Copy a Data Series Between Charts???

Hi-

I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of graphs, all of which are
based on a common spreadsheet, which require the regular movement of
data series between the graphs.

It would be wonderful if there was a simple way to cut & paste or copy
these data series between the graphs.

Can it be done?

thnx
0
phil6666 (36)

In article <t83kj01opo7h9c9hnhdgmq0ov3fo6j0h3e@4ax.com>, phil6666
@adelphia.net says...

> based on a common spreadsheet, which require the regular movement of
> data series between the graphs.

What does "movement of data series between the graphs" mean?
--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <t83kj01opo7h9c9hnhdgmq0ov3fo6j0h3e@4ax.com>, phil6666
@adelphia.net says...

> Hi-
>
> I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of graphs, all of which are
> based on a common spreadsheet, which require the regular movement of
> data series between the graphs.
>
> It would be wonderful if there was a simple way to cut & paste or copy
> these data series between the graphs.
>
> Can it be done?
>
> thnx

I have a spreadsheet that shows data for all 50 states.

I have about 10 graphs which show this data, but only for certain
states. (All graphs are very similar, except for which states are on
which graph.)

Graph #1 might have NY and 9 other states.

Graph #2 might have NC and 9 other states.

After a month, I might have to move NY to graph #2 and NC to graph #1.

Is there a way to copy/paste the "data series" for NY to move it to
graph #2?

thnx

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 19:55:59 GMT, Tushar Mehta
<tmUnderscore200310@tushar-mehta.SeeOhEm> wrote:

>In article <t83kj01opo7h9c9hnhdgmq0ov3fo6j0h3e@4ax.com>, phil6666
>@adelphia.net says...
>>
>> based on a common spreadsheet, which require the regular movement of
>> data series between the graphs.
>>
>What does "movement of data series between the graphs" mean?

0
phil6666 (36)

Doubble loop to copy and paste
Hey guys :) My table goes like this: A B C D E F ........ _________________________ 1 | 1 Title 1 2 | 1 Subtitle a 3 | 1 Subtitle b 4 | 1 Subtitle c 5 | 1 Title 2 6 | 1 Subtitle d 7 | 1 Subtitle e 8 | 1 Title 2 9 | 1 Subtitle f .... and so on. What I want the macro to do is this; for each value "1" in column A, copy the "Title n" in column E into ...

Plot area of embedded charts unexplainably shrinks in Excel 2003 S
I am working on a large spreadsheet full of numerical data. It contains several dozen bar and line graphs embedded across several worksheets. I have a decent understanding of Excel and Excel graphs but do not use VBA. The problem I have with Excel is that it sometimes – and unpredictably – (vertically) shrinks the plot areas of the embedded graphs. This can happen between opening the document and printing it. Other times, the plot area would shrink if I click on the plot area with my mouse, and then click off on to a cell in the same worksheet. The chart area remains the same siz...

Is there a way to setup excel to prompt for a backup copy upon ex.
I want to automatically create a backup onto a disk each time I exit program. "sonny" wrote: > It depends on which version of Excel as to how. It is also preferred that the content of you request not be typed in the Subject field. Please take advantage of the Message area, even for short inquiries. Thanks |:>) "sonny" wrote: > I am currently using 2000. Thanks "CyberTaz" wrote: > It depends on which version of Excel as to how. > > It is also preferred that the content of you request not be typed in the > Subject field. Ple...

Adding Named Formulas to a Chart
Guys I've been trying to figure out how to add a named formula to series' field. Do i just add teh name of the formula in quotes, singl quotes, or what? thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maurice, like this: =workbook.xls!rangename -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "maurices5000 >" <<maurices5000.178a3w@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:maurices5000.178a3w@excelforum-nospam.com... > Guys I've been trying to figure out how to add a named formula to a > ...

Combo Box from data in another tab
Is it possible to create a combo box from data that's in another tab? I have a combo box that's from data in hidden columns. But now I need to move all that hidden data to another tab in the same file. But when I go into properties and go to the ListFillRange option, it won't let me enter another tab name. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200508/1 I have called data from another tab with a combo box by doing th following: First - name the range of the data on the other tab. This can be don with the shortcut on the toolbar (l...

Adding a new data series to an existing chart
I have a stacked bar chart that shows monthly sales by customer type. I want to add an additional data series to show the monthly forecast, to be displayed as a point or line against the existing stacked-bar data. Any ideas? Select the data you want to plot. Drag onto the chart. XL will pop up with a dialog box asking for some information. Provide it and you will be all set. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <1418C2D7-4DF6-4945-A08A...

