Converting a number to 2 decimal places

I would like to be able to type a number into a cell and have i
automatically converted to a number with the last 2 numbers to th
right of the decimal point. For example, if I typed in 1234, it woul
become 12.34. How can I do that

--
mattsla
mattslav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2403

Tools>Options>Edit
Check Fixed decimal places
Set for 2

Does that help?

Ron

--
Ron Coderre
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21419

Yes, that is exactly what I want. Thanks

--
mattsla
mattslav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2403
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37648

Public Folder Auto-reply #2
Hi Is there any way that I can enable an auto-reply for emails that are going to a Public Folder that is mail enabled. The emails will not only becoming from inside th company but externally as well. Thanx for the help Sulaiman yes, you can...on the Administration tab, click Folder Assistant...but be very cautious with this...it's very easy to get into a "mail loop" condition that could conceivably crash the store... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Sulaiman" <Sulaiman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E3D127F-2CBE-40D3-9AC3-333F3D25B465@microsoft....

clustered stack column charts #2
I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns. I tried using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it doesn't allow me to add a secondary axis for the last (sixth) data series. I don't get it??? How does one series in a stacked cluster use the secondary axis? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Lou T wrote: > I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns. I tried > using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it ...

Store.exe crashing on 2 Exchange 2003 servers
We have 2 Exchange 2003 SP1 servers (Win 2K SP4) which have developed a problem with the store crashing every half hour or so. System event log: The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action. Application event log Faulting application store.exe, version 6.5.7226.3, stamp 407db771, faulting module storevs2.dll, version 7.1.367.0, stamp 40746ce5, debug? 0, fault address 0x00002238. I think it is interesting that both servers are crashing, but not at exact...

What happened? #2
Does anybody know why many of the discussion topics have been deleted from this forum? Not specific to this forum, but the MS newsgroups have a "retention period". Anything too old is automatically purged (which sometimes leaves answers with no questions. IIRC this period is 6 months. They are generally moving everything across to the web-based forums instead. On 24/06/2010 14:57, Squeaky wrote: > Does anybody know why many of the discussion topics have been deleted from > this forum? ...

When converting MDE
Hello, Assuming most people aready have Office 2000, so I want to create an MDE . I understand we should use Access 2000 to make MDE. Since I do have Access 2002 or Office XP, how can I make MDE ver.2000 The other question, suppose I have Access 2000 and I successfully made MDE ver200, can this MDE be opened by Acess 2002 and higher? Thanks -- H. Frank Situmorang You must have Access 2000 to create an Access 2000 MDE. Yes: an Access 2000 MDE can be used in all later versions. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/ti...

How can I convert text to all lowercase?
How can I convert text to all lowercase? I know that I can use the Format menu to convert a block of text to all uppercase, but is there any way to convert it to lowercase? If not with Excel, how about Word, DOS, any other way. I'm using Excel 7.0 (Office 95). Thanks in advance! Take a look at David McRitchie's Lower() Macro (I believe it will work in XL7): http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#lower In article <20031207155812.23043.00000330@mb-m27.aol.com>, hbyardsale@aol.comnetorg (HBYardSale) wrote: > How can I convert text to all lowercase? > &g...

Converting decimals to Time
Hi folks, For thousands of rows, time has been entered as 10.15 or 9.30. These are correct times, as in quarter-past-ten and nine thirty. To perform calculations, I obviously need to have a : (semi-colon) not a . (full-stop) Find and replace won't work because 9.3 (nine thirty) comes up as 9:03. I can write a macro, but trying to avoid since it's for someone else. Any ideas? TIA, Piers Hi Piers, =TIME(INT(A1),MOD(A1,1)*100,0) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Piers 2k" <fake@msn.com> wrote in message news:uTDz539DHHA.1748@TK2MSFTNGP02.p...

IS there a way to compare 2 excel files
I like to be able to compare 2 excel files to see how different they are.Is there such a thing? Hi Now imagine how totally different two excel files can possibly be. The report would say ... ? But if you have two pretty similar sheets, try Myrna Larson and Bill Manville's "Compare", downloadable from http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm HTH. Best wishes Harald "PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> skrev i melding news:%23BAzyBkOFHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I like to be able to compare 2 excel files to see how different they are.Is > there such a ...

