Converting to PDF: Hyperlinks

I've noticed that when I convert my spreadsheet (whose cells contai
hyperlinks) to PDF using Acrobat Pro 6.0, the PDF will not retain thos
hyperlinks.  However, links attached to images on the spreadsheet see
to be there.   Is there a way to get all my links working properly?

Thanks in advance

Just tried this and if I try to print to Acrobat using either th
Acrobat Distiller or PDFWriter the link doesn't work but if I use th
'Convert to Adobe PDF' button on the Excel toolbar it works.

I'm using Acrobat 5 so I would imagine the same applies to v6

Lukin:

I would think it would apply to v6 as well, but I'm using that toolba
button in Excel, and it doesn't seem to be working like it should. :(

I'll give Distiller and PDF Writer a whirl, who knows.

Thank yo

In Excel, try choosing *Change Conversion Settings* from the *Acrobat
menu, then ticking the *Embed Tags in PDF* option on the *Office* tab.
Make sure the *Convert Internet Links* option is also ticked and the
convert the sheet using the toolbar button

Converting special characters
Is it possible to get the sum of cells using numbers entered in feet? I other words...I need to calculate a sum using numbers with the ' & symbol next to the number indicating feet & inches. Is there a special way to do this, or do I need to convert the data t whole numbers? Thank you in advance. : -- calimar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- calimari's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2453 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39022 Assuming you don't have ...

word docs converted to Winmail.dat
Ok I have been doing some searching and seen that this is a big issue. I am the system admin in our company and have done the setup on all the systems. We are all using Outlook 2000. All are setup as Internet Mail. One system is setup as Corporate and that one is having problems sending emails. Every word document they send is being changed to winmail.dat. I looked at the formatting and it was not set as Outlook Rich Text it was set to HTML. Conversly I have tried to create the problem on my system by using the Rich Text Formnatting and all my mail is sent and received properly. Clearly the fo...

Retrieve an External File, pdf, txt, jpeg... etc
I have a generic folder (c:/database/folder/)with a many different files that need to be referenced on a regular basis. The worst part is finding the file that is needed. What I am trying to do is to have the user add on a form the name of the file with the extension (such as .pdf, .doc, .txt, .jpg) where such information is stored. So lets say as an example that we want to retrieve the file name adobe.pdf. Using a form, how can I have a pull the exact file? Again, all files are stored in the same folder and path. Thanks in advanced!! Use the 'standard Windows Fil...

Convert old PPT file
My company recently upgrade the office 2003 to office 2007. It works well for most of the users except one. He had thousands of old powerpoint slides which created around year 1996,1997. By using right click to check the file properties, it shows the the application name is 'Microsoft Powerpoint 4.0' .These file can be opened by powerpoint 2003 but can not being opened by powerpoint 2007. Does anyone have idea how I can bulk convert those files to powerpoint 2003 format? Thanks James Steve has a macro here http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00740.htm -- john ATSIGN PPTAl...

Nitro PDF maker
We are installing Microsoft Great Plains 8.0, and it is possible to email directly out of Great Plains with Acrobat- this is from the Great Plains "Help" file: "If you have the PDFWriter printer driver installed (included with Acrobat 5 and earlier), or Acrobat Distiller from Acrobat 6 or later, you can also mail the report as a PDF (Portable Document Format) attachment." I have Nitro PDF maker, and prefer it, but Great Plains doesn't seem to recognize Nitro as a PDF creator. Anybody had any experience and is there a way to get Great Plains to recognize Nitro? ...

Converting Access 2000 back to Access 97
Hi Could someone give me some instructions on the above as I need to send them to someone who runs 2000 and I dont have access to the help guide on 2000. Thanks Edgar If I remember correctly, Access 2000 has a Tools | Database ... | Convert | Convert to previous version feature. -- Good luck Jeff Boyce <Access MVP> "Edgar Thoemmes" <EdgarThoemmes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC2369C1-9310-4929-8CF0-90A137FC0A8B@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Could someone give me some instructions on the above as I need to send them > to someone who run...

What version of Excel converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets?
I had a 30-day trial version of Microsoft Office (which I do not know what version it was) and purchased the Student 2003 Office which no longer converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets to the Excel spreadsheet. I'd like to upgrade and do not know which one to purchase. Roberta I don't know if the S&T sku for Excel limits the files to open, but in XL2003 (part of Office 2003 Pro) there is a Lotus 1-2-3 option under File>Open...>Files of type drop-down>Lotus 1-2-3 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS www.ni...

