Conditional Formula based on previous date + 30

I have a spread sheet that caluclates when proposals expire.

Date Sent	                 Follow Up date
January 13, 2010	February 12, 2010

What I am looking for is for the Follow up date to turn RED when the date is
expired (over the date listed).

Just use CF with a formula of

=B2>TODAY()

--

HTH

Bob

>I have a spread sheet that caluclates when proposals expire.
>
> Date Sent                  Follow Up date
> January 13, 2010 February 12, 2010
>
> What I am looking for is for the Follow up date to turn RED when the date
> is
> expired (over the date listed).

0
Bob

How to count cells that are highlighted by conditional formatting
How do I return a count of how many cells in a range are highlighted (via conditional formatting) without using VBA in Excel 2007? What conditions are used to set the CF in those cells? You need to construct a formula which incorporates those conditions - this might be a simple SUMIF if the condition is simple (eg cell greater than 10), but may need to be more complex than this. Post back with further details if you need more help. Hope this helps. Pete On Feb 10, 3:11=A0pm, jngbutler35 <jngbutle...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I return a count of how ...

Print a report from a form based on a query
I have a form that I enter a parameter and run a query which pulls anywhere from 1-???? records. After these records are displayed, I have the option of printing them (as a report) from a print command button which I can't get to work. My form has a header with an Equip code and multiple detail lines. This code is passed to a query which would run and pull my data again as the report has more data in the online form. My problem is that this isn't getting to the report. Am I making this more complicated than it has to be. On Fri, 14 May 2010 12:57:01 -0700, Mommybear ...

Formula help please
HI, HELP REQUIRED WITH FORMULA FOR EXCEL PLEASE Q: EXCEL WORKBOOK WITH TWO SHEETS, ONE TITLED MON & THE OTHER STAT. ON SHEET MON, I HAVE TWO COLUMNS (H, K) WITH A RANGE OF SAY 20 LINES EACH. ON SHEET STAT, I HAVE TWO CELLS (B5, F5) ON A LINE. I WANT ‘MON’ ‘H’ TO COMPARE WITH ‘STAT’ ‘B5’. ON ‘H’ LINES THAT MATCH WITH ‘B5’, IF A NUMBER IS ENTERED IN THE CORRESPONDING ‘MON’ ‘K’ LINE, ‘STAT’ ‘F5’ WILL COUNT IT. EXAMPLE: ‘STAT’ B5 = MM ‘MON’ H8 & H12 = MM ‘MON’ K8 = 0800 & K12=’ANYTHING BUT A NUMBER’ RESULT ON ‘STAT’ F5 SHOULD BE ‘1’ THANKS! JOHN Hi John...

Help me please, with a formula!
Hi everyone, i need help with the following please: Cell B16 contains a date (which is validated so it is a wednesday) If no data inputed in to cell B27 (9 days > then the date in cell B16) i want cell B27 to turn red. However if cell b16 contains no data then I want cell B27 to do nothing. Hope that makes sense. Many many thanks Dan ...

Conditional Formatting based on deadlines
I'm trying to change the colour of rows based on how close the deadlin is. The deadline date is in column E I've been trying =IF $E2<DATE+7 So, if the date in E2 is 7 days away or less, then apply conditiona formatting. Excel won't accept this, though. Any ideas -- madblok ----------------------------------------------------------------------- madbloke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1442 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27448 Under conditional formatting set condition 1 Formula is =+$...

I'd like to conditionally format a cell based on today's date
I have a column that contains important dates, and I'd like to say make the forecolor red if they're 3 months away, blue if their 6 months away, etc... How do I do this? Look up "conditional formatting" in Excel help. -- David Biddulph "0to60" <holeshot60_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23mzT42nAJHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have a column that contains important dates, and I'd like to say make the >forecolor red if they're 3 months away, blue if their 6 months away, etc... > > How do I do this? On Aug 20, 2:32=A0...

Summing a complex formula
I have a form set to continuous and one of the fields has this as the control source: =IIf([EI_Exempt]=Yes,Round(([EIBase]*DFirst("EI_Rate","tblTaxRates")))*Round(DFirst("EI_Employer_Rate","tblTaxRates")),0) (Round is a defined function...rounds to the nearest cent.) I've named that field EI_Employee In the form footer I would like to show the sum of the column. If that's possible, how would I do it? I've tried using =SUM([EI_Employee]) and =SUM(IIf([EI_Exempt]=Yes,Round(([EIBase]*DFirst("EI_Rate","tblTaxRa...

