Converting Text to Number in 2000

I have a spreadsheet that has a sum formula at the end of a column.  Th
problem is that the last 7 or 8 values being summed seem to be text.
However, if you go to format cells they show up as numbers.  In Offic
XP you can simply click on the Green arrow in the upper left han
corner and select convert to number.  This fixes the problem and all i
well.  In 2000 this function is not available.  Is there a way t
convert these values without having to retype all the values in?

Thanks Bdun

Select the cells.
Give them a number format.
Data/text to columns/finish

Picts in text
When I receive picture or other e-mail from a friend it occasionally arrives as a "txt" file. Not all the time... Occasionally also, if he sends me a series of, say 5 or 6 picts I have just a box with the red x, but as I sroll farther down the page the pictures are present. thanks in advance, jem what email client does he use? the problem could be on his end or yours. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginn...

How to repalce numbers after a decimal
Lets say I have a column of numbers, that looks like this: 10.242 11.817 12.915 14.805 and I want it to look like this: 10.95 11.95 12.95 14.95 What function could be used to accomplish this? Format->Cells->Number tab->Click 'Custom', and enter this: 0.95 -- Regards, Dave "dpscoupe" wrote: > Lets say I have a column of numbers, that looks like this: > > 10.242 > 11.817 > 12.915 > 14.805 > > and I want it to look like this: > > 10.95 > 11.95 > 12.95 > 14.95 > > What function could be used to accomplish thi...

Excel 2000 tries to open unrecognizable file on startup
Hi, For the last couple of weeks, when I first open Excel I get a Microsoft Excel Error pop-up window that says "This file is not in a recognizable format....". I am uncertain what file it is trying to open, but when I click "cancel" it opens books1.xls. Which I usually ignore and go into "open file" and pick my excel file. Any idea what is going on? Win98 Excel 2000 -- Thanks - Jeff Jeff I suspect one of two things 1) Excel opens all files in it xlStart folder. Search for this and remove anything without an .xls, xlt extension 2) If you go to Tools&g...

outlook 2000 embedded pictures
I am running XP with IE7. When I send an email with embedded pictures Outlook or something? removes the pictures and replaces them with a RED X in the box. The removed pictures go as attachments. any thoughts???? What version of Office Outlook? "hairbychemo" <MJKEELEYJR@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:1J0Ih.124148$5j1.117122@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... >I am running XP with IE7. > When I send an email with embedded pictures Outlook or something? removes > the pictures and replaces them with a RED X in the box. The removed > pictures go as ...

Locking down relaying in Exchange 2000
Hello All, I have searched this newsgroup for recommendations for shutting down the open relay capabilities in Exchange Server 2000. I ran the relay test from a site recommended in a previous post in this group: http://msv.dk/ This test ran and the following are the failures listed from the test. Note: The Ip address, Servername, and domain name have been changed to protect the ignorant (me). Can anyone explain how each of these failures were caused, and even more importantly, how to block them, if, in fact, they are true failures? At the time of this test, the test did not check for ful...

multiple text edit
Hi all, I'm a beginner when it comes to Visio. I’m using Visio 2007 and I’m wondering if the following is possible. What I want to be able to do is to change the text in a number of textboxes by just editing one of them - that is, when I change the text in one textbox, the three other textboxes will display what I’ve just written automatically. Can this be done? Thanks in advance. the answer is "kinda". You can coordinate text between shapes so that changing a specific shape will be mirrored to others. It's a one to many, you don't get the option of changing anyo...

convert COleSafeArray to SAFEARRAY*
I have a function which takes a SAFEARRAY* as parameter. I have my data stored in a COleSafeArray and need to convert it a SAFEARRAY. Has anyone got any ideas how i can acheive this? Andy AS wrote: > I have a function which takes a SAFEARRAY* as parameter. I have my data > stored in a COleSafeArray and need to convert it a SAFEARRAY. > > Has anyone got any ideas how i can acheive this? > Andy LPCVARAINT pcVariant = (LPCVARIANT)myCOleSafeArray; SAFEARRAY *pArray = pcVariant->parray; Check the MFC source code for things like COleSafeArray::operator== etc. ...

