Converting Phone Numbers

How do you convert a phone number in this format xxx-xxx-xxxx to a string of
10 numbers XXXXXXXXXX?  I've tried format, cells, custom, xxxxxxxxxx but it
didn't work.  HELP!
0
Motabb (1)

Hi
try
=SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-","")
in a helper column

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Motabb" <Motabb@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> How do you convert a phone number in this format xxx-xxx-xxxx to a
string of
> 10 numbers XXXXXXXXXX?  I've tried format, cells, custom, xxxxxxxxxx
but it
> didn't work.  HELP!

0
frank.kabel (11126)
9/1/2004 12:49:22 PM
on way is to use a helper cell with the formula:

=LEFT(B1,3)&MID(B1,5,3)&RIGHT(B1,4) this assumes your telephon
number resides in B1.

If your number has been entered as XXX-XXX-XXXX (complete with hypens
this is probably the only way.

hth

Mik

Converting a Microsoft Word document to a PC document

How to Replace Numbers with Phrases
-- Jerry ...

Convert date to months
I have a database that has multiple dates in it. What I am trying to do is in one field I have a date and I am want that date to convert to months in another field. Can anyone help me on this. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200707/1 are you trying to find months between dates? or convert 4 to April? Look at format function for ways to display months, datediff function for months difference.. "bohon79 via AccessMonster.com" <u35329@uwe> wrote in message news:74ac2f3f40ce9@uwe... >I have a database ...

Need to convert point on screen to various screen resolutions
Let's say you click on a button on your screen at 1000,2500 TWIPS and your resolution is 800 X 600. Now you change your screen resolution to 1024 X 768 and you need to click on the same button in it's new location on the screen. Who's 100 times smarter than I am and can do some tricky math that will tell me the TWIPS to find that button? I'd ned to do the same calculation for other screen resolutions like 640 X 480 etc. http://www.applecore99.com/api/api012.asp -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Donna YaWanna" <diy@mdahospital.com> wrote in message news:%23HMLEWW2...

How do I convert a list to an Excel file?
I have a WORD file with 48 lines of comma delimited data in the form: xxx,xxxxxxx,xxxxxx,x,x,xxx,xxxxxxxxx xx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xx,x I would like to convert the WORD list to EXCEL. When I attempt to open the WORD file in EXCEL, I thought a conversion window would appear....what I actually get is "incorrect format" Hi! Save the WORD file as a plain text file. Then, when you open the file in Excel a Wizard will open and step you through it. Just select COMMA as the delimiter. Biff >-----Original Message----- >I have a WORD file with 48 lines of comma delimited data in ...

Custom header numbering
Hi all, I have a question about formatting Header numbering throughout a new document (Word 2007). I'm trying to do the following: Heading 1 1.0 Heading 2 1.1 Heading 2 1.1.0 Heading 3 1.1.1 Heading 3 Heading 1 2.0 Heading 2 2.1 Heading 2 2.1.0 Heading 3 ... So it's an outline numbered / multilevel list, where Heading 1 has no numbering, and Heading 2 restarts numbering after a Heading 1 is used. I haven't been able to figure this one out for myselve. Can anyone help me on this one? Regards, Bert -- Neron Follow the instructions at ...

How to assign unique number to column duplicates?
Hi All, I need to assign a unique number to a set of duplicates all in one column in Excel 2007. so columnA will has about 9000 numbers, some of them unique, and others are duplicates of 2-4 approx. I used to conditional formatting to show which are duplicates, but need to be able to assign a unique number to each set duplicates, that will be in sequential order... e.g. ColumnA ColumnB(unique ID) 01233 0001 01233 0001 01234 - 01255 0002 01255 0002 etc.... Any ideas please? I don't know how to do programming, just form...

sorting numbers #5
Hi were have problems in sorting out our inventory item numbers. We have over 15,000 item numbers that can't be changed or zeros deleted. The problem is when there are zeros in the item number. Excell sort CA0002 CA00020 CA0021 CA02 CA021 CA02C Needs to be CA0002 CA02 CA02C CA00020 CA0021 CA021 Thanks Darkjedi -- darkjedi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ darkjedi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29153 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=488748 Since I didn't re...