Hyperlink Error
I have a hyperlink set-up for a netwrok file. It works fine, but when the file is copied the hyperlin chages to the folder that the file has been copied to. original link - L:\folder\folder\file Changes to - C:\file How can I get it to keep the original link? Justin ...

Move gridlines in a chart so that they are above the numbers
I have done a chart in excel and the gridlines are set so that the y axis numbers are inbetween the gridlines. When I choose minor gridlines I get double the gridlines. I just want a gridline above each number in my y axis Double click the axis that intersects the gridlines, and on the Scale tab, uncheck Axis Crosses Between Categories. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Tara Medway" <Tara Medway@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47400C54-74B4-4E67-93AD-AE8B3F09BE47@microsoft.com...

Excel 2000
Hi! *First off:* I have created a spreadsheet that has a dynamic range an data validation. *Next:* i know i can add options to the 'dynamic range' and my dro down menu will add the option to its list. *Problem:* How can I make it so the user can add data into th validated data list/drop down menu rather than having the user addin it into the dynamic range? *Example:*this drop down menu indicates how often a system is updated weekly, monthly, etc. etc... i don't want to restrict it, so i want t make it so they can indicate their own time on how often those update occur. TIA -...

Data within a cell
If names are in cells as "last name, first name, middle initial" can a macro be run to change the order to "first name, middle initial, last name"? A formula will do Assuming you have spaces between commas and names, =MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&RIGHT(A2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&", "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1) Then just copy down. If you want this more permanent, copy the cells with formulas, right click, paste special. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click &q...

How do I make the x axis data the y axis data?
My graph automatically makes certain data the y axis and other data the x axis. I need to just reverse it for the graph I am looking for. Any suggestions? SLG, One option is to reverse the positions of the data on the spreadsheet. Assuming an XY chart, you would change a setup like this: x y 5 4 4 2 5 3 7 4 6 5 to this: y x 4 5 2 4 3 5 4 7 5 6 If this doesn't work, can you post back to let us know what type of chart and data you're using? ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "SLG" wrote: > My graph automatically makes certain data the y axis ...

Prevent auto recoloring of chart when using Pivot Table data
I have crated a Pivot tabel with data I want to show in a Chart. My problem is when I refresh data the colours of the "data series" changes. For exaple I want one of my series "OK" always be shown in green colour, but after a refresh of pivot all colours changes. This problem is not only colouring. If I have made changes to my chart so that one series ar plotted on a secondary axis, and I change it to another chart type (e.g. the secondary should be shown as a line instead of column) this also changes when refreshing the data. Most irritating! Anyone that knows how to p...

Data entered from list automatically enters number in another cell
I am using Excel 2007 and here is an simplified example of what I need. Items Price Potatoes 4.35 Apples 5.55 Oranges 7.95 Onions 4.55 Carrots 3.75 Items Column is List for Valid entries in table below Prices are the numbers I want entered when I enter the Item If I enter Oranges from Dropdown List in A16 , I want Excel to automatically enter the number 7.95 3 columns over in D16,or if it is quite a bit easier, just 1 column over in cell B16 Example of table I want: My Entries: Excel Enters ...

converting plain data to table format
It has been a while since I used excel but I am almost sure there is a way to convert just plain rows and columns of data into a table format. This way I believe that adding rows to this block of data is as simple as tabbing after the last cell and it should just drop down to the next row and insert one??? correct?? Excel should recognize a contiguous range as a table, or list. Include headings in the first row, and leave at least one blank row and column between the table and other items on the worksheet. You can use the built-in data form to add records to the table (Data>Form). Or,...

Data Migration Framework 08-04-04
Hi, I am not understanding something pretty fundamental regarding the Data Migration Framework (DMF). I am looking to migrate a limited number of records (approx 1K) from Goldmine into MS CRM as Account records. I understand that the DTS in SQL can be used to load the data into the CDF database. On page 73 of the Data Migration Framework Guide (v1.2) it states that you use the Goldmine export utility to extract data from Goldmine. However, how do you use DTS to load this data into the CDF database as Goldmine exports it into Excel? Also, using the export facility in Goldmine you can only e...

