Conversion of Works Spreadsheet

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to open a .wks document in Excel.  I have multiple documents e-mailed to me in .wks, but do not have works on my computer.
0
anonymous (74722)

"DonnaD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...
>Can anyone tell me if there is a way to open a .wks document in Excel.
>I have multiple documents e-mailed to me in .wks, but do not have
>works on my computer.

See

http://google.com/groups?selm=ucFvGIuSEHA.3448%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl

0
hrlngrv (1990)
6/8/2004 7:22:55 AM
Donna

See Ken Wright's response in this google search thread.

http://snipurl.com/6xkw

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:16:02 -0700, DonnaD

>Can anyone tell me if there is a way to open a .wks document in Excel.  I have multiple documents e-mailed to me in .wks, but do not have works on my computer.

0
Gord

Filter by form not working
When I use the filter by form option, I do the drop down arrows, but I see only the values Null, and NOT NULL, whereas the text says I should see a list of items in that column. Why I am not getting it? Thanks "Milind" <Milind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3E22142-B57A-4246-8488-2E38F3C773F2@microsoft.com... > When I use the filter by form option, I do the drop down arrows, but I see > only the values Null, and NOT NULL, whereas the text says I should see a list > of items in that column. Why I am not getting it? Thanks If the number of distin...

How to tell microsoft that Excel Union Operator doesn't always work
What is the best way to report a bug to microsoft? Cell A1 through F1 contain the colors red, blue, green, yellow, pink, purple Cell a2 contains green Cell b2 contains =or(a2=(a1:f1)) as a control shift enter array formula. Cell c2 contains =or(a2 = (a1:b1,d1:f1)) CSE Cell b2 works fine, but cell c2 does not work. Seems to me that the Union operator (which is a ,) should work but does not. "UncleBob" <UncleBob@microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:Ox4vAj1PEHA.2236@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > What is the best way to report a bug to microsoft? > > Cell A1 th...

Re: Conversion from 123 to Excel
I just want to give a public thanks to all the people that give advice on here that is given to me and others on these boards. Because without this help I wouldn’t have been able to convert the last company’s report from 123 to Excel. You folks on here are awesome. Thanks again Steve ...

hyperlinks in outlook 2003 do not work
Hi. Since installing Outlook 2003, I cannot link to sites that have the address in the emails. None of the "Link" buttons work. I have tried "Resetting Web settings" & look at the info that "Sue" from Mircosoft has given, but to no avail. I click on a link & a box comes up saying "Locate Web browser". I have also installed MYOB Accounting & cannot even open that. Can someone help. This is SOOOOOOO frustratiiong, as I tried to update to make it easier (Costs big $$) & all I am getting is a headache! Regards, Rob J When it says '...

custom filter does not work correctly
I have a worksheet with one column contains a list of codes in each cell. The list can be longer than 256 characters. When I tried to use the custom filter to filter this column, it does not seem to display rows containing what I was looking for correctly. In the column, the codes is listed in a comma delimited list like aaa, bbb, ccc, ... If I tried to use the custom filter to look for a code that exists on some rows beyond 256 characters, Excel will not display these rows. Only rows that the code can be found in the first 256 characters will be filtered. Is this a limitation of Excel...

Out of Office Assistant Auto Reply not working
The out of office assistant does not send a note to anyone outside of my network. Using Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server. Auto Reply is sent to anyone that is local on my network but does not send outside. Any suggestions? Automatic replies to the internet are disabled by default in Exchange 5.5 and later. Check wth your Exchange administrator to see if he/she is willing to change this. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0a6f01c3d3b4$300761b...

Works Publisher 2000 to Office Publisher 2003
My old computer had the P2000, I now have the 2003. The P2003 is not recognizing my 2000 files. How do I correct this. Ditto for Works "generic" database to Office Access 2003 You mention Works which makes me wonder if you are thinking that Home Publishing is the same thing as Publisher. It isn't. Could this be the problem? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tutu" <Tutu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4BA0555-0DB4-42F2-B8C2-F0F08F29999A@microsoft.com... > My old computer had the P2000, I now have the 2003. The P2003 is no...

Archiving not working properly.
New to this Outlook stuff so be gentle... Partner has Outlook 2000 a/c which is getting slow and beginning to lock up, presumably through a lack of attention to archiving. I understood that the main pst could be up to 2gig in this version but am not sure if, when the user also has the archive folders showing in the folder list, the size of the archive pst has to be included in an overall 2gig 'working margin'. I ask this, because when I tried to 'shave the inbox' a year at a time say, I found that the archive.pst only filled up to 738695, and then seemed to stick even ...

Lookup function doesn't work
I am using a lookup function to compare the results in sheet1 column 1 to sheet2 column 2 and return the results of sheet2 column2. The function seems to work for the first few entries, but then returns the wrong results for some of the other entries. I am using "=LOOKUP(A7,Sheet2!$A$2:$A$16,Sheet2!$B$2:$B$16)" and it is copied down a column of text/numeric entries in the first sheet. Has anyone else had problems with this? Thanks. -- Frank L Are the values in the lookup_vector i.e. "Sheet2!$A$2:$A$16" in ascending order ? -- Rgds Max xl 97 -- Please respond, in new...

Working With Charts
I have created "Cash Withdrawal" as a payee to account for ATM cash withdrawals from my checking account. I am able to call up a report about this "payee" in the Reports Gallery. But I am unable to customize the report and make it a chart. How can I make a line chart of my cash withdrawals? Line Chart is not an option for the Payee Spending report. You can, however, use the Account transactions report to create a line chart and only the select the one payee. "David Lingenfelter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06d401c39d0d...

execute method doesnt work
I have two Custom webpages both of them uses Current user information to get details about their opportunity. Both of them using Following code. One of the page works fine but otherone does nt. I dont know whats wrong with the second page. The code that it is using is below. service = new CrmService(); service.Url = "http://<server>:5555/mscrmservices/2006/crmservice.asmx" service.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials; WhoAmIRequest userRequest = new WhoAmIRequest(); WhoAmIResponse user = (WhoAmIResponse)service.Execute(userRequest); on...

excel spreadsheet
I've added an excel spreadsheet to a publisher document. How do I get rid of the grid lines? THANKS. Can't you do the formatting in Excel? Did you insert as an object? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "brendak" <brendak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BD0CBEC-A2BA-4536-BD6A-A9DA3733B678@microsoft.com... > I've added an excel spreadsheet to a publisher document. How do I get rid of > the grid lines? > THANKS. I finally inserted it as an object in a text box -...

Working time and days
I would like to be able to caculate working time when the cell format is 4/1/2005 6:40:26 AM (not seperated into date and time) Cell A1 dd/mm/yyyy h:mm:ss (First Day) Cell A2 dd/mm/yyyy h:mm:ss (Last day) Working hours would be 8:00 to 17:00 Public holidays need to be taken out too The result should be working days hours and minutes or just hours and minutes, so that Saturday, Sunday, public holidays & between the hours of 17:00 to 8:00 to the next working day would not count. I've tried using: =((NETWORKDAYS(A1,C1)-2)*9)/24+TIME(17,00,0)-B1+D1-TIME(8,00,0) But I think this ...

Conversion from PDF
Hello When I attempted to create a .pps slideshow (I have PowerPoint of Office 2000 Premium - under Vista ) using a pdf file with simple "cut and paste" of photos and paragraph, 30 frames totally, I obtained a 49 MB (.pps) file against a 2,4 MB (.pdf) file. I added only a midi file (16 KB) and the same background for all the frames. What can happen ? There is a way to analyse the content of the new pps ? Thank you turigen Are you copy/ pasting from Acrobat Reader? Did you use the snapshot tool? -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT ...

Outlook Connector Not Working
Getting the following error.. Have de-installed/re-installed both the connector and outlook a couple of times...any suggestions... Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Application Version: 12.0.4518.1014 Application Timestamp: 4542840f Fault Module Name: StackHash_942c Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385 Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdb3b Exception Code: c0000374 Exception Offset: 000cdcbb OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 942c Additional Information 2: 942c67ae768f62718e8b8755256a5a74 Additional Information 3: be05 ...

