Converting txt file to Excel

I have a text file imported into Excel that is setup as
follows:

Account Number    Account Registration    Payee Information
001511xxxxxx      John Doe                 US Bank
                  123 First Street         100 Powell Ave
                  Las Vegas, NV 00000      Las Vegas, NV

001512xxxxxx      Jane Doe                 US Bank
                  124 First Street         100 Powell Ave
                  Las Vegas, NV 00000      Las Vegas, NV

And this report can have up to 400 accounts.  Is there a
way to related the Account Registration and Payee
Information to the Account Number, which would include the
entire address?  Right now it will only relate the first
row and not the 2-3 rows after it.

Any help would be appreciated.
0
anonymous (74722)

What do you mean by "relate"???

"Shawn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a text file imported into Excel that is setup as
> follows:
>
> Account Number    Account Registration    Payee Information
> 001511xxxxxx      John Doe                 US Bank
>                   123 First Street         100 Powell Ave
>                   Las Vegas, NV 00000      Las Vegas, NV
>
> 001512xxxxxx      Jane Doe                 US Bank
>                   124 First Street         100 Powell Ave
>                   Las Vegas, NV 00000      Las Vegas, NV
>
> And this report can have up to 400 accounts.  Is there a
> way to related the Account Registration and Payee
> Information to the Account Number, which would include the
> entire address?  Right now it will only relate the first
> row and not the 2-3 rows after it.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Is there a way when trying to sort that the sorting will
keep the entire address together with the first line?  So
that when I sort by Account Number it would include the
entire address for Account Registration and Payee
Information for that specific account number.

0
anonymous (74722)
5/13/2004 5:29:04 PM
Not that I'm aware of, or more accurately, not without getting ridiculously
involved. This type of data is better dealt with using a database such as
Access or Paradox.

> Is there a way when trying to sort that the sorting will
> keep the entire address together with the first line?  So
> that when I sort by Account Number it would include the
> entire address for Account Registration and Payee
> Information for that specific account number.

Strange Excel Problem.....
Hi there, We are facing one very strange excel problem in our organization.We have purchased new IBM thinkcenter 851 desktops for our Managers.We have installed Windows 2000 professional as operating system and Office 97 as office in that pcs.Now we are facing one very strange problem....Normally when you click on "New" shortcut( I mean right click anywhere and select "new" option),you will find "Microsoft Excel Worksheet" as shortcut listed in that option and when you select it new excel worksheet will be opened.But here,whenever i click on "new"...

Excel remembers! How?
I type in "FRENCH"(no quatos) in cell A1 The I type in ENGLISH in cell b1 When I get back to cell a2 and type in the letter F the etxt is completed and it says FRENCH How does this happen/what is it called/how do you turn it OFF Thanks for the help Ian, It is called "AutoCompletion". To turn it off, go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the Edit tab. There, uncheck the "Enable AutoComplete for cell values" options. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "ian&qu...

convert Date formate (windows default) to Arabic
Dear all, any one have an idea about how i can convert the Date from gorgian Date formate (windows default) to Arabic Um AL Qura format (Hijiri) ? -- MBS Developer Abdelrahman Nabil ...

Global Footers in Excel
Does anyone know how to take an Excel workbook that has multiple worksheets and create a footer (say one that lists the page number, the tab name, and the file name), and make that footer a "global footer" such that I don't have to set the footer for some 10 to 20 worksheets when they're practically identical? Thanks. DTP David Right-click on one worksheet tab and "select all sheets". Set up your footer on the active sheet and these settings will be replicated on all sheets. DO NOT FORGET to right-click and "ungroup sheets" when done. What you ...

Email file location
Can anyone tell me the actual file location of the email received in Microsoft Outlook? As i have to recover the system and thus i would like to backup the email. Would there any problem? Search for pst-files. Make sure you include hidden files/folders. Then connect to it by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... The default location is; C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Outlook -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----...

Excel Jululian 04-28-10
Good morning please help can i create an index sheet for all my excels files (XLS) regrads yes george, if thats what you want to do. RegMigrant "George A. Jululian" wrote: > Good morning > > please help > > can i create an index sheet for all my excels files (XLS) > > regrads oh, go on then two ways - build an excel macro what gets the information from windows so can (kind of) keep itself up to date. I am guessing you have no macro background so i offer the much cheaper way:- got to Start, run type "cmd" wi...

