Converting from time format to decimal and figuring the difference

 I am creating a dialy time record for reporting to an online time card
system. I need to convert from excel's time format to decimal format and
figure the difference from start time and finish time in 1/10th hour
increments and have it displayed it as such.
0
Williams (30)

Hi Steve,
I expect the first problem you will run into is converting an Excel time to
hours.   After you have the difference or sums of Excel times and you want
to convert to hours multiply by 24 and format as a number representing hours
and decimal hours.     Time and dates are measured in days after 1899
or other reference point.

For more information on dates and time see
  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm
  http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm

I think you will find examples of downloadable time sheets on both
Chip Pearson's site an on John Walkenbach's site  (j-walk.com/ss/excel)
---
HTH,

"Steve Williams" <Steve Williams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am creating a dialy time record for reporting to an online time card
> system. I need to convert from excel's time format to decimal format and
> figure the difference from start time and finish time in 1/10th hour
> increments and have it displayed it as such.

Time card 24 hour Please help if you can
I have modified the time card template that comes we Excel 2002 its the standard template in the spreadsheet solutions under time card. I have it exactly the way I want it to work but all of the fields that you put times in will not let me go over 24 because its looking for a 24 hour time clock situation but I am using the for payroll in a flat rate hour situation i can have a 100 hours on one job. How do I get rid of that formatting that keeps me from putting in more than 24? When I open the properties for the cells it says they are just set for numbers and should take as big as number as I p...

Convert button in Account Modifier/Combiner
When importing from a file in the Account Modifier/Combiner Tool, the Convert Button should be greyed out or hidden, because you don't actually use the Convert button in this process. If the button can't be greyed out or hidden, please update the documentation to reflect the appropriate steps (ie: don't click the Convert button when importing from a file). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do no...

Rounding a time calculation in .25 increments
Hello! I have tried a couple of rounding suggestions that I have foun somewhere in here but can't seem to get anything working. I have created a spreadsheet that calculates time differences. All o the times are in quarter hours :00, :15, :30, :45. So a calculation o 8:45 AM to 2:30 PM comes out 5.45. I need this to be 5.75. Can' figure it out although I am sure it is pretty simple. On top of that, sometimes after times are calculated, I need t subtract additional time. Say I want to take 30 minutes off so "Discounted Time" cell would have -.50 as it's value ...

Currency format won't centre
I have totals formatted as currency, no decimal positions. However, I cannot centre them too. Any ideas? Using Excel XP. Deborah Hi Deborah, You should be able to center the cell via Format>Cells>, click the Alignment Tab, and choose Center in the Horizontal box -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Deborah" <dmowry@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:6ff92db.0402230723.5a0b5673@posting.google.com... > I have totals formatted as currency, no decimal positions. However, I > cannot centre them too. Any ideas? > Using Excel XP. > Deborah &...

ToolBar error when enter Dialog 2nd time.
Hi; I've created a dialog in an aplication with VC6 which has a Toolbar created in the onInitDialog as follows: ////////////////////////////////////////////////////// if (!m_editorTB.CreateEx(this, TBSTYLE_FLAT, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | CBRS_TOP | CBRS_GRIPPER | CBRS_TOOLTIPS | CBRS_FLYBY | CBRS_SIZE_DYNAMIC | CBRS_BORDER_BOTTOM | CBRS_BORDER_RIGHT) || !m_editorTB.LoadToolBar(IDR_EDITORTB)) { TRACE("Problem creating toolbar\n"); } RepositionBars(AFX_IDW_CONTROLBAR_FIRST, AFX_IDW_CONTROLBAR_LAST,0); //////////////////////////////////////////////////// When I enter th...

Continuous dates and time
I have a instrument collecting data every minutes for many days (20 days). I would like to plot a line graph; however, I can not show the date and time in the chart. I do not want to show all the dates and time but I would like to show at least 4 to 8 dates and time per day. Any suggestion? Stonleyoh wrote on Fri, 27 Jan 2006 13:12:27 -0800: S> I have a instrument collecting data every minutes for many S> days (20 days). I would like to plot a line graph; however, S> I can not show the date and time in the chart. I do not S> want to show all the dates and time but I ...

