Continuous Form Use

I created a form similar to an Access form. It's for logging in phone calls
and messages. Is there a way to set it up like in Access where a single form
appears on 1 page but can generate subsequent pages within the file? Or is
setting it up as a table the only way it can be done? Our IT contractor
doesn't want me to use Access otherwise this would be a breeze. Any
suggestions or help is appreciated. Thanks.
0
ryjack (7)

You can spawn forms off a form, and access the data on that form.

--

HTH

RP

"ryjack" <ryjack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I created a form similar to an Access form. It's for logging in phone
calls
> and messages. Is there a way to set it up like in Access where a single
form
> appears on 1 page but can generate subsequent pages within the file? Or is
> setting it up as a table the only way it can be done? Our IT contractor
> doesn't want me to use Access otherwise this would be a breeze. Any
> suggestions or help is appreciated. Thanks.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
3/14/2005 4:40:41 PM
Sorry, should have said a bit more., so for instance you could have a button
that does

    Userform2.Show
    'next line

and next line would not be invoked until Userform2 is closed.

--

HTH

RP

"ryjack" <ryjack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I created a form similar to an Access form. It's for logging in phone
calls
> and messages. Is there a way to set it up like in Access where a single
form
> appears on 1 page but can generate subsequent pages within the file? Or is
> setting it up as a table the only way it can be done? Our IT contractor
> doesn't want me to use Access otherwise this would be a breeze. Any
> suggestions or help is appreciated. Thanks.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Copy 2 fields from subform into new form
Hi, Really do not understand VBA. I want to copy the ID fields in a subform and paste them into a new form via a command button. Many thanks in advance Charlotte On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 16:22:01 -0800, Charlie <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Really do not understand VBA. I want to copy the ID fields in a subform and >paste them into a new form via a command button. > >Many thanks in advance > >Charlotte You'll have to give us a bit more context, I'm afraid! Are you working on the *design* of a form? or copyin...

Check if a form has changed since it was last saved
I am developing an application using an ms access front end and a visual foxpro 8 backend. The application uses adodb connections to add/ update/edit data in the back end database. When a user clicks the save button on main data capture form the user input is programmatically inserted into a new record or an existing record is updated by creating SQL INSERT INTO or UPDATE statements on the fly. I was wondering if anyone knew of an efficient way of coding a mechanism to check if the form had changed since the save button was last pressed. I guess this can be achieved by capturing the On Chan...

Find file using first 2 digits
How can I search for a file using the first to digits of the filename? -- aking1987 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aking1987's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15393 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=319299 Manually: Windows start button|Find (or Search) Search for XY*.xls (change XY to what you want) You can also use this technique in the File|open dialog. aking1987 wrote: > > How can I search for a file using the first to digits of the filename? > >...

Programmatically setting a Form's Name
According to the MSDN Library, a Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access.Form object's Name property (or .Properties("Name").Value) is read/write. Were this true, it would make creating and saving a Form quite straightfoward. Unfortunately, when I actually try to set the Name property from code (.NET 2.something), I'm presented with an "unhandled COMException" informing me that "This property is read-only and can't be set." Nothing I've been able to find in the MSDN Library, or any forums, addresses this. The version of Access in question is 2003 (1...

Problem using GetMenuItemInfo()
Using the following code I am unable to retrieve a menu item string: info.cbSize = sizeof (MENUITEMINFO); info.fMask = MIIM_STRING; info.dwTypeData = NULL; VERIFY(m_ChildMenu.GetMenuItemInfo(nID, &info)); info.dwTypeData = new char[info.cch]; VERIFY(m_ChildMenu.GetMenuItemInfo(nID, &info)); info.dwTypeData has an empty string at this point. Strangely, if I leave out the NULL and the memory allocation it gives me the string but, of course, crashes the program. Am I missing a step? Thanks, Drew Why not use CMenu::GetMenuString? --- Ajay "Ajay Kalra&quo...

Using Excel or Access for relationship webs
I'm looking for a way, Any way (other than programming it myself), of using excel or access to generate a graph that corresponds to the relationship between a bunch of nodes. So, lets say I have names, and I want to make a map of each node's relationship (say, as a colored line) to other nodes. Any suggestions of add-ons, microsoft downloads, 3rd party products, that can do that? ...

Custom Forms Manager not working in Outlook 2003
I'm getting an error when attempting to run the forms manager. It says: "Unable to display the dialog box. No pages in the property sheet due to low memory. Close some windows or programs." Outlook is the only application I have running. How do I get rid of this? I have run the detect and repair feature and still get the error. I need to delete several forms from the personal forms directory. Thanks, Mark ...