Cursor highlights the wrong rows in excel?
I find that I have to select 3 rows above the row I want to highlight in excel. This carries forward when selecting multiple rows. My mouse is always about 3 lines above the cells being acted upon. ...

excel 2007 installation
Hello: I used to have Excel XP and I install Excel 2007. Problem: I want to ger rid of the personalized features I have in XP and install Excell 2077 with the default parameters as it come from the manufacturer. Please help. Elitor Did you try just uninstalling the Excel XP version first? If so, did that not help? I've not tried this so I'd like to know! "Elitor" <Elitor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C1B1E5E-0EAA-42EB-8CC2-5A228ADF8578@microsoft.com... > Hello: > I used to have Excel XP and I install Excel 2007. > Problem: I want to ...

Excel Caused Error in VBE6.dll. Excel will Close
When trying to open Excel 2000 (Office Professional) / Windows ME the above message appeared and Excel would not open. Renaming the VBE6.DLL file and then repair and then reinstal Office did not work as the original dated VBE6.DLL file reappeared Has anyone had the sme problem? If so did you find a workable solution? ... and what was it? ...

How do I copy a chart made in Excel to Powerpoint?
I have created a number of charts in Excel that I need to export to Powerpoint for a presentation. I also want to turn each graph into a jpeg or pdf file for publication. How do I do this? For sharing charts in Office 2003 or earlier: Using Excel with Other Office Applications http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html Office 2007 throws some wrenches into the gears. To export charts as image files: Enhanced Export Chart Procedurehttp://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/06/09/enhanced-export-chart-procedure/ Use PDF or GIF, which are optimized for line art, not JPG, which is optimized fo...

Excel 2007 Chart SeriesCollection(1).Interior.ColorIndex
I thought I had posted this already, but can't find it. Sorry if it's a duplicate. I have the following code that was written in Excel 2003. Every time I run it in Excel 2007 it crashes. I can't find anything about changing the colors of a series in an Excel 2007 chart. Also, when I try to record a macro to change the chart colors to gain insight, nothing gets written to the macro regarding the color change. Help! Sheets("Chart1").SeriesCollection(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 5 ...

excel spreadsheet 2003 wont show content when moved to another par
i have backed all documents which included excel spreadsheets from c drive to d drive (ANOTHER PARTITION). Now i cannot see the content of the spreadsheet when i access it from the D drive or C drive. what have i done to it? It also wont open when itry to access it from backed up USB stick. Thanks Chris I had a similar issue with some files. What happened was that somehow the windows for the files got minimized or dragged out of view somehow (not sure how this happened). Users would open a file and see nothing. This fixed it for me. Goto the Window item on toolbar, S...

How can I draw a Parabola in Excel? like y = x^2 + 3
In a1:a10 enter numbers such as 1,2,3.... In b1 type =a1^2+3 copy this down to B10 select a1:b10; click chart wizard; select XY chart done now play with values in A to get what you need best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F72AB641-F882-4DAD-B0C3-322297A124FC@microsoft.com... > ...

EXE file distribution issue
Hi: I am about to start distributing some software as an attachment to e-mails. All the recipients are happy with his arrangement, but we have run into a snag. For 99% of us OUTLOOK is set to maximum protection, and we don't want to change it. Unfortunately the Setup software I am using creates an EXE file, and outlook wont let any of the recipients even look at it much less open it!. Is there some way that recipients can override the inabilty to open an exe file on an exception basis? Can one create a script to make this easy for them? For example if the exe comes from a specific sourc...

Word/Outlook convert content to a table when forwarding msgs
How do I prevent Word/Outlook from converting the content of a forwarded message to a table (actually, a bunch of nested tables) when I forward a message? Outlook/Word doesn't do this. Apparently the original message was already formatted this way. If you are convince that is not the case (look at the HTML source of the received message), then you'll have to provide some configuration details for us to work with and steps to reproduce. Also, does this happen to all messages or just this one? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outloo...