Access Run-time 04-30-10
I want to deploy Access Run-time 2007, but found out I can't because it will not run on Windows 2000. Are there any alternatives? Upgrading the OS (Xp, Vista, Windows7) is not an option in this case. Thank you, QB Sorry, but there's no alternative. Access 2007 (and, in fact, all Office 2007: see http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/suites/HA101668651033.aspx) require a minimum of Windows XP SP2 in order to run. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "QB" <QB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

DSUM with dates
I have a column with some dates and some blanks, and I want to include all values in my DSUM that have dates in the row - as well as some other criteria. I can't find a way to specify in my criteria, that it should include the date rows and exclude the blanks. I've tried things like '<>""' and '=*' , but I can't get it to work. (It'd even be OK if I could sum all the rows with blanks, because then I could use the difference from the overall sum) I'd be very grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks ...

dates 07-22-07
Hi, Is there a tutorial about how to find certain records between 2 dates? On Jul 22, 12:36 pm, "Khalil Handal" <khhan...@stthom.edu> wrote: > Hi, > Is there a tutorial about how to find certain records between 2 dates? SELECT ... FROM WHERE MyTable.SomeDate BETWEEN Date1 and Date2; hi, I should put the dates manualy in this case. I was wondering if I can put the dates in an unbounded object in a form and see the records below? <pietlinden@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1185127080.070066.152460@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... > On Jul 22, 12:36 pm, &...

countif and dates
My spreadsheet includes a column with the date (mm/dd/yr) of the entry. Can I use countif to count the number of entries that were made in each month? Thanks, JAF Hi! Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(F1:F10)=1)) Replace the 1 with the appropriate month number. Biff >-----Original Message----- >My spreadsheet includes a column with the date (mm/dd/yr) of the >entry. Can I use countif to count the number of entries that were made >in each month? Thanks, JAF >. > Just a heads up in case there might be blank cells, the formula will count blank cells as January =SUMPRODUC...

VBA/Macro/Date format help
Hello Firstly I apologise if this is not the right forum. Some kind soul (I forget who, sorry) wrote me a macro that copied the contents of 4 columns to another part of a spreadsheet if the date matched today's date. For some reason I can't fathom, when it copies the date, it does so in US format rather than the UK format which is the setting for my PC. Given that today's date (2nd August) in UK reads as 02/08/03 the US format returns the date of Feb 2nd. I really don't understand VBA at all, when I call the help file Excel can't locate it, and I'm struggling! I can ...

i need help with finding a specific formula
Hi Within Excel I want to be able to run the following formula. I want excel to do the following in laymans terms We have a coloumn of figures. I want excel to look through the coloumn and if any of the figures match I want to add a value on to the original value ! Hope that makes sense and hope someone can help Cheers You could do this with a pivot table. "Dave Edinburgh" <Dave Edinburgh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:934EF11A-8442-4A3C-9FCD-4185646C5AED@microsoft.com... > Hi Within Excel I want to be able to run the following formula. I want &g...

Sorting dates
I have a list of names and their DOB in DD/MM/YYYY format. There is a Help topic which says to go to custom sort order and choose one of the samples to sort in, say, MONTH order. Is there a way to sort this list of dates by month WITHOUT separating the DD...MM...YYYY into separate columns?? Dave French David, You don't have to separate them, but you'll need a helper column on which to sort, if you want them ordered by month. This presumes you want all the January's of various years together, etc. =MONTH(A2) copied down. This will give you 1 for Jan, etc. Sort the table ...

Nesting or joining two formulas???
I currently have two formulas that I'm needing to somehow join togethe but I have not been able to do this legally. {This formula gives a sum of any time over 8 hours and displays i using a decimal value.} My cells are formatted to 0### for cells C10 through F10 and cell H1 is converted to decimal using the formula below. [this formula located in H10] =IF((F10-E10)+(D10-C10)>800, (F10-E10)+(D10-C10)-800, 0)/100 {I still needed the above formula to display in quarter hou increments, ie: .15 = .25, .30 = .50 etc. This was submitted to me b JanetW and works great seperately when pla...

live mail how do I insert time and date into message --- all -- every message a ez way to automatically insert time and date into live message
live mail how do I insert time and date into message --- all -- every message a ez way to automatically insert time and date into live message.... inventsomething at live dot com Greg ps how do I insert signature into a live mail message? Every email will have the time and date in the upper right corner - what do you mean exactly? The signature can be accomplished via Tools - Options - Signatures. You can have multiple signatures and assign them to specific email accounts, and, you can select which signature you want to apply on each email you compose - View ...