Using Excel as a database and transferring a zero
I have excel 2003 and am using it as a database for a WORD document as the datasource. I have several fields in the excel database that are blank and while I have show zeros turned off, they show up as a 0 in the merge field in the word document. I've seen a formula to make this 0 a non space so it formats properly in WORD but can't locate it. Any ideas? Right now it goes as this Robert 0 Jones instead of Robert Jones Thanks Bob Reynolds Perhaps you could try this simple Find & Replace: Find: ~0~ Replace: leave blank Replace all That should replace all your zeros with not...

Has anyone used the antivirus solution bundled with SonicWall?
Hi everyone, I have installed Trend Micro WFBS Adv. on all my managed SBS networks. Recently I need to install a SonicWall TZ210 for a client. Does anyone have ever used its bundled antivirus solution? How good or bad is it? I am asking this is because I am not sure if I should deploy Trend Micro or just use the bundled antivirus. Thanks Jack Jack <dontaskwhoiam2001@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have installed Trend Micro WFBS Adv. on all my managed SBS > networks. > > Recently I need to install a SonicWall TZ210 for a client. Does any...

RMS using Mercury Payment Systems
How do I configure RMS to use Mercury Payment Systems payment processing? "Fred" wrote: > How do I configure RMS to use Mercury Payment Systems payment processing? > > Use this link http://www.mercurypay.com/resources/RMSInstallGuidetpi.pdf It's the install guide pretty simple Thanks for your help. This looks pretty straight forward. But the links to the plugins don't work. "JereHurn@zeroedin" wrote: > > > "Fred" wrote: > > > How do I configure RMS to use Mercury Payment Systems payment processing? > > &g...

Hello
Hi, When logging onto Great Plains on the server itself, the following prompt appears before getting to the logon screen: Dictionary '\\<Servername>\GPShare$\Reports.DIC' needs to be upgraded. Use Dynamics Utilities to update your modified forms and reports. When you click OK, another prompt appears: Dictionary '\\<Servername>\GPShare$\R1058.DIC needs to be upgraded. This is not a compatible version of cashbook. Clicking OK clears the message and you can then logon. Question is - I have logged into GP Utilities and seen the option to 'update modified forms...

What benefit is there in using the Send Secure feature in Outlook?
What benefit is there in using the Send Secure feature in Outlook? Where do you see this option? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Lisa Swanson" <Lisa Swanson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45E65049-1C94-4583-9AFB-1BB5C75C5F17@microsoft.com... > What benefit is there in using the Send Secure feature in Outlook? Lisa Swanson wrote: &...

Form and XmlRootElement
I have an XML file with no namespaces defined: <data> <textItems> <add name="test" value="test value"/> </textItems> </data> I can map this to a class with: [XmlRoot] public class data { [XmlArray("textItems", Form=XmlSchemaFor.Unqualified)] [XmlArrayItem("add", typeof(addItem), Form=XmlSchemaFor.Unqualified)] public addItem[] Items; } public class addItem { [XmlAttribute] public string name; [XmlAttribute] public string value; } That is fine. I can read in the XML file, deserialize it with Xm...

a 07 split form
Is possible in access 07 filter a form, view last record and have sincronize last 10 record? i apply a filter to a form Me.Filter = "[field1name] = 2" Me.FilterOn = True Me.OrderBy = "[ID], ASC" Me.OrderByOn = True DoCmd.GoToRecord acForm, Me.Name, acLast but when a open the form i view last record filtered (500) and first 10 records (1, 5,6... in datasheet (split) no 500, 498. 495... thx ...

inputing data using vba
this code imports data (and creates a problem as when i delete the data the cell's cannot be imported to again) Range("A6").Select With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _ "TEXT;C:\Documents and Settings\wardell son\Desktop\agw8_1", Destination:= _ Range("A6")) .Name = "agw8_1" .FieldNames = True .RowNumbers = False .FillAdjacentFormulas = False .PreserveFormatting = True .RefreshOnFileOpen = False .RefreshStyle = xlInsertDeleteCells .SavePassword = False ...

How to set up a combo box & Should I use a query?
I keep getting confused on how to use a combo box and prevent the wrong field from being changed ... i.e. I do not want the HA# to be edited in the table. I want to create a form to edit a table (tblHANames) The table has only 2 fields (HA#, HAName) I want to use a combo box with 2 columns to locate the record to be edited. The table is in HA# sequence (key) I do not want the user to be able to change the HA# field (containing the numbers 1 to 150) ... only the names in the HAName fields. The first question was whether or not it is best to use a query? Next, how do I set up the combo box...

