Confine results of web query to one cell

How do you confine the results of a web query to one cell in Excel 2004?

Under Excel 2004 a web query always seems to use up two cells in a given
column no matter what data range properties I set. I never had a problem with
this in Excel 2000.

Excel VB-Copy formula down until adjacent cell (left) is blank?
Here is exactly what I am trying to do through VB in Excel: Weekly data pull fills colums A:G. Row count is always different. I am modifying the data pull through VB, and I have a VLOOKUP formula in cell H2. What I want VB to do is copy that formula down column H to the last row (with data) each week. I guess I want it to be dynamic so that as rows decrease/increase the formula is only copied down to the final row/record. I know someone out of this smart group will know how to do this! Thanks in advance! Tony (pseudo code) in a macro .... dim lngLastrow as long dim rngTarget...

Off by one transaction
When we are posting to the General Legder, the control # of transactions are off exactly one transaction to the actual # of transactions. We don't understand why this is so because we physically counted the transactions and the actual # of transactions are correct but the control # transactions are off by one. We posted anyway because we physically counted them, but for future use we would like to know why the # of transactions are off by one. If you have an answer to our dilemma please respond back. Much Appreciated, Matt Barran Matt: The Control Total is a number you enter,...

One column with different widths
I want to make Column A with rows 1-29 one width and rows 30 and above another width. -- Calpitor Excel does not allow varying widths of cells within a column (or heights within rows). You could used 'Merged' cells to accomodate the wider column needs. HTH -- swatsp0p ------------------------------------------------------------------------ swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476150 ...

errors with form or query acrivated
Just converted from Access 97 to Access 2002. Here's the problem: User defined expressions (may be only text expressions) or fields show errors when a form or query window is activated or deactivated. The query will not refresh. For example, we are having trouble with the SSN in the Grants database. We haven't seen the same problem in other applications, but we haven't specifically looked for it. To be more specific: The Object Form_ParticipantsToProgramCycle has a listbox which contains a last name and a user defined expression that formats the Participants SSN i.e. 1...

how do i calculate 10% of a total in an access query
I am working in access 2007 and have a goal amount that i need to calculate a 10% increase.. I cant figure out how to do this!! Increased Price: ([YourField] * .1) + [YourField] -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "confussed student" wrote: > I am working in access 2007 and have a goal amount that i need to calculate a > 10% increase.. I cant figure out how to do this!! On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:13:10 -0800, confussed student wrote: > I am working in access 2007 and have a goal amount that i need to calculate a > 10% increase.. I cant figure out how to do...

Q: Referencing named cells in external worksheet ?
Using Excel 2002. I have a workbook with 12 worksheets (one for every month of the year), wherein a lot of the information is looked-up (using VLOOKUP) in simples arrays. I saw no point in implementing the arrays as a 13th worksheet, because I will have a yearly version of my monthly worksheets in one workbook (so one for 2003, 2004, etc). If I change the array(s), I want them to be reflected in all referencing cells. Problem: If my workbook containing my arrays (called "Global") is loaded, I have no problem and the references to it read as: (blabla) 'Global.xls'!Roster ...

Cutting and Pasteing from One spreadsheet to another.
Im trying to make up several templates that contain simliar data references. I want to cut from one template to another a number of cells. eg I have the following in one spreadsheet. =Info!G5 =Info!G6 =Info!G7 =Info!G8 =Info!G9 =Info!G10 =Info!G11 etc I simply want to cut this text exactly as it is and paste it into another spread sheet. However when I do I get the following ='C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Templates\_Test_Excel_Access_Merge\[S8-R200a.xls]Info'!G5 ='C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Templates\_Test_Excel_Access_Merge\[S8-R200a.xls]Info'!G6 etc. Re...

Visible cell characters
Can I increase the # of characters that are visible in a cell? 67 Excel Help on "limits" or "specifications" reveals that Excel will allow 32,767 characters to be entered in a cell. However, it goes on to state that "only 1024 characters will be visible or can be printed" To work around this limitation, stick a few ALT + ENTERs in at appropriate spots. The ALT + ENTER forces a line-feed and expands the 1024 limit. How far is not really known. Just experiment. .........From Dave Peterson.......... I put this formula in A1: ="xxx"& REPT(REPT(&...

