convert hours into minutes

I searched and found a question just like mine but the answer did not work
for me.
here is waht I have:  A1 21:05  A2 22:10  A3 =A2-A1 result 1:05  I want to
convert the 1 hout and 5 minutes to 65 minutes.  Thank you.
0
Tony6013 (248)

Change the format of the cell with the formula in it to [m]. You can do this
by going to Format | Cells | Number. Choose Custom and type [m] in the line
provided
--
tj

"Tony" wrote:

> I searched and found a question just like mine but the answer did not work
> for me.
> here is waht I have:  A1 21:05  A2 22:10  A3 =A2-A1 result 1:05  I want to
> convert the 1 hout and 5 minutes to 65 minutes.  Thank you.
0
tjtjjtjt (488)
9/27/2005 1:47:04 AM
Put in as, in A3: =(A2-A1)*24*60
Format A3 as general or number
--
Rgds
Max
"Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I searched and found a question just like mine but the answer did not work
> for me.
> here is waht I have:  A1 21:05  A2 22:10  A3 =A2-A1 result 1:05  I want to
> convert the 1 hout and 5 minutes to 65 minutes.  Thank you.

0
demechanik (4694)
9/27/2005 1:53:22 AM
Excellent, Thank you.

"Max" wrote:

> Put in as, in A3: =(A2-A1)*24*60
> Format A3 as general or number
> --
> Rgds
> Max
> xl 97
> ---
> Singapore, GMT+8
> xdemechanik
> http://savefile.com/projects/236895
> --
> "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I searched and found a question just like mine but the answer did not work
> > for me.
> > here is waht I have:  A1 21:05  A2 22:10  A3 =A2-A1 result 1:05  I want to
> > convert the 1 hout and 5 minutes to 65 minutes.  Thank you.

0
Tony6013 (248)
9/27/2005 3:01:03 AM
You're welcome !
--
Rgds
Max
> Excellent, Thank you.

0
demechanik (4694)

Why do word docs convert to Publisher via My Documents?
When I open a word doc via My Documents it automatically converts to Publisher. How can I stop this happening? Check your file associations. Sounds like something went wonky. (That's the technical term. :-) ) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Bob of ERA" <Bob of ERA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60205493-FC1E-43B3-AAC2-6AC851F68A1D@microsoft.com... > When I open a word doc via My Documents it automatically converts to > Publisher. How can I stop this happening? ...

Adjusting quantity of hours available for a resource
Instead of having resources be individual personnel, I am trying to set Project up to be a group of people (for a fabrication shop). So, I have X department and Y department. X department can work 40 hours per day Y department can work 60 hours per day 1) is there anywhere to change the quantity of hours available to work per day? 2) is there a way to have MSP'07 not allow an over allocation of the set hours? (or at least change the colors on the ghant chart if there is an over-allocation? thanks -- jonnycinco -------------------------------------------------...

converting TO .docx
Is there a simple, free tool that will convert lots of Word files (in ..rtf format) to .docx? I've found some web-based ones but: I don't like the idea of submitting files to websites, whether I trust the websites or not. There are potentially several thousand of files to be converted, so a batch processing method is essential. Any ideas or recommendations? --=20 Bob http://www.kanyak.com A macro containing the following code will convert all of the files in the folder C:\Test Modify the line of code that contains that folder name to suit where you have the do...

Remove Convert Activity from Appointment
Is it possible to remove the Convert Activity tool bar item from the Appointment Activity Tool bar? I do not see this in the isv,config? Hi, You would need to use OnLoad event of the Form and do some scripting. Use IE Developers Toolbat to find the id of the button, and put buttonId.style.display = 'none'; in Onload event. Hope this helps, Jevgenij "Sixty4" <bradlaw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:71f3cb9c-325d-437e-b562-2d07bc613f06@v1g2000pra.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to remove the Convert Activity tool bar item from the > Appointment Activity ...

How do I convert read only documents to regular documents???
For some reason several of my documents have switched to read only mode. How do I change it back?? See the article "I keep getting files that I am working on locked for editing. Word only allows me to open them read-only” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/LockedFiles.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "ladylola" <ladylola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAB...