Vlookup not working to merge workbooks?
HI, I have 8 workbooks, each with one work sheet containing an identical column A then the next three columns in each contain unique data that I want to combine from all 8 based on column A. I'm using the following formula: =VLOOKUP($A1,'A2 AlleleReport.XLS'!$A$1:$D$100,1,TRUE) Although I've opened and linked all the files using connections it doesn't seem to be working? Initially Excel opens up a box for me to browse where the linked file is (once I've put the formula in the first workbook), I click it, but then it refers to $A$1 of my 1st workbook t...

With start-up my printer automatically re-prints all work. Why?
I have a new OKI B63000 printer and every morning with Windows Start-Up, my printer automatically re-prints all my day's work, needlessly wasting a lot of paper and toner. I imagine there is a command somewhere for this. How can I stop it? Might look in scheduled tasks. How To Schedule Tasks in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308569/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Andry C" <Andry C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D092C731-CE6D-403A-B7B3-6C3C57C2F92D@microsoft....

Cross-Reference Dialog Box No Longer Works Right
This is a change in Word 2007 from previous versions, and it's starting to drive me crazy. I often insert a cross reference to a "numbered item" - normally a heading. You can do with keystroke shortcuts or by clicing "Cross-reference" in the "References" toolbar. The problem is with the little dialog box that pops up at this point. Its main window shows, in outline form, all the headings in the document, and I then pick the one to which I want to insert a reference. Except ... it doesn't. The main window in the dialog box OMITS all the ...

vlookup not working (active)
I have a random problem with vlookup that I've not been able to figure out. Sometimes when I try to lookup a value on a different workbook using vlookup, the formula disappears when I swich to the other workbook. I'm wondering if this has something to do with the format that the workbooks are save in. To work around this problem I end up having to copy the worksheet from the other workbook and paste it into the workbook I'm doing the vlookup in. This works, but is rather annoying. What causes this problem, and what's the solution? If the =vlookup() formula disappea...

Excel 2003, cannot save a spreadsheet.xls
User gets an Outlook e-mail with a spreadsheet attached, she opens in in Excel 2003 and it opens just fine. She clicks on File>Save As>hourglass spins for "hours" and it does not save. Have checked for "over quota" on the domain by deleting items from My Documents and the Desktop to no avail. -- remleys_west ...

Julian to Gregorian date conversion
how do I convert jualian date to gregorian and back in access 97, preferably by not using VB Code if possible. What is the format of your Julian date and why the aversion to code? Tommo wrote: >how do I convert jualian date to gregorian and back in access 97, preferably >by not using VB Code if possible. -- HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro Please post back to this forum so all may benefit. Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200707/1 On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:32:07 -0700, Tommo <Tommo@discussions.microsoft....

Moved spreadsheet changed link path
I have a spreadsheet that has 20 links that are to other worksheets within a directory. The main file is on a network drive that is known as P:\ in our environment. My client has linked these 20 other worksheets using P:\Finance within the main file. To troubleshoot a separate issue, I have copied the file locally to my c:\ drive. Now all 20 links are referencing the path c:\Finance. The folder path is the same as the network drive, however instead of P:\ it changed to C:\. Any idea of why? The hyperlink base in the properties of the file is empty. Any suggestions? If yo...

Embedded File Opening upon opneing spreadsheet
I have embedded files within my spreadsheet, and the if I change worksheets and then go back to the worksheet with the embedded files then all the embedded files open automatically. Is there an option somewhere that is causing this to happen? ...

Why does this not work (selecting a date) ?
SELECT CDate((Month(RecordDate) & '/' & Day(RecordDate) & '/' & Year(RecordDate)) AS RecDate This converts 8/31/2007 to 8/1/2007 Works fine for me with 2003 SP2. You omitted a closing parenthesis. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "mscertified" wrote: > SELECT CDate((Month(RecordDate) & '/' & Day(RecordDate) & '/' & > Year(RecordDate)) AS RecDate > > This converts 8/31/2007 to 8/1/2007 Where is the missing parentheses? I count 4 opening and 4 closing??? "KARL DEWEY" wrote: >...

Inserted Controls do not work once Saved
I am creating a form with textbox controls and date control. They work fine until I save the document then the controls seem to disappear. Has anyone had this problem before and what is the solution? I have copied the form and re-created the controls, but once again upon saving the form the controls go away. HELP Which version of Word are you using? Note that if you are using Word 2007, inserting content controls, and then saving in Word 97-2003 format, content controls will be converted to static text. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "LRay67" <...