Convert Works file to Excel file

Is there a simple conversion package to convert a Microsoft Works file, with
extension .xlr, to an Excel file?  Is there a download?  Note I am running
Excel 2002.
0
Cider (1)

Bulk Import Wizard for Leads Issue
Hi, I am trying to import Lead records using a CSV file containing around 3,000 records. I have tested with around 20 records (taken from the larger file) and it imports fine but when I select the the 3,000 record file for import the wizard gives an error message somthing like (sorry don't have exact wording) 'Source Import file is corrupt'. Are there any known issues with CSV files such as the following : 1) Special characters such as an asterix not handled 2) Email and Website type fields must all be correctly formatted? 3) File is too large Thanks for your help in adva...

Work Order Vs Backorder
I am trying to establish an easy way for my cashiers to take special orders for items not in database. I have found helpful posts that suggest using WO's. However (if I am understanding correctly) a workorder cannot be used in combination with items currently in stock. Ex: customer buys a dog collar off the floor and wants to buy a lead that we have never carried. Can both items be placed on same transaction? I really do not want to make the customer make two separate purchases. It seems using a generic SKU on a backorder would allow me to do this. Are there any pitfalls here...

Protecting a sheet (yet allowing buttons/macros to work)?
I'm new to the button/macro feature of Excel (even though I've been assigning macros to _toolbars_ for years <g>!) So, I don't even know if what I need to do can be done: Ideally, it would be nice if I could protect all the sheets or even better the workbook in one fell swoop, so that no-one could accidentally delete the buttons YET that would still allow the macros to work. I've tried everything I know and the best I seem to be able to do, yes, protects the buttons but I the macros stop working and display a ""Run-time error '1004'". T...

how do i enable dde in excel?
i am posting a DDE link into an excel cell from an external program and getting the message ' DDE Not enabled' in the cell once the link is pasted in. how do i enable DDE? ...

new email notification doesn't work?
In Outlook 2003, I have the option set for the semi-transparent notification window to pop up when I get new email, but it never does. Is there something I'm not doing right? Does it only come up in certain situations? Btw, I'm using the regular Inbox with a POP3 account. -- John Salerno Do you have rules moving your email to folders after receipt? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searchi...

How to transpose in excel file

excel file can't be opened #2

MBF file won't open...am I hosed???
In my previous computer I had a flaky hard drive. While it still worked I backed up all my important files to CD's and DVD's. Since I dutifully backed up my MNY file (to two locations) each time I used my Money 2001 I didn't think to copy my MNY file I merely copied the MBF files from those locations. Once, I had to use that an MBF file as my MNY file was corrupt and it worked flawlessly. I saw no reason why it shouldn't do so again. Plus I was in panic mode to get all the data possible from the dying HD. Now that I have a new computer I installed my copy of MM 2001 and wh...

Headers in Excel #3
Can you tell me if it's possible and if so, how I can change the header cells, i.e. A B C D E ... etc? Thanks. Andrea (508) 842-3880 Hi Andrea no this is not possible. The best workaround you can achieve is: - use row 1 as header - goto cell A2 and to the menu 'Windows - Freeze Panes' to always show row 1 - in 'Tools - Options - view' you can hide the row and column headers -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Andrea" <shrews.receptionist@nitco-lift.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:12ff301c44354$b88982b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can you tell ...

Can't restor backup file, "Please insert the next backup disk.....
I have money 2005 backup file (.mbf) and my original file has gotten corrupted somehow and can't repair it (computer hung and had to be restarted). Whenever I try to restor the backup file, I get the following message, Window Title: Money Multiple Disk Backup Message: Please insert the next backup disk. (The disk containing file "".) I was backing up on a different connected single harddrive and there is only one file. The file is not in multiple pieces and on different drives. When I click OK, it doesn't do anything and cancel just stops the process. I even down...

Grouping will not work
I have data in columns A through FG and in rows 1 to 105. I have the months as the column headings, and each Jan-November is grouped to collapse into December using the Group feature on the Data menu. When I go to collapse the view to only display the December columns, after I collapse about 3 of the groupings, excel errors out and tells me it cannot collapse any additional groups because it will have to shift objects off-sheet. How can it be that I ave over 90 unused columns and I am actually making the viewing area less yet still getting tis error. I have tried closing and re-open...

Is this possible within Excel 2000?
Hi, I've used Excel on a get by basis for many years at work, and I'm just beginning to realise its vast capabilities, having viewed several groups which I didn't know existed previously. I subsequently would like to ask if it is possible for Excel to look at the numerical or text content of a cell on one worksheet and then look at a predefined range on another worksheet and find the equivalent cell content and then move the cursor to that cell? This has me stumped presently. Thanks in advance for any assistance. J.J. To actually move the selection, you'd need to use a litt...

Excel -> Access Import Bizarreness

How do you check out a file from a link
I have received a link to an excel file stored in a SharePoint library. When I open the file the option to 'check out the file' does not appear at the top of my screen. This function does work for a word document in the same library. Please can you advise. Thanks With your browser, go to the Library where the document is located and check out from there. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 16/04/10 15:44, Tracey T wrote: > I have received a link to an excel file stored in a SharePoint library. When > I open the file the option to 'check out the fi...

Excel 2000 fail to open workbook

Excel prints some sheets very small
When I try to print multiple sheets of the same workbook at the same time, one of them (a different one each time) prints very small (about an inch tall) in the upper left hand corner. I am printing from a network file but I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not. Please HELP!!! ...

M2003 Deluxe not responding when I try to do tax work
When I try to go into Tax Estimator and click on a link there, or look at tax reports, M2003 Deluxe freezes. What is the fix? It may well just be that you have to wait longer. Have you tried that approach? My 2.2 GHz P4 takes the better part of a (not responding, 100% CPU, hourglass, et al.) minute to get into Tax Estimator on M04. (And then the text rendering is trashed besides.) M03 was no faster. "dutchman001" <dutchman001@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:uKHHC9I0DHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > When I try to go into Tax Estimator and click on a link there, or ...

How can a value be converted to words
Is there a fromula if I have a total i.e. 123 to be converted in words i.e. One hundrd and twenty three automatically. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213360 or http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html tj "Azar" wrote: > Is there a fromula if I have a total i.e. 123 to be converted in words i.e. > One hundrd and twenty three automatically. ...

EXCEL 2007 acting up
j$ = "THIS MACRO WILL ERASE THE SECOND & THIRD SET OF DATA" + Chr$(13) + Chr$(13) Using EXCEL 2007, I get an error with the line above as a macro. It does not recognize CHR$. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Not for me it didn't. Check for MISSING references in Tools>References, uncheck them if there are any. -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F63F6E95-AF0A-4927-B337-99B5C48B92B1@microsoft.com... > j$ = "THIS MACRO WILL...

problems loading excel documents
When I try to open up an excel document via my documents it says that the same document is open already how can this be stopped Tina First try the standard fix(es)......Tools>Options>General uncheck "ignore other applications" OR Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space before the / mark). You may have to enter your full path to excel.exe....in that case surround with quotes as in..... "C:\mypath\to Excel\somewhere\excel.exe" /regserver Gord Dibben XL2002 On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 09:16:14 -0800, "Tina" <TinaSCovell...