Convert Department data
Hello - I have over 300 items that I would like moved from their current Department, "English Radio", to a new department called "Music Audio". I'm aware that I can do these changes manually, by selecting the item in HQ and changing them one by one..But I'm hoping that perhaps there's an SQL query that I can run to perform this task automatically. Thanks, Peter Are you wanting to change all items from the current department to the new one? If you want to change all items that have "English Radio" to "Music Audio," you co...

in Excel 2000 how do I convert text to numbers?
I imported files from Wells Fargo and I want to convert them from text to numbers...so far nothing is working! thanks Jo Dee One method...... Format all as General. Copy an empty cell(also formatted as General). Select range of numbers. Edit>Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc. One other method......... Select range of numbers and Data>Text to Columns>Finish Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:53:06 -0800, Jo Dee <Jo Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I imported files from Wells Fargo and I want to convert them from text to >numbers...so far nothi...

Should I convert from 97 to 03
I have an application created in access 97 that occationally gets errors that exit access. i.e. "... shut down by Windows. Sorry for the inconvenience." I can not figure out what is causing the error. I thought if I upgraded to 2003 that the error would stop. After reading the message boards it looks like versions after 97 are problem ridden. Since the expense of 2003 for 5 machines is a chunk on change and the potential for more problems appears to exist maybe the conversion is not a good idea. Any thoughts, ideas or input would be greatly appreciated. thank you If the 97 ...

How to convert PDF file to Text using VC++ 6.0
Dear Developer / Experts , I am developing an application which required to read PDF file and convert it into txt file . I dont have any idea how to do this. Please let me know if there is any free ActiveX / library to achieve this task. I am using VC++ 6.0 as my development environment . Thanks in advance , Regards , Jignesh Patel [VC++ : Software Developer] This might work for you. Since the full version requires membership this may not be enough, but it's worth giving a look. http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/acrobat/sdk/index.html Tom <jignesh2680@gmail.com&g...

Enter more than 24 hours on Time Card in Portal
In healthcare many time the employee needs to be able to enter more than 24 hours in a day on their time card. Many times the combination of pay codes results in a total greater than 24 hours a day. And Great Plains doesn't have the ability of shift pay codes where the calculation is based on the shift worked and the time card has a shift field that relates back to the pay codes. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message p...

changing the scale from hours to days in the Resource Usage view
My current Resource Usage view shows my resources and the hours allocated for each resource in hours. How can I change this view so that it tells me the allocated effort for each resource in days, as opposed to hours? thanks in advance. Tools > Options > Schedule > Work is Entered In.... - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > My current Resource Usage view shows my resources and the hours > allocated for each resource in hours. How can I change this view so > that it tells me the allocated effort for each resource in days, as > ...

A2K-TOOLS
Hi, i want to create a form to convert several hundreds of A97 dbs to A2K. does anybody know what which routines are behind the Convert to current Database-Version in the A2K-Tools Database Utilities option. How could this be integrated in my form for the convert-loop over the a97-dbs. many thanks f=FCr helping The vast, vast majority of Access 97 databases can be opened in Access 2000 (or any later version) and saved in Access 2000 format. No, I don't have a suggestion as to how you would automate that task. There are, however, some very accomplished Access developers...

Totaling Hits by the hour
I have a dataset with the date and time of my website hits each in seperate colum. I want to create a graph of how many hits I get an hour (currentl beween 0-10) threwout the week. Really I have no idea where to begin. Im guessing I would have t create a graph from a report but how would I make a report like thi from this data -- neuroelectroni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- neuroelectronic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1472 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=2634...

Convert Relative Hyperlink path to absolute
I have a hyperlink field that the user drag's and drops a file into. It seems to be working fine IF the user pulls from the "Public" sector of their machine, but all other locations it's pulling a relative path "..\..\". Is there any way to convert this to an absolute address? ...

Converting from Access to SQL2k via Excel- HELP!!!!!
I have an access db that has grown from a small pup into something that needs to run on a more robust platform. The powers that be have selected a SQL application to take the place of this access database, however, they would like to populate the SQL application with the data that is in the Access DB. In order to accomplish this feat, I must convert the data into formatted, tab delimited text files with the data properly formatted or displayed. I have the format of the files that I must create and I have successfully dumped most of the data, but now I am facing a problem in that I need to c...

