Continuous page numbers thoughout a workbook?

Does anyone know if you can set up a workbook to print with continuous page numbers without going into each sheet and changing the beginning page number?
0
anonymous (74722)

Page,

Edit | Page Setup | Headers and Footers.....create a header or footer.

Click the custom header or footer.  It is much like MS Word.

HTH

Regards,
Kevin

"pagenumbers" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if you can set up a workbook to print with continuous
page numbers without going into each sheet and changing the beginning page
number?

0
stecyk (172)
10/28/2003 10:21:37 PM
Hi

Right click on a sheet tab and choose select all sheets
press the Print button
Right click on a sheet tab and choose ungroup

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2002 SP-2)

"pagenumbers" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1317F8A9-18EC-4F0E-AB8E-1EB777B0CA13@microsoft.com...
> Does anyone know if you can set up a workbook to print with continuous page numbers without going into each sheet and changing
the beginning page number?

0
rondebruin (3790)
10/28/2003 10:28:42 PM
Page,

Use Ron's solution.  My solution was for an individual sheet, not a
workbook.  Ooops.

Regards,
Kevin

"Kevin Stecyk" <stecyk@nohotspammail.com> wrote in message
> Page,
>
> Edit | Page Setup | Headers and Footers.....create a header or footer.
>
> Click the custom header or footer.  It is much like MS Word.
>
> HTH
>
> Regards,
> Kevin
>

> "pagenumbers" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know if you can set up a workbook to print with continuous
> page numbers without going into each sheet and changing the beginning page
> number?

0
stecyk (172)
10/28/2003 10:38:00 PM
Page,

If you mean that you're printing multiple sheets, and want one set of
consecutive page numbers for the whole deal, make sure the "First page
number" is set to "Auto" in Page Setup - Page,

--
Earl Kiosterud

"pagenumbers" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if you can set up a workbook to print with continuous
page numbers without going into each sheet and changing the beginning page
number?

0
nowhere8060 (363)

insert a web page in excelworkbook
I am unable to download a web page(which is in excel format) into my workbook as as worksheet. Whenever I am downloading it is being saved as seperate excel file in D:/MyDocuments.Wheras My workbook also in D:/MyDocuments.Please guide me Here are two things you could try: 1. Copy and Paste the table from the website directly to your table. 2. In Excel, go to Data ->Import external data -> New web query This will open a web browser with your homepage on it. Go to the website with the table. There should be a little yellow box beside the table you want. click that to highlight th...

bug when setting the number of records to 250
if i set the views to display 250 records, i cannot move on the second page of the view (the paging does not work). This does not happen on 100 records. How can i fix it ? MS CRM 3.0 Hi George, Make sure you have more then 250 records. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: Freelance Consultant Email Contact :: imumar at gmail dot com "George" wrote: > if i set the views to display 250 records, i cannot move on the second page > of the view (the paging does not work). This does not happen on 100 records. &...

Error number 0x80044106 with SFO
Hi, When I go offline with SFO, I get the error 0x80044106. I know that this error is in the KB of Partner source site (KB898798). But I have a technical problem at the moment and I can't use the Partner Source Site. I have to resolve this issue quickly. So, if someone could help me ... Thanks a lot, Chris You receive an "Exception from HRESULT 0x80044106" error message when you click a Microsoft CRM folder on the Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook toolbar in Microsoft Outlook View products that this article applies to. ----------------------------------------------------...

how to insert workbook names and worksheet names to access columns
Dear All, Please how can I copy or insert the filename (workbook) without the .xls extension in the first column of the access table and the worksheet name (worksheet tab) in the second column of an access table? Please I am working on a cost accounting document of a company. The workbook is named after the cost center name eg Sales and the Worksheet is named after the general ledger code (GLCode eg EE00875). After trasfering all worksheets of all workbooks into one access table using the TransferSpreadsheet method (this is successful), I created two columns using the RunSQL and ALTE...

Bank balance issue on Account List page
Just noticed after converting to '08 that two accounts are showing Zero (0) Adj Balance but the Bank Balance column show a negative entry. I viewed each account and confirmed that the starting balance was 0 and the current balance was 0 so not sure why these two accounts are showing up having a negative Bank Balance. I also confirmed that at least one account was Balanced to the bank but that didn't fix the issue. Besides a possible repair fixing the issue, is there another solution or something else I didn't do? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Geekster wrote: >...

VBA for All cells in workbook
I would like a VBA that replaces every cell of every sheet in a workbook with its output when used with the following function: =TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,CHAR(160),CHAR(32))) thanks Curt J Sub GlobalChange() Dim w As Worksheet For Each w In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets w.Activate For Each r In ActiveSheet.UsedRange r.Value = Trim(Replace(r.Value, Chr(160), Chr(32))) Next Next End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201002 "Curt" wrote: > I would like a VBA that replaces every cell of every sheet in a workbook with > its output when us...