I wish to use Visio to landscape my house. Has anyone tried this?
I am pretty comfortable with Visio and I certainly like the improvements in 2003. The subject pretty much says it. -- Ready to Retire...Tired of the drive Haven't tried yet (on my list when I am ready to retire!) Would start with Building Plan/Site Plan. You can even have a kidney shaped pool! "Bob Hatcher" <confusedagain@anywhere.com> wrote in message news:CF662BE7-2D7F-44B2-972B-F90293EB3842@microsoft.com... >I am pretty comfortable with Visio and I certainly like the improvements in > 2003. The subject pretty much says it. > -- > Ready to Retire...Tire...

use "DestroyWindow()" or "delete p" ?
Hi, In the following code, should I use "DestroyWindow()" or "delete p" in the line with a "????" comment? It may sound silly. I though DestroyWindow() may crash the program because the window didn't get created. But it didn't crash. Could you help? Thanks. CMyModalessDlg *p = new CMyModalessDlg(); // check database in ctor if (p->IsDataOk()) { p->Create(CMyModalessDlg::IDD); p->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); } else { p->DestroyWindow(); // or "delete p;" ???? p = NULL; } You should delete the object you allocated. Des...

Using INDIRECT in named range for chart data series
I recently read a post that described how to use the indirect function to define named ranges for a chart series. I attempted to do the same, but still get a message from the data series editor that my formula contains an invalid reference. This is the formula for the series: =SERIES("Load",Data!Time,Data!Load,1) and Time is defined in the Data worksheet as: =INDIRECT(Data!$Q$10):INDIRECT(Data!$Q$11) Load is defined as: =INDIRECT(Data!$Q$6):INDIRECT(Data!$Q$7) Where the values in Q6, Q7, Q10, and Q11 refer to the desired starting and ending addresses of the seri...

How can I create a formula using 2 %'s for 2 sets of ages in the .
I am putting together a sp[readsheet which has to calculate a range of ages by one % and then another range of ages to another %? Please help Give an example. This explanation is too vague and confusing. "AB" <AB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC4774D2-DF93-412F-A7DC-6829D1713024@microsoft.com... >I am putting together a sp[readsheet which has to calculate a range of ages > by one % and then another range of ages to another %? > > Please help Hi Do you mean something like - If age <50 multiply age by 60% otherwise multiply by 70%? ...

CRM 3.0 demo that focuses on marketing capabilities and how to use
I'm looking for a training demo that shows how to use this product and the capabilities from a marketing standpoint. Viewing a real demo would be really helpful. I've looked everywhere on your site, but Iwas unable to find anything relevant. Thanks. -- Leah E. Gray CD Group, Inc. Hi Leah, You can download a Virtual PC Image Demo that uses a ficticious company at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=A8EDFC7B-01D8-4500-845B-01370D4EED21&displaylang=en I hope this helps you! Greg Fyn Prairie Wind PC's "Leah Gray" wrote: > I'm look...

using variable length named ranges problem
I have 3 variable length lists of data that need to be concatenated in to one column. Presently the following formula works (This is typed in to A1 and copied down the column using the drag handle so in cell A2 refs to C1,D1,E1 are automatically changed to C2,D2,E2 and so on): =IF(ROW()<=COUNTA(C:C),C1,IF(ROW()<=(COUNTA(C:C)+COUNTA(D:D)),OFFSET(D1,(COU NTA(C:C)),0,1,1),IF(ROW()<=(COUNTA(C:C)+COUNTA(D:D)+COUNTA(E:E)),OFFSET(E1,- (COUNTA(C:C)+COUNTA(D:D)),0,1,1),""))) Result - a list of data in column A which is the list of data in column C plus data in column D plus ...

Newbie Help: customising forms
I'm new to CRM and setting up a test deployment in our office. I need some help please and can't find anything in the manuals to assist me. (It's probably there but I can't find it!). When an account is created, the OWNER information is automatically updated with the name of the user creating the account. We've added a custom field: LIVE DATE, and I wanted to add a further field APPROVED BY: The APPROVED BY field would have a user name of the person who passed this account to go live. Ideally, I'd like another form (we currently use an Excel based Checklist which I...

How to use SHGetFolderPath()?
In my code, I try to use the SHGetFolderPath(). I already include the header file "ShlObj.h". But when I try to build it, I got: c:\temp\MyCode\MyCodeDlg.cpp(277): error C3861: 'SHGetFolderPath': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup define _WIN32_IE=0x500 in your preprocessor defines and add shell32.lib in your linker libraries list. Then in your code:- have this #include <shlobj.h> void main() { ShGetFolderPath(...); } Make sure your platform sdk header files precede in the include path order and the sdk library path also precedes th...

Replying using a template
Is it possible to create a template to use when replying to a message? Basically, I want to open a message and reply to it using a standard reply template that will also contain the original message and the sender's details. I know that it is possible to set up a rule to send an automatic reply but I don't want the message sent automatically as there will be a number of different replies depending on the content of the original message and I would need to choose the template to use. Does anybody know how to do this? -----------------------------------------------------------------...