Pie Chart (excel 2003)
How do I hide the 0% of the pie chart so that they only show the relevant %? If you mean on the pie then double click the data labels and choose the Number tab, choose Custom and enter the following code on the Type line on the right: 0%;[=0]""; -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Xueling" wrote: > How do I hide the 0% of the pie chart so that they only show the relevant %? Thanks! It does look better. But is there a way to not show the data lable of those 0% as well? "ShaneDevenshire" wrote: > If you mean on the pie then double click the data labels ...

How can a set an alarm in Excel?
I don't know if this is possible, but I figured I would ask: I have a spreadsheet that I work with that shows the schedules of my students; each different place my student goes has its own row, so a student may have many rows if they have many activities. currently, i auto filter the day column to the current day so i can see what students have activities on that day, and when/where they are. i was wondering if i could set an alarm on the column labeled 'start time' that would pop a window up when any value in that cell matched the system time... is this possible?? thanks, -...

Excel 2007 sorting problem
In Excel 2007, every time I change ranges, and even sometimes when I move away from a range and then come back to an old range, I have to re-enter the sort parameters every time. In Excel 2003, and for some versions before, if I sorted a selected range (say A4:Q54) by Col A Asc, Col G Asc, and Col C Desc then Excel would remember the sort parameters so that if I changed ranges to say A60:Q100 it would keep those same parameters loaded and I could just simply sort my data without having to re-enter the sort parameters all over again. Please direct me to where I can get some help on this issue...

Graphic features of EXCEL..........
Hi, I want to display the table data on Pivot GRAPH from two different sheets. How should we do that? Any advice will be great. Bill ...

Excel text to Word text
How can I copy Excel text, then paste it into MS Word without carrying over the grid lines? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Ed English I don't believe you can copy and paste without the gridlines. However, in Word, select the data and Table>Convert>Table to Text. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Ed" <ee15803@att.net> wrote in message news:3f7e21e9.53324199@netnews.worldnet.att.net... > How can I copy Excel text, then paste it into MS Word without carrying > over the grid lines? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks &g...

saving excel file with it's add in
Hi, I have an Excel file that uses a formula from an add in installed in m computer (*.xla). How can I save the project including the add in in order to use it i another computer that doesn't have the add in. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you really mean that your workbook uses a function that's in the addin? If yes, I think you have two choices. #1. Take the addin with you (and install it on the other pc). #2. Extract the code/procedure for that function from the addin and put it in your workbook. (If the addin's project is protected, then thi...

How to convert Null values to zero when create an average query
This is my crosstab query Items Worked April 2010 March 2010 Average Reports 2 4 3 Tables 5 5 Files 2 2 2 As you can see, for "Tables" the query is giving me an average of "5" instead "2.5" because is not counting the null value date. How can I fix that? the SQL query so far is this: TRANSFORM Avg([Integrate Query].T...

Convert Incoming Plain Text to HTML
Is there a way to have Outlook (2003) automatically convert incoming Plain Text messages to HTML without manually changing the formatting option? Thanks in advance, Jody As far as I know, no. You can go from HTML to Plain Text but not the other way. "J. Owens" wrote: > Is there a way to have Outlook (2003) automatically convert incoming Plain > Text messages to HTML without manually changing the formatting option? ...

convert hours into minutes
I searched and found a question just like mine but the answer did not work for me. here is waht I have: A1 21:05 A2 22:10 A3 =A2-A1 result 1:05 I want to convert the 1 hout and 5 minutes to 65 minutes. Thank you. Change the format of the cell with the formula in it to [m]. You can do this by going to Format | Cells | Number. Choose Custom and type [m] in the line provided -- tj "Tony" wrote: > I searched and found a question just like mine but the answer did not work > for me. > here is waht I have: A1 21:05 A2 22:10 A3 =A2-A1 result 1:05 I want to > c...

Excel Table to Individual product list and spend
Hi, Basically I have an Excel data table and I have a Product name drop down list. I want to create a formula or macro so when a Product is selected, it would output the list of companies and their spend with the product. Below is a sample but the real spreadsheet has thousands of vendor names and spend for each product and there are probably ten product names altogether. Company Product1 Product2 Product3 Product4 Total ABC 7,009 8,000 15,009 Key 805,036 805,036 PC 56,016 57,470 568 114,054 Water 3,090 651 298,250 301,991 Total 66,115 863,157 306,818 -...