convert 1.2 miles to meters

can somebody tell me how many meters are in 1.2 miles?
0
crlathem (1)

You can check out the Convert() function in the Help files.

=CONVERT(1.2,"mi","m")

Ans. = 1931.213
--
HTH,

RD

"crlathem" <crlathem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can somebody tell me how many meters are in 1.2 miles?

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
8/4/2005 9:38:57 AM
Multiply miles by 1609.344 to convert to metres (or meters for those the
other side of the pond!!)
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"crlathem" <crlathem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can somebody tell me how many meters are in 1.2 miles?

0
roger5293 (1125)
8/4/2005 9:39:35 AM
=convert(A20,"mi","m")

where A20 holds the value in miles

--

HTH

RP

"crlathem" <crlathem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can somebody tell me how many meters are in 1.2 miles?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
8/4/2005 9:45:04 AM
If you have the Analysis Toolpak add-in installed you can use the CONVERT
function:

=CONVERT(1.2,"mi","m")

This gives the answer 1931.2128

Andrea Jones
http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk
http://www.stratatraining.co.uk
http://www.allaboutclait.com

"crlathem" wrote:

> can somebody tell me how many meters are in 1.2 miles?

Easy 1: WebBrowser Control
Hi, I've been using an MS WebBrowser control for a while in my MFC application but just got hit with some frame-based web pages. It looks like I can specify a target frame with the Navigate() method (webbrowser2.h) but it doesn't seem to work the way I expected. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp? url=/workshop/browser/webbrowser/reference/ifaces/iwebbrows er2/navigate.asp According to this, the 3rd parameter will take a user- defined frame name but I get a "cannot convert whatever to VARIANT *" error when I complile. Here's the line: m_web_explorer....

Converting from PFS File data
Is Access capable and successful program to convert data- files from PFS File? Used to happily run my mental health practice in Cheshire, CT on PFS programs and I have some data-bases of clinicians/providers whose info I need to bring into the 21st century. Help, please. Thanks. Herb Rosenfield wrote: > Is Access capable and successful program to convert data- > files from PFS File? Used to happily run my mental health > practice in Cheshire, CT on PFS programs and I have some > data-bases of clinicians/providers whose info I need to > bring into the 21st century. ...

convert #2
I have my checks on version 6 of quicken. It's backup file is qdb. It wouldn't run in this new vista machine so I bought the 2009 version. It says in black and white in a hard to find instruction that it has changed format and will not import my old files, it uses qif. I returned it and got my refund check today. How about that? My question. If ms money will import my old files, I want to buy it. If it will not, I don't want it. I have been looking and can not find anywhere it says one or the other. Glenn In microsoft.public.money, Glenn wrote: >I have my checks on ...

excel wont open file #2
I am trying to open a excel file, but a message comes up saying th file is corrupt ,is there anyway i can open i -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Text size #2
Hello friends, is there a way to change the default text size and the font for the incoming emails in OutlookXP, the email format is set to HTML with Word as the email editor. Appreciate your help. Thanks. ...

Outlook hangs at startup #2
All machines on the network have been working properly. Yesterday, 3 Windows XP Pro had Outlook 2000 hang on opening. The splash stays up with the Outlook window behind it but closes after about 1+ minutes. Sometimes it just hangs and I have to end program because it shows that it is not responding. I receive no error messages. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it on 1 machine with the same results. I looked at at the processes when starting Outlook and Outlook.exe starts and then goes to 0% after a few seconds. I have done a complete virus scan with nothin found using the lat...

"Rules in Error" #2
I have set up folders with rules in my inbox, to have emails from specific users go directly to specific folders. It seems that somehow a rule must have gotten corrupt and now it no longer works, instead I gets this message each time I opens Outlook (and sometime when the messages are coming in.) It is an error message, "Rules in Error", the rule "Server-Requested Client Action", the error "Move Copy, Unable to create dest msg." I've gone into the modify section of the "Organize" feature, and removed all of my rules. However the problem still exist...

convert soft line breaks to new cell
I need heeeeeeelp!!!! I need to export my outlook contacts into Excel in order to do a big mail merge for a third party. When i export my contacts folder, if I have more than one address line in the "Address" part (e.g. top line has "Building Name", second line has "number and Street Name") it puts both lines into the same cell in excel with a line break. This causes problems when I send it to someone else for printing onto labels etc. Is there a way in Outlook to force it to export each address line to a new cell or a way in excel to convert the soft breaks w...

why RegQueryValueEx return 2?
long ret0=(::RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_CURRENT_USER,data_Set, 0, KEY_READ, &hKey)); ret0 is ERROR_SUCCESS but next long ret1::RegQueryValueEx(hKey, "LangType", NULL, &type_1, sType, &cbData_1); ret1 is 2 why?? of course I contained the name of the value "LangType" > long ret0=(::RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_CURRENT_USER,data_Set, 0, KEY_READ, &hKey)); > >ret0 is ERROR_SUCCESS >but next > long ret1::RegQueryValueEx(hKey, "LangType", NULL, &type_1, sType, >&cbData_1); >ret1 is 2 >why?? >of course I contained the name ...

Vista Service Pack 2 (KB948465)
I keep getting prompted to install this "important" update - KB948465. It successfully instals and then sometimes within a few minutes but usually a day later when turning on PC, I get a prompt saying new updates are available and it's this one again (same number). Are these all different patches that need installing (as I continue to do) or is this a problem that's causing the same patch to reoccur continually? Ian UK wrote: > I keep getting prompted to install this "important" update - > KB948465. It successfully instals and then sometime...

Topics on Electronics #2
Electronics is the field of manipulating electrical currents and voltages using passive and active components that are connected together to create circuits. Electronic circuits range from a simple load resistor that converts a current to a voltage, to computer central-processing units (CPUs) that can contain more than a million transistors. The following indices and documents provide a basic reference for understanding electronic components, circuits, and applications. http://electronicstopics.blogspot.com/2008/10/welcome-to-world-of-electronics.html ...

combine text from 2 cells HELP! PLEASE!
I have text in cell A and Cell B. I would like to add the text in cell B to the end of the text in cell A while seperating them with a | (pipe). One way: =A1&"|"&B1 or if you want spaces on both sides of the pipe: =A1&" | "&B1 HTH, ryanb. "John Adams" <johnadams@comcast.net> wrote in message news:nk17sv0h9j37coum79h30ac071gr7o8jdt@4ax.com... > I have text in cell A and Cell B. I would like to add the text in cell > B to the end of the text in cell A while seperating them with a | > (pipe). > John, Try a formula like ...

Printing modified CreateDate field in header reverts back
i create a new document. I insert a CreateDate field in the document. Then I create a header, and insert another CreateDate field there. I save the document as a template. I open a new document based on that template. I modify the date in the document (not deleting the whole field but just changing the day from today to last week). Then I go to the header and change that date in the same way. When I go to Print Preview, the date in the main document stays as I typed it, but the date in the header reverts to the create date (today). Does anyone know why that happens? An...

Crop Marks #2
I'm printing admittance tickets 5 rows X 2 columns per page. 4.5x 2.2 page size. Using the business card template. I have used advanced settngs to request crop mark but none are printing. Can anyone offer a suggestion, please. Thanks for your help. Lee You will not get crop marks if your publication fits the page. The only work around would be to use a lesser amount of tickets per page. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lee Hunter" <LeeHunter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Quicken 2004 conversion #2
I had the same problem. I can convert an older 2003 file but it is not current. My Quicken 2004 file will not convert. >Subject: Quicken 2004 conversion >From: "JohnW" jandjwilloz@cox.net >Date: 9/13/03 8:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time >Message-id: <031501c37a5b$7acd66c0$a401280a@phx.gbl> > >I had the same problem. I can convert an older 2003 file >but it is not current. My Quicken 2004 file will not >convert. > > > You CANNOT convert from Quicken 2004 to ANY Money year thru the Money converter. I suggest you convert from your last Quicke...

Entourage Error Message #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I try to open Entourage i get the following error message. YOU DO NOT HAVE WRITE ACCESS TO THE ENTOURAGE FOLDER. TO RUN ENTOURAGE YOU MUST HAVE THE ADMINISTRATIVE REMOVE THE IDENTITIES FOLDER FROM THE APPLICATION FOLDER. I also get the following error when running Word or Excel. THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE OFFICE DATABASE. I have tried to repair the database but the database repair option errors. I have also re-installed Office and upgraded to Office 2008-1212. Any help would be great. Thanks "David_T@o...

Automatic "Mark as read" for 1 folder?
I'm using Outlook 2002 (SP-2). I also use Qurb, a whitelist, to automatically direct spam out of my InBox and into a separate "Qurb" folder. Is there some way I can create a rule that when a message goes into the Qurb folder it is automatically marked as read? "T. Wise" <terwise111@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23dX0GakSEHA.3012@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook 2002 (SP-2). I also use Qurb, a whitelist, to > automatically direct spam out of my InBox and into a separate "Qurb" folder. > > Is there some way I can create...

Convert general to Time
Here is my data- i need to convert it to time format.. Any help would be appreciated 1:00:05 PM 1:00:10 PM 1:00:17 PM 1:00:37 PM 1:00:44 PM 1:00:47 PM 1:00:50 PM 1:00:55 PM 1:00:57 PM -- Let go, Elevate your life Brent Hauver www.sagehealthstore.com Select your range and Edit|replace what: : (colon) with: : (colon) replace all Format it as you like. Brent Hauver wrote: > > Here is my data- i need to convert it to time format.. Any help would be > appreciated > > 1:00:05 PM > 1:00:10 PM > ...

Can't convert Money 2004 file
I just installed Money 2005 deluxe. It won't convert my 2004 file. I even tried installing on a second computer and it still won't convert. I know the 2004 file is fine as I worked with it earlier today. What am I doing wrong? I've used Money for years with no problems. In microsoft.public.money, kittykatsmeow wrote: >I just installed Money 2005 deluxe. It won't convert my 2004 file. I >even tried installing on a second computer and it still won't convert. Do you get an error message such as incompatible version? > I know the 2004 file is fine as I work...

combining certain parts of 2 money files
I have money installed on my laptop and my desktop. I downloaded data from bank several months ago onto laptop and now I need to move to the desktop. (Gone from bank sever) I saw post on combining 2 files, but can you extract only certain tranactions from a certain account and move it to another file? I'm using 2005 premium. ...

Mailbox Manager not working #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C6378F.2E16B950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have a rather stupid question. Once a week, I get an email from the sytem (included below), telling me = that the Mailbox Manager did nothing. How do I get it to actually process mailboxes? Is there an option somewhere that's turned off ? The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing = mailboxes Started at: 2006-02-18 00:10:29 Completed at: 2006-02-18 00:10:30 Mail...

Emulate Out of Office Assistant in a rule? #2
I want to be able to emulate the OoO assistant in a server side rule, specifically I want it to only reply once to each recipient. Currently we have several customer service and tech support mailboxes that have server side reply rules that reply with a template directing them to our website for support. However, this rule EASILY gets caught up in loops to the point where I have to check it daily and turn off the rule temporarily to break the loop. I would use the Out of office assistant on the mailboxes, but the subject text "Out of Office:" seems to be static which wouldn...

NDR #5.1.1
When I try sending an email or using the Out of office assistant, within our Exchange organization, to forward my emails to a specific and perfectly valid third party email address an error message is being generated: " Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: info. Sent: 10/28/2003 5:45 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: username@aol.com on 10/28/2003 5:45 PM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <...

Unable to launch Outlook 2003 from IE 6 #2
I am trying to send an email from ie using the File>Send>Page by email OR Link by email and I can't even get Outlook to launch. Anyone have any ideas??? Aloha newbro2@gmail.com, What happens when you try? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > I am trying to send an email from ie using the File>Send>Page by email > OR Link by email and I can't even get Outlook to launch. Anyone have > any ideas??? > ...

Popping the drawer without printing a receipt #2
I'm trying to figure out how to pop the cash drawer on a sale without printing a receipt. I do a lot of transactions where a receipt is not required/requested. Thus far, no receipt has meant no opening the cash drawer, requiring me to keep the key in the drawer for manual opening. Does someone know how to get around this? Thanks! What type of printer are you using and are you using OPOS or a Windows driver? If you are using an EPSON and Windows, I have set this up at a 4 chain convenience store before. Rob "SubSpirit@gmail.com" wrote: > I'm trying to figure out h...