Convert Function Result To Plain Text

I want to copy the result of a concatenate function to another cell as plain
text (cell contents is the textual result not the function statement).  I
can't seem to find the function that does that. Can you steer me to it please.

There is no such a function (think it over: it's impossible), it can be done
with Copy/PasteSpecial-Values!
--
Regards!
Stefi

„"Questor"” ezt írta:

> I want to copy the result of a concatenate function to another cell as plain
> text (cell contents is the textual result not the function statement).  I
> can't seem to find the function that does that. Can you steer me to it please.
How could there exist such a function? It would be again a function itself.
You may record and use a macro however for copy and paste special>values.
--
Thanx in advance,
Best Regards,

Faraz

""Questor"" wrote:

> I want to copy the result of a concatenate function to another cell as plain
> text (cell contents is the textual result not the function statement).  I
> can't seem to find the function that does that. Can you steer me to it please.
I would use Stefi's suggetion.

But you could use:
Select the cell with the concatenation formula
Hit F2 (to edit the cell)
Hit F9 (to evaluate the formula)
Select the text (no longer a formula) in the formula bar
hit ctrl-c to copy it
hit escape to put the formula back

And now you can paste into the formula bar for the receiving cell.

I do use this technique when I want a portion of the string copied or pasted.

"Questor" wrote:

> I want to copy the result of a concatenate function to another cell as plain
> text (cell contents is the textual result not the function statement).  I
> can't seem to find the function that does that. Can you steer me to it please.

--

Dave Peterson
0

SQL statment to convert integer to string
Dear all, I have a select statement "select year from table1" , where year is an integer type. How can I convert the year to string in sql. I have try "select cstr(year) as year-string from table 1". But it is failed. Please help. On 21 feb, 09:48, hon123456 <peterhon...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote: > Dear all, > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0I have a select statement "select year from table1" , wher= e > year is an integer type. How can I > convert the year to string in sql. I have try "select cstr(year) as > year-string from table ...

Using the sum function in a 3 dimension environment
How to Use the sum function in a 3 dimension environment in Microsoft Excel? Need a detailed description for a research paper I am doing, ASAP!!!! Is this what you need? =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet3!C1) If sheet names have spaces use =SUM('sheet x:sheet y'!C1) -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Paul Hargreaves" <Paul Hargreaves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24F4CEEA-3A12-4922-B72B-416A9584EDD6@microsoft.com... > How to Use the sum function in a 3 dimension environment in Microsoft > Excel? > Need a detailed d...

Make text boxes the same height
I have 3 seperate text boxes that are side by side on a report, they vary in height and can grow, I want to put a solid box around each but I want them all to default to the tallest so as they look uniform when printed. I have spent a long time looking at other posts and trying some OnPrint event procedures but with no luck so far. I hope someone can help, thanks in advance Open your report in Design View and right click on your textbox and open the properties. Under the Format tab you will see a Width and Height field. These are the fields to adjust your textbox. If you hold down the ...

Keeping focus on a text box
I have a form on which I'm using my own record selector buttons to move between records. I'd like to use some code to keep focus on a particular text box (ItemNum) when moving between records if ItemNum had the focus prior to moving to the next record. ItemNum is not the default 1st Text box on the form. Any suggestions? Thanks Kevin D "Kevin D." <KevinD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF2CEF17-ADA7-4253-8CDD-DB2AC3DD5117@microsoft.com... > I have a form on which I'm using my own record selector buttons to move > between records. I...

Extract text content from MS office files
Hi, I want to extract text content MS-OFFICE documents like word, ppt, xls... Plz gimme some tips. Regard Jack ...

Query Result Incorrect
I have a query based on a membership table in which I need to pull out all the people who do not have an email address. When I design the query and put "is null" in the criteria field for email address, it still returns names with email addresses. How can I get this query to pull out only the members who do not have an email address? Well what do you have in the columns with no email address? You should have a null but its possible your code puts either an empty string or a space in there. Since an email address should contain an '@' character you could try WHE...

Merge text stacked upon an object into one picture?
I placed a graphic (vinal record disc) then stacked text upon it via text boxes. Can they be merged into one copyable picture? What version Publisher? Group the objects, right-click, save as picture. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Chiefhollis" <Chiefhollis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:901225A7-9A8E-4046-BF7A-5FF17E06CB6D@microsoft.com... >I placed a graphic (vinal record disc) then stacked text upon it via text > boxes. Can they be merged into one copyable picture? It ...