In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/april/04) data converts.
In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/April/2004) excel converts this to 4/10/04 (4/October/2004) Where can I change the input characteristics. I have changed the date format to English (UK) and this works when I input the date in the American format mm/dd/yy but I want to input in the dd/mm/yy format I think I'd try chaning my windows regional settings. In win98, I'd get to it via: Windows start button|Settings|control Panel|regional settings applet Date Tab Change the short date format to dd/mm/yyyy (I like 4 digit dates--you don't have to use that part--but put it in d...

Spacing #2
Hi Trim removes spacing in the beginning and end of word. How can i delete a spacing betwee two words (name) ex "De Wit" > i want "dewit" THX Luc You can use: =substitute(a1," ","") to remove all the spaces (leading/trailing/embedded) or =lower(substitute(a1," ","")) if you really wanted lower case. Luc Vandenhoeck wrote: > > Hi > Trim removes spacing in the beginning and end of word. > How can i delete a spacing betwee two words (name) ex "De Wit" > i want > "dewit" > THX Luc -- ...

Rounding with no Decimals...
Hello all, I have a cell set up to show a number with no decimals. With decimals the number should be 5555.9854... but when I set it up to show no decimals it returns 5556. is there a way to tell it not to round the whole number at all? Thanks so much, Confused Man "Confused Man" <bfbj@iup.edu> wrote in news:ZdCdnScz65Lm2HTfRVn-tA@comcast.com: > Hello all, > > I have a cell set up to show a number with no decimals. With decimals > the number should be 5555.9854... but when I set it up to show no > decimals it returns 5556. is there a way to tell it no...

special orders #2
What is the best way to handle special orders... would it be via work orders? We would like to have two "special order" items that require 6 or so input criteria, i.e. if a cashier selects the item, they would have to input various selections such as color, finish, cloth type, etc. Any ideas on how to handle this? Thanks, Dallas. We use Layaway for special orders and I don't believe there is any fundamental difference between Layaway and Work Order other than the name. For the past year we've been using SO Tracker from Digital Retail Solutions. You can find it at: http...

Service Call SQL Object creation error #2
Hi, I am trying to configure Service Call Management, and when I execute the step to set up permissions for the GP users who can perform service call escalations (i.e Tools \ Setup \ Project \ Service Setup \ Service button \ SQL Objects button - Set permissions for Sql Objects for Escalation, then I get the following error: 'An error occurred executing add group statements'. When I click OK the next error is: 'The role FSSQLJOB does not exist in the current database.' I am on GP10 and am doing this in the Fabrikam database. Thanks Neil You will want to run the follow...

Convert Publisher letterhead to Word
How do I convert my letterhead creaded in Publisher to Word or other word processing software, e.g., OpenOffice, so that I may create text in the letterhead to email to clients/customers? You may reply privately to tannj2@comcast.net if you wish. Thank you. Joe Right-click the creation, save as picture. This tutorial is perfect for what you want to do http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "JoOffice" <JoOffice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD4E5467-4F84-44B1-A46D-69C470B6B0AF@microsoft.com... > How ...

Combining 2 Text Strings in Body of E-Mail Q
I am trying to create a string of text to place in the message body of an e-mail. Using Ron De Bruins code I've run in to the "Too many line continuations". I've a requirement for 31 lines, but it hits this error on line 24. How can I combine 2 text strings to appear in the message body of the reports. My code with only the first stringbody is:- Sub Mail_New_Version() Dim FileExtStr As String Dim FileFormatNum As Long Dim Sourcewb As Workbook Dim Destwb As Workbook Dim TempFilePath As String Dim TempFileName As String Dim OutApp As O...

can't convert jpg or other into publisher
I reinstalled publisher after reformatting my xp Dell. Now publisher will not convert image into the page where I want a picture. I can scan one in, but can't import clip art or a picture located elsewhere. I can import a picture into word. I reinstalled publisher again and same thing. I put it on a friends computer and everything works fine - I'm puzzled. What are they referring to when it's saying can't convert the image - also mentions a graphic filter?? I need help. Jeanne Importing from where? Are you using the Clip Gallery or Organizer? If you are trying to import ...

