Controls resize when clicked

In Excel 2002, activeX controls such as command buttons,
combo boxes, check boxes and option buttons will display
inaccurately until they receive focus. Fonts and symbols
used in the control often appear distorted until clicked.
For example, with the combobox, the dropdown arrow
appears scrunched. With command buttons it looks like the
height and width are both increased by 1 when clicked and
then the button returns to the wrong size when another
control receives the focus. This occurs on multiple
machines running Office XP, with and without service
packs 1 and 2 installed. The problem does not occur in
Excel 97.

This is a weird and annoying little glitch and I would
love to hear about any possible solution.

Why, when I click a form in the Nav Panel....
.....Does it open in Datasheet view? This particular Form, when clicked in Nav Panel, would open in Form View. I added a tab control, and since then it opens (when clicked) in the datasheet view. Any ideas how I can get this to stop? I swear, the people who made this are truly trying to drive me insane, and it's starting to work! In Design view, check Foirmat/Default view. It probably says Datasheet. "markmarko" wrote: > ....Does it open in Datasheet view? > > This particular Form, when clicked in Nav Panel, would open in Form View. I > added a tab control, ...

Charts should not be resized when deleting rows/columns.
If a row or column that passes behind a chart is deleted, the chart shrinks in size corresponding to the width of the row or column that was deleted. The same is true when inserting rows or columns in the area where a chart is, except that it grows. This is very annoying. The only workaround I know of is to move the chart away from the rows/columns which will be deleted before deleting them. There hasn't been a situation yet when I've been happy the chart resized itself. I suggest that charts retain their dimensions regardless of when happens with the sizing of the rows/columns...

Tab control like in the new IDE of microsoft
Hello, Someone knows if exist some control wich implement the tab control like the one that the new ide of microsoft (.net) is using or if we need to implement one custom control? if yes then does anyone knows one already made? Thanks Nuno There is nothing which will work identical to the one in IDE. Look at codeguru/codeproject for some samples. You can buy it from Dundas, Syncfusion etc. CFolderView class in MSDN/MSJ worked just like VC++ 6. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Nuno Esculcas" <nesculcas@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:38f0f14e.0408021...

How to insert a realplayer G2 control into a rich edit control?
I try to insert a realplayer G2 control into a rich edit control but failed. There is only a blank rectangle. Please help here. +++++++++++++++code begin+++++++++++++++ CTestEmbedActiveXView *pView=(CTestEmbedActiveXView *)GetActiveView(); pView->GetRichEditCtrl().ReplaceSel(_T("begin insert a realplayer activex control.\n")); LPSTORAGE lpStorage=NULL; LPOLEOBJECT lpObject=NULL; LPVIEWOBJECT2 lpViewObject=NULL; LPDATAOBJECT lpDataObject=NULL; RECT rc; rc.left=0; rc.right=300; rc.top=0; rc.bottom=100; BOOL bResult=m_realplayer.Create(NULL,_T("realplayer wnd&...

Moving Controls
Hey NG, i'have a MDI-Application with Dialogs placed in as FormViews. One FormView moves his Controls dynamical with .MoveWindow. The Problem: When the Dialog is scrolled to an other position and the controlls move their position too, the coordinates where from the active part of the dialog. So all controll were on the wrong place. Do you have some advice, who to place the with absolute coordinates ? Thanks Pete Peter Meier wrote: > Hey NG, > > i'have a MDI-Application with Dialogs placed in as FormViews. > One FormView moves his Controls dynamical with .MoveW...

TAB Control + Dialogbar dialog box
Hi I am using VC++ 7.0. I am having a tab control which display dialog boxes. I didnt used property sheets. Now I want to change the color for the tabs and dialogs also. Currently if I change the color of the dialog box and switch between two tabs the background doesnt get erased. I do I change the color of the dialog and tab buttons ? ...

Ability to track open rates, click through rates, and forwarding r
Looking for CRM Add-in or alternative Email program compatible with CRM that provides the ability to track open rates, click through rates, and forwarding rates of emails. ...

