Convert to CSV file

I am trying to convert Excel file format to pure CSV format. I saved it as .csv, but when I open it again, it still appears as in Excel form with the cells and so on. How do I convert it to get it in pure CSV form with the commas and so on? Does anyone know how it can be done or if this is possible?
0
adelkoh (2)

Hi!

You probably have converted it. Try reading the file with a tex
processor (e.g. Notepad) rather than letting Excel open it.

Al

Hi there

If you open the csv file in a text editor such as Notepad
then you will see that Excel has saved it in pure csv
format. If you are not happy with the way that Excel does
things then save the file as a csv the change the file
extension to .txt and then open it in Excel. This will
invoke the import text wizard.

Hope this helps

Paul Falla

0
paul_falla (99)

merging .PST files #4
I made a huge mistake.... In restoring my .pst files I attached to the incorrect one and now i have a lot of information in the incorrect one that I need to have moved to the correct one. Providing I even know what the correct one is...then there are emails still on the email server that need to be downloaded also. Can someone please walk me through what I need to do to clean up this herendous mess! Please? Thank you Before we waste a lot of time giving you instructions that may or may not apply, start by specifying your Outlook version and decide which PST file you'd like t...

Graphics and attached file in e-mail activity / quick campaigns e-mails
Hi. We have migrated from Siebel to MS CRM 4.0. We are happy with the decision, but very disappointed by the default options on e-mails, especially e-mails in quick campaigns: - Graphics cannot be inserted, e.g. a company logo - A file, e.g. a PDF, cannot be attached Can anyone help with a workaround, or any tips on a third party add-on / tool that can expand the functionality in CRM? We have tried deferent workarounds: - Export the targets e-mail addresses to Excel. Design the e-mail in Word, and send the e-mails from Word via the Excel list merge. That solves the graphics issue, but...

How to get XML data out of an XML file

in excel how can we put formula to convert numericalfigureto word
for example : in excel i have mention 25000.00 in numerical amount , i want to know how can i convert in next colum , about word ?/; How can i put formula to make the numerical in to words like 25000 in numerical to twenty five thousands in word. There is no direct functions to convert this. For a VBA solution check out the below links http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360 http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "excel" wrote: > for example : > > in excel i hav...

Multiple PST Files #2

Money 2006 file repair application error

What is the MS Best Practice for positional files to XSD schema?
How do I get a positional flatfile from cobol (shown below) and create a Schema based on the positions below in vb.net? 'ERROR-TYPE-CDE Positional length =(2) 'ERROR-NUM Positional length =(10) 'COGGA-FLD-REQUEST-KY Positional length =(10, 0) 'COGGA-CUST-ACCT-KY Positional length =(10, 0) 'COGGA-ACCT-STAT-DESC Positional length = (8) 'COGGA-DISPATCH-DTE Positional length =(10) 'COGGA-DISPATCH-TME Positional leng...

How can I convert a timeline to be vertically oriented?
How can I convert a timeline to be vertically oriented? Microsoft says it's possible on a few web pages but I can't find instructions. Which version of Visio are you using? Randall Arnold "Sherry" <nowhere@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ut%23cPHX1DHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How can I convert a timeline to be vertically oriented? Microsoft says it's > possible on a few web pages but I can't find instructions. > > Visio 2000 "Randall Arnold" <rgarnold@cathartis.com_> wrote in message news:#pEeMyY1DHA.1272@TK2MSFTNG...

Application hanging on file load...
Okay, I'm having the strangest problem, and I'm hoping somebody here will be able to give me an idea of how to attack it... I have an MFC application that does some networked communication, multi-threading, fun stuff... I also load and save xml configuration files. Now, on most of the computers I've run my software on, I have absolutely no problems. On SOME boxes, however, whenever I use my menu to try to load or save a file... before the File Dialog box even comes up... the application hangs. All the boxes I've tried this on have been Windows 2000 boxes with Service Pack 4....

can't open files

Where did my file and edit category button go?
Go to Tools > Customize > Commands Tab > Categories > Built-in Menus and drag the two missing commands to your toolbar. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "JStud" <JStud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CDB953A-263A-4DC6-B95C-64B25D93176F@microsoft.com... > ...