Setting browser to respond to hyperlinks in e-mails?
Is there a setting to select the browser that opens when a hyperlink is clicked on in an e-mail or does it default to the "default browser" in Win XP? My problem is that when I click on a hyperlink both Firefox and IE(ver:7) open that link. TIA "Pegleg" <Pegleg@usnavyret.mil> wrote in message news:e9v0c396q9k64smer9fptjj4omtmm2m31t@4ax.com... > Is there a setting to select the browser that opens when a hyperlink is > clicked on in an e-mail or does it default to the "default browser" in > Win XP? > > My problem is that when I click on a hy...

Editing pdf invoices
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I'd appreciate any advice for this problem. I have Adobe Pro 9, however, I have very rudimentary knowledge of how to operate it. My problem is this: My bookkeeper, who handles all of the invoicing for my business, has started to charge me for every "friendly reminder" or "Third Notice, Please Remit" that I have to send to clients. Basically, she just, somehow, adds a red square at the top right corner of the invoices, stating Reminder, or Please Remit, and the dates of the current and previous invoices. Because...

hyperlink with vlookup
=HYPERLINK[=vlookup(a2;CARATULAS!$A$4:$D$146;4;0)] I´ve got to create an hyperlink that (according to a value in the same row) takes me to the same value in another worksheet. Please help me!- Thanks One play which could do this .. Link to a sample file at: http://www.savefile.com/files/6398176 File: AutoHyperlink_Mariano922_wksht.xls Assume you have this set-up In Sheet1, cols A & B, data from row2 down ------------ Prod# UnitPrice 1111 10 1112 20 1113 30 1114 40 1115 50 etc In CARATULAS -------- Prod# are listed in col A & BulkPrice in col D (col D is the lookup col), wi...

Text Manipulation from PDF
Hi Really weird problem I have with a report generated by a application at work. I run off a monthly report of products completed by employees. It shows the following info in a pdf report User ID No of Products Date Sub Date Last Sub Last Date Sub Smith_0001 5 01/01/2006 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 Brown_0002 8 02/01/2006 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 Etc but it lists about 300 staff when I copy it and paste it int...

How do I convert eml extensions for use in forum
I have big problem with things I want to share in a forum I belong to. Often what comes to my email is eml or like today, a picture with bmp extension, I can't use these on the forum and for the life of me cannot figure out how to change them! I could really use some easy to understand instructions! thanks so much! On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:46:11 -0800, TM <TM@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:>I have big problem with things I want to share in a forum I belong to. >Often what comes to my email is eml or like today, a picture with bmp >extension, I can't use these on the fo...

top urgent hyperlink paths
my excel sheet is a huge one and I have a column that has a disply of the hyperlink of all the cells I mean any cell linked with a path by hyperlink to the ceartain folder as this \\servername\sharename\directory1\directory1 \filename.pdf now what hapen is that the repeating of directory1 was happend and now all the links to files are not correct as tha previous one . the correct path is \\servername\sharename\directory1 \filename.pdf now is there any way to delete the folder directory1 from the path to all the cells which are a big number without editing evreyone each . second is there any...

converting checkboxes to a text value
I have an existing database that employs checkboxes. I'd like to create a report that displays those boxes as "yes/no" text values, so that I can export them to an .rtf format, and have them actually show up. I'm a novice, so any help is greatly appreciated. The purpose of this is to be able to email specific pages of the report. I'm also open to other ideas for making this possible, if I'm going about this the wrong way. Thanks in advance. Charitycase wrote: > I have an existing database that employs checkboxes. I'd like to > create a report that...

converting hand drawn sketches into Visio Cross Functional Horizon
Hi , I am new to Visio 2003 . Can anybody tell me how can one convert hand drawn sketches into Visio Cross Functional Horizontal diagrams? Thanks Harsha Are you asking about a way to scan images into Visio and transform them into drawings? Or are you asking how to assemble a Cross Functional diagram? To make a Cross Functional diagram, you first choose how many bands to create. Then you click on the headings for the bands to change the text to the names you want. Switch to the Basic Flowchart shapes in the Shapes Window and drag out the Process shapes to create the steps in you...