Get Start date of Week number and Year
I’d like to build the following expression in my query GetStartWeekNumber(DatePart("ww",[EnteredDate]), Year([EnteredDate])) So if EnteredDate = 11/3/2009 the function would return 11/1/2009 But GetStartWeekNumber does not exist as an Access Built-In Function. Is there another way to do this as an expression in a query? I’m not familiar with creating my own functions. Thanks. That would depend on how you define the start of the week... One option would be to get the day-of-week number of the date (in my system/setup, Monday is day 2), then subtract one less than that...

Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web
Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web Support over 147 countries and ALL languages (unicode encoding) MSG.to provides a unique personal SMS URL for you. It is easy for friends sending text message to you by web. For example, if your name is Lisa, you can register: http://MSG.to/Lisa (you can use this link to see demo) You can also register your mobile phone number as SMS URL like: http://MSG.to/+886913123456 (you can use this link to see demo) Please visit http://msg.to/ for more information. Related keywords: Short Message Serv...

I am having trouble keeping numbers formatted in a Pivot Table
I have a pivot table that won't stay formatted. The data is formatted as currency in the worksheet that the Pivot Table is drawing off of. It shows up as a general number in the Pivot. I've tried formatting it in the Pivot but it doesn't stay when I refresh the data. "Preserve formatting" is checked on the Pivot table, so it SHOULD be preserving any formatting I apply to the pivot table, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I know I could record a macro to format this, but it is happening on multiple Pivot tables in the same workbook and that would be a pain ...

Convert litres per 100km to miles per gallon easily
I need to be able to set up a spreadsheet that allows users to type in a figure for Litres per 100km (fuel consumption measure) and translate it into a miles per gallon (UK measures) figure (fuel economy measure). ok here is a long way to do it say cell A1 is where you type your figure of l/100 k in some other cell type this 100/A1*4.55*0.62 4.55 l per uk gallon.0.62 kilometer =mile..... every time you type a figure in A1 the MPG displays in your other cell...... easy one to check me on is 10 l 100 ks,= 10 km litre =28.2 mpg -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "Ann Cardus" ...

False number of unread messages
For the last week or so my folders list shows one unread message in my Inbox, but there are none. Anyone know how I can correct this please? "Ayrhead" <Ayrhead@discussions.com> wrote in message news:61EED10D-B8A6-4293-A60D-540E9E90C446@microsoft.com... > For the last week or so my folders list shows one unread message in my > Inbox, > but there are none. Anyone know how I can correct this please? View menu>current view>disable group messages by conversation should reveal the missing message. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. ht...

Re: limit numbers of connections to one server
hi there :-) my pop3 server is limited to 10 query per sec. and per ip. i have abou 16 mail-accounts on this server. the last 6 allways error with timeou or something. is there a way to limit the number of connections to one server i outlook 2002 on windows xp pro? thanks a lo - jazzy_ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message674073.htm Set your send/receive settings to consecutive mail checks, rather than conc...

How to convert Conditional Format into the "real" format?
Hi, does anybody know the trick to easily convert Conditional Formatting into the "real" cell format? (don't need to have conditional format anymore) Thanks Select your cells. Choose Format/Conditional Formatting... and click Delete. In article <ugg2DVbJEHA.556@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Arie Sukendro" <info@NOSPAMdrsirx.com> wrote: > Hi, > does anybody know the trick to easily convert Conditional Formatting into > the "real" cell format? (don't need to have conditional format anymore) > Thanks This will remove the conditiona...

Summing with a range of number
Hey Everyone, I have a question about summing via ranges. I am trying to write macro and have hit a bump. Here is the scenario. I have a 2 columns of data (A&B). Column B i sorted in ascending order. Now I have ranges of data in column A that need to sum. Lets say in column B I need all numbers from 100 to 300 From 100 to 300 I need the totals in column A to sum at the last numbe that is less than 300 but greater than 100. I would like the sum to b in colum C for the totals of column A within the ranges of column B. hope that makes sense. If not ask for clarification or I will try an...