Sorting for Specific words/ numbers from list
Hi Folks; I am trying to figure out a way to sort some information from data tha appears in a worksheet via an import. The import works like straightforward paste function from another program (in this case Quickbooks). The information pastes the same every time, i.e. dat appears in the same columns every time. These columns have a name in column (ex. A1)and a monetary value in another column (ex. D1). Wha I'm having to try and do is make a formula that will sort similar name and sum up the monetary values that match up with them. The "simila names" are actually numeric codes...

Can I change date on 1 page and have it auto change on every page
In publisher I have tickets that are dated. I need to change the date before printing each time. I have 75 pages with the date listed 8 times on each page. trying to see if it is possible to change the date once and have it automatically change on every page. ...

save workbook with only values and no links
I have a lot of workbooks which I have to handover to our accountant. want to save them without the links to other workbooks. I there a way to save a workbook without having to copy everything a than paste it. As it are workbooks linked with the add-in of exact globe, the value won't appear when the connection to exact globe (accounting software is not possible. Thanks in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi exceller, I don't know what version it first appeared in, but if you go to Edit | Links, you can click the Break Links button to break external links...

Hyperlink problem to cell in same workbook
I have a hyperlink created by a VB program that should link to a cell on a different worksheet within the same book. The hyperlink code currently is as follows: =HYPERLINK(ADDRESS(4,2,1,FALSE,"MultipleAliases"),"MULTIPLE DP ALIASES") MultipleAliases is a separate worksheet and I want the link to jump to row 4 cell 2 on this sheet. I realise that normally you need a spreadsheet identifier as part of the worksheet definition, thus the "MultipleAliases" would be "[FILE1.XLS]MultipleAliases" if this was saved as FILE1.XLS. If I do save this file with th...

how to move sheets from one workbook to another
I need a vba code to MOVE the COPY of sheets from input.xls To thisworkbook . "VBA code For Moving The Copy oF sheeets" Sub test() ActiveSheet.Copy after:=ThisWorkbook.Sheets(ThisWorkbook.Sheets.Count) End Sub HTH. Best wishes Harald "vicky" <vimalbarlota@gmail.com> wrote in message news:26736ea8-4094-4972-9770-84fa70efde3d@p8g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... >I need a vba code to MOVE the COPY of sheets from input.xls To > thisworkbook . "VBA code For Moving The Copy oF sheeets" hey thanks ... hey can you give a vba code to dele...

How to show dropdown list from another workbook without running it
I created a dropdown list using as a source a column from another spreadsheet. When I colose the source spreadsheet the dropdown list doesn't work anymore. Any idea? Copy the choices for the drop down to the main workbook.. If you don't like seeing them in the main workboook, put them on another worksheet and hide that worksheet.. "Kuche" wrote: > I created a dropdown list using as a source a column from another > spreadsheet. When I colose the source spreadsheet the dropdown list doesn't > work anymore. > Any idea? ...

Custom Number Formats for Excel 2007
Hello I open several Excel spreadsheets daily that include a date/time column. Every spreadsheet that I open I have to change the column formatting to "dddd dd-mmm-yy hh:mm:ss". This is not a format built into Excel 2007, is there a way to permanently add this format to the "Custom" section...or to Excel 2007 in general? Thanks, Brian Any custom formats you write will be saved with that workbook only. New workbooks or those opened without the saved custom format will have to be formatted as you wish. You could record a macro while formatting and st...

how to overflow from page 2 to page 1 both in 2nd column
Sitting a test i found one part i could not do, it is a 2 page leaflet you start on the second column page 1 then on the 2nd column page 2 you have to overflow to 1st column page 1 but it will not take this move, can you help me please Are you linking the boxes? Create a two column text box on each page. Go to page two, select the text box, click the link (up in the right corner of the toolbar), the cursor will turn into a bucket, go to page one and click on the text box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "...

Varying number of rows in Named Ranges
Hi, I have a named range (Euro_Calc). This contains some columns with data and others with formulae. These formulae also use the "Euro_Calc" range. All these are used to create some reports. Each week, I need to create a new report with fresh data. However the number of rows vary each week. I would like to paste the new data into the sheet (into the data columns) - and the named range should now refer to new number of rows. The columns with formulae should also be copied down to the last row. Is this possible with a simple copy/paste or Is this possible with VBA macro? Thanks in...