Convert Excel records to text documents in arbitary formats
Hi, A newbie here (groan). I need a tool to take data in excel tables and generate text documents with the data rearranged in new forms, eg to look somewhat like mailing labels (but with more data items, like email address). Is there a tool that will take Excel data and generate documents in arbitrary formats? Also, is there a tool to edit column data, eg. the Name field I have is all uppercase, and I wanted to cap the first and make the others lower case (eg: JONES -> Jones), a pain in the ass if done manually. Generally, an editing tool for column data. thanks in advance Don't kno...

trying to convert kbfiltr sample to a class level filter driver
hello, i am using the kbfiltr example from the WDK (7600) as a template for my keyboard filter driver. the purpose of the driver (at the moment) is just to enable/disable all keyboard input. i have got this working by modifying the KbFilter_ServiceCallback so that it drops all packets if required. i need to be able to send the driver IOCTLs from a user app and have got this working as well using this sample. but of course the sample only works for a single ps/2 keyboard and i need it to apply to all keyboards. so, i modified the registry so that the keyboard is installed at...

excel files converted to *.wks upon upgrading to Win XP Pro
Upon upgrading my desktop from Win 98 to Win XP Pro, many Excel files were converted to Works (*.wks) files. Cannot open them using Excel or Word... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "pioneer028" <pioneer028.uw92m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:pioneer028.uw92m@excelforum-nospam.com... > Upon upgrading my desktop from Win 98 to Win XP Pro, many Excel files > were converted to Works (*.wks) files. Cannot open them us...

How do I convert a calendar made in Publisher into a Word document
I just recently finished a 6 month calendar in Publisher, only to be told by my MIS guy at work that it will need to be in Word due to the space on our server. I spent alot of time making sure all of the events were on the right days, but I dont want to have to redo all my work in a Word document. Can I convert my Publisher calendar into Word? "PublisherRookie" <PublisherRookie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87818E75-B846-4458-A195-8DA81983F128@microsoft.com... >I just recently finished a 6 month calendar in Publisher, only to be told >by > m...

euro converter
does anyone know of an add-in to convert euro to aud. the inbuilt converter converts everything to and from but to aud...... go figure!! This site http://finance.yahoo.com/currency?u shows current exchange rates. I don't know of an add-in, but they DIY method isn't difficult. ...

Convert a field to not allow Nulls
How do you do that? I want to require the SIC field to be mandatory. Possible? If you go into Schema manager, you can change the settings for a field to be required. You will then need to publish the change and issue a IISReset. On 22 Jan 2004 07:49:46 -0800, klawson@aetinc.com (KBLawson) wrote: >How do you do that? I want to require the SIC field to be mandatory. Possible? As the CRM admin go into CRM. Click on Home-Settings-System Customization-Accounts-Customize Form. You then need to add the SIC field. Once done you can then go to the properties for this field and click the S...

How do I convert a .pub file to a .gxd file? Or illustrator file?
I need to convert a brochure I have made to a .gxd (quark) or a file that can be used in Illustrator so it can be printed properly. I am using office 2003 with xp pro. Chris_Wall <Chris_Wall@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I need to convert a brochure I have made to a .gxd (quark) or a file > that can be used in Illustrator so it can be printed properly. Publisher documents cannot be converted to Illustrator or QuarkXPress formats, neither is this necessary for proper commercial printing. You can supply your printer with a PDF file; for commerci...

What is the formula to convert a whole column containing date to text?
What is the formula to convert a whole column of date to text? If I am to do it cell by cell, I need to press F2 then put a --> ' in front of the date. Is there a way I can do it with formula? I have tried CONCATENATE to combine column a which contains ' with date 12/31/03. Column A Column B ' 12/31/03 =CONCATENATE(A1,B1) However, the end result I got is as follow. '37986 instead of '12/31/03 Please help! Hi Caine one way: =TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yyyy") where A1 stores your date value. Copy this down ...

Convert QuickBooks time format to excel to calculate
When I export a Quickbooks "Time by Job Summary" report to Excel, the time is converted in a time and date format. If I want to put a dollar amount to that time, it needs to be converted into a number format. I can easily convert the time for anything less than 24 hours using =(D18-INT(D18))*24. How can I easily do that for any time greater than 24 hours? Give some examples of the type of data you want to convert. Are you trying to get the date into one column and the time (in Excel format) in another column, or are you saying that a time of say 5.5 days is showing up a...

How do I convert decimal inches to fractions in excel
Have reports from Cad/Cam "CadCode" with mesurements in decimal inches. would like to convert to fractions ( 1/2",1/4",3/32" ect..) Have formula for 1 cell at a time but whole row ( or whole document) would be quicker Why not just Format>Cells>Number tab>Fractions, "up to two digits"? -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "JTZ" <JTZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:821E5448-BFCE-447F-BA46-847A919D946E@microsoft.com... > Have reports from Cad/Cam "CadCode" with mesurements in decimal inc...