Control End After the Sheet is Modified

Hi,
I use control end a lot to go to the bottom right corner of my big sheets.
If you delete rows & columns of data it no longer goes to the right hand of
the data. Is there any easy way to navigate to the end of the current data?
End and down arrow doesn't work if there are gaps in the data.

Thanks for looking.

Paul

0
Paul297 (622)

You should use <Home> <End>
Kassie

"Paul" wrote:

> Hi,
> I use control end a lot to go to the bottom right corner of my big sheets.
> If you delete rows & columns of data it no longer goes to the right hand of
> the data. Is there any easy way to navigate to the end of the current data?
> End and down arrow doesn't work if there are gaps in the data.
>
> Thanks for looking.
>
> Paul

0
Kassie (262)
2/18/2005 1:41:13 PM
In '03 what works for me is Ctrl+arrow key. This does require more than one
shot depending on how many empty rows/columns exist between occupied cells,
but it is the quickest way I've been able to come up with.

Hope this is useful |:>)

"Paul" wrote:

> Hi,
> I use control end a lot to go to the bottom right corner of my big sheets.
> If you delete rows & columns of data it no longer goes to the right hand of
> the data. Is there any easy way to navigate to the end of the current data?
> End and down arrow doesn't work if there are gaps in the data.
>
> Thanks for looking.
>
> Paul

0
CyberTaz (411)
2/18/2005 2:27:02 PM
Paul

After deleting......deleting, not clearing..... the excess rows and columns
you must save the workbook to reset the used range.

In some versions you must save and close then re-open to see changes in used
range.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 05:05:02 -0800, "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>I use control end a lot to go to the bottom right corner of my big sheets.
>If you delete rows & columns of data it no longer goes to the right hand of
>the data. Is there any easy way to navigate to the end of the current data?
>End and down arrow doesn't work if there are gaps in the data.
>
>Thanks for looking.
>
>Paul

0
Gord

Formating Sheets made in Code
Hi. I have a quick question. I have a workbook that makes new worksheets and renames the tabs based on a value in a column in sheet 1. I got this code from Ron here on this discussion group and it works great. He pointed me to http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm and I used the "create new sheets from unique values" code. What I would like to do is after these new sheets are created, apply a consistent formatting to all of them. The formatting is extensive and I currently have it on one worksheet named "FormatForSheets". I would love to be able to apply this form...

Control Code
If I had a Button what On Click code would I need to increase the date 1 day The text box [tbStartDate1] Thanks for any help.....Bob Hi Bob, A simple Me.tbStartDate1 = Me.tbStartDate1 +1 will do Regards Jacob "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:Ot$CfjbxHHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... | | | If I had a Button what On Click code would I need to increase the date 1 day | The text box [tbStartDate1] | Thanks for any help.....Bob | | Thanks Jk havent heard from you for a while, Its my bet this year on the Mel Cup , we go 1/2s ;) Bob "JK" <...

Balance sheet Formula #2
Hello everyone. I got the template from MS for the blance sheet but I ran out of space on the template. Does anyone know what the formula would be in Excel 2002. I want to show Recevable, Payables, and Current balance like the template at the bottom somewhere. Thanks, Tom ...

data entry and saves it to sheet 2
Basically I need a simpler data entry with submit button and saves it on the sheet 2. I have 2 sheets: 1st sheet would be entry fields that I would enter data on, such as: Account Number, Company Name, Product, etc. after entering those fields I would just hit 'submit' or 'enter' then it says on Sheet 2. I really would like to impress my boss... so your help is much appreciated. :) thanks Saved from a previous post--you'll have to change your addresses: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim historyWks As Worksheet Dim inputWks As Worksheet Dim nextRow As Long...

How do I read text file in an EXCEL SHEET
Hello, With regards to EXCEL how we read the text file in EXCEL sheet using MACRO. The file is located in d:\Sql\Documents\Amit\log.txt. I want to save the EXCEL sheet, and every time when I open this sheet it reads this text file and displays the contents of this text file in Excel Sheet. I want to use MACRO for reading this text file.How I do that? Thanks Amit fileName = "D:\Sql\Documents\Amit\log.txt" Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=fileName OR Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=fileName, Origin:=xlWindows, StartRow _ :=1, DataType:=xlFixedWidth, FieldInfo:=Array( _ Array(0,...

Listbox Control Array?
How can I make a control array or group or something where I can have two groups of ten list boxes on a form that have the same names but different index numbers for referencing? You build the collections yourself: '********************* Option Explicit Dim SomeLists As New Collection Dim OtherLists As New Collection Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() SomeLists.Add Me.ListBox1 SomeLists.Add Me.ListBox2 SomeLists.Add Me.ListBox3 OtherLists.Add Me.ListBox4 OtherLists.Add Me.ListBox5 OtherLists.Add Me.ListBox6 End Sub Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim i As Long For i = 1 To 3 ...

