Convertion to HEX

Hi to all,

        I am trying to convert a number to a hex number using the Hex()
function in Excel but no luck !!!!
    I am always getting the same error 13 datatype incompatilibity, pardon
my english, I'm french....
here is the code I use

' convertion en Hex
        num = Cells(i, "T").Value
        myhex = Hex(num)   datatype error here
        Cells(i, "U") = myhex

both of my variable are variant  type and and the format of my data column
is in text, some number have letters in it
      523535BA
      08114572730
      52204F23

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong

Thanks

Alain

Hi,

If some number have letter in them, from a to f, it mean that they are
already in hexadecimal. The input of the Hex() must be only number from 0 to
9.

--
JP
jp@?NOSPAM?solutionsvba.com

"Alain" <a.bilodeau@lcs.qc.ca> wrote in message
> Hi to all,
>
>         I am trying to convert a number to a hex number using the Hex()
> function in Excel but no luck !!!!
>     I am always getting the same error 13 datatype incompatilibity, pardon
> my english, I'm french....
> here is the code I use
>
> ' convertion en Hex
>         num = Cells(i, "T").Value
>         myhex = Hex(num)   datatype error here
>         Cells(i, "U") = myhex
>

> both of my variable are variant  type and and the format of my data column
> is in text, some number have letters in it
>       523535BA
>       08114572730
>       52204F23
>       08113848195
>       52210354
>

> Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong
>
> Thanks
>
> Alain

This question also posted to newsgroups:-

microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
microsoft.public.excel.programming

Suggest the later "programming" group is the most appropriate.

"Alain" <a.bilodeau@lcs.qc.ca> wrote in message
> Hi to all,
>
>         I am trying to convert a number to a hex number using the Hex()
> function in Excel but no luck !!!!
>     I am always getting the same error 13 datatype incompatilibity, pardon
> my english, I'm french....
> here is the code I use
>
> ' convertion en Hex
>         num = Cells(i, "T").Value
>         myhex = Hex(num)   datatype error here
>         Cells(i, "U") = myhex
>

> both of my variable are variant  type and and the format of my data column
> is in text, some number have letters in it
>       523535BA
>       08114572730
>       52204F23
>       08113848195
>       52210354
>

> Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong
>
> Thanks
>
> Alain

converting to money 2003
Is there a way for me to capture my old accounts and investments from running Microsopft Money for 7 years on my old Windows 95 computer to my new computer which has Money 2003? I would prefer not to have to renter all the old information. Thanks Paul So, move the .MNY file and open it on the new platform. You should capture your old everything. "paul" <pglienke@g2a.net> wrote in message news:0a0801c38ed4$8f2dcbe0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way for me to capture my old accounts and > investments from running Microsopft Money for 7 years on > my old Windows...

Converting Numbers to Text properly
We have part numbers some of which are a mixture of text and numbers an some that are numbers only. Excel sees those parts consisting of onl numbers as numbers rather than text. Even if I format the column t text, the numbers simply move to the left hand side but still se themselves as numbers. I know I can precede a numeric value with a apostrophe to make Excel see the cell contents as text however this i time consuming. Once I have formatted the column to text, I can the double click on each cell containing only numbers and it will then se itself as text but again this is time consuming...

How to convert Excel file to PDF?
How do I convert an Excel workbook to PDF format? I can't find information about this in Excel Help. Thanks. You have to BUY a program that can create PDF files. Adobe Acrobat is the original. There are others available for less money. Search Google. On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 09:51:05 -0700, "YvonneP" <yvonnep@site-blauvelt.com.(donotspam)> wrote: >How do I convert an Excel workbook to PDF format? I can't find information >about this in Excel Help. Thanks. Using PDFwriter. Sarah "YvonneP" <yvonnep@site-blauvelt.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message ne...

Converting Pagemaker 7.0 to Publisher 2003
Is there a way to convert a Pagemaker 7.0 file to MS Publisher? No sir. There is no compatibility there. Output your PageMaker file to *.rtf (losing graphics) and Publisher can open it. Otherwise, copy/paste or drag/drop with both apps open at the same time. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mkilby" <Mkilby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52069E89-43BA-4395-ADBC-BD1687B75579@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to convert a Pagemaker...

Convert Excel document received. I do not have Excel
I cannot open Excel spreadsheet sent to me as I do not have Excel If just need to view the contents of the Excel spreadsheet, and you don't need to edit the spreadsheet, you can download and install a free Microsoft Excel viewer from http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=273711. "Mutchie" wrote: > I cannot open Excel spreadsheet sent to me as I do not have Excel Also, how about ... www.openoffice.org (note: no vba) or a new upcoming app.. http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric -- firefyt ----------------------------------------------------------------------- firefy...

is it possible to convert excel workbook into a standalone applic.
my business uses a spreadsheet for all its pricing would it be possible for us to convert this to a standalone product or import it as part of a complete business package in access ...

Convert XML Encoding
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C675B9.68147AD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a situation where I am receiving an XML document from a Korean = client. They have encoding=3D"EUC-KR" in the XML declaration. This XML = file will be placed into a SQL 2005 table with an XML datatype column. = I have found that the XML in SQL stores all data as UTF-16. Does anyone = know an easy way to programmatically convert my incoming XML into = UTF-16? I have to maintain the f...

Can you convert picture into Visio?
Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? It would depend on what format the picture was in. For most cases, this is not an easy task. John... Visio MVP "tbae" wrote: > Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? ...

Converting access tables to XML for use in .NET web app
I need to access tables in an .mdb file and convert them to XML for use in my ..NET 2.0 web application. Can anyone point me to any tutorials or references on how to accomplish this? (Note: I am using VB) Thanks! ...

Converting dBase III Plus *.prg file to Access query
Where can I find tips for converting an old dBase III Plus *.prg file into a query. I'm looking for info on translating dBase statements into Access query statements. I'll then paste translated staements into SQL view and be done. Thanks in advance for any help. Wayne Hi Wayne, You'd be better off rewriting prg programs in Access (i.e. escpecially those developed in dBaseIIIPlus). The whole programming philosophy is very different in dBaseIIIPlus: - dBaseIIIPlus is more record-by-record processing as opposed to a set oriented processing in Access. - the user interface is...

Need Help convert text to actual cell range reference address
hi all I have wrote up a function that returned text string "B1:B18". What function can I use so this text string can be used as an actual cell range reference? Specifically, I want to make =match(C1,[a function that returned "B1:B18"],false) work, so that match can see "B1:B18" as actual cell range B1:B18 On Jun 6, 9:02 am, liang.yu...@gmail.com wrote: > hi all > > I have wrote up a function that returned text string "B1:B18". What > function can I use so this text string can be used as an actual cell > range reference? > > Speci...

Can't convert from 97 to 2002
I have a group of databases that I need to convert from Access 97 to 2002. They are all linked through one main database (it is a job tracking system). I had no problems converting the main database but when I do all the other ones (3 total) I get the following message: The Current User Account Doesn't have Permission to Convert or Enable this database. This message is followed by a whole list of parameters that I must comply with to convert or enable the database like - join the work group, have open/run permissions, read design etc. I know for a fact that all these things wo...

How do I convert numerical into words ?
Dear Sir, I am using Excel 2000. In the excel I want to conver my numeric total amount into words. Please help me. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q213360 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Kapil" <Kapil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB89B1A2-55A9-446A-AE37-D2D285E8ED35@microsoft.com... > Dear Sir, > > I am using Excel 2000. In the excel I want to conver my numeric total > amount > into words. Please help me. > See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email addr...

Font Substitution Does Not Convert Permanently
We have a standard set of fonts that are used in our WORD documents company wide. But some of our documents where created before we standardized and removed unwanted fonts from our machine. We are currently updating these documents to remove the unwanted fonts and fix any formating problems that occure. To do this we open the document in WORD and then open the Font Substitution dialog where the missing fonts are listed. We verify and correct if needed the substituted fonts WORD has selected and then click the Convert Permanently... button and WORD does the conversion and ...

Converting Hexadecimal number to floating point decimal number #2
Thanks McGimpsey, the hex number will appear in a single sell say A1 a like 0X00 0X0f 0X7b 0Xa1 0x39. What I need is to automatically conver this hex string into a decimal like 2.4e-5. That is automaticall stripping off the prefixes and convert each segment of the hex string Its not just taking a single hex number -- Fif ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fifi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1232 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27285 ...

Error while Converting Publisher 2003 to PDF
I am using Office 2003 (w/SP2 and all updates). When I attempt to convert a document to PDF using Adobe Elements 6.0 by right clicking on the file and selecting "convert to PDF" it starts converting but then I receive the following message: Publisher cannot continue printing because of an error. For more information, press F1. F1 shows no relevent information regarding this problem I am having. However, if I open the publication, choose File > Print > select Adobe PDF as the printer, check "Print to file" and save it as a postscript, I am then able to r...

How to programmatically convert a database
Hello all, I have a client that wants to upgrade from Access 97 to 2003 and they need to convert approx 5000 existing db's. Obviously this would be a real pain to do interactively so I'm trying to write a small utility to do automatically. I seem to have it running using the following statement to do the actual conversion : Dim objEngine As JRO.JetEngine Set objEngine = CreateObject("JRO.JetEngine") objEngine.CompactDatabase "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4. 0;Data Source=" & strSourceDB, _ "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=5;D...

Pasted fractions converted to dates
I'm trying to copy a table containing text, decimals and fractions from a word table into excel. How can i stop the fractions from becoming dates when pasted? ie. 1-5/8 becomes 1/5/2008 and 9/16 becomes 16-Sep. Its the hyphen that is causeing the trouble. A fraction in Excel has the form 1 5/8 with a space between the integer and the fractional parts Can you get rid of the hyphen in the Word doc? best wishes Bernard "Jon_C" <JonCCrouch@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1192110561.240426.147550@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > I'm trying to copy a table containin...

Converting numbers to date format from csv files
I have data submitted as csv files which i have saved as excel spreadsheets. Problem is the dates in the csv file are 20020105 etc, I need to convert these to date format in order for me to calculate between sets of dates. All I get is ###### (it's not a case of the column being too short). Tearing my hair out Hi Select the column and use Data / Text to Columns. One of the dialog box steps allows you to tell Excel that the value is a date - and how it is laid out. I think it's the third box in and it says something like Column Data Format in the top right corner. -- Andy. &q...

Convert Publisher files to PDF or PS for commercial printing? How?
I was interested in an exchange I just read here about converting publisher files to PDF or PS and then taking them to commercial printer. Is there anywhere in the manuals (or help files) that would shed a little more light on that? I do many brochures for various small clients and usually just print them at home using paper direct paper -- probably the MOST expensive, most labor-intensive way to go. But I have never really understood the concept of "pack and go" -- just as I've never really figured out how to use PS fonts on my cheapie HP home printer. Anybody who cou...

Need help converting a multi entity flat file into XML
I have a legacy system that outputs a billing file where each data element has a specific length. The billing file has multiple information 1. Customer billing information 2. Customer shipping information 3. Order information (#, date, totals etc...) 4. Order line items (item#, qty, unit price, line total) Up until item 3 - it is fixed length. Since an order can have one or more line items the overall length of the record will vary. The order line itself will be fixed size that may repeat itself I need help in figuring out how to transform this into XML. I have come across examples of ...

convert IIF statements
hi, I am trying to convert IiF statement to query statement. Probably the CASE statement... here is what i have... if [TP] = '2' then 'FH' elseif [TP] = '3' then 'FH' elseif [INV]=55555 then 'FH' else 'NHF' end GS = if [grp] = 'FN' then 'FN' elseif [grp]='FNREM' then 'FN' elseif [grp]='FNREMSL' then 'FN' elseif [grp]='LLL' then 'LLL' else 'Non GS' end Final FH (FH or NHF) iif([FH]='FH',iif([INV]<>55555,iif([HS]='SSS','FH...

Multiple Convert Lead...
Can I convert multiple leads at once, instead of doing them one at a time? no - only one at a time. The wizard requires that you make some selections before conversion ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "StingRayYellow" <StingRayYellow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FE558A4-699D-4F5F-8E52-D78A167DE459@microsoft.com... > Can I convert multiple leads at once, instead of doing them one at a time? Thank you for the clarification. ...

converting publisher files
I developed a brochure in Publisher. I sent it to a friend for her input and constructive criticism. She could not open it with any of her programs and ask me "if I could save it as any one of the following: image file, jpeg, tiff, Word, text file, web file, Frontage or Adobe Pagemaker"? I tried Word and text but neither worked when I opened them. The brochure was developed using Publisher 97 and I have both Word 97 and 2000 on Windows XP. How can I get this to work? Thanks Publisher Problems refer to http://www.mvps.org/publisher/sharing.html -- David Bartosik - ...

Convert weekly to monthly data
Hi, I have such question: My data is on weekly base in columns like this: date smth. ..... ... 27.08.02 471059 20.08.02 452789 13.08.02 465509 06.08.02 420657 30.07.02 430325 23.07.02 446067 16.07.02 486180 09.07.02 452964 .... ... And I want to organize it monthly on average. Could anyone help me with advise? Thanks, Svilen Hi Svilen Create a Pivot table. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm Use "date" as row source and "smth" as data source. Rightclick the Date table header, choose the "group" menu, group by month. HTH. B...