Copy and Paste #3

I would like to EXCHANGE the contents of one cell with
another...

e.g. cell A1 contains.... 25
     cell A2 contains ... 65

Can I copy A1 into A2 using some form of paste special to
EXCHANGE the 2 values?

Thanks,

Larry

0
flk2575 (44)

Hi Larry
you would need a macro to achieve this change. There is no such 'paste
special' option for this

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

FLKulchar wrote:
> I would like to EXCHANGE the contents of one cell with
> another...
>
> e.g. cell A1 contains.... 25
>      cell A2 contains ... 65
>
> Can I copy A1 into A2 using some form of paste special to
> EXCHANGE the 2 values?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Larry

0
frank.kabel (11126)
3/2/2004 9:30:50 AM
You would need a macro something like
x=range("a1")
y=range("a2")
range("a2")=x
range("a1")=y

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"FLKulchar" <flk2575@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I would like to EXCHANGE the contents of one cell with
> another...
>
> e.g. cell A1 contains.... 25
>      cell A2 contains ... 65
>
> Can I copy A1 into A2 using some form of paste special to
> EXCHANGE the 2 values?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Larry

0
Don
3/2/2004 1:10:02 PM
If this is a one time thing and the cells in question
contain data and no formula's, you can use the copy &
paste or the cut & past, for example: copy A1 to A3, copy
A2 to A1, Copy A3 to A2. Delete contents of A3.

Charlie O'Neill

0
anonymous (74722)

IMF Filter #3
Ok, I know this depends on your environment, but what level is most commonly set for the IMF controls. As far as archiving/deleting and then for the junk folder settings. --John On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 06:40:30 -0800, "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Ok, I know this depends on your environment, but what level is most commonly >set for the IMF controls. As far as archiving/deleting and then for the junk >folder settings. --John I would set the SCLs high with No Action on the Gateway and test and play with the settings as your testing goes over time. ...

Using the sum function in a 3 dimension environment
How to Use the sum function in a 3 dimension environment in Microsoft Excel? Need a detailed description for a research paper I am doing, ASAP!!!! Is this what you need? =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet3!C1) If sheet names have spaces use =SUM('sheet x:sheet y'!C1) -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Paul Hargreaves" <Paul Hargreaves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24F4CEEA-3A12-4922-B72B-416A9584EDD6@microsoft.com... > How to Use the sum function in a 3 dimension environment in Microsoft > Excel? > Need a detailed d...

Blank E-mail #3
When I send an e-mail it comes through blank to the recipient. How do I fix this Try typing a message in the body before you send it. Ray at work "Edward Moalem" <moalem@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:017e01c3a303$4eb4b180$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When I send an e-mail it comes through blank to the > recipient. > > How do I fix this > > If your using SpamEnder it causes a conflict. And yes Ray I did type a message in the body of the e- mail LOL >-----Original Message----- >Try typing a message in the body before you send it. > >Ray at ...

Mailbox Creation #3
I have always created a mailbox for Exchange whenever I have created a new user in Active Directory. However, recently, I receive confirmation that the mailbox has been created, but, in the Exchange System Manager, the mailbox is not there. I have checked for a possible licensing issue, but everything is in order. Any help on this matter would be deeply appreciated. Thank you. On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:13:02 -0800, Alboni <Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have always created a mailbox for Exchange whenever I have created a new >user in Active Directory. However, r...

Copy & Paste defaults
When copying text from another application into a cell in Excel, I can either choose to retain the source formatting or use the destination formatting. Does anyone know a way that I can make the Excel destination formatting the default so that it is not necssary to make the selection on every copy/paste? Jerry I don't think there is a way to default Excel to the destination formatting. The only workaround might be to paste via a macro: Sub PasteDestinFormat() ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Format:="Text" End Sub -- Jim "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

CRM 3.0 Reports Not Working in Outlook Client
Recently we had to republish all the reports on the SQL server (2005) in order for them to show up in the web client. They now do and can be run. However, none of our laptop clients are able to run a report. When a user clicks on the report link, they get the following error: Server error '/' application The request failed with HTTP status 401: unauthorized. These same users can run the reports through the web client. I'm at a complete loss and appreciate any and all help. Thanks, Jason Little more background: CRM 3.0 and SQL Server 2005 are on different servers OS: Windows ...