Mirror a number
I am trying to mirror a number in a cell. For example, I want the product of 10 * 5 to equal 05 or at least be able to take a number like 1234 and change it to 4321 automatically. Please help me! Hi Steve try the following UDF (not much checking, etc. included): Function mirror(in_value) As Double Dim c Dim ret For c = Len(CStr(in_value)) To 1 Step -1 ret = ret & Mid(CStr(in_value), c, 1) Next mirror = CDbl(ret) End Function Use it like the following in your worksheet: =mirror(12345) or =mirror(A1) Note: mirror(5*10) would return '5' as the leading '0' is skipped ...

Outlook 2000 Tracking Tab
I don't have tracking tabs. I can't find any online help. It tells me were the tab should be, but when I pull up the sent email, no tabs at all. I do have receipts requested, thus I think I should have tracking. Would appreciate anyones help. Thanks. ...

how to produce a csv file from a unicode-saved text file
Friends, I have an excel spreadsheet (version 2000) that has Japanese characters. I would like to save it as unicode text file so that I can FTP it to my unix box for loading into an Oracle database. When I save the file as unicode text, it properly preserves the characters, but using whitespace as the delimiters. I would like to change this to a csv, but when I save as the file as CSV, the Japanese characters turn into set of ?? symbols. Is there any way around to create the unicode text file with delimiters other than whitespace? Thanks for any ideas. - Sal ...

Convert number pad decimal to comma decimal separator
Hi, One of our european users has asked if we could add a feature to our app that would interpret a number pad decimal keystroke as a comma decimal separator. Whilst I could subclass the various number entry controls, dialog, grid, currency, plain number ect, I was hopeful that a application wide method could be found, utilising WM_KEYUP / WM_KEYDOWN. I have looked at using ProcessMessageFilter, but not had much success. Does anyone know how this may be acheived? Many thanks, Mike Stoodsmj wrote: > One of our european users has asked if we could add a feature to our > app that w...

Excel 2000: Regional date problem
We'e just upgraded from Excel 97 to 2000 and are having problems because dates in spreadsheets are showing in US (mm/dd/yy) format rather than in European (dd/mm/yy). This si true whether I use a standard date format or make a custom format. I've checked the regional settings in Windows 2000, and they are correct. I thought Excel picked up the default from here. Any other ideas where I might look? Thanks in advance Alan I wasn't able to duplicate your problem, Alan. I switched to UK settings through Regional Settings. Then I opened Excel 97 and entered =NOW() in two ce...

convert time into decimal #2
=IF(E44="","X",E40-E44) the formula above where E40 is the time now, and E44 is the time of 2 hours ago. I want to return 2 instead of 2:00 PM. How do I do this? I do this but it does not work (E40-E44)*24. ...

Exchange 2000 not sending email
FYI Windows 2000 Server 5.00.2195 Service Pack 3 (Fresh install) Exchange 5.5 (Fresh Install) Exchange Enterprise Server 2000 (upgrade version) Note : Exchange 5.5 was installed and immediately upgraded to 2000. It was not configured etc. Cannot send emails ... internal users can send/receive to/from each other .. emails can be retrieved from net ... users cannot send out. Some other info. Queues hold messages and never go .. always come back approx 48hrs later failure ... All queues based on remote delivery never "GO" Always bounced back ISP says the mx records 'look good...

My Microsoft office will not convert to the full product,
I go to convert it, and enter my product key, then click install, and it says shut down all 2007 office products, so i do and go back in to activate, and it just says to convert again. ...

Dates as text
using a formula, I am combining a column heading and the date in that row, so that the cell will read "Column Heading Date", but the date is showing as a number rather than a date. I want the cell to contain both txt (column heading), and a date. How do I format it to do so? assuming your date is in cell A1: ="heading text "&DAY(A1)&"/"&MONTH(A1)&"/"&YEAR(A1) -- hope to help, cm "lightbulb" wrote: > using a formula, I am combining a column heading and the date in that row, so > that the ce...

