Configure a report

My spreadsheet is quite huge. I am requested to generate reports using only some of the columns contained within the total data base. How can I configure my program to select and print only the columns of data I require?

THank you.
0
ALLANHB (1)

Check out View>Custom Views to save various views of your worksheet including
hidden columns/rows and Print Setups.

Also load the Report Manager add-in and you can use it to configure your
custom views.

Note:  I believe there is some problem with using the Report Manager with
Excel 2003.

A post from Ron de Bruin......

"There is no Excel 2003 version.
You can use the 2002 version, only the install file is not working in 2003.
Copy or send the xla file from a 2002 machine to your 2003 machine."

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 11:42:30 -0700, "ALLANHB"
<ALLANHB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My spreadsheet is quite huge. I am requested to generate reports using only some of the columns contained within the total data base. How can I configure my program to select and print only the columns of data I require?
>
>THank you.

0
Gord

how to add the note in report writer
I want to print a note with my check report.... how to do that??? What kind of note? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Consulta" wrote: > I want to print a note with my check report.... how to do that??? well i need to print in my check the note, that i write in the edit payables checks "Mariano Gomez" wrote: > What kind of note? > > Best regards, > -- > MG.- > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP ...

Adding two items on report to get a sum of both
Hi. I am in the process of modifying a established report to make it more meaningful. In the report there are two quires that give an answer. I want to add a third box adding these two together. The first one is: =IIf([TotalCash] Is Null Or 0,"0:00",(Int([TotalCash]/60)) & ":" & (Format((([TotalCash])-((Int([TotalCash]/60))*60)),"00"))) The sencond one: =IIf([Time] Is Null Or 0,"0:00",(Int([Time]/60)) & ":" & (Format((([Time])-((Int([Time]/60))*60)),"00"))) I would like to add those 2 results together,...

OT: Anyone interested in a temp solutions to that ICDBurn problem I reported:
You can bring up the taskbar's properties, enable 'hide inactive icons', select 'customize' on that option, then find the irritating "there are files waiting to be written to the CD" message and set its properties to 'always hide.' Still would prefer a programmatic solution, still looking :). WTH "WTH" <spamsucks@Ih8it.com> wrote in message news:%23%23NJxWksDHA.560@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > You can bring up the taskbar's properties, enable 'hide inactive icons', > select 'customize' on that option, then fi...

How to display Table Field names AND Field Definitions in a Report ? (ditto for query fields & criteria)
1 - We want to create a Report that shows the Field Names and Field Definitions of each table. 2 - Secondarily we also want to show Query Fields and associated 'Criteria' We do not want to use the documenter feature. We are trying to put a Button on our Main Menu so users can read the Field Definitions directly from the various tables. This may not be the best way to do it but we have to set that discussion aside for now and just get it done. Thanks for any help. ...

Saving configurations in Word 2007
I have 800 word users that get mad everytime we update their word2007client and all indvidual configurations (don´t show spelling and grammatics, don´t show changes and so on) just vanish and is replaced by default. Any solution of this problem? How are you updating them? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><&...

Print report when data changes
I have a form with a subform. If the data in the subform changes, I want to print a report when the form is closed. If there is no change in data in the subform, I don't want the report to print. How can I accomplish this? Ivor You could have a command button on the main form that runs the report. On open, set enabled to false. then in the subform, If Me.Dirty Then Me.Parent!YourCommandbutton.Enabled = True End If HTH Damon "Ivor Williams" <ivor@caresystems.ca> wrote in message news:T2l2i.186685$aG1.74020@pd7urf3no... >I have a form with a subform. If the da...

Calling SQL stored proc from RMS .QRP report
I have to generate a report which will show the top 5 best selling items for each product category. I have a stored proc in SQL which will produce a SQL cursor which contains the results I need. I also have a few reports whihc would benefit from being able to call a user-defined function I have on my SQL database. Can I call a SQL stored proc from within an RMS .QRP report program? -- Bill Yater The Worth Collection byater@worthltd.com User defined functions can behave just like tables - they would go in the TablesQueried section. UDFs can also return a scalar value - they could ...

ability to limit records printed to 5 on a sub report (within a report)
I have a report that pulls up equiopment info. Within this report, there is a subreport that pulls up all maintenance info for that piece of equipment. There may be up to 100+ records, though I only want to print 5. The sub report on the main report it linked by the master and child field. (The sub report query does not have a parameter field to limit the records) I've lopked at the TOP SQL Function, though it doesn't work with what I want. Basically, just need to have the detail section nof the sub report print 5 of the first records and that is it? Does anyone have any ideas on h...