Controlling Chart formatting
Going mad - don't know if it is a general Excel chart problem o specific to Macs (or my MAC?) Various charts I have put together seem to change format at will usually when I save the file or print it. Changes are usuall restricted to font sizes of chart/data labels, sizes of text boxe and sizes of pies. Not even consistent - for example a shee containing 6 pies (printing on one page) will change the format an display of 2 or 3 of the pies but not the rest even though all ar derived from the same original so have the same formatting an options Any suggestions gratefully received Apologi...

Getting a single RTF document from multiple RTF controls
Here's a follow-up to my "Concatenating Rich Textbox Controls Into A Single File" message. I didn't get any useful responses to that message, so I assume that there isn't a direct way to create a single RTF document from multiple RTF controls (using MS Rich Textbox control 6.0 in Access 2000). So here's the method I came up with. Create a temporary RTF document from each control; open Word through automation; create a new doc and then use Insert File to insert all the temporary documents into the file. That should work; but I'd prefer to not have to open W...

Unable to resize Navigation pane in access 2007
This ability to resize the navigation pane has become disabled. Is there anyway to reset it to default settings? Can you not just drag it? -- Build a little, test a little. "SJ" wrote: > This ability to resize the navigation pane has become disabled. Is there > anyway to reset it to default settings? > > > . > ...

Problem with clicking on cells
I have a problem with Excel. When I single-click on a cell, it won't release it, and if I move my mouse the other cells get underlined, and I have to close Excel and reopen it. That's always happening. What can I do? -- Gabriel B ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Gabriel B's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7540 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500433 Next time that happens hit the F8 key and see what happens! HTH JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------...

Classes within a control
HI, can anyone help me out here. I have used an activex (SSUltraGridControl) control on a dialog and I then added a member variable of type CSSUltraGridControl. At this point I selected the classes within the control that I required. I now wish to utalise the CSSSelected class (which was not originally chosen) within the control and I do not know how to get it into my project. I have tried creating another project and included the entire CSSUltraGridControl classes in it and then copy the SSSelected.h and SSSelected.cpp files into my working direcotry etc by I get an error saying ...

resizing te button ??
hi .. i need help for how to resize the button that is placed in a form.. for example wen i maximize r wen i strech r drag the form te button placed in the.. also need to be moved.. along with the form i.e it should resize it.. i have done a done as given below... m_bmpBtn1 -> my button name i have placed it in a form.. m_bmpBtn1.LoadBitmap(...); ..... and Onsize() if(m_bmpBtn1) { CRect rcCtrl(0,0,0,0); m_bmpBtn1.GetWindowRect(&rcCtrl); ScreenToClient(&rcCtrl); rcCtrl.right = rcClient.right - 20; rcCtrl.bottom = rcClient.bottom - 20; m_bmpBtn1.MoveWin...

How to recreate context menu in CEdit control for Vista?
I am trying to disable the Cut and Copy functions of the standard Context Menu for a CEdit control. I have derived my own CEdit class with an override of the OnContextMenu() function. From examples in this group and from other places on the net I believe I know how to create my own Context Menu. The question is how do I replicate the other options of the default Context Menu such as "Right to left Reading order", "Show Unicode control characters" etc... -- Best regards, FlyingHorse "FlyingHorse" <FlyingHorse@invalid.local> wrote in message news:r29r63...

How do you resize the font in a drop-down menu?
Data Validation lets you create drop-down menus in a cell. this is great, but I cant ge tthe font in the drop-down any bigger. It is tiny. help tjb9866@hotmail.com hi, in design mode, right click the combo box then click properties. find and click fonts on the left side. on the right side click the small gray box that appears. inlarge the font here. >-----Original Message----- >Data Validation lets you create drop-down menus in a cell. this is great, >but I cant ge tthe font in the drop-down any bigger. It is tiny. > >help > >tjb9866@hotmail.com >. >...

right click in CTreeView
If i left-click in a tree view the TVN_SELCHANGED event passes the correct parameter to its procedure to help you calcluate the handle for the HTREEITEM selected. But I want to right click and add a context menu but I cant find an event that passed the correct parameters to its procedure, the NM_RCLICK procedure seems to pass the correct parameter but it does not seem to containt the correct value. Any ideas? "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F839DB94-0BC8-4050-8BD9-771C6B4A2ABA@microsoft.com... > If i left-click in a tree vi...

Control the Workflow to auto "Complete the Task"
Hi, We are using InfoPath 2007, Sharepoint 2007 and Sharepoint Designer 2007. We have an InfoPath form running in an approval-type workflow that requires an digital signature before the task is allowed to complete. The problem with this is that it creates a situation where the user has to sign the form AND remember to edit and complete the task in SharePoint. When the user forgets to open the task and click on the "complete the task", the workflow never advances. This is very annoyance to our users. Is there a way that the either in the workflow or upon clickin...

Control Charts
I need to create a control chart. I have no idea how to do this. I'm looking to create a chart that can distinguish between variation in a process due to common causes and variations de to special causes. I need to show an upper control line, a control line and a lowe control line. And then show where my data is between these lines. ex say I am aloud a max. of 20 keying errors and the standard min is 2. O monday I make two erros, on tues I make 10 and on wednesday 4. I nee to chart these differences and show lines for the min. avg. and max -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum...

After add Stylus into your Windows CE 5.0 image and it does not appear in your control panel.
Hi, I work with Plaftform builder for Windows CE 5.0 a I executed these steps From catalog I Add - ..\User Interface\Touch Screen [Stylus] - .\User Interface\mouse the I click on sysgen to recreate the nk.bin image I download the image but I cannot see the stylus icon into control panel Thanks in advance Ruggero Bandera Do you have BSP_NOTOUCH set? -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman Eurotech Inc. www.Eurotech.com "Ruggero Bandera" <ruggero.bandera@cjb.it&g...

#Name? Error on Unbound control
I've got an unbound text box on a form that is showing a #Name? error. I can't figure what would cause that. Anyone? "Grip" <grip@cybermesa.com> wrote in message news:9fd89919-8e78-4a2a-ac74-8ab3450b2787@z41g2000yqz.googlegroups.com... > I've got an unbound text box on a form that is showing a #Name? error. > > I can't figure what would cause that. Anyone? What is the name of the control, and what is its Control Source? -- Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html (please reply to the newsgroup) ...

Outlook seems to save what I click on

resizing And Moving Controls At Run Time
Hello All, Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on a form at run time, by Drag and drop or resizing borders using the mouse events. (Just like the design mode but the user will use it at run time on form view). Thanks in advance... Developer wrote: >Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on >a form at run time, by Drag and drop or resizing borders using the mouse >events. (Just like the design mode but the user will use it at run time on >form view). The simple answer is yes. Here's some **simple minde...

SM Bus Controller
SM Bus Controller, In Device Manager it says no driver is installed for this device. What is it and how do I fix it? -- Joe From your mobo manufacturers site or PC Maker if large OEM, egg Dell / HP, or Laptop "jvmjr52" <jvmjr52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27CFE350-E519-4D7B-98A8-137D3E753CCF@microsoft.com... > SM Bus Controller, In Device Manager it says no driver is installed for > this > device. What is it and how do I fix it? > -- > Joe Got it fixed. Thanks -- Joe "DL" wrote: > From your ...

Derived a class from a Control and put it into a Dlg
Hello, Newsgroupians: In regards to a previous post, I am now working with CFormView, and I'm enjoying the flexibility and robustness of the document / view architecture although I'm rather new to it. I've a question that's been plaguing me though. The CFormView class creates a dialog resource for me, which I like. However, I have a class that is derived from CButton that I would like to add to the form. CPSButton is the button's class name. Currently, I am adding it programmatically. Is it possible to add a button to the canvas and tell the program, "Yea...

Edit Box Display Control
I have a dialog-based app, and I want to have a read-only edit box to display changing output(when the user hits a button, the displayed numbers change in the edit box). Can I change the background color of the edit box, or should i just draw a rectangle and write text to it to control the background? Thanks, Matt Just change the readonly style of the editbox. Take a look at the CEdit::SetReadOnly() method. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "matt" <bonmatt10@cs.com> wrote in message news:c2838b8f.0312281100.2574e9ef@posting.goo...