Also WBADMIN wont start it says "catastrophic failure" when it is tried? Any suggestions? C Hello, Thanks for your posting here. When did this issue begin to occur? Has it ever worked before? Have you tried reboot your SBS 2008 server? The Error 1053 is a common error that service cannot be started due to corrupted system file or conflict with other...

Fastest way to Copy DB + Keys,Constraints to another server
What would be the fastest way to copy a SQL Server 2005 database and its data to another server including keys and constraints, without stopping the source server? TIA > What would be the fastest way to copy a SQL Server 2005 database and its > data > to another server including keys and constraints, without stopping the > source > server? BACKUP/RESTORE -- Hope this helps. Dan Guzman SQL Server MVP http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/dang/ ...