Reconcile #3
After balancing I bring up all unreconciled transactions. How can you select all the transactions and tag them reconciled all at once, instead of one at a time? In microsoft.public.money, Randy wrote: >After balancing I bring up all unreconciled transactions. >How can you select all the transactions and tag them >reconciled all at once, instead of one at a time? Select to show only unreconciled transactions. Sort by date, and go to the oldest transaction. Hold down Cntl+Shift+M and let auto-repeat work thru the transactions until none are left showing. ...

Counting coloured cells #3
I have a list of percentages that are conditionally formatted and I want to be able to count how many cells are each different colour. I don't think you can do this with count if as it only looks for numbers or text and not formatting but essentially I want to count the number of cells in a range which are red/gold or green. Use the following UDF Function CountColor(rng As Range, colorRng As Range) For Each cl In rng If cl.Interior.ColorIndex = colorRng.Interior.ColorIndex Then ' use this for background color CountColor = CountColor + 1 End If ...

Publisher Clip art #3
I have Microsoft Publisher 98. I have lost my disk! that contains all my clip-art. I can preview the pictures but not insert them. I have the Clipart file number (i.e. DD01658.wmf) but cannot find the design on Microsoft online Clipart and Media. There are several clip art images I am looking at right now that are that way. Is there anyway I can search Microsoft for them of get them somewhere else? Microsoft changes the clipart now and then. Much of the legacy clipart is gone from the Office web site. If you have a list of images you need, let me know and I will put them on a web pag...

Joining 3 Queries That Count
I am trying to decipher the “status” of records in my table based on two date fields and the name of the agent assigned to each record. The fields are as follows: SUPPORT MGR (Name) DC (Date Completed) Follow-up Date I have 3 separate queries based on these fields that work as follows: a) Completed SELECT [Master Table].[SUPPORT MGR], Count([Master Table].[MERCHANT ID]) AS [# COMPLETED] FROM [Master Table] WHERE ((([Master Table].DC) Between [Start Date] And [End Date])) GROUP BY [Master Table].[SUPPORT MGR]; b) In Follow-Up SELECT [Master Table].[SUPPORT MGR], Count(...

CRM 3.0 Faxing
Apart from OmniRush, does anyone know of any other Faxing software which is compatible with CRM 3.0 ? Thanks Nicos Papaioannou ...

Importing Customizations and Workflows from 3.0
Hi, I've exported some customizations and workflows from CRM 3.0 and want to import to CRM 4.0. I'm trying at the CRM 4.0 interface but it's saying "Either the file could not be uploaded, or this is not a valid Customization file." How should I do that? It isn't possible? tks, Alex Unfortunately you can't export from CRM 3.0 and import into CRM 4.0 Your only option is to have your customisations on a CRM 3.0 server, upgrade the server to CRM 4.0, then export and import the customisations and workflows -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: h...

Row height changes when copying and pasting
I have several rows which are relatively large but which have a small font in the cells. When I copy and paste to another area or another worksheet, the row height decreases to fit the small font. How can I keep the row height the same when copying and pasting? I've tried several options in paste special but nothing works. I'm using Excel 97 at home and 2000 at work and they both do the same. Thanks in advance, -- BT You might just want to learn how to use the Format Painter. http://www.officearticles.com/misc/format_painter_in_microsoft_office.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy w...

Outlook 2003
Hello, I migrate from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2003. I have problems with my rules: I have a first set of rules to MOVE messages to specific folders according to e-mail addresses (To: ...) AND a second set of rules to filter spam (MOVE messages to Deleted Items) This set of rules worked perfectly with OE6 (more than 90% of spam filtered). With Outlook 2003, COPIES of messages filtered remain in Inbox and specific folders of first set of rules. So I have now 3 copies of 200 junk mails per day, now... It is a real problem Why does Outlook make COPIES of the messages when I ask to MOVE t...

Questions on copying from one sheet to the other and coping every other cell.
I need to change a formula on sheet two reading... =OFFSET($B$1,0,ROW()-2) which I drag down the column and it copies text like this =B1 =C1 =D1 etc. I need to make it every other cell in the row instead of every cell. For instance now when I drag it, it will go down the column and copy text from =B1 =D1 =F1 +H1 Etc.... Second, first time ever but the columns in first row in sheet 2 is full, so I also need to continue same formula on the next sheet, sheet 3 but have it continue copying to same column on Sheet 2. How do i make this possible? Thanks! TKL -- KatyLady ---------------...

copy only unhide columns
Dear Sir/Madam, I need to how do I copy all values in a worksheet EXCEPT hidden column and paste them into a new workbook. Regards, sea -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sean, Select your columns even the hidden ones. then press F5 click on "special" then click on visible cells only then do your copy and pasting. Regards, Cesar zapata seanyeap < wrote: > Dear Sir/Madam, > I need to how do I copy all values in a worksheet EXCEPT hidden columns > and paste them into a new workbook. > > Regards, > sean > > > --- > Message ...