Serial Number while printing.
Guys, could you please help me on my problem? i just want to use the serial number on my report but the problem is, i did'nt know how to use it properly. here is my problem goes: i have 1 page of report, and i want to print it for 100 copies (meaning the 100copies had only one content). i want to have a serial number for 100 copies. for example the first printout will have serial number 1, the second is 2, the 3rd print out is 3 and for last printout will have of course serial number 100. hope to hear from you guys. thanks. So the first record in the report is printed 100 times, with th...

Display lists in an arbitrary number of columns
I have written and posted the following articles which will prove useful = to some: Display Lists in Columns Horizontally Using One Cell per Column http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D34 Display Lists in Columns Horizontally Using Individual Cells http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D33 Display Lists in Columns Vertically Using One Cells per Column http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D32 Display Lists in Columns Vertically Using Individual Cells http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D31 ...

Convert Word Table -> Excel without merged cells?
Whenver I copy/paste tables from word to excel, I get merged cells in Excel whenever there are line breaks in the word table cells. How can I avoid this? TIA Steve Saved from a previous post: If your cells in your word table contain paragraph mark or linebreak characters, then excel will bring them over as separate cells. One way around it is to convert those paragraph marks & linebreaks to unique characters, then copy|paste and then convert them back to linefeeds. I like this technique (inside a copy of the word file): Select your table. Edit|replace|Special (show More if required)...

Converting an Excel List into Access
I am unable to import a specific excel document into Access. I have done countless other imports and never encountered an error. What are some possible reasons for being unable to import the file? Yes all that shows up is: "An error occured while trying to import(directory path here). The file was not imported" >-----Original Message----- >What happens when you try to import it? Is there an error message? > >Dano wrote: >> I am unable to import a specific excel document into >> Access. I have done countless other imports and never >> encountered...

Rules do not run #2
I have erase all my rules and set them up one at a time as a new message arrives. Next time that rule is supposed to run it does not. Using "Run Rules Now" does work, why are my rule not running automatically when new messages arrive. I am using Outlook 2003. Andrew M. what type of email account do you have? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Ou...

Transform a Cell from Formula to Number
Is there a way to turn a cell from a formula to the number the formula outputs? Copy it to the clipboard, then do Edit>PasteSpceial, click Values -- HTH Bob Phillips "Sloth" <Sloth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76DA206E-CFC3-4E63-9789-69735538E1A7@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to turn a cell from a formula to the number the formula outputs? Copy the cell. Edit/Paste Special/Values. In article <76DA206E-CFC3-4E63-9789-69735538E1A7@microsoft.com>, "Sloth" <Sloth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to...

how do i set up to auto detect duplicated numbers in an excel fiel
I use excel spreadsheets to generate joblists and invoices. I need to ensure that job numbers are not duplicated. I enter my clients numbers here and have had double entry problems. Help!!!! Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Peabody wrote: > I use excel spreadsheets to generate joblists and invoices. I need to > ensure that job numbers are not duplicated. I enter my clients > numbers here and have had double entry problems. Help!!!! ...

Migration From 1.2 to 3.0
Dear all, We want to do a new installation of CRM3.0 on a new server. How to migrate data from 1.2 to 3.0 ? (1)Somebody suggested to use data migration tools. I don't like it because I have experienced before (when I migrate Goldmine to CRM 1.2). It is very headache and time-consuming. (2)Somebody suggested to do a new installation for CRM1.2 and upgrade to CRM3.0. Does it mean I can copy the database of 1.2 to a new server and install CRM1.2 ? I would actually first upgrade your existing system. Then look to migrating to the new hardware. With v3, the DB is a lot easier to mov...

How to split numbers and decimal in 2 columns
One column for the dollars and the other for the cents? If so, use the Text to Columns, Use Delimited as the split option (Step 1) and select Other, type in the decimal point in the blank to the right of the Other option in step 2. This is good, but how do i keep it in the colums is i introduce new data and how do i sum it up (the colums) to get a final number with decimals in there corresponding colums? Dollars in in B, cents in C, Data shown Dollars Cents Cu Sum 7 56 7.56 3 44 11.00 2 24 13.24 45 23 58.47 C2: =SUM($B$2:B2)+SUM($C$2:C2)/100 and copy down Regards Peter A "...