Suppress Chart Legend Series
Is there a way to suppress a series in the chart legend if the series at a particular time equals zero? Thanks - Not that I can think of. Bernard "Alex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22f201c427aa$af9c0da0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to suppress a series in the chart legend if > the series at a particular time equals zero? > > Thanks - > Alex - You can hide a legend entry. Select the legend, then select the text of the legend entry, then press Delete. This cannot be done conditionally based on the values in the ser...

why is the chart displayed only when the chart area is clicked on?
We used the chart wizard to create a chart. The chart area is greyed out and the chart is displayed only when the chart area is clicked on. We tried to create the same chart using a new workbook and we don't have this problem. Hi, Use the menu Tools > Options. On the View tab in the Objects section make sure Show All is selected rather than place holders. Cheers Andy Vivien wrote: > We used the chart wizard to create a chart. The chart area is greyed out and > the chart is displayed only when the chart area is clicked on. We tried to > create the same chart using a...

Why receive duplicated copies of every email?
Hi there, I have an Exchange 2003 server. Users are using Outlook 2003. There is one issue with one user's account. When he sends out emails from his Outlook 2003, some recipients sometimes receive two copies of every email. It doesn't always happen, but the majority. He is sending to recipients individually, not any distribution group. If I look at the Massage Tracking from the System Manager, it does show those emails are delivered twice. Any idea would be greatly appreciated, Ross Are they delegates for anyone else on the DL? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replie...

Charting blocks of time as a bar graph
Is there a way to convert/display a given chunk of time (for example a person's shift) into a bar graph/chart? For example: If someone works 6am-2pm, I would like to have that shift show up as a bar in a graph covering those hours. I would ultimately like to enter a person's shift and have it display somewhere else on the page or another sheet in a graph form to see graphically if we are short in coverage somewhere. An example of what I mean can be found here: https://public.me.com/gadgetman Any suggestions/help???? hi, you can download a model (Gantt Chart) here: http://o...

How can I create and display a chart dynamically on a UserForm wi.
I am trying to create charts dynamically using VBA and Excel. The data being plotted will change frequently, and my client wants to interface only with the user form, and not the worksheet itself. I know that you can use the MSChart control to do this in VB6, but I was wondering if there is a similar control for use with Excel and VBA. If so, any additional info on how to use it would be much appreciated. Thanks. I think it's an incredibly dumb idea to want to interface only with a userform (and sacrifice the flexibility of direct access to a chart). Maybe, you can convince your c...

Data Range with more than value
I am trying to assign codes to one of my worksheets based on pricing. The problem that I am running into is that the data that I am taking my information has a range of pricing Example below PRICE POINT/RANGE PP $0.01 TO $1 PP0100 I need to have a formula that looks at "PRICE POINT/RANGE" and compare it to a column that has pricing (i.e .95). This formula/function should give me the "PP" code. Break the range up into two columns (Data - Text to columns). Assuming you don't have gaps/overlaps in your price range (why would you?) your formula ...

Pulisher 2003: copy pages from doc1 to doc2
Hi, To set the scene: e.g. in Powerpoint, you can copy a selection of slides from document 1 and paste to document 2 (slide sorter view) We need to do same in Publisher 2003. Have 2 documents, need to copy a series of pages from one current document into another current document. How the heck do you do that, without creating a whole series of blank pages and copying those sections across (which would be a big pain!) ; surely there is an easy-as-powerpoint solution to this? many thanks! You can open two documents in Publisher, tile them, drag and drop. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://o...

How to change data range for Pivot Table
Hi, How can I make pivot table query for parameters like data range, I have done something like this in normal query by adding [Ask For Date:] in MS Query. Does anyone know how to achieve similar result for Pivot Table. regards Peter You can use the pivot table's page fields to filter the data. Or, import the external data to a worksheet, where you can use parameters, and base the pivot table on that. piotr.kabath@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > How can I make pivot table query for parameters like data range, I have > done something like this in normal query by adding [Ask F...

Copy all Screentips
I have a range of cells and in each cell is a hyperlink. Assocaiated with each hyperlink is a screentip. What code would you use to go to each cell and get the screentip and put in an array? This should help: Sub ScreenTip() Dim hp As Hyperlink Dim stArray() As Variant Dim i As Integer i = 0 For Each hp In ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks ReDim Preserve stArray(i) stArray(i) = hp.ScreenTip i = i + 1 Next hp 'Do something with stArray End Sub Regards Rowan "brmauer" wrote: > I have a range of cells and in each cell ...

Issues when pivot charts are refreshed and pivots has filters
Dear Sir, Need help with pivot charts. The problem I am facing is as given. Have created a pivot. It has filters, by name and we want to track for each person productive & non productive hours. One name is chosen and a pie chart is made and formating done with labels (to display the absolute no. and %). Post this when another person is chosen in the pivot with the filter the complete formating goes for a toss. No labels can be seen. What is the way out? Wish you Happy New Year 2010 regards saswato mitra Excel 2007 PivotTable, PivotChart Seems to work in my set...