Excel VBA
Hi again, I have enclosed a timesheet which i want to break down the day activities by a percentage, so if my sheet says an activity took a hour then the day column would tell you percentage of a seven hou day. Also i want the date column date to change each day. Currently it work for one day but then the next day it changes all the above cells to th current date. I have attached the file Cheers Stev Attachment filename: book2.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=56396 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Cell Reference Problem with Network
Let's say I have a spreadsheet with two worksheets = SheetA and SheetB. SheetA might reference a cell in SheetB with a formula like =SheetB!A1 But when I move this to the network the reference changes to include the network drive and file name like: ='Z:\FOLDER\[FILE]SheetB!A1 the file may move from my laptop to the network several times and this becomes completely confusion as the reference looks, not within the same spreadsheet which is what I want it to to, but for another file out on the network. How do I explicitly reference a cell within a difference worksheet but alwa...

How to generate a truly empty cell
"" generates a zero-length string, not a truly empty cell. This is causing problems elsewhere. I'd like to find an output for an IF statement that will give me a truly empty cell. The current formula is: =IF(COUNT(C24:C29)>0,SUM(C24:C29),"") Any ideas? If it involves a macro (as I think it might, having read other posts), please explain how to implement it. Thanks! <This is causing problems elsewhere> It shouldn't. Don't use ISBLANK(A1), use A1="" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "paulkaye" <paulmjkaye@gm...

Splitting cells
in cell A1 i have the numbers 123456789. i want cell B1 to have numbers 1234567 and cell C1 to have just 89. what is the formula? i have tried text to columns If this is for extracting the first 7 characters use LEFT() =LEFT(A1,7) =RIGHT(A1,2) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "fazz" wrote: > in cell A1 i have the numbers 123456789. i want cell B1 to have numbers > 1234567 and cell C1 to have just 89. what is the formula? i have tried text > to columns Hello Jacob - i did not explain this very well.The digits in cell A1 is variable length. In cell C1 i n...

Change background color of query results from access in worksheet
Hi, I have Excel 2007 and selected Date => From Access and then navigated to an Access DB and selected a query. I chose "Table" view. The query results now appear in my worksheet which is great. However, I want to change the background. Right now it alternatives by row between a light blue and a darker blue. I want the results to have a white background with black borders but have been unable to change the format. If I go to Home and select No fill for a color background nothing happens. Is there a way to change the query results? Thanks, Could be the r...

Question about Web Publishing Wizard
I'd like to ask about an old program called "Web Publishing Wizard". It works great when uploading website material to my server, with newer versions of my files overwriting the older ones. I want to know if there is a way to use WPW to delete all of the files previously uploaded, so that my space on the server is empty. Anyone know? ...

Web Posting Interactive worksheet
I created a very small excel file that I saved as a web page (calculations.htm). More specifically, when I saved it I selected Republish Sheet and add interactivity, then saved it to my desktop. When I opened it up on my desktop everything looked fine. However, when I posted it to my website, as I do will all my new htm pages, the data would not appear. Any suggestions? By the way, the file is a series of calculations that ask for a user to input their weight and I calculate what their daily calorie intake is. Very simple. CP ...

making a sum outcome negative based on adjacent cell value
I have 3 columns of single figures. At present i'm using the sumproduc fuction to multiply and total the figures in column A that fall betwee 4 and 9 with the adjacent figure in column B... =SUMPRODUCT(--($A1:$A600>=4),--($A1:$A600<=9),($B1:$B600),($A1:$A600) I'd like to add column C to the formula, so that if it contained value of -1, 1 or 2, the sum of the adjacent figures in columns A and appears as a negative number. For example A3= 7, B3= 2, C3= 1 Outcome= -14 A4= 9, B4= 1, C4= 5 Outcome= 9 A5= 3, B5= 2, C5= 2 No sum because figure in column A ...

Merged Cells
I have imported data into Excel. The left-hand column has merged cells containing a reference number. The remaining columns contain varying records associated with the reference number, a one to many ratio. I need to display the worksheet so that the appropriate reference number is displayed in the left-hand column for each of the records in the worksheet. There are hundreds of reference numbers. Is there an automated way to do this besides unmerging each section and copying the reference number into the now unmerged cells? Thank you. ...

HOW to COUNT THE FREQUENCY of specific CHARACTER WITHIN a CELL?
How can a frequency of a specific character be counted with in a cell. Ex -" #4 Bluebirds, #6 Aquatic" is in cell B2 - how do I count the number of "#" that appear in cell B2? =LEN(B2)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(B2,"#","")) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >How can a frequency of a specific character be counted with in a cell. Ex -" >#4 Bluebirds, #6 Aquatic" is in cell B2 - how do I count the number of "#" >that appear in cell B2? >. > ...

Query
How could I force the query results to output to a specific format/template? The reason for this is that certain values don't exist in certain date ranges within the data pool. I need those values to be included in the query results anyway. I have tried linking another query(tried a table also) with the template to the query that calculated the results. Is there something I should consider when doing this? A better way? Thank you Erik Create a new query that includes the table that contains the domain of values you want to appear in the output and join that table to the existin...

Error when I try to sing in Microsoft CRM web client
When I try to sing in Microsoft CRM web client this error occurs: Extern error: object does'nt exist in the server, check that the object exist in the database and also in the active directory. I think this happen after I installed the service pack 2. If anyone knows how I resolve this problem, and can help me - that would be great! Hello Sandy. Check this link http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2000/sp2/rnotes_us.htm#DrWatson in the "Outlook Web Access errors" See you. Daniel Rodríguez. ...

How many decimal places can a cell display?
How many decimal places can be displayed in a cell? I'm running a brute force VBA procedure of finding fractions that will approximate pi to as many decimal places as Excel will display, but I don't know how many decimal places Excel will display accurately. Anybody know? I guess this is also a matter of how many decimal places VBA will calculate accurately as well. Sub PiFractions() Dim dividend As Integer, divisor As Integer, quotient As Double Dim rowpointer As Byte rowpointer = 1 For dividend = 22 To 10000 For divisor = 7 To dividend \ 3 quotient = dividend / diviso...

When pasting the cell content sometimes disappears when scrolling
When I paste information from a different source into Excel and scroll down the text in certain columns is disappearing. When I scroll back up some of it reappears and some disappears again. The template was originally created in Excel 2003 (I think) and we've just upgraded to 2007 so I'm assuming it has something to do with that as I've never come across this problem before. Is there a setting I need to change or do we need to start the template all over again. It's quite a complex template so that would have to be my last option. Any help appreciated. Many thanks...

Setting Cell Color within a Cell
I'm using quick test professional which uses Excel DataTables, but with half the functionality. I'm basically exporting a the datatable from Mercury quick test to excel. With in my quick test script I'm performing a compare between two excel documents, and I wish to represent the difference with a Red background. Basically, Is they anyway in which I could add so code within my cell that would automatically change the back ground color. Example: My result is 4.13. I would then change this variable within quicktest to something like vbRed.4.13. Then when it gets sen...

Adding Formula to Existing Cells
In Excel, I have a column with various numbers in each row. I want to multiple each number by 1.02. Short of doing this with extra columns, is there a way to use find/replace and add *1.02 to whatever is already existing in each cell? Paige, Enter 1.02 in some blank cell and copy that cell. Then select the number you want to multiply by 1.02. Go to the Edit menu, choose Paste Special, and choose the Multiply operation. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "paige" <anonymous@discussio...

Two different organizers in one meting
imagine the folowing: Person A is the assistant of Person B, who has given delegation on his calender. When person A makes a meeting request in the calendar of person B and has made a reservation of a resource (meeting room), everything seems to be working fine. however, when person A opens the meeting request in the calendar folder of Person B, I can see that the organizer of the meeting is Person B. When I open the meeting in the calendar of the resource mailbox, the organizer of the meeting is Person A ?? This occurs with Outlook 2007 SP2 and Exchange 2010. Is there a way t...