Word as Email Editor #3
In order to use the Auto Signature function in outlook 97, we have had to disable the Word E-Mail Editor. We have found that this can be done through Tools | Options | Email or Tools | Use Word as the E-Mail Editor (in both instances, removing the tick out of the checkbox). However, the problem we are faced with is that everytime you resart a pc, the check boxes are again ticked and the auto signature doesn't work. Any Ideas??? ...

Scanning quantity items 1.2 x $3.00 ?
I have rms set up so that you can enter the number of items...say 2 packs of cigs times (x) scan the item, and you get the total. The problem is sometimes an employee will scan 1.2 by accident (rarely), and then inventory is off, so is the price etc, and they don't catch it either...I found out because I ran a report, and it showed up with a 1.2 sale of a pack of smokes. Since we only sell full packs I new this was an error...is there a way to prevent this? -- Thank You Vince :) ...

How do I keep chart/data link when copying worksheet
I have a worksheet for each month within a file - each worksheet has data tables, and some charts generated from that data. With Excel 2003, when I copied a worksheet within the same file (for example, to create the July sheet, by copying the June sheet) the charts in the new (copied) July sheet correctly linked to the July data. When I do the same in Excel 2007, the charts in the July sheet link back to the June data instead. I have looked through the options and cannot see how to do this. Is the data on the same sheet as the chart? In 2003, if the chart was on a different worksheet, ...

Money vs. Quicken #3
I've been doing a side-by-side comparison between Money 2005 Premier and Quicken 2005 Premier over the past week. I should also point out that I beta tested Money 2005 having been a loyal fan of Money since about 1999. The beta testers did point out most of the current issues and many others that did get fixed in time. Unfortunately, Quicken has problems that Money doesn't have. One, it's interface has always been rather poor compared to Money's. Quicken also seems to have severe problems with the process of accepting downloaded transactions. There appears to be no ...

Copying Part of a row down part of a column
Hi, My problem is this. I have a specific row of data that I need to copy part of down a column, until the next row of data. The data is in a format 12345 abcd efgh ijkl I only need to copy the numeric portion (12345) down the column, until the next row I need to copy (same format) shows up. What's the best/quickest way to do this. It's like an =IF function, but I'm not sure of the syntax. Thanks Try this: assuming your column A is the column with your data with blank rows i between and column B is where you want the results then. =IF(A2<>"",LEFT...

CRM 3.0 Conveting Campaign Tasks into Tasks
I would like to convert Campaign Tasks into Tasks. The reason for this is that only Tasks are sync'ed with Outlook. Can it be done with the workflow manager. I had a look at it but without any result. Tnx ...

In a word doucument that is a copy of a newspaper article where do you put the copyright symbol
This is some what related to the previous question about a font. (I've since found out its a custom built version). I have a Copy (with permission of the newspaper) of an Article, about a cousin of mine that was in WWII. I've been given permission to post it on my website from the Paper. They've even given me a Banner to use in jpeg format. I have saved it in PNG. since it a copyrighted article (I assume since I had to get permission), where do you put the copyright symbol? at: top left, top right, bottom right or left. And I supposed I will have to give notice of...

Paste Values not working in Excel 2003 (?)
Hi, Using Excel 2003 with Win xp Pro I copy a range of cels, then I choose EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL > VALUES and it does NOT paste ALL the cel contentent... It does paste all the cels, but only the first 3 lines of each cel's content. Is there any limitation in the number of characters ? Thanks ALex This is not the exact problem you describe, put perhaps it's related: XL2000: "255 Characters in Cell" Error When Copying Worksheet, at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213548 -- HTH - -Frank Isaacs Dolphin Technology Corp. http://vbapro.com ...

CButton #3
I have two questions about CButton, not in a dialog but simply amid various graphics in my SDI view. m_pButton = new CButton; m_pButtonRect = new CRect(500,400,600,450); m_pButton->Create(_T ("Get Going"), WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | BS_PUSHBUTTON, *m_pButtonRect, this, 100); 1. Can I adjust the height of the font with my present method of creating the button? 2. Any idea how I can get rid of the flicker that occurs when I delete the button pointer? I either get a flicker or a brief "ghost" effect, depending on what graphics operations are going on....