Date & Time Detention Clock Functions
Hi I am creating a sheet that acts as a production clock and works out various factors that can change for work. I need help in several areas the production item has two clocks running simultaneously and as I cannot post my sheet I will try to explain what I mean. Product item I will call X X arrives say at 13:00 hrs today it has to be out within 24 hrs exactly I need a cell to add on 24 hours which shows the date and time known as Relevant Out date / time. During the 24 hours X may be transferred to another facility so I have to show that X is transfers out (I enter this cell with...

hiding formula error #DIV/0!
Hithere, In a sheet, for a cell I use the formula: =(F4/1,19-D4)/(F4/1,19) If there is no input yet in cells F4 or D4 an error message "#DIV/0!" is shown. I don't want this message visable when there is no input yet in F4 and D4. The solution I found Googling was to use =IF(ISERROR(OriginalFormula),"",OriginalFormula) Translating that to my formula, I came up with: =IF(ISERROR((F4/1,19-D4)/(F4/1,19)),"",(F4/1,19-D4)/(F4/1,19)) Inserting this formula however makes Excel complaining that there is an error in this formula, specificly pointing to the ,&quo...

Formulas within Cell References #2
I tried to do that but it will not work in the actual cell reference I'm stumped. humejap Wrote: > Have you tried the formula > > =Concatenate("$J$",H1) > > > -- > humejap > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > humejap's Profile > http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5506 > View this thread > http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39509 -- jhockstr I missed the original question, but whilst =Concatenate("$J$",H1) will join to give $J$ joined to t...

formula for moving data into new table
Hi I have a text file of football results. i.e. utd|3|rovers|3 city|2|town|2 etc. Delimited into Columns This file is imported in excel. Now i want to create a results grid from that data utd rovers city town etc AWAY utd X 2-2 3-3 rovers 1-2 city 2-3 town etc HOME.... Where the results are 3-3 2-2 etc.. I need (here it comes) a formula.( I hope) that uses the data in the imported text file I think this should be possible but I can't get it right. I'm sure someone with more experience than myself may find a solution. Cheers Peter :confused: --- Message ...

Excel 2002
Hello everyone, I have searched for an answer to this question and hav not found anything close to it. so here goes, I have approx 300 plus formulas on a single sheet workbook. I woul like to change all the formulas either through the find / replac method and substitue them with variables. For example COUNTIF('C:\Transfer_reports\Robert_old\[NEW_Transfer_LOG_CLOSED.xls]Octobe 2003'!$F$26:$F$197,"OPD FDR") The above formula has multiple sections that would need to b substituted such as C:\Transfer_reports\Robert_old\ would now be PATHVALUE NEW_Transfer_LOG_CLOSED.xls ...

is there a conditional xls chart (ie change the graph dot color)?
how do i setup a conditional xls chart? for example the individual points at the chart color changes w/ the condtion (ie if it is below 90, turn red, if it is above 90 trun green, etc)? kindly, b. lee Have a look here for details. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy bribri wrote: > how do i setup a conditional xls chart? for example the individual points at > the chart color changes w/ the condtion (ie if it is below 90, turn red, if > it is above 90 trun green, etc)? > > kindly, > > b. lee -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Ex...

Appending or Up-dating a formula
I am using an =Ave function in a formula to average quite a few cell values together. I add new information all the time; sometimes 5 or 6 new cells at a time. How can I append or up-date my formula to include these new cells without having to type the new cells into the formula? When I make the cell that has the formula in it active/edit, all of the cells that are referenced in the formula have a highlight around them. Is there a key or key combination I can press while clicking on the cells I want to add to the formula? Thanks, john Hi why not make the range large enough. AVERAGE ...

Formatting date to week
Hi All, I'm trying to create a select query which have field date. Now I want have a field which return the date value to week format.How to create it.I want the week change every monday at 7.30 am.How to make access achieve it.Hope somebody like to help. If by "week format" you mean the number of the week, something like below will work somewhat: TheWeekNumber: DatePart("ww", [TheDateField], vbMonday) It does not take into account your need for it starting at 7:30am. If the date field has a time element, something like this may meet your needs: TheWeekNumbe...

Excel wont recognise date format
I export a set of data from SQL and have a column showing dates. An example of this format is 5/13/2007 6:19:07 PM which is May, 13 2007. I need to format this column to show just the date without the time element. but excel wont recognise this as a date. How can I work around this? Thanks for your kind advice. Regards Frendi, It sound like the *Date* is actually time try: =INT(A1+0) -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "Fendi Baba" <effendi@epitome.co...