Convert *.BMP to Excel shape

Hi there,

I have *.BMP file with freeform outline.

Does anybody know any method to convert this *.BMP to Excel AutoShape?

Of course I can Insert Picture from this file and then make new Freeform
shape using my *.BMP as a template but I need to make about 50 shapes:

Thank you.

0
latpaul (1)

Excel click through
At work I can double click on a cell that is linked to another spreadsheet and it opens that spreadsheet. How do u turn this on? Does it work in office 2000 or do u need Office pro? Keith -- keithgg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithgg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29961 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496590 Try: Tools|Options|Edit Tab uncheck Edit directly in cell keithgg wrote: > > At work I can double click on a cell that is linked to another >...

Excel does not return to previous cell
Hi all, I am running into an problem with my users. We have a Excel 2000 spreadsheet. I know that typically, the sheet/cell that is selected when a user closes the spreadsheet will be the same when a user opens the spreadsheet the next time. However, the problem I am seeing is that the proves true with some users, but not with all users. Some users open the spreadsheet and instead of going back to, say cell A972, it opens to, say cell B4. I would welcome any input on this issue. Thanks, Jeff Averhoff <<<"I know that typically, the sheet/cell that is selected when a user...

Removal of broken Hyperlinks from data copiedfrom a web page in to an Excel Spreadsheet
I have copied over 600 + lines into excel from a web page data base. I have cells which appear as hyperlinks (blue underlined text). When I put the insertion point over the cell, I get the little "hand" and a hyperlink box opens but is blank. I do not want the text in the cells to be hyperlinks nor do I want to open any hyperlinks. I went to the edit menu to select links to remove all but links is grayed out. I can remove each one, one by one, by using the arrow key to move into the cell, doing a right click and select, remove hyperlink. This works, but will not accept multiple...

Limits of Excel 2003
The worksheet have 256 columns. There are some way to increase this columns to 800 Hi no, not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ReneCabrera" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0afb01c4a258$85bdd990$a501280a@phx.gbl... > The worksheet have 256 columns. There are some way to > increase this columns to 800 ...

Hi All, I would like to load an Excel spreadsheet directly into a single table in Oracle. Both the spreadsheet and the table have the same ordering of columns and have compatable data. I am aware that a way to achieve this would be to convert the .xls file into a .csv file and then use sql loader. However, I am interested in doing this in a quicker/easier way directly from Excel, eg. by adding in some functionality and clicking on a new button for loading into the database. We are all able to read from a database in Excel by importing external data. Surely there is a way to change that...

Excel automation to access a workbook
I want to utililze Excel Automation to obtain properties from an Excel workbook. Given path of the Excel workbook, how can I get the properties of a workbook without making the Excel application or the workbook visible. Then obviously close the Excel workbook and the Excel Object after I get the properties Any help with this would be appreciated Here is some code I am using. I need help getting it to work. When I run it, I get an error message "Run-time error '-2147417851 (80010105)' Method 'Open' of object 'Workbooks' failed" I am in a form in Acc...

Custom Error Bars in Excel 2007
When choosing the option to add a custom error bar in Exel 2007 and trying to set the range to a worksheet that does not contain the chart I receive an error in Excel that closes down Excel. The steps I perform are: 1. Click on a bar in my chart 2. Click Layout 3. Click the drop down for error bars 4. Click more error bar options... 5. Choose custom and click specify value. 6. Click to set the range where this is then displayed ={1}. As soon as I change to the worksheet to set the range Excel errors out and shuts down. I have recreated this on more than one machine and the result is t...

How do i convert dates to text but keep the date format
hi, have a series of dates but everytime i try converting them to text a number comes up. How can I convert my dates to text but keep the date format. Please Help In a helper column................ =TEXT(A1,"mmmm-dd-yyyy") You choose the format within the double quotes Copy and paste special(in place)>values>ok>esc Delete column A Or copy and paste special(onto column A) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 13:21:01 -0700, SallyP <SallyP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi, have a series of dates but everytime i try conv...

Excel Invoice
I have an excel invoice that had macros from excel 4.0 when I open the invoice it ask me to enable or disable the macros I hit enable....I need to edit the cells and change some of the formulas around to get diffent figures...but i get an error that says the shaded cells are automatically calculated by excel therefore I cannot edit them I have unlocked the cells and ranges as well as have permission to the invoice but nothing seems to work....Do I need to have access to the workbook if so wouldnt that workbook be on my system so I could do this...??? I got a copy of this template from ...

Problem with Importing .csv into Excel
Hi, I have a csv file with a number of words (probably 1000-2000) separated by the "|" character. I wanted to import this file into Excel (Office 2003 Excel), so that I could get each word on a separate line so I could paste them into a blank text document. The problem is, when I go to import the .csv file, Excel imports each word into a column heading, & seeing as how it is limited to 256 columns, my file is not fully imported. I see that Excel has a 65000 row limit, which is more then enough, but I cannot see a way to get Excel to import each word as a separate row, rather tha...

Convert *.BMP to Excel shape
Hi there, I have *.BMP file with freeform outline. Does anybody know any method to convert this *.BMP to Excel AutoShape? Of course I can Insert Picture from this file and then make new Freeform shape using my *.BMP as a template but I need to make about 50 shapes: Thank you. ...

need to convert microsoft date to yyyymmdd
I have a file in which I concatenate two fields, the vendor and the date. it shows as 40255-3042 I would like 20100318-3042 Here's my formula: =concatenate(O2,"-",B2) Can anyone help me format the date field I am picking up in column O2? =text(o2,"yyyymmdd")&"-"&b2 or maybe... =text(o2,"yyyymmdd")&"-"&text(b2,"0000") To make sure that that vendor is 4 digits, too. pm wrote: > > I have a file in which I concatenate two fields, the vendor and the date. > > it shows as 40255-3042...

Excel Solver Issue
I am trying to use the excel solver and am running into some issues. The solver is giving me results that I know are wrong and I cannot get it to give me the correct results. I am using it to calculate a linearity which is based off of the STDEV and AVERAGE of a group of numbers. The formula I am using is: =TRUNC(SQRT(SUM(($B$2-AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6))^2,($B$3-AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6))^2,($B$4-AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6))^2,($B$5-AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6))^2,($B$6-AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6))^2)/4),0)/AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6) This is basically the longhand version of STDEV/AVERAGE which I have found gives the actual number I am lo...

Problems with formating and formulas in Excel 2002
I am having problems with the sum formula in Excel 2002. I take a straight copy of data in an acess database (not an export) and paste it into an excel spreadsheet. I can not seem to format the cells nor can I use the Sum formula to calculate. If I manually re-type all the numeric value these problems seem to disappear. The problems seem to have started when Access XP was installed onto the PC but niether removing Access no re- installing the PC has worked to correct this problem. Has anyone else seen something similar? Hi It sounds to me like the cells are coming in as text, rathe...

Excel XP crashes when printing, etc.
When I use Excel, there are some functions that cause the application to crash. These include printing, changing font attributes and other common operations. The application error info is: AppName: excel.exe AppVer: 10.0.6501.0 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.1217 Offset: 00033905 I have tried repairing my installation as well as deleting the entire Office XP install and doing it again from scratch. I am running all current WinXP and Office XP patches from the Windows Update and Office Update sites. Any Ideas? Sounds like your print driver is bad. You might check at the man...

excel formula to convert server time in seconds
I extracted data from my server. It keeps a log of time like this 1069255091 (this morning) I converted the data into excel but now I need this cell value to b the actual date and time. Any one have the easy answer ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way =DATE(1970,1,1)+F1/86400 format result as mm/dd/yy hh:mm:ss -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "frogman1001" <frogman1001.x5hub@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:frogman1001.x5hub...

Excel charts #12
I am trying to format the individual labels on the category axis on an Excel chart. I want every other label in a different color and bold. But the entire category axis is formatted. Does anyone have a suggestion? The category axis is years - 1990 through 2005. I want the odd years to be bold and a different color than the even years. When Excel doesn't let me do what I want with a chart axis, I draw my own: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html Use this technique to make two different axes, one for even and one for odd, and hide the default axis Excel draw...

can I import excel cells into word as labels
I am using Office 2000, and I'm trying to import excel data into word as labels. I have one column of numbers(approx. 350 cells) I would like to import into Word as individual labels. can this be done? -- Trial and Error takes too long! Use Mail merge. :) http://www.officearticles.com/word/mail_merge_labels_in_microsoft_word.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "wichita6" <wichita6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E79D3E90-8093-4B9F-B195-DF6C4C54ED0D@microsoft.com... >I am using Office 2000, and I'm trying to import excel data into ...

starting Excel from Command
Hi, Created a XLT workbook which "should" load data from an XML File. In order to do that, I added in my registry a new extension and linked it to Excel... Anyway, I can't figure out the correct command line to set the xml path as a parameter to my xlt file... I already have to function which retrieve the parameters list. In my Shell/Open/Command registry key, I tried this : "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" "/%1" "MyTemplatePath" Where %1 is my xml file path. Unsuccesfull... Please help :( You could saving this in the XL...

Excel formula to list out the info according to criterion
Dear sir, There are 3 data sets is assumed running in A1 down, viz.: In A1 down to A5, are showing a set of date: from 1 to 5 (2007.01.31; 2007.09. 25; 2008.07.31; 2008.10.31 and 2009.05.31) From B1 to B5, are showing a set of account number: 234; 314; 234; 314 and 234. From C1 to C5, are showing a set of outstanding value of account number: $100; $250; $70; $500 and $650. In additional, in the cell of D1 is the beginning date (2007.01.01), whereas D2 is the end date (2008.07.31). In the cell of E1 is show the account number: 234 My question: I want to know how can I set an exce...

I created a spreadsheet in excel & trying to convert it to micros.
spreadsheet was created in excel 2003. I converted it to a 2000 microsoft works spreadsheet and it won't let me do anything. Also all the tab sheets didn't come together, they were in a separate worksheet. It didn't convert as a workbook. thank you -- Angie Trying to stuff a hummer into a mini are we. Won't work. Works is for fundamental stuff only. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Angie" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E51F0854-7F5C-41BD-86EF-DEF6E55A4633@microsoft.com... > spreadsheet was created in excel 20...

Excel Worksheet
Howdy, I am trying to minulipate this worksheet so once I enter data into the form I would like to display the data for each form into a specific cell and then be able to print each worksheet seperatly. Example I enter the 14 bits of information and click the button and each time I enter the info it populates 14 seperate cells on a new worksheet. then I would like to be able to print each work sheet completly with one click of a print button. Can anyone point me in the right direction as these formulas are like a new language to me and I really can't get the picture. ...

Help ! Import Items from Excel or Comma Delimited file
Current user of Quicksell 2000 planning on upgrading. I have never used Quicksell to the fullest extent possible but am planning on using RMS to the maximum extent possible. Local partner familiar to RMS but I from reading it seems you might have so more information to help me and him. When I spoke with the local partner he said it wasn't possible to import price updates yearly from suppliers. I have multiple suppliers for one product I will probably use the UPC for the item number. He said I could import once but would have to manually update the prices each year from the sup...

MICROSOFT EXCELL (XLS)
i need this to access pictures of female friend overseas, please help. its a spreadsheet file, XLS. THANKS! Search Microsoft for excel viewer -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "MATTIAS" <MATTIAS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9B41C07-77B6-4B1A-83AB-AF36E11E4695@microsoft.com... >i need this to access pictures of female friend overseas, please help. its >a > spreadsheet file, XLS. THANKS! ...

Referencing an excel 'cell' value on the shapesheet screen
I have a value in an excel spreadsheet, Test.xls for example at cell 'A1', that I want to use in the PinX field of a shapesheet. How do I reference the excel sheet in the shapesheet window? I tried to use ='Path\[Test.xls]Sheet1'!A1 to do this but it didn't work. Thanks for all your help. Hi Fred, That's a cool idea and it makes perfect sense, but... I know the ShapeSheet looks like Excel, but unfortunately, you can't do this directly. You could write some automation code that might be able to do some sort of linking, but this capability isn't built ...