Exel 2002 freezes when opening sheet
Hi Have office XP, windows XP pro, latest service packs. When opening a word or exel document from the file/Open menu and select previous documents opened at the bottom of the menu the first time it takes forever and freezes the machine while waiting, after that it will open OK. Regards Grant ...

using IF
Ok here is one for you. I posted this on another group, with no success. If you can help PLEASE respond. I sell items on ebay. I have learned how to create a few spreadsheets, and am using my new found knowledge to create logs of items I am selling or have sold. I have two sheets in my book that I am trying to link together in a way. If I list an item on ebay, and it does not sale, is there a way to have a cell realize this, and automatically take the name of this item, and put it into the next blank cell in the column, so I&#8217;ll know to relist it? I have TONKA TRUCK in ...

ethernet controller issue
hi, i posted previously but need to clarify. my device mgr indicates no driver installed for my ethernet controller (NOT the ethernet adapter) as well as the video and audio controller (i can't hear sound from my media player either.) it seems that the controller and adapter are two different things - the ethernet adapter is above the ethernet controller in the device mgr, but only the controller has a yellow question mark (shown as under 'other devices.') along with the audio and video controller. i understand that an ethernet controller has two other names: a &qu...

Subformss, Tab Controls, and Forms
Hello I am creating a case management database. I have created a Main form called Participants. There are several themes which must be completed for each participant: Personal Information, Personal Assessment, Personal Plans, Notes, and Other. I thought of using a tab control for each theme. I want to create subforms for each theme. That is, for the Personal Information tab, I want to create subforms for each subject area, etc. I read on this board that you can't but a tab control within a tab control, but you can create subforms that would individually contain a ta...

Problem with array and CComboBox control
I have a header file in which is contained the following array. const char *directionVal[][24] = { { "Left-to-right", "ltr" }, { "Right-to-left", "rtl" }, { "Left-to-right Override", "ltr-override" }, { "Right-to-left Override", "rtl-override" } }; In OnInitDialog() I load my combo box control with the strings from the array like so. for(int d = 0; d < sizeof(directionVal)/sizeof(directionVal[0]); d++) m_cDirectionCombo.AddString(directionVal[0][d] ); I want to show the first s...

Tree-like file selection control?
Hi all, Can anyone tell me if there is a control (ActiveX?) for creating that tree-like mechanism to select 1 file? I am hoping there is a pre-made mechanism, so I won't have to use a basic CTreeCtrl and populate it myself...that would be tedious I think. Thanks. Why not use the standard file dialogs? Jase "Wump" <Wump@nonospam.net> wrote in message news:9qqdnYvr7ZEo2nui4p2dnA@comcast.com... > Hi all, > Can anyone tell me if there is a control (ActiveX?) > for creating that tree-like mechanism to select 1 file? > I am hoping there is a pre-made mechanism, so ...

Year-End Closing Queries
Hello, I read a paper about Year-End Closing Process and mentioned about two queries sentence in the database maintenance process: reindex.sql and recomp.sql. These queries are located in \Microsoft Dynamics\SQL\Util\, but I don't have these queries in my installation. Can you explain me these queries?, Anyone has these queries?. My GP version is Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 Thanks. Kind Regards, Alfredo In version 9 and earlier, these scripts (and the folder) were only found on the "server" install. This is the workstation where GP Utilities can be run. Later versions of 10 wi...

Using ActiveX Control in Dialog
Well, this is really irritating. I can insert a Windows Media Player ActiveX control in my MFC dialog box. And I can change properties in the properties window. And I can also add a variable associated with it, which must be of type COcx1, which appears to be a generic ActiveX class with nothing specific to Windows Media Player. Searching the Web, I found numerous references to the MFC Class Wizards, which would automatically create wrapper classes for me for any ActiveX control. The problem: All such references were for older versions of Visual Studio and the current version seems to...

Move "Close Year" button on Year End Closing window
It's very easy to accidentally click on this button - users have told me that they thought the label on the button said "Close Window". As clicking on the button runs the year-end close without additional warnings, it should be moved. Alternatively, a warning could ask "Are you sure you want to close the year?" ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this lin...