How do i create a new cover page
I have a cover page that I'd like to have available with the cover pages already in word. How can i do that? PawlingJohn wrote: > I have a cover page that I'd like to have available with the cover > pages already in word. How can i do that? Select the cover page. Press Alt+F3. In the dialog that appears: - Name: enter a name for the new cover page - Gallery: select Cover Pages from the dropdown - Category: click Create New Category in the dropdown and enter a name (categories are listed alphabetically in the gallery, so you can place your new cate...

Printing distribution lists on 1 page instead of 2
My office just upgraded to Outlook 2007. In our previous version of Outlook, when you printed a distribution list, it printed on 1 page (provided all the contacts fit on one page), with the name of the distribution list on top. Now, when I try to print the same distribution list, it prints the name of the distribution list on 1 page and the contacts on the second page. Is there any way to fix this? It is fairly inconvenient. I have looked in the printing options to no avail. There is no fix. It's a new feature. -- Russ Valentine "Kathy Dake" <Kathy Dake@di...

Two page spread
Have Win 98SE, MS Publisher 2002, We have set up a two page brochure running to ten pages (A4 landscape) but would like to include the centre pages as a two page spread. We always appear to get a line of 'no text' (small blank space) down the centre of the spread, where the centre line would be. Is there a solution other than create a separate document. Thank you. What do you have on the center page? Text boxes have a .04 margin by default, might try setting it to zero. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm ...

Converting Hexadecimal number to floating point decimal number
I am looking for an Excel code that will automaitically convert a hexadecimal number in a cell (like 0X00 0X0f 0X7b 0Xa1 0x39) into int decimal and put the result in another cell without changing th original hex number. Any help is appreciated -- Fif ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fifi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1232 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27285 one way: =HEX2DEC(MID(A1,3,255)) HEX2DEC() is part of the Analysis Toolpack Addin (Tools/Add-ins...) Not...

Page Viewer Web Part link to Businses Portal
Hi, We have recently had Dynamics GP 9.0 introduced into our network along with Business Portal 3.0. As Business Portal runs on WSS and we have existing WSS sites we would like to minimise access to Business Portal to just posting Project Time and Project Expenses. With some knowledge of WSS Web Parts I added a Page Viewer Web Part on the existing WSS intranet site that links to the Project Time page of Business Portal, however it gives a "Your session has expired." message on the web part. If you go to Business Portal and go back to the intranet site the web part correctly ...

MS Publisher
How can you get this feature to work in MS Publisher 2003? -Sending a Web Page in an E-Mail Message. I do not want to attach the .htm file to an e-mail, but rather send the web page in the message of an e-Mail. I can not add the buttons or commands 'E-Mail Preview' or the 'Send This Page as Message' to a toolbar or menu. I'm using MS Outlook 2003 and it is set as the default e-mail program. Is this a bug in the software? If so, can a fix be downloaded. ....OR .....am I doing something incorrectly? Thanks in Advance for Your Help! "Dolores" ...

Calculate conditiona total at bottom of continuous form.
Hi, I'm running Access via XP Office Pro on Windows 7 Pro. Background: --------------------------------------------------- I'm working on a cash receipts data entry form to track Sunday contributions for a church. We enter the cash and checks in a batches of 20 contribution envelopes. At the time the batches are created, the people do not look inside the evelope to determine if the envelope contains cash or a check. The next person to handle the batch runs a adding machine / calculator tape on the batch. The next person to handle the batches enters them into the...

How to convert a number in letters
In a big calcsheet I need to put many numbers in letters, in order to avoid to make it manual, I need to know if from a cel that contain a numbers I can make this number to be write in letters trhough a formula or funtion Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Albher" <Albher@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:86481ECC-860F-4047-8B2B-5B030A9F84C2@microsoft.com... > In a big calcsheet I need to put many numbers in letters, in order to avoid > to make it manual, I need to know if from a ...

Unread Mail Search Folder continues Disappearing
Hello, I am currently being told by one of my clients that their Unread Mail Search Folder continues to disappear on their favorites folder. When I search in the Search Folders section I do not see the Unread Mail folder. I place rthis folder back and the user continues to use outlookk normally for a couple of days and again they seem to have lost their Unread Mail Search Folder. Can anyone assist me on this issue. ...

how did I get an indent on the first line of each even numbered p.
I am using a template to format a document. When I apply the template, I get a small indent in the first line of text on every even numbered page. When this coincides with a paragraph break the indent is bigger. It does not happen on the odd numbered pages. I did not intend this and I want to make it go away. The page set up has mirror margins, text is left justified, no tabs spaces or other symbols appear before the word that follows the indent when hidden text is shown. Try selecting Format, Indents and see if this is the control you want. -- Don Vancouver, USA "zi" ...