General Number Format
The General Number Format on my computer has changed to two decimals. When you enter 1 you get .01. This happens on all brand new worksheets. This is now the default setting for the General Number Format. How do I change it back to the original setting? Paul I believe that you asked this question at 13.03 today, and I responded to it then. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Paul Mc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ae7401c3ec20$d35b23e0$a00...

Can you convert an Acess 2003 table to ASCII?
A printed has requested conversion of mdb file to ASCII text. Can this be done? If so, how? You could export the table as a text file (you can set the delimiter options when saving). Rightclick on tablename and choose export... hth -- Maurice Ausum "BobF" wrote: > A printed has requested conversion of mdb file to ASCII text. Can this be > done? If so, how? File /Export Pieter "BobF" <BobF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34366210-031A-4BE9-BFF9-55015CC98C3C@microsoft.com... >A printed has requested conversion of mdb file to A...

storing custom resource data in text format #2
Hi, When I try to insert a resource file, I can choose among standard resource types such as icon, bitmap, dialog, cursor and HTML. I wish to store some SQL text. When I try to insert this as a custom resource, it always assumes it to be binary data, which makes editing it from within the resource editor a pain in the ... So currently I am storing this under "HTML" type, as it is the only resource type that lets me insert text files. Is there some way for me to insert my own "SQL" resource type, and let the resource editor know that this category is "text" en no...

Currency format
Hi, Using Excel 2000. Is it possible to make the 'Currency' button behave in the following way ? Format the number � sign leading, but not left justified. e.g. Typing in 1.34 into a cell (make it 300 pixels wide), it gives '� 1.34'. I'd prefer it simply to display the number � sign leading, immediately followed by the value (irrespective of how wide the cell/column is). i.e. �1.34 I know it picks up the rule from the Regional Settings, but it doesn't make the 'currency' button that useful at the end of the day. There's only 4 different types of...

Row Formatting #2
How can you have the text in every cell of a row change to a certain color based on the value of the first cell in the row? Example; IF A1= Rentals then the whole row's text would be in red and if A1 = Boats then it would be in Blue. Thanks, Chance Hi try the following: - select row 1 - goto 'Format - Conditional Format' - enter the following formula =$A1="Rentals" - choose your format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Chance" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:023b01c48f92$298e3800$a401280a@phx.gbl... > ...

Negative times
I've been trying to put together a timesheet to record the hours that my colleagues work. It consists of 13 4 week sheets to give a full year of records. The base time for a 4 week block is 144 (yeah, I know we got it easy!!!) but it is permitted to work fewer hours than that and carry over a debit and to make up that time in the next block. I am having real problems trying to manipulate negative times and to therefore get the carry over working - any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have two cells which both compare actual time worked with the base time. If the balance is...

transfer emails from my Mac ( mail stamp figure ) to my computer Microsoft Outlook #4
How can I transfer my emails. Well, you're a man or woman of few words, despite posting 5 times. ;-) Care to give us some detail about what exactly you want to do? Clive Huggan ============ On 17/1/07 6:30 PM, in article 1169019041.179589.161260@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "real120@gmail.com" <real120@gmail.com> wrote: > How can I transfer my emails. > Hello, As far as I have understood, you want to move your mail form Mac Mail. Application in PC Outlook, right? Suppose you are speaking POP3 email account. Then here are 2 options 1. mail app. Save mail ...

VBA Code to select and format range
Hi All, I want to select a range of cells and format the range of cells based on a "offset" feature... The last couple lines in my code are: ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R[-4]C:R[-1]C)" Where the active cell reference is a moving target depending on the amount of data in the worksheet. How do I now say - select this cell, plus other cells in this range of cells and format them with a border, and a color? I can't get the syntax right. I I record the macro, it only gives me this: range("I32:L37&q...

Moving Exchange DB to a different domain #2
Lat's say I have olddomain.com and newdomain.com, in two distinct forests; each of them has its own Exchange 2003 organization, with a single server running. I want to move all of the Exchange databases from the old domain to the new. I know I can use ExMerge for mailboxes, but what about public folders? Can I solve this by establishing a trust between the domains and doing something on the Exchange servers? What is the right way (if there is any) to do this? Thanks Massimo ...