In Publisher 2003, convert endnotes to footnotes
How do you convert endnotes to footnoests in Publisher 2003 How do you automatically place footnoes in Publishr 2003 In WORD its easy, but can't determine how to do it in publisher. If impossible in Publisher 2003 Is there a Utility that accomplishes this?? jerome <jerome@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How do you convert endnotes to footnoests in Publisher 2003 Footnotes and endnotes are both things which don't exist as separate functions in Publisher. > How do you automatically place footnoes in Publishr 2003 You cannot. > If imp...

Date Function
I have two different users, who have the same machines and the same version of office. However when one of the users types in a date; i.e - 10/02/2005, and then goes to format the cell, they can click on a date type that will look like; "*Thursday 10 February 2005". However on the second users machine this function is not present, all they have the option of is; "*10 February 2005". I dont know why it is missing of the day?? Can someone please help me? -- andyb7901 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ andyb7901's Profile: http:/...

Strike through text in Publisher 2003
I'm new to this product- how do I get strike through text? I've tried importing a style from Word but the formatting gets stripped out. Any help appreciated to meet a deadline! Microsoft decided you no longer needed Strike-through and removed it. Who do you think you are questing the decisions Microsoft make in your interest, and secondly, do you honestly really expect software programs from the same company to be compatible - unbelievable if you do and also believe in quality control. -- MSN supports racism and discrimination against indigenous Australians and Chinese. "I...

insert blank line when text changes
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to write a macro or something else... so while scrolling down a list everytime the text changes (in this case a name) a blank line would be inserted. Hi try the following macro. It tests column A and inserts a blank row if the values change Sub insert_rows() Dim lastrow As Long Dim row_index As Long lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.count, "A").End(xlUp).row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 1 Step -1 If Cells(row_index, "A").Value <> Cells(row_index + 1, "A").Value Then Cells(row_index + 1, "A").Ent...

Flashing Text
How can I make a text flash RED when say a cell is negative? :confused: j ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I don't think you can, and why ever would you want to? It would drive people nuts, and is not a good design principle. You could make the background or foreground red by using Conditional Formatting. You will find it under the Format menu. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from t...

COUNTIF function with date range
Is there anyway to use the COUNTIF function with a date range. I'm trying to count each date within a particular month. For example, =COUNTIF(G5:G100, "12/**/03" And this example with the wildcards is currently not working. Thanks. Amy Hi, Try, =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(G5:G100)=12)) Hope this helps! In article <fd8501c43e96$22a9daf0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "Amy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there anyway to use the COUNTIF function with a date > range. I'm trying to count each date within a particular > month. For ...

Converting varying length Vertically-aligned records to Horizontal Rows of list (tabular)
I have a Excel Spreadsheet with Records of books. The fields and data value is entered as the First and Second Column (ColA, ColB). The records are separated by 2 empty rows. Some fields are missing for some records: Some record may miss the 'author' whereas some records may miss some other fields, say ,'subject' AND 'totalpage'. The Objective is to tranform the record horizontally with Each ffield in one column with missing field blanked so that all the field are aligned in a column e.g. colA for 'Title', colB for 'Author' How can we convert varying ...

INDEX-MATCH with cell text driven names
Hi, I've read through a few posts that are close to what I'm trying to do but i can't get it to work. I'm constructing a fantasy F1 spreadsheet while i'm bored off work sick. Sheetnames in workbook DriverSummary, AUS, MAL, CHN, BHR,.....for each round/country of the season. Each sheet race sheet has a column for car number in called AUSarray, MALarray etc. AUSREF is cell A1 on the race sheets My current formula in the diver summary works well and is shown below. I have N() to return 0 when a race hasn't happened yet so that my sum() works. =N(OFFSET(AUSREF;MATCH($A4;AUS...

Problem Posting Batch in Great Plains Dynamics
When I try to post any batch in Dynamic, after a fresh install, I am getting an error The stored procedure glp batch cleanup returned the following results: DBMS:0, GREAT PLAINS:20488 Thanks in advance for any input! Which version of GP you are using ? Did you install any service pack recently ? if so, run special upgrade procedure in the Great Plains Utilities. updates the client compuetrs also with the same SP. BS "ACMEBRAD" <ACMEBRAD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FF4DC96-11AC-4425-B52E-530BDEFF7264@microsoft.com... > When I try to post any ba...

if A1=Null and B1=A1 why is result in B1=0 ??
if A1=Null and B1=A1 why is result in B1=0 ?? because of this I get wrong result for average calculations: average for (6,8,0) <> average for (6,8,null) Use =IF(A1="","",A1) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "WGeorg" <WGeorg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09FCCF25-D0DC-4B1E-BFA1-CEF9A9327C46@microsoft.com... > if A1=Null and B1=A1 why is result in B1=0 ?? > because of this I get wrong result for average calculations: average for > (6,8,0) <> average for (6,8,null) Use this ...