New Mac convert
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel In Excel on my old PC the command Alt + return would force a hard return within a cell in order to enter multiple lines within one cell. How can I do this with Excel for Mac? On 09/05/2010 05:07, Axeman@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel In Excel on my old PC the command Alt + return would force a hard > return within a cell in order to enter multiple lines within one cell. > How can I do this with Excel for Mac? Hi, t...

Hyperlink control
Is it possible to have a control hyperlink to open a specific worksheet in an excell file. I tried adding #'wksName' to the hyperlink properties but that gave me an invalid reference error opening excel. ...

Spending Tracker Problem with converted file in 2007
Hello, I've converted my 2006 file to 2007 and now the Spending Tracker only tracks category spending from one account. More specifically my checking account adds to the category spending but none of my credit card spending is included in the Spending Tracker totals. I searched through the settings, tried new transactions in the existing accounts - no luck. What does work: - I created a new file, added two accounts, checking and credit card, added dummy transactions to both accounts and the Spending Tracker reflects transactions from both accounts. - I created a new account ...

hyperlinking a cell in many sheets
I selected many sheets and click a cell then tried to delete hyperlink. But it is executed. Are there some limitations for actions on many sheets (Performing an action on many sheets has a good name, but I forget it) TIA, Rasoul Khoshravan First RIGHT-click the link and select Remove Hyperlink from the popup. Then clear the text if you desire. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200715 "Yabi" wrote: > I selected many sheets and click a cell then tried to delete > hyperlink. But it is executed. > Are there some limitations for actions on many sheets (Performing an > act...

How do you turn Hyperlink on if it's greyed out?
I have a workbook in which I have created many hyperlinks. All of the sudden the hyperlink key is greyed out and I cant hyperlink anymore. How can I turn it back on. Thank You Is the sheet protected? Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Dan" wrote: > I have a workbook in which I have created many hyperlinks. All of the sudden > the hyperlink key is greyed out and I cant hyperlink anymore. How can I turn > it back on. > > Thank You ...

PDF toolbar in Excell 2000
How can I get rid of this dam thing. If you delete it in the toolbar menu, it respawns itself when you restart Excel. It is sooooooo annonying!!!! Hi goto 'Tools - Addins' and uncheck the Adobe Acrobat toolbar (or something similar named. e.g. 'PDF...') -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rowf" <Rowf@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:DF1E940D-60D8-42EB-99CC-F565C53A18A2@microsoft.com... > How can I get rid of this dam thing. If you delete it in the toolbar menu, > it respawns itself when you restart Excel. > It is soo...

OWA can't hyperlink
Hello: Using Outlook Web Access (to a Win 2003 Exchange server), anytime a user clicks on a hyperlink in an email the server tries to redirect them to an internal page. For example if the hyperlink was to http://www.FOO.COM then the server would send them to: http://mail.acme.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.FOO.COM/ and prompt them with a login request. Anyidea how to fix this? Thanks. Set proper permissions on redir.asp Paul <no@spam4me.com> wrote in message news:ri3940tltfcq02trkc862shehn50oaiul0@4ax.com... > Hello: > > Using Outlook Web Access (to a...

Hyperlinks with hidden worksheets
Good afternoon all, I have a workbook containing several worksheets. I have included an Introduction Worksheet with Hyperlinks to each sheet. However, I would like to be able to have the worksheets hidden (or very hidden), except the Introduction sheet, until the Hyperlink is clicked, then that sheet is activated, and when exited (by command button), this sheet becomes hidden again, and returns the user to the Introduction sheet. I hope I have expalained this well enough. I have some knowledge of VBA,( I have already set up the Command Buttons on the worksheets). Any help on this matter wou...

Converting Access 2000 to 97
I'm trying to convert an Access 2000 file into 97 and keep getting an invalid field type error. This is probably a rookie error, but I've looked to a couple of other resources and can't find the answer. Any hints as to where the error is at? Thanks, ew Do you have any Decimal fields in your database? That data type didn't exist in Access 97. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:003201c48acf$73f33ac0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying...

Converting back to Access 2003
I want to convert a Access 2007 database to Access 2003 file type (mdb). I get an error message saying I need permission to do this. Where do I change permissions? Ed ...