Modify a format style
When I try to modify the "Normal" format style it won't let me because (I think) under 'Protection' it's 'Locked'. How can I unlock it when the modify option is unavailable? I'm trying to create a spreadsheet using the 'Format Cells' option for Currency, but my spreadsheet refuses to apply that option even if under 'Edit" I clear 'All' or even just clear 'Format'. My spreadsheet still shows .25 as 0.25 - I want to get rid of the zero to the left of the decimal. And yes, I have checked even my Control Panel 'Regional ...

how can Modify the Restock Quantity of a Purchase Order...
Hello to all. is there a way to modify a Purchase order in order to have it to have the Reorder Quantity equals to the Restock Quantity? For Instance: I have a stock of quantity 2 of a given item in the store at the moment of make the PO, and I have my restock Level set to 12. it will give me by default a order of 10 (2+10=12)... but in the warehouse I have the 12 packs of that item, so I would like to have my Purchase order to order one more time the same 12 Items in order to restock it directly from the warehouse's 12 pack.. Thanks in advance. Aldo Aldo, I'm not sure I fol...

How to delete/update controls and related codes?
Hello all, I am using VS 2005 to generate a MFC application. I am wondering after I generating an application using Unicode, how can I delete it without regenerating the application? Also, if I use recourse editor to add some controls and class wizard to add variables to connect these controls, how can I delete or update them completely? If I delete a button from the resource editor, I have to delete some related codes elsewhere. I also found that class wizard will change variables into grey (do not allow to change). What should I do? Thanks in advance. Zhidian Du You just have to...

Name of the sheet where the formula result is
I use max()and min() in the result sheet to define the max and min values in 10 sheets where test data are. How can I display the sheet name of the result from the calculations? For example, if the result of max() is from sheet 1? Thanks a lot Catherine You will probably need a macro to search the sheets for the values. I would probably be a good idea to keep searching to the end of the las sheet to check for duplicates -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This might not work for you, but I'd lay out part of my summary sheet like: Sheetname Max (this formula...

unwanted borders when printing two pages per sheet
when i set the printer option to print 2 pages per sheet from publisher print setup i get a square border around each page. How can i stop this from printing? -- -pgb Are the lines visible in the publication? Are they crop marks? If they are the latter, you can turn that off in the print dialogue, advanced print settings, page settings tab. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "pgb" <pgb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C2152AF-DD16-492E-86A7-A841FA5A107F@microsoft.com... > when i s...

Repost- account list balance and ending balance different amounts (in MONEY 2004
When I click Account list my bank balance shows an amount say "A" dollars.. but when i go to the particular account the ending balance is not "A" dollars but "B" dollars. Why is there a discrepency?? Also the cash flow takes the "A" dollars into account while computing instead of the current ending balance "B". The difference is "B-A=C dollars" Could it be because i cancelled a electronic payment of "C" dollars and marked it void in the account and then deleted it later thanks nithya ...

Removing "Send this Sheet" heading from Excel
How do I remove the "Send This Sheet" from my Excel WorkBook? Sub clearsendto() ThisWorkbook.EnvelopeVisible = False End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Bob Benjamin" <benb@magma.ca> wrote in message news:GuSdnZVo2rS6JGKiRVn-ug@magma.ca... > How do I remove the "Send This Sheet" from my Excel WorkBook? > > > Don What/where is this "Send this sheet" that is referred to? I thought it might mean the "Send To" that is in the File menu but it doesn't remove that. Thanks for your help. Otto...

::: Excel
Hello, Has any one a macro to suppress the blank lines of an Excel sheet (tab)? Many thanks in advance, Jacques Can be done without a macro. Select a column and F5>Special>Blanks>OK Format>Row>Hide. If you want a macro................ Sub HidEmptyRows() ''only if entire row is blank LastRow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Row - 1 + _ ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count Application.ScreenUpdating = False For r = LastRow To 1 Step -1 If Application.CountA(Rows(r)) = 0 Then Rows(r).Hidden = True ' Rows(r).Delete End I...

5 man can work simultaneous on a Sheet saved on a local server?
We are 5 people willing to work: edit/save simultaneous (if possible) on a Excel sheet saved on a local server. Any suggestion welcomed! Thanks a lot and compile succesfully! Share the workbook to make use of the multiple users to get connected. Press Alt+T+B and now Share Workbook Dialog box will appear and under the Edit Tab>>Check the ‘Allow changes by more than one user at the same time’ checkbox and give Ok. Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "Dan Tabla" wrote: > We are ...

Exactly WHEN did a user do year-end?
I'm trying to determine on what date a user did year-end... Does year-end closing actually create journal entries that would be in GL30000? For example, some systems credit all the expense accounts and debit retained earnings... OR, does GP just make 1 entry to Retained Earnings, and if so, what would be the DESCRIPTION of that transaction? (Again, I'm trying to determine on what date a user did year-end.) Go to Routines>Financial>Year End Closing and it will tell you when the last year end was done. If year end was done the only data that will be in the GL20000 will be c...