Conditional Formatting Question - Different Cell Colors??

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet that shows the top ten cell phone users for eac
month, and I would like to apply some type of conditional formatting s
it highlights all the duplicate names each with its own color.

For example:

John Smith = Fill Yellow
Jack Johnson = Fill Green

Does someone know a way I could do this?

Thanks,

Olimits

--
olimits
olimits7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1587

Do you mean identify the top, fill all instances of that yellow, all 2nd
green, etc?

If so, where is the names, and the item that constitutes top users?

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"olimits7" <olimits7.1tjxis_1123682728.5994@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:olimits7.1tjxis_1123682728.5994@excelforum-nospam.com...

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15879
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=394588

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
8/10/2005 2:20:57 PM
olimits7 Wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a spreadsheet that shows the top ten cell phone users for eac
> month, and I would like to apply some type of conditional formatting s
> it highlights all the duplicate names each with its own color.
>
> For example:
>
> John Smith = Fill Yellow
> Jack Johnson = Fill Green
>
> Does someone know a way I could do this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Olimits7

Hi Olimits7

You can use Conditional Formatting, as follows

Select all the cells where you may want the cells filled, then selec
Format > Conditional Formatting > next to "Cell Value is select "equa
to" then in the next box type the name, then click on the "Format
button, select the "Patterns" tab and choose which ever colour yo
want, repeat for other names

Hope this helps

Pau

--
Paul Sheppar
Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2478

asap utilities question
I have Msft. Excel Vsn 2002 and latest vsn. of ASAP Utilities. I used ASAP Utilities to merge single rows of data together so that more than one row will fit on a single line of text. My question now, is, is it possible using ASAP Utilities to separate the data that has been merged back into single rows of data? All information welcomed! Aaron ...

Isinteg Warning Message Question

open two different Access reports

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

how to match the color of a button with its background?
Hi, I have a owner draw push button. I associate it with two bitmaps, one is down and the other is up. Is there a way to make the bitmaps's background color match the color of the window where the button is located. I manually choose the best matched color but still the result is not good. I can even see a white border line (not drawn by me) when the button is pushed. Please help. Thanks. Tony Check out http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vcresed/html/_asug_choosing_an_opaque_or_transparent_background.asp May Young <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:<408473...

Single click selects multiple cells

Dotfuscator question
Hello Everybody !!! When i create programm using C# i must understand that my programm from exe - module can be converted to the source file by Reflector. In Order do not allow do this i must use dotfuscator, but i did not find any free normal dotfuscator. May be someone tell me what can i do cause now as think we have interesting paradox. We 've got free technology but if we want to protect our products we must buy expensive commercial dotfuscators. Alex Dmitriev You should post this message in a newsgroup which discusses managed code. This newsgroup does not have much managed traff...

Fractions Number format

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

OE questions
Ok, I have two questions: 1. With Thunderbird I can use this with a hotkey manager to compose a new message with Tbird "D:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird \thunderbird.exe -compose" -- how can I do the same for Outlook Express and Outlook 2003? 2. When I go to load Outlook Express I get this error message, followed by the error message below it: http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x296/gwar_1/Untitled-3.png how can I fix this and use Outlook Express? Thanks! posted to the outlookexpress newsgroup via crosspost --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Re...

question about Time

question on the rules wizard
When clikcing on the Rules Wizard, Outlook locks up - consistently. Has anyone got a remedy for this? Thank you, rich rpage@concerto.com ...

Mailboxsize is different
hi! i've got a crazy problem. when you look at the mailboxes in the exchange system manager, then you see, e.g. user xy with 220 mb mailboxsize. but when you look at the outlook, then the mailbox size is only 150 mb. but there are no filters or something else activated. and the problem is on the local outlook and on the terminalserver outlook. i hope someone has a solution about my problem. thanks. stefan ...

HQ Licensing question V.2
I have a client running HQ client at 8 stores + HQ server at the warehouse. They would like to be able to use transfers from the warehouse to the stores, so I would have to setup a new PC running Store Ops and a new database, however, in order for the transfers to take place, I need a HQ Client License correct? Do I also need a POS key? I appreciate any insights you may have. Thanks in advance Hi Phil yes - you