Can not see my text when I try to edit the text box.
I have Visio for Enterprise Architects SP-2. I tried to edit the text box created by the previous visio versions using pointer or A mode. When I double-click the text or select the text, they are blue. When I enter into the text, I can not see the text that I suppose to edit. I have the same software on the laptop where I do not have the problem. How can I set the option so that I could see the text that I need to edit? Usually the background color contrasts with the text color to make it visible, but in some cases the background color and the text color match or are very similar. I...

row numbers & column letters
How do I print the row numbers but not the column letters? Hi AFAIK you can't do this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ALOlson21 wrote: > How do I print the row numbers but not the column letters? Hi AFAIK, I would just move your data over and in the A column use the formula -- =row() That will put the row number in the cell. Then you can copy and paste that formula down your sheet, and if you want put a border around those cells to dress it up a little. Does that help? "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > AFAIK you can't do this > > -- > Re...

How to change the text of a menu item dynamically?
Hi to all, I created a dialog-based project with Visual C++ 6.0 and added to the dialog a menu. This menu is the following: File Help Sound On About Exit Everything is working fine so far. What I want to do, is change the text of the menu item "Sound On" to "Sound Off" every time the user clicks on it. I am using the CCmdUI* pCmdUI of the ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler to do it as follows: void CMyDlg::OnUpdateFileSound(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { TRACE("OnUpdate\n"); pCmdUI->SetText(m_bSound ? "Sound On" : "Sound Of...

Error when printing account numbers
Using Dyamics 9, whenever we try to print something out of Dynamics the account numbers don't print correctly. The numbers aren't what they should be and it prints squares instead of some numbers. For example, instead of printing 10-13400-000-0000 it prints 10-400X0- X0- (with squares in place of X's). This occurs anywhere we try to print within Dynamics, but doesn't occur when we use Frx to create reports. Additionally not every computer has this problem, but we can't find any difference between the computers that would cause this. Check the fonts assigned on ...

HELP!! Repeating Text over multiple Pages
I created a template containing a title, picture, map, and text box. The text box in particular contains information pertaining to a specific location. I created a 131 individual files using that template and everything came out looking great (thanks Microsoft). I had to create 131 individuals files because we needed to have it backed up for our server at work. The problem I am having now is when I attempted to combine each of 131 files by copying and pasting them into 1 publisher file containing 131 pages. The title, picture and map all preserve their own information. HOWEVER, the in...

How to change current pst location in MS Office 2000
How to change current pst location in MS Office 2000? By default it is in User's Profile outlook folder. How to locate it in other folderin MS Office 2000 Move the file when Outlook is closed. The next time you start Outlook it will ask you for the new location. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "MhaskarPrashant" <MhaskarPrashant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BED9E25A-BA0D-4583-BEE2-507C9DF2D8AB@microsoft.com...

How do you send data to the same row of a text file everytime?
All, How do I output to the same position in a Text file everytime? I want to output data for a given Date so I'd like to put it in the same row for that Date everytime, and so overwrite the existing data in that row? I use the following command: Write #10, dateline, variable1, variable2, variable3 'where dateline is today's date in excel date code. I drop into the file at the row corresponding to last week's date e.g. row 40010. Write #10, dateline+1, variable1, variable2, variable3 'where dateline +1 is tomorrow's date in excel date code. I drop...

Help! w/ Outlook 2000
Outlook will not save my password even though the box is checked and the password is in there it asks for it everytime I send/receive Please help If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP3 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Nicole <anonymous@...

How to vertically center text within a table cell?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have created a simple table in WORD and have begun to populate it with data. As I type, the data appears at the top of the cell. When I highlight the cell and choose TABLE --> TABLE PROPERTIES --> from the file menu, I chose cell tab and changed vertical text to &quot;CENTER&quot; and hit OK; unfortunately, there is no change to the text in the table. Any suggestions on how to vertically center text within a cell? You can get this kind of effect if you've hit return after the content is enter...