VB Code to transfer report from Access to Excel
I have a report that I want to transfer to an excel spreadsheet from Access. I need to make this a macro or vb code on a button on a form, but cant seem to find a way to do it. I'd like to use the "Analyize with Excel" button, but cant see how to use it. Thanks in advance for your help. On Mar 22, 11:27 am, "RB" <mcrace...@yahoo.com> wrote:> I have a report that I want to transfer to an excel spreadsheet from Access.> I need to make this a macro or vb code on a button on a form, but cant seem> to find a way to do it. I'd like to use the "Anal...

Golf Score Reporting
I have created a database to keep track of golf scores, courses etc. It has come time to start creating reports and I would like to report all scores across the page of the report in the format hole 1, hole 2 etc. through hole 18. The next round to be directly beneath the first for all rounds played for any one or more GolferID. This will be just one report to display the trend of scores for any golfer on one or many courses. The records for the rounds played are kept in two tables, tblRounds and tblRoundDetails. The table tblRounds contains fields RoundID, RoundDate, CourseID, Tee...

Configure profile
How do I configure a profile on microsoft outlook? What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:184201c3dfc3$24c1e710$a401280a@phx.gbl, anonymous@discussi...

Group Calculated Time in a Report
I work in a hospital an am creating a database to record wait times of patients. I created a field in the query that is attached to my continous form to calculate the time. Time: ([time called]-[time checked in]) The user enters the time in military time; this aids in the calculated field. For example, time called (13:15) - time checked in (13:05) = time (:10). This field works fine. However, now I need to group the patients that waited a specific time in a report. All patients that waited between 0 through 5 minutes should be grouped together, all patients that waited 6 through 10...

SSRS 2008 and "ReportServer and Reports" IIS Virtual Directories
Hello All, I'm in the process of learning SSRS 2008. I installed SQLServer 2008 on my "Windows 7 Professional" laptop and decided to configure SSRS 2008 later as I had not setup IIS. I enabled IIS v7.5 and configured SSRS with "http://patriot/ReportServer" as the WebService URL and "http://patriot/Reports" as the Report Manager URL. I created a sample report and I'm able to run the report from the Browser. Going by the configuration, I expected two virtual directories to be created (ReportServer and Reports) in the IIS Server but when I c...

Left Align (trim) in report issue
Hi everyone, Basically I have a table that is set up to auto import data from a TXT file and from a query produce a report with the field (text) sorted in numerical order. The problem I have is some of the data imports leading spaces as well as the text. I need to left align the data and exclude the spaces to get the numerical sort right. I see there is a function LTRIM but that is as far as I have got - where do I apply what to end up with the desired result - any help would be greatly appreciated Regards Bryan JohnWA wrote: >Basically I have a table that is set up to auto impor...

reports from excel #2
I have created a spreadsheet for our Contract Managers so that they can produce a quotation by picking and choosing the itme they need from a list. When it comes to printing I need to find a way of printing only the rows that have a 'Selling' value greater than zero. Alternatively, we were going to do the list on Access but I didn't know how to create the formulas. Any ideas? Please keep your answers as simple as possible! Thanks Lynda You need to hide the rows that have no value. If the items are in a list on a spreadsheet that has heading at the top i.e. Row 1 has headi...

Error accessing Reports in CRM 3.0
I get this error: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during...

Suppress "0" from printing on a report
One way to do this is to set the format to "#,###.00;-#,###.00;[White]". Is there a better,or more conventional, way? If that is the only information, you can remove the record with a WHERE clause, but that eliminates the whole record, that is why this is only applicable if this field is the only information to be printed in the 'row': WHERE fieldname <> 0 Vanderghast, Access MVP "JimP" <j_pockmire@comcast.net> wrote in message news:MP2dnUkGtoXof7XWnZ2dnUVZ_hGdnZ2d@giganews.com... > One way to do this is to set the fo...

