Convert Excel to comma delimited text #3

Thank you!  That did the trick.

--
deacs
deacs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2321

Auto convert PST/POP to Exchange 2003 mailboxes?
We are about to convert our users from PST files (POP3) to Exchange 2003 mailboxes. As there are several hundred of users, this would be way too heavy to do them all manually one by one. Is there a tool to do this automatically (covert from PST/POP3 to Exchange 2003 mailboxes)? We will upgrade the users Office 2000/XP to Office 2003. TIA Linda On Mon, 30 May 2005 13:50:24 +0200, Linda Lindsez <spamblooocker@hotmail.com> wrote: >We are about to convert our users from PST files (POP3) to Exchange >2003 mailboxes. As there are several hundred of users, this would be >way to...

how many characters i can put into one cell in Excel
If i typed a whole paragraph into one cell of Excel, only a part of para show up in that cell. I tried wrap text, increase the height of the column. Nothing happen. Any one have idea about it or there are some limit to view in Excel in one cell Hi Search for 'specifications' in Help: It says '32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar.' -- Andy. "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:747E6CFE-88D9-4F4C-950E-56F0885C3096@microsoft.com... > If i typed a whole paragraph into one cell o...

Conditional Opening of Excel file
Hi, I have a complex workbook that relies on various SUMIF's from othe reference workbooks. If these aren't open, then obviously the formula don't work. As it's for someone else; I want a piece of VB so that when they *open the main workbook, it checks to see if the ref file is open, and i not, it automatically opens it for them. A bit like this sub worksheetopen '(Not sure where this should go in parent book) if workbook("Referencefile.xls") is NOT open then workbook("referencefile.xls").open endif endsub Any ideas folks?:confused -- Message p...

Suppressing zeros after the decimal point
How can I force zeros to display following a decimal point in Excel 2002? Whenever I type a number, such as 3.200, Excel drops the zeros and only enters 3.2 into the cell. Is there a setting that can be changed to fix this? (Using the "0.00" custom format seems to help, but if I have another number, such as 4.70, which only needs one zero to display, then I need another custom format for that one, and the next one, etc.) If anyone has a simpler suggestion, I'd appreciate it. Thanks! Hi AFAIK you can't achieve this with a custom format. Either you have three decimals or...

From Ms Excel can you directly publish with Ms Word
Hi Rathey than simply copy paste is there anything in Excel similar to MS Access? In MS Access if you highlight a table. Then the Menu bar the office links gives you the option to - -Merge it with Microsoft Word -Publish it with Microsoft Word -Analyse it with Microsoft Excel The second option is a very neat way to get Excel into Word Thanks Jay From Publisher 2003 Help............. Export text Although you cannot export directly from Microsoft Publisher, you can cut and paste all or part of the text in a publication to a document in another application. You can also save the publicatio...

Creating the occurrence frequency chart in Excel
I had a need to put a series of numbers into buckets of size 5. I created the following formula, and "dragged it down" =A1 + IF(MOD(A1,5), 5-MOD(A1,5), 0) I am sure that there is a better way of doing this. Can someone suggest it? Also, I wanted to come up with an occurrence frequency chart for my data. For example if I have numbers 4, 9, 13, 13, 17, 19, 19, 19, then I would like the occurrence frequency chart to plot the following informatiuon in a 2D chart: 0-4: 1 5-9: 2 10-14:2 15-30: 3 Thanks, Song Hi: This will work out the buckets for you. Paste it into the first cel...

access / excel link
i know that i can link excel tables to an access database. can i link an access table to a spreadsheet? -- TomMurray hi Tom, tom wrote: > i know that i can link excel tables to an access database. can i link an > access table to a spreadsheet? You may use Data/Get External Data, but this not the same as linked table. Depending on your needs, you may consider using a VBA procedure (macro) to read the data with a DAO.Recordset and copy it manually into to your cells - you can copy also a complete recordset, see CopyFromRecordset in Excel. mfG --> stefan <-- thanks stefa...

Excel won't let me download anything
When I try to download a message, a tax form--Excel cuts in and changes everything to MACHINE LANGUAGE? ...

Excel 2003
Whenever a colleague updates a spreadsheet I've created it comes back 10MBytes large whereas it was originally only 50KBytes. It looks to me as if the colleague accidentally adds tens or hundreds of thousands of empty rows. How can I delete all rows below a certain row. Delete does not work. Copying the real rows into a new worksheet loses the formatting. When I apply the formatting from the big spreadsheet (paste formatting) I end up with hundreds of thousands of rows again :-( Any suggestions? Tom Selecting all the rows below your actual data. Right-click, delete cells. (this is...

How do I assign a shortcut key to an existing macro in Excel 2003.
ntahall, Alt+F8 to bring up the choose macro box, select your macro, options, assign a shortcut from there -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "ntahall" <ntahall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21B6102C-4B88-4131-A9AC-C48879896A17@microsoft.com... > ...

Default Line Weight in Excel
How do I change the default setting for the "Line Weight" when creating charts - at the moment all of my graphs are created with a very thin line weight & I would like the standard to be thicker.... You can't change the default line weight. However, you can create a custom chart with the heavier line weights and then use that custom chart instead of Excel's defaults. To do so, click once on your finished chart with the heavier line weights. Go to the standard toolbar and select Chart -> Chart Type. In the Chart Type dialog box, select the Custom Types tab. ...

excel charts look drastically different on different computers
When we open excel charts on different computers in our office the formatting looks drastically different (for example, data labels and arrows on charts are in different locations). This is a huge problem because it means that the formatting has to be fixed each time someone opens an excel chart. This was never a problem until recently when some of our staff got new computers and for a short time they were using Office 2007 (everyone else in the office was using Office 2003). We've switched everyone back to Office 2003, but the problem with excel charts persists. When u ad...

a sample question about excel VBA
How can I make msgbox like this? �� there are X sheets of this workbook the first page name is : Sheets(1).Name the secod page name is : Sheets(2).Name �� until to the last page the X page mane is : Sheets(X).Name How can I write this module? Sub WorksheetNames() Dim i As Long Dim strAnswer As String strAnswer = _ "There are " & Worksheets.Count & _ " sheets of this workbook" For i = 1 To Worksheets.Count strAnswer = strAnswer & vbCr & _ "Sheet " & i & " : " & _...

Tables #3
I have created a publisher 2007 document with tables in it but I cannot see the actual table unless I go to print preview. What am I doing wrong? Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mommydi" <Mommydi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3D3BC5E-9CBC-41F6-8420-EF0CC2CFCD4B@microsoft.com... >I have created a publisher 2007 document with tables in it ...

Convert Number To Indian Rupees
Dear Friends, Can anyone clearly suggest me how to convert the Number to Text . I need to convert the Number to Indian Ruppes . Eg :1. i need to convert : 1,57,50,178.10 as Rupees One Crore Fifty Seven Lacs Fifty Thousand One Seventy Eight and Ten Paisa Or One Crore Fifty Seven Lacs Fifty Thousand One Seventy Eight Rupees and Ten Paisa Eg 2.: 1,57,50,178.00 as Rupees One Crore Fifty Seven Lacs Fifty Thousand One Seventy Eight . OR One Crore Fifty Seven Lacs Fifty Thousand One Seventy Eight Rupees and Ten Paisa Pls Give me the programme that i can copy and paste to V.B.Module And run i...

convert numbers to words
Hi all, simple question, how to convert number to words. ex. $ 10,000 ==> ten thousand dollars thanks hi see this site.... http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213360 and this site.... http://www.sulprobil.com/html/spellnumber.html and this site.... http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm yeah....it can get complicated. good luck. regard FSt1 "reza" wrote: > Hi all, > > simple question, how to convert number to words. > ex. $ 10,000 ==> ten thousand dollars > > thanks FSt1... Thanks "FSt1" wrote: > h...

Excel Menus Greyed out
This only happens in Excel XP and a re-install and/or repair don't seem to fix it. All other Office apps are fine. Anyone seen this? Remedy?! ...

Excel cannot open email program.
I often use "file.. send to... mail recipient" to send a spreadsheet as text in the body of an e-mail. I prefer that to sending excel as an attachment, since my recipients may not have excel and usually don't need to see formulas. On my new computer however I get the message "excel could not open the e-mail program" if I try the first option above. Both excel 2002 and outlook 2002 are working fine. I "repaired" office just to be sure. Still doesn't work. Only difference is that the computer came with a trial version of office 2003 which I don...

Open XML File Converter
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Any word on an update to this converter that resolves the "There is not enough memory or disk space to convert this document" bug on SL? I've seen it reported elsewhere so I'm assuming it's a known issue, but can't find any relevant info here. Thanks. On 11/2/09 2:33 PM, in article 59b7fd3a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "elliotcolbert@officeformac.com" <elliotcolbert@officeformac.com> wrote: > Any word on an update to this converter that resolves the "There is not e...

Error 0x800CCC0B #3
Hi everyone. I'm having a problem sending e-mail. I'm using WIN98SE and Explorer/Outlook 6.0. Every time I try to send a message, I get the 0x800CCCoB error message. I tried looking it up in the Knowledge Base, but the only reply had to do with WIN2000. It said it had something to do with the security options in the Account. In my Account toolbox, the Log On Using Secure Pasword Authentication, My Server Requires Authenication, and Outgoing SMPT On This server Requires A Secure Connection boxes are all unchecked. Outlook is acting as if they were. How to fix this so I can sen...

GETPIVOTDATA and Date-type field (Excel 2007)
Data Sample *************** Trip 0346210980 Statement Date 3/24/2010 Description STARBUCKS Date 03/08/2010 LocCurrAmt 3.47 Formula: =GETPIVOTDATA("LocCurrAmt",A6,"Statement Date",DATE(2010,3,24)) Problem: I keep getting a #REF error. When I evaluate the error it's always with the DATE function. Steps I've taken: 1. Confirmed that my date is a number and not text. 2. Tried using the date serial number (40261) instead of the DATE function. 3. Confirmed the GETPIVOTDATA works...

why can I not format a secondary axis in excel x?
Despite being able to graph data on a secondary axis in Microsoft Excel X, I have been unable to format said axis (ie make it start from a value other than zero). No amount of trying to click on and select the axis or the values has helped. Are you saying that double clicking does not bring up the Format dialog box for the axis? Try tapping the 'navigation (arrow) keys while watching the Name box. When it reads Secondary Value.... use the Format menu item to open the dialog box and then open the Scale tab to set the Min and Max values best wishes Bernard "mackie99" <...

Delegate constructor compiles in VB.NET, but not in Excel VBA
I have created a DLL callback through a delegate function. It works fine when the client is C#, or VB.NET. I can't get it to compile in Excel VBA. I have this problem both in Excel 2003 and Excel 2007. The DLL references setting is ok, because when I take the reference out the compiler errors out on RemoteProcess. What am I missing? The snippets below are the dll code, the working vb.net client code, and the failing vba code. =========================================== The remoteprocess class is compiled as dll: =========================================== Public Cl...

Excel Crash
Multiple users here have this same problem that whenever they open a particular Excel file, it gives them a "Send Report Error." Weird thing about it is it doesnt happen in all their Excel files, only happens to some of them. Also tried opening the very same file/s they are having problems with on my machine and it worked fine. I have patched Office (SP2), updated Acrobat Reader, updated signatures, uninstalled/reinstalled Office, and done all the possible troubleshooting on these machines but still error occurs. Any help appreciated, thanks! Isolate the problem as best yo...

How can I type more than one line of text into a cell in Excel?
I am using Excel to organize contact information, names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. I would like all of this information in one cell and in the standard format of: name address phone etc. I do not know how to make Excel accept more than one line of text, unless I cut and paste it from a Word document. Could someone please tell me how to format the cells so that more than one line of text can be accepted in a cell? Hi use ALT+ENTER for inserting line breaks -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "watermark" <watermark@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsb...