controls look strange after install of 2003

I've just upgraded from office 2000 to office 2003, I have a document with
specifically formated controls that was created in 2000  (mostly checkboxes)
after the install of 2003, all of the text appears drastically thinner, and
some of the checkboxes do not now have enough room to display the whole text,
however, the text displays exactly as it should only when the control has
FOCUS, when focus is removed it reverts to the incorrect display. This is a
multi-user document with some user's using 2000 and some 2003 I want all
users to have the correct display of the control boxes. Note this does not
affect cells, only controls eg, checkboxes,labels etc.. embedded in my
worksheet
0
Ben1 (161)

Microsoft Money 2003
I have been using Microsoft Money 2003 almost every day for years without problem until this weekend. Like others, I was locked out of my file and receive the message: “The sign-in name you entered is not associated with this file.” I have tried restoring from the backup, but this gave the same error. I have tried the procedure suggested at: Article ID: 902466 but this requires a password to repair the file and so is useless in this case. I have tried everything at: Article ID: 891338 without success. I see that back in 2004, PC World published an article about when all users ...

Easy Control question..
I have a dialog with some controls... and each control is linked to a member variable, such that i can the control value (eg a CEdit), and the linked member variable will change. How do i do the reverse? That is, at runtime i want to change the control. Say I have a CEdit with a member variable m_CEditVal. If I go m_CEditVal = "sdfsd", the CEdit does not update. How do I do this? "hamishd" <Hamish.Dean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157275706.966396.172990@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... >I have a dialog with some controls... and each control is linked to a...

Newbie question about Ex 2003
Hi to the Gurus amongst you, sorry about the length of this but I feel the need to fill you in with the scenario before I ask the questions. I have just got a new job with a global company. I used to work at a school before with two domains and about 800 users. I have installed and maintained Exchange 2002 at the school. The new company wants to get better organised with their e-mail. They are not running any form of Exchange, they have Linux servers with their own portal and a couple or three W2k servers (Don't know yet which service packs are installed). They are using Outlook...

Creating Control with multiple comboboxes
Hello, I am using MFC VC6 and I am trying to create an activex control which contains multiple combo boxes but I am at a loss where to start. Does anybody know of a simple sample that could point me in the right direction. Thanks, Shaun Shaun wrote: > > Hello, > > I am using MFC VC6 and I am trying to create an activex control which > contains multiple combo boxes but I am at a loss where to start. Does > anybody know of a simple sample that could point me in the right > direction. > > Thanks, > Shaun The wizard sets up a skeleton ActiveX control project...

Outlook 2003 01-22-04
Is Outlook 2003 supported with CRM 1.2? I can't find that it's not, but I'm using 2002 and am not having any problems. Another user here is using 2003 and he gets one error after another (when trying to promote email, trying to create an appointment, etc...). Outlook 2003 is supported with CRM 1.2. Matt On 22 Jan 2004 06:36:40 -0800, klawson@aetinc.com (KBLawson) wrote: >Is Outlook 2003 supported with CRM 1.2? I can't find that it's not, >but I'm using 2002 and am not having any problems. Another user here >is using 2003 and he gets one error after anot...

RMS Installation
We recently acquired a new client (single location outdoor mercandizer) with an existing RMS installation. One of our first tasks was to install a new workstation and add RMS. Upon installation on the desktop, I can connect to the SQL database on the "server" with Store Operations Administrator, but NOTHING happens with Store Operations Manager except a dialogue box stating it can't hit the database. How do I point SOM to the database???? Thanks in advance for the help!!! Symmessooner in SO Administrator - File/Configuration Make sure you log into Windows as an admi...

Moving email folders, accounts, rules etc from Outlook 2003 to 200
Please would you be willing to help me [a raw beginner] to retrieve email folders, the emails in the folders, accounts, rules etc from harddrive with Outlook 2003 and Windows XP, and move them successfully to new laptop with Outlook 2007 [Windows 7]. So far I have 1. searched for all pst files on old harddrive and copied all of them to memory stick using another XP laptop. Could not successfully do with the new laptop due to "access" issues. 2. imported pst files to outlook 2007--contacts folders arrived, calendar arrived, some of inbox, some of deleted, some of sen...

Multiple Installation Question
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3294564435_42315548 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I participated in the free upgrade of MS Office 2008 from purchasing Mac Office 04.. I noticed when I received the software I was only given 1 Product Key... I�m getting ready to upgrade to a new iMac and was wondering if I was going to run into a problem installing the software on the new machine since I was only given 1 Key instead of the ...

12-24 hour delay in receiving messages in Outlook 2003
Outlook 2003 appears to be holding my incoming message for a few hours before delivering them to my mailbox. Here are the details: When I first open Outlook 2003 in the morning, I get all my overnight email. I will then get a couple of email messages during the day, but not all. When I go to another machine at 5 pm, I find messages that were sent to me, for instance at 1 pm, but which Outlook 2003 had not delivered to me on the first machine by 4:30 pm. On the first machine, if I use Outlook Express, all my messages come to me immediately, so it seems like it is an Outlook 2003 ...

Outlook 2007 Keeps Prompting for Password (Exchange 2003)
Sorry if this post came through twice. ***** Friend, I'm using Outlook 2007 to connect to Exchange 2003. Everything is working well for the most part but for some reason Outlook periodically asks me for my username/password. The problem persists even when I click the "remember username/password" checkbox. I don't understand why this is happening. Outlook and Exchange are both on the same LAN so it's not like I'm losing my connection or anything. What's causing this? It usually happens if Outlook has been open but inactive for a while and I try to do something l...

Strange Problem in Inventory
I post this message every couple of months in hope that someone new will see it or someone else has ran into the issue. Tech support has not been able to find a solution for it yet. When we receive items and receive more than the Purchase order was for the item's on order quantity changes to a negative amount that equals the over received amount. In our industry it is common practice to allow over or under 10% variance in quantities shipped so this is a large problem for us weekly as it throws off the PO generator when it is ran. The only thing that fixes the issue is to run reconci...

Chart labels do not print in 2003
My spread has several sheets and two of these have eight graphs on each - all sized to fit on one A4 page per sheet. Since i have upgraded to Excel 2003 from 2000, some chart titles no longer print. I have upgraded my printer drivers and also tried this on other Excel 2003 machines, and they have the same problem. However, if i go back to an Excel 2000 machine it prints fine. The report is distributed to users of both versions. Any ideas how to fix this? I don't really have a guess. Have you tried it on different printers (if you have them available)? If you create a small test work...

Outlook 2003 messages with attachments hang
When I open an email with an attachment in Outlook 2003 Symantec will scan the attachment and Outlook will wait for 30 seconds before trying to open it again. I want the messages scanned, but it doesn't take 30 seconds to do so. My outlook 2000 clients do not have this problem and their attachments are scanned. Can I configure Outlook to wait 1 to 2 seconds before trying again? >-----Original Message----- >When I open an email with an attachment in Outlook 2003 >Symantec will scan the attachment and Outlook will wait >for 30 seconds before trying to open it again. ...

Outlook 2003 Cached Mode
When using Outlook 2003 in cached mode with Exchange, changes to the Outlook Address Book are not updated. If a user is added, removed, or changed in the address book, that change is not reflected in the Outlook 2003 client. Doing a manual Send/Receive/Download Address Book/Full Details does not work. The only thing I have found that works is to remove all the *.OAB files from the user profile. ...

What ODBC Driver for XL 2003?
Hi there, can anyone tell me if there are updated ODBC drivers for XL 2003? The reason that I ask is because when I set up a data source that points to an .XLS file, you can only select up to Excel 2000. When I view the spreadsheet in MS Query, some of the cells that contain data in the spreadsheet are blank. I don't know what installed MDAC and the drivers. Either SQL Server 2000, Visual Studio 6, VS .Net 2003 or MS Office 2003. The driver version is 4.00.6019.00. "Gorge Bush" wrote ... Unfortunate name. > can anyone tell me if there are updated ODBC ...

Sum of calculated controls in footers
I have a report with the following groupings: 1.) Claimant 2.) Group 3.) Carrier in the Claimant footer I have the a control named max_ded with the following calculation =Max([Ded]). I need to be able to sum this field at the "group level", and then sum the "group level sum" at the carrier level. I have tried to sum(max([Ded])) and I get error messages. I have tried Sum([max_ded]) etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Edit control
Hi, I have a dialog window to display as modal, in the dialog , there is a edit control, the focus is in edit control, I want to catch the enter key when user press enter in edit control, but the dialog close when I press enter key(I donot want to close the dialog). How can I catch the enter pressed message in dialog? Thanks Jessie Hi Jassie, Note that any time you press enter and if the focus is in an edit ctrl the CDialog::OnOk() func will be called. If you override CYourDlg::OnOk, it means that this func will be called, and, of course, it contains the call of CDialog::OnOk. Hence, y...

Installing eBanking
Hello, Has anyone had issues installing eBanking? I "successfully" installed directly from the GP disk to test in the Fabrikam company, but have get/change errors when attempting to use it in GP. It looks like a series of tables and stored procs need to be built in the company databases (e.g. ME_EFT_SETP/ME147204, ME_RM_EFT_MSTR/ME147214, etc), but I have not been able to find any documentation directing me to this install routine. Thanks, Dan "Dan" wrote: > Hello, > Has anyone had issues installing eBanking? > I "successfully" installed...

I have recently bought a new computer with Vista Home Premium, but my Publisher 2003 will not load as it states there is no Windows XP or 2000 running. Quite right, but do I really have to buy the 2007 version? As a UK charity we have bought the Student 2007 office version - is there a student version of Publisher 2007? -- Mark Ward Senior User Try installing in safe mode. Do you get an error other than there is no XP or 2000. Publisher 2003 should install on Vista. List of system requirements for Microsoft Office 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822129/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT ...

What can stop a PC from displaying Access 2000/2003 text & background colours?
Can anyone suggest a reason why a specific Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop should be unable to display any of the text or background colours on an utterly basic test form with only a couple of text boxes and no VBA code on an otherwise empty test database? The problem also happens with an application of mine using Access 2003 runtime - but only on this PC. It runs fine on several other PCs. I have applied every available Windows XP Home update and every available Office 2000 update to no effect. The laptop (set to 32-bit colour) can display digital colour photographs without any problem and ...

can I install outlook for my moto droid?
I bought a motorola droid phone and was told that there would be a way for me to sync my GoDaddy account to the phone via outlook, is this possible? "mgue79" <mgue79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:201E7B3C-D222-4A78-8C2F-92F2C4ACCAF2@microsoft.com... >I bought a motorola droid phone and was told that there would be a way for me > to sync my GoDaddy account to the phone via outlook, is this possible? Whether or not you can sync with Outlook will be up to the sync software that came with the phone. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Why Excel 2007 not responding after saving
I have reinstalled Excel 2007 (Office Home & Student) but it is worse. Now having problems even opening files. If I click on a cell it pauses for ages and then says it is not responding. Try looking for help here: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-gb;8753#tab3 "Xandersmum" wrote: > I have reinstalled Excel 2007 (Office Home & Student) but it is worse. Now > having problems even opening files. If I click on a cell it pauses for ages > and then says it is not responding. ...

Lebans tooltip control 10-28-07
I am trying to use the tooltip control on a form with a tab control, on which are the other controls I want to show information for. On controls that are outside the tab control, it works fine; on controls inside the tab control, the tooltip shows on text boxes only when they have the focus, and on check boxes not at all. I've tried every naming scheme for controls I can think of, without any luck. Anybody have any ideas about this??? Is it the same problem as using a subform???? I am using ACCESS 2003 -- Jack Walsh ...

printer Installation
I am trying to load an Epsons SX515W wireless printer .the OS iam using is windows 7 .Dose anybody now if there are any drivers fro this yet -- regards On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 13:53:01 -0800, johnno <johnno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to load an Epsons SX515W wireless printer .the OS iam using is >windows 7 .Dose anybody now if there are any drivers fro this yet You're asking in the wrong place. The Microsoft webpage can be confusing and may have misled you; this group is for questions about the database software Microsoft Access. I'd co...

Receipt print strange characters on Vista
Hi All, We run Vista business with RMS. The receipt printer is an Epson TM88 clone and on both printers it randomly prints strange characters all over the receipt. It sometimes come up with an error 'unknown error - retry or cancel' but not always. We have never had any problems on XP so I don't know if this is Vista related or not. The supplier of the printer suggested we download the latest OPOS drivers which we have done without success. Has anyone else seen or had this problem? Thanks Matt ...