Is there a way to convert a EXCEL form into a WORD form?
Users: I have an existing form created by someone else, I would like to convert it to a WORD document form and make some changes. I need the individual cells to be meraged and the text box flyout to me drop-downs. Is it possible to do this without having to re-create the form in WORD. Thanks Why don't you do what you want to do in the existing Excel form? Excel is far better and easier to use to design forms. Merging the cells in Excel is done with the click of the mouse. I don't understand the "text box flyout to me drop-downs", but Excel does have drop downs, ...

Convert Excel to XML
What's the easiest way for me to convert excel to XML without getting extra markup (cause I noticed that happens if you save your file as xml). I'm looking for a way to take like the headers in my spreadsheet, and use those as xml tags, and then the data in the cell is what goes between the tag. Is their an expansion pack for this or something? ...

decimal separator?
Hi, I'm using web quiries to obtain data from web pages. Some of the sites use ',' as a desimal separator others use '.'. I'm from Finland so I'd like to use ',' as decimal separator. Is there a way to format those U.S.-format('.') numbers to Finnish-format(',') without changing the setting for the whole progmam/operating system?? Thank you, Jimmy format the cells where you will paste as text paste in the data format the cells a general do edit=>Replace Replace what . replace with , -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Jimmy <jj_22_jj@yahoo...

Hi-lighting figures
How do I get Excel to hi-light figures in a spreadsheet that are over a certain amount (e.g hi-light all numbers above 10 in red) Hi - you can use conditional formatting for this. Go to the Format menu then select Conditional Formatting. J ...

Meeting Schedule time
Hi I've got a funny problem in my organisation, when users send meeting request to another organisation, when they arrive on that side the meeting requests are an hour earlier, but when the other org sends us meeting requests they appear to be fine which therefore must mean that the problem is on our side... Both org's are running Exchange2000 sp3. Any suggestions... "Oskido" <eskimo@myiafrica.com> wrote in news:cdnre7$fmu$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net: > I've got a funny problem in my organisation, when users send meeting > request to another organisation, whe...

Comment Formatting
I would like the default for my comments to be 8pt Ariel regular face and for the comment box to open without my name. How can I set the default for comments or where can I find information on setting the default for comments. I appreciate your help. WMD in Houston Hi WMD! To change default font size in comments: Start > Control Panel > Display > Appearance In Windows XP you need to click Advanced From the Dropdown select ToolTip and change font and size But be aware that this affects ToolTips generally and not just comments. Without VBA you can change the name using: T...

Converting PowerPoint to Adobe PDF
When I covert PowerPoint files to Adobe PDF (by using Print menu and selecting Adobe PDF), my PDF files include the PowerPoint margins. Is there any way to convert the file so that the PDF appears as the PowerPoint slide view does; that is, without the margins? I'm using PowerPoint 2007 on Windows XP. In article <0CD82E63-26F3-4FBA-981E-BA8448F6BF8D@microsoft.com>, Nina wrote: > When I covert PowerPoint files to Adobe PDF (by using Print menu and > selecting Adobe PDF), my PDF files include the PowerPoint margins. Is there > any way to convert the file so t...

Page # format changes when I convert to web publication
I can't figure out how to change my page number format back to Arabic in my web publication. It changed to Roman numerals when I converted from print to web. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. PS - I'm using Publisher 2003 ...

OWA not working on 2 different exchange in same organization
Hi there, I would like to know how i can get my OWA work on my branch office exchange server. Here are the details: Domain abc.com Main site and Branch site under same domain linked with VPN tunnel. Both site using Exchange 2000 standard Main site 1st exchange server of the organization - server1 When connecting from outside the site i'm using https://server1.abc.com/exchange and it work just fine. Branch site 2nd server of the organization - server2 When connecting from outside of site i'm trying https://server1.abc.com/exchange and https://server2.abc.com/exchange and it NOT w...

On Line Stmt Balances Different than Account List Balances
I just migrated my money files from an old pc to my new pc by backing up the files on a diskette and then opening the backup diskette on my new pc. I then downloaded about a one week of transactions from my bank and credit cards; however the balances reflected on the "Read Online Statments" screen are different than the "Account List" balances, and the "Read online" balances appear to be the correct balances and agree with the balances on the institution websites. .. I just had a very similar problem. I had downloaded transactions on my old PC and ha...