Department Sales Report (Tax Included in Sales) is wrong
My accountant is working on our year end financials and is using the department sale report (tax included in sales) to determine my sales. However, this report seems to be wrong. There was a post on this same issue back in November but no one commented. Can anyone tell me if the report is wrong? hi, This report is wrong it does not include tax in sales. The sales column show sales you made on taxable tems and non-tax items. The Sales (tax ex) column shows only the sales on taxable items. and the sales tax column shows the tax you collected. I just add the sales tax to the sales column to...

Path for the Email Status Report not found. Statements will not be
"Path for the Email Status Report not found. Statements will not be e-mailed." I guve up. Where do I set up this path? I had set it up earlier and now can't get back to it. Thanks@ Found it. In customer maintenance -> Options I had to deselect the checkbox for "Send E-mail Statements". When I checked it again I was re-prompted for the path. "GPgirl" wrote: > "Path for the Email Status Report not found. Statements will not be e-mailed." > > I guve up. Where do I set up this path? I had set it up earlier and now > can't get...

Payroll tax report
Can anyone point me in the right direction for gettng a report of payroll taxes that I can give to my HR department? I can't seem to find one.... It depends on what they are looking for. You can get the FICA and state wage reports from the Reports > Payroll > Wage and Hour, or you can get summary reports from the Period End reports. -- BrianB "Jeff Metcalf" wrote: > Can anyone point me in the right direction for gettng a report of payroll > taxes that I can give to my HR department? > > I can't seem to find one.... We are implementing HR/Payroll...

Free Credit Reporting? Only for new users?
I have been using Money for several years. Used Money 2005 and upgraded to 2006 shortly after it became available. Up until this morning I never tried to access the free credit reporting option available through Money 2006. When I tried this morning, I started by following the "sign up now" link in Money. After filling out the web form I was directed to, I was informed that I already had an account. (That account has expired, so all I have is a login that doesn't actually take me to a credit report.) So, I went back to Money and clicked on the "Already signed up?"...

Publishing new Custom Report in CRM 3.0 / SQL Reporting Services
I've just created a custom report in SQL Reporting Services. I'm trying to find the next steps for being able to run the report from CRM 3.0. Any help appreciated. Thanks much, Boolean1 Well, I just went to reports and hit new, and lo and behold, it was pretty easy. So that's all you have to do to publish a report? Cool. Boolean1 "Boolean1" <Boolean1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:vuSdnTLl1sK86djYnZ2dnUVZ_rWdnZ2d@comcast.com... > I've just created a custom report in SQL Reporting Services. > > I'm trying to find the next steps fo...

Report Writer legends
Is there anything that describes what the legends are for the reports or do you have to copy all the legends onto a report every time you want to figure this out? jp, Legends are used differently on each report and are programmatically assigned a value based on the developer's intent. Since legend values must be passed into the report by the application, they are generally available only for modified reports. Any new reports you create won’t be able to use legends, unless you have Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and have set up scripts that set the legend values. Best regards, -...

Query to Report Glitch
(I posted this in Reports... but am reposting here) I have a transaction # for each record in my main form with a subform "Approvals" and "Checkouts". I created a query to show the sum of all Approvals and all Checkouts by Transaction # for each record. (one for Accruals and one for Checkouts). All approvals and checkouts come up in these queries. I want to create a report showing, per Cost Center, the $ amt of Approvals, the $ amt of Checkouts, and a calculated field to show the remaining value. The report comes up with all approvals and checkouts per cost center...

3-tier Crosstab Query & Report
I need to create a query which when completed will popluate a report that has a 3-tiered column layout. I have multiple Stations (numbered text field like: PMW-8) where multiple Samples (numbered text like: ATA-001) were taken on various Dates (Month/Year format). Those become my tiers. I need to identify the total amount of each Parameter (Ferrous Iron, Methane, Sulfate, etc..) that were Sampled on the various random Dates at each of the Stations. Does anyone have a good example of this type of layout? -- Thank you, cs ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "What lies behind us and ...