Add times and genral numbers
I have a spread sheet that calculates a score based on the time to finish an event PLUS points scored during the event. Currently I enter the times as seconds (general number Eg 2 minutes = 120. This allows for easy adding of time and points. Each second of event time counts as 1 point. Eg 2 Minutes 30 Seconds is 150 points PLUS 50 points scored during event for a total of 200 points. I want to be able to add times in the correct format. Eg 2:30 for 2 minutes 30 seconds instead of using 150 seconds (actually I would prefer 2.30 for speed) How can I do this to allow for adding a time of 2:3...

How can I keep my numbering system consecutive when I sort?
I have created a spread sheet with a numbering system. I would like it to be permanently consecutive when I do a sort...is there a way to create a permanent row that is not affected when I sort the rest of the document? One way: Say your row #1 starts on Row5. In A5 enter: =ROWS($1:1) And copy down as needed. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "duchess_2" <duchess_2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:290570A8-5847-40...

Caption Numbering connected with various heading styles
I am working on a document with many (100+) figures with captions that are located in various chapters, sections and subsections. I don't have a problem numbering the caption automatically with the appropriate heading level but when I adjust the caption heading level in the caption dialog box (e.g. from H3 to H4) all of my previously created H3 headings are changed to H4 level headings. In shorter documents I have simply gone back and adjusted the \s 4 to \s 3 (or as appropriate) after completing the document but that is getting rather tedious with the large number of figures...

help w/converting pub 2003 to pub 2000
I am in great need of assistance converting a publisher 2003 file to publisher 2000 by tomorrow!!! Can anyone help me?? Thanks Niki Holton Niki Holton wrote: > I am in great need of assistance converting a publisher 2003 file to > publisher 2000 by tomorrow!!! Can anyone help me?? > > > Thanks > > Niki Holton magrat (underscore) garlick (at) hotmail (dot) com. -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ ...

International Phone Numbers #2
Just a suggestion, but I think that there should be some sort of option to set up a customer as domestic or international, and for the Customer/Vendor card to reflect this. What I mean is that when you have an international phone number, the phone number fields should change to be able to accept international numbers, with a space for the country code. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the butto...

Addition problem, number always 2 cents off...Help
I have a little problem with my SUMs I have 200 to 300 rows of A * B = C Then I tell it to do a =sum(d1:d300) All the cells are formated to currency, two decimal places. when I add up the numbers with an adding machine I'm always 2 - 22 cents off. (2 cents on this sheet, 22 cents on another sheet....) Can anyone help Thank you WTG The issue is very likely to be rounding - that the product of each multiplication has fractional cents that Excel considers in the SUM() function, even though you don't see them fractional cents on screen You can either modify your multiplication f...

Public phone list in Exchange 2003
Hi ! We are using Exchange 2003 in our company, and i have made a list of all our employees in a public folder. I want the list to be shown as "Phone list", but when my users open the folder, they see it as "address cards", and they manually have to change the view to "Phone list". This is no very good.... Is there a way for me to set it up on the server, so that the list automaticly is shown as "Phone list". Regards, Ole Set up the view you want by creating a new custom view, calling it what you like, and make it the default/initial view on the P...

Negative numbers shows up as )8.20( instead of (8.20)
I've checked all the formatting, the data shows up as (8.20) but when the chart plots the info it shows and prints as )8.20(. Already tried the regional settings, loaded the latest Office 2003 updates, etc. Please help. Thanks. Bit of a strange one, I've never come across this before. Have you tried right clicking the axis and choosing Format Axis -> Number and selecting the desired format? Regards, A "JoyG" wrote: > I've checked all the formatting, the data shows up as (8.20) but when the > chart plots the info it shows and prints as )8.20(. Alrea...

setting up custom week numbering (School terms) in Outlook calenda
How can I customise the week numbering in Outlook 2007 Calendar to show the Term number and week number for a school year? Outlook doesn't support it but you could create all day events for the first day of your week - subject is your week number. You can create it in excel and import it. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/countdown.htm for the method. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktip...