Conditional Number Formats

I would like to change the number of decimals shown for
each number in a row of 50 columns based upon its value.
For example, if the number is >100 then no decimals; if
between 100 and 10 then 1 decimal place; and if <10 then 2
decimal places.

I thought I could use conditional formatting, but it
appears that technique only allows one to change fonts and
backgrounds, not the formats of the numbers themselves.
Is there any work-around or other tool I can try?

Thanks in advance.
0
anonymous (74722)

You could try the conditional formatting addin at
http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus.Download.html which allows greater
style of formats as well as more than 3 conditions.

--

HTH

RP

"AMcCormick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to change the number of decimals shown for
> each number in a row of 50 columns based upon its value.
> For example, if the number is >100 then no decimals; if
> between 100 and 10 then 1 decimal place; and if <10 then 2
> decimal places.
>
> I thought I could use conditional formatting, but it
> appears that technique only allows one to change fonts and
> backgrounds, not the formats of the numbers themselves.
> Is there any work-around or other tool I can try?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

how to format :send picture with message: as a default
each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express for my mail. LYNNY <LYNNY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send > picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there > permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express > for my mail. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

FORMATING COLUMNS..... HELP
I need to format columns to allow only 7 characters and the rest of the data to go into column B -- JTEFUN "JTEFUN" <JTEFUN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C5C7A99-E83F-430E-9576-6D1DB57B9311@microsoft.com... >I need to format columns to allow only 7 characters and the rest of the >data > to go into column B > -- > JTEFUN > If you mean that if a user types a lot of data into the one cell and that when they reach 7 characters the rest of the data is automatically inserted into the next cell, then I don't think you can do that....

How can I prioritize tasks by number in Outlook 2007?
I am trying to create a custom priority for my tasks in Outlook 2007, but I'm not able to edit the field that was created when I changed the settings to include a custom priority. I'm trying to put a number into it, so that I can sort my tasks in a certain category by number, but I'm not able to. We aren't watching you and your explanation is missing details. Where in Outlook are you trying to view the Tasks? There are 3 places to see Tasks. If in the Task Folder, what View are you in? If in Tasks folder you probably need to turn on in-line editing. Regards Judy Gle...

Calculate number of months
Hello, I have a field where I am trying to implement a calculation. I want it to take the date in a cell and subtract it from today's date to show me the total number of months between those two dates. So right now, it looks like =(TODAY())-D3 and it returns 167 - the total number of days. How do I make it show me months? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE =Month(Today())-Month(D3) "TxWebDesigner" <beverly@beverlylanedesigns.com> schreef in bericht news:e3fR#jXWJHA.5032@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I have a field where I am trying to implement a calculation...

I have a problem with getting a total Sum of numbers (URGENT)
I'd really appreciate if someone could help me here. I am using Microsoft Excel 2002 on a Microsoft Office XP system. I a trying to develop a minor league baseball schedule, but am having som problems. I have attached a copy of my spreadsheet to give everyone some idea o what I'm doing here. I have where the fans list the "RUNS, HITS & ERRORS) of both teams an for each game of the series. I then have it set up in the TOTA WON/LOST column where if the T-Bones RUNS are more than the SALTDOG runs, a "1" appears in the WON column. If the SALTDOGS have a highe numbe...

BULK Conditional Formatting
I've read the posts on conditional formatting for cell colour based o another cell's value (eg. set the conditional formatting to "formul is" and then "=A1>0" and set the colour as red / blue / whatever...) however wondering if I can do this for an entire column withou individually changing the conditional formatting for each cell one b one (as there are over 400 rows). Basically I need a formula that reads the contents of column B for th particular row that is active. Can anyone help -- Rob Moyl ---------------------------------------------------------------...

number in system using arrivals and departures
Is there and easy way to figure out the total number of persons in a system if have access to the arrival and departure times. I have tried to use counts with if statements, but I keep getting the number 1. I know this is not correct. Is there any special macros or functions Thanks Hi you may provide some more details about your data. Could you post some example rows (plain text - no attachments please) and describe your expecte result -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany megv wrote: > Is there and easy way to figure out the total number of persons in a > system if have access...

how would you calculate the number of hits to your website
Hi ,' can some one tell to me the answer of this question On a website, how would you calculate the number of hits to your website ...

columns changed to numbers instead of letters?
I noticed my excel clumns have changed from letters to numbers and forumlas now look like =RC[-1]*R[-3]C[6] I was trying to make the R[-3]C[6] static (using the $) but it errors. Thanks Mike In Excel Options uncheck "R1C1 Reference Style" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 20:25:30 -0400, Mike <no_please@not.com> wrote: >I noticed my excel clumns have changed from letters to numbers and >forumlas now look like =RC[-1]*R[-3]C[6] >I was trying to make the R[-3]C[6] static (using the $) but it errors. >Thanks >Mike ...

Format Problem
I have a report of a crosstab query. I formatted the left column of the report with Text Align set to Right. The report is chopping off the last character of the term, even if I set the Right Margin to 0.5". Doing so just puts space between the right edge of the border and the end of the chopped word I have played with all of the format settings in the properties with no success. If I set Text Align to Left the word is not chopped, but I would prefer Text Align set to right. Is there a way to fix this format issue with Text Align set to the Right? -- Message posted via http://www.acce...

A way to increase a number in a cell by using the + key
Hi, i do a lot of data entry and am looking for a way to increase the number in a cell (or range of cells) so that i dont have to enter the new number in each time. I have columns that separate items and i use the sheet to show the total count for each item in it's row. eg Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 2 5 4 I'd like to use the + key only to increase the counts for each item. Did i make sense?? It's a Friday and my mind isn't quite up for a lot of detailed explanations, lol. Any assistance would be appreciated. Tim That would require VBA How far are you will...

Conditional Statements and Time Format
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I need to calculate a range of time in a cell and display a value in another cell. Example is in cell F2 I have a time displayed of 15:34, and in the calculation window it displays as 3:34:00 PM. In Cell F3 I want to display one of three things, "1st shift", "2nd shift" or "3rd shift". Is it possible to use the conditional statements to give me the value of "1st shift" when cell F2 is between >= 07:00 and < 15:00? I can't find anything that speaks to getting thee range information from time. Thanks, Brian ...

reference number #2
--------------------------------- Where does the information in the "reference number" field in the transaction table come from? I see tranactions with reference numbers - the first part of which appears to be the year, month and day - but I can't figure out the second part. It is nothing that we have intentionally entered while ringing out the customer. Pls help. -Tracey ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.p...

Rich Text formatting in Access 2007
In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a memo field (or mixed formatting within any text field). I have just upgraded to the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not been added. Is this correct? (If so, why?) If it is not possible to format individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free add-in that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as adding italic, bold, and underlining? Thanks very much for any information you may have. Bob Rich Text format for Memos in: Tables - Look in t...

formatting cell in vlookup
HELP I have an excel spreadsheet that is e:mailed to me by my home office. I use the vlookup feature to find the value in cell b from the information in a Proble At times when the answer is N/A and I go to the e:mailed spreadsheet to see if that number is really not there, it is in the e;mailed spreadsheet. If I type over that number in the cell on the e;mailed spreadsheet, then the formula will work in the target spreadsheet, sometimes This e;mailed spreadsheet is at a shared location on a servier, and the items I fix in the e;mailed spreadsheet on my desk top, are not available in any ...

number changes to date ... how do I change
I am trying to do an "age" range: 1-9 10-19 20-29 Instead I get September 9, 2004 or October 19 I can't figure out how to change it. Please help! Thank you! kk Format->Cells->Number Change the type to Text, and it should keep everything the way you want it. If you don't specify a type, Excel takes a guess based on what you enter. Hope that helps. -Bob --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Random numbers, Canadian Zip Code style #2
Honestly, I don't even know where to begin -- Shocke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Shocked's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1489 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26523 ...

Add numbers accross columns after stripping away text
I have the following data in a spreadsheet: A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1 4.5f 6f 3.5f 3f 7.25f I need to be able to add the numbers together to give me 24.25, i.e. strip the fs away. The numbers will always be less than 10 and the there will only ever be .25 or.5 or .75 after the number (I don't know whether that is significant?). If anyone can show me how to do this I would be very grateful. I have been messing around with MID and FIND to no avail and then started thinking that SUMPRODUCT might have to get involved but it all got a bit m...

Conditions on form calculated textbox
Hello, In a form called Schedule (based on the table Schedule) I have the following textboxes that are bound to the table Schedule: Time In, Time Out, Time Off, Anomaly and Overtime I also have an unbound textbox called HRS that gives me the result of the following equation: =[Time Out] - [Time In] - [Time Off] - [Anomaly] + [Overtime] The above result gives me the daily hours that someone worked. The formating is decimal, as an example. 16.5 (4:30) - 7.5 (7:30) - 1.0 - 1.0+ 3.0 = 10.0 I also added another figure for lunch the hour [16.5 (4:30) - 7.5 (7:30) - 1.0 - 1.0...

Copy a formula formatted as Text In Excel
I have a UDF that returns the formula of a given cell in a text format. Is there anyway to have excel recognize that the result of the function is a formula and not text. Once I click on the cell, hit F2 to edit it and then enter, Excel realizes it's a formula and then calculates the value, Nope. The formula in the cell is going to be the UDF--not the what formula string looks like. You could add some more steps. Select the range (if more than one cell) Convert to values (edit|copy, edit|paste special|values) and finally edit|replace what: = (equal sign) with: = replace all And exce...

Conditional Concatenate
Hi all. Its been a while since I was last here. I'm wondering if its possibl to devise a formula which concatenates a sentence in column B each tim there's an occurence in column A ? Thanks T -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: B1: =IF(A1<>"",A1 & " starts this sentence.","") copy down as far as necessary. In article <twaccess.16eioe@excelforum-nospam.com>, twaccess <<twaccess.16eioe@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > I'm wondering if its possible > to devise a formula which concaten...

Conditional Signatures
Is there some way to set conditional signatures? eg. If I am sending a message to someone within my company (on my exchange server) it will use a short signature but if I send a message to someone outside my company it uses another longer signature? ...

Custom or conditional format to highlight today's date?
Using Excel 2002, I have all 365 days of the year listed in column B, formatted as "03/14/01". When i open the workbook, I would like the current date to be bold and red. Can I do this with a conditional format? I have tried =Today with no success. Thanks Tonso "Tonso" <wthomasss@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:13885af2-777c-43ff-9684-1b5bda8d95d6@o6g2000yql.googlegroups.com... > Using Excel 2002, I have all 365 days of the year listed in column B, > formatted as "03/14/01". When i open the workbook, I would like the > current date to b...

Formatting and loss of emails/contacts/etc?
Hi folks, Have to format and reinstall everything ... XP PRO/OFFICE 02 PRO ... I have emails/contacts/etc that I would like to be able take with me when I reinstall ... I can save copies of Excel/Word files to another hardrive. Is there a painless way of saving Outlook email/contact/etc files? Thanks in advance, Debbie The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Just copy and reuse this file after you reformat. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/c...

Font Format
I have merged two different sets of data where one sheet has names in all caps and the other not in all caps. When I'm doing a pivot table, it is using the names as two different values. There is no option in the font format to make the non-cap names into all caps. How can I make the font all consistent so that it is not appearing as two different values. Thanks! "mira" <mira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A30BAA4-8640-47C2-8B7F-9B777A6A66D6@microsoft.com... >I have merged two different sets of data where one sheet has names in all > caps...