Combining & formatting cells with text
I have imported data from another application, SAP, into a spreadsheet. There are 2 or more cells per row that contain text. I want to combine them into one cell with wrapped text to be able to read easier or I would like to export all of the text cells to Word without having it separated into separate cells in word. Any help would be appreciated. Bob In C1 enter =A1 & " " & B1 Copy C1 and(in place)Paste Special>Value>OK>Esc. Set wrap text on C1. Delete A1 and B1 if you want to. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:28:18 -0800, "Bob" &...

Missing email content, body text, from etc
I have one user on our exchange 5.0 system thats having some weird problems. We have a exchange 5.0 box that handles internal mail. We also have pop accounts with our ISP. In the client (Outlook 2000) I get the pop account to drop all the pop email into the exchange mailbox. Everything seems to be working okay from inside the network. We have another building with computers setup. This computers (XP) have a vpn connection and outlook XP set up the same as it would be on the internal network. Users connect via the vpn connection and then open outlook. It shows their exchange box and also coll...

Looking for help with database functions
I am working with a non-profit rural community development group. We are trying to put together a "database" to put people looking for work together with people needing services. A sample would might be: Joe Blow; [carpenter, woodworker]; free on tues & thur; willing to trade (equal to $10.00 hr); References: Heidi Hoe, 555-5555, John Doh, 555-5555 ext 100 Jane Doe, needing porch repaired and general yardwork, work on your own schedule, open to Barter; References: Seymour Johnson, 555-5555, Ivan Tootall, 555-5555 Winnie Pooh, looking for someone to read news, books, a...

In query how to write group into the same minute? Export to text file?
Hi How can I in a Query write the criteria so that it groups the data from witin every minute? For example many trades that are made in the same minute compressed into that minute (and the analysis will be done in other fields, like: first, high, low, last, sum). And how can I export the result from a query into a testfile? Regards Rolf On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 00:05:00 +0100, "Rolf" <rolfe@algonet.se> wrote: >Hi >How can I in a Query write the criteria so that it groups the data from >witin every minute? For example many trades that are made in the ...

Excel Function for select data which NOT exist from the list
There are 2 data sets are assumed running in A3 and in B3 down, viz.: In A3 down is: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K and L In B3 down is: B, A, H, C, F, I, K, J, H, C and J. The result which I want is to list or select the data which is NOT exist in the second set of data (Col B) when compare to the first set of data. In my example, the result is D, E, G, and L actomactic appear in cell C3, C4, C5 and C6 accordingly. I need an Excel formula to have this result! Many thanks, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200804/1 Try thi...

Sort Function
I use Excel 2007 quite often for lists and other functions that require sorting. When I set up specific sort orders in a spreadsheet those "orders" do not stay with the spreadsheet when I save the file. In previous versions of Excel when I set up a sort order for a spreadsheet and saved the file when I came back to the file at some later time the sort order was still there. With Excel 2007 I have to re-do the sort order every time I open the file again. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your thoughts. Chet OOPS - sorry, messed up, meant to put this in the Excel...

Convert number to text
I have a cell with a number in it 1-10 I want to convert that to text like person1 - person10. I have tried all sorts of formula but not quite got there yet. Any ideas fellas? Thanks in advance. Hi, try ="Person"&" "&TRIM(LEFT(F8,FIND("-",F8)-1))&" - "&"Person"&" "&MID(F8,SEARCH("-",F8)+1,3) "Brookyboy" wrote: > I have a cell with a number in it 1-10 > I want to convert that to text like person1 - person10. > I have tried all sorts of formula but not quite got t...

VBA passing variables through a function
I have a macro Sub TestMacro(X,Y) ....calculations based on X and Y values End Sub By putting the "X,Y" in the macro, does this make it a function. Because when I try to look for the macro using the macro button on the toolbar the function "TestMacro" does not show up. It shows up when I remove the X,Y. Do you know what has changed? Also i this a good way to program, I want to be able to input values for X and Y so I thought this would be good since I wouldn't have to keep changing the "TestMacro". Sub macro1() X = 7 Y=5 Call TestMacro(X,Y) End su...