Unable to restore Money file in MM 2006
Greetings once again all... Recently I have had to restore my computer and am now not able to use the money file I previously backed up, no matter what I try. It either asks me for a password or when I do manage to open the money file by clicking File>Open and browsing for the backed up money file, it constantly asks me for my password and when I enter it it tells me that it's wrong even though I am signed in with it in Windows Messenger. And when I do manage to get beyonde the sign in screen it does not display any of my accounts. Could anyone please help? Elaine...

Opening and formating a CSV file?
Could someone remind me how to handle CSV files please? I had assumed the Text Import Wizard would pop-up when I use File|Open, but the data goes straight into the worksheet. (Presumably because it is not 'delimited'?) Without the Wizard at my side, how do I get each comma-separated field in its own column? -- Terry, West Sussex, UK Try renaming your .csv file to .txt Terry Pinnell wrote: > > Could someone remind me how to handle CSV files please? I had assumed > the Text Import Wizard would pop-up when I use File|Open, but the data > goes straight into the worksheet...

convert text in excel to uppercase
Is it possible to convert all text in a workbook or on a spreadsheet to all uppercase? In VBA Editor Sub MakeUpper() Dim MySht As Worksheet, MyCell As Range For Each MySht In ThisWorkbook.Sheets For Each MyCell In MySht.UsedRange.Cells MyCell = UCase(MyCell) Next Next End Sub "elaine" wrote: > Is it possible to convert all text in a workbook or on a spreadsheet to all > uppercase? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "elaine" <elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> s...

I can no longer convert my files to pdf

Outlook Data Files #4

Backup Excel file

Is there a way to convert OE 03 form templates?
I have a user that has upgraded from outlook 2003 to outlook 2007 and has a form template from 2003 that is in a FDM extension. Outlook 2007 is unable to read this form. Is there a way to convert this form, or will the user just have to create a new form with their new version of outlook? Any information appreciated. Thanks, -AllenK What happens when you try to install the form? Any error message? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.ms...

converting FILETIME into two DWORDS
Hi, i want to extract date and time from a FILETIME structure into two dwords. So that the two dwords contain the date and time info in the same way in which NTFS store the file creation, modification and access date. Thanks. ...

can not move files and folders on vista
hi, I am having problem moving any type of files or folders to different place. I cannot even move a file in my document to a folder in my document. can any one help please. I tried setting the admin but that did not resolve it. I am using vista. However, I can delete and rename files and floders but just can't move them -- lovelacews Not a Windows Live Mail issue. Please post here. Windows Vista General Newsgroup. In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.vista.general On the Web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-u...

Utility (pref. script) to catalog .EDB files
Hi, I have a client that is using an Enterprise backup tool which, whilst able to back-up and restore, does not provide in-depth information like traditional Exchange-aware backup products. I have been asked to write a script to list the users in a flat .EDB file (which has been snapped and copied and flushed using SAN replication tools). I have taken a look at the ESE API, which can only be accessed using C + (I only use VB). Other than EXMERGE, does anyone know of any tools that allow you to list the basic mailbox details on a EDB file? Thanks, Hutton. ...

List folders to file

Creating PDF files in MFC
Hi, I want to create PDF files in MFC. Does anyone know how should I do it? Thanks in advance. Check out the following http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ "Shahoo" wrote: > Hi, > I want to create PDF files in MFC. Does anyone know how should I do > it? > Thanks in advance. > > Here's another to try out: "Shahoo" <shahookamangar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175272390.190193.274530@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I want to create PDF files in MFC. Does anyone know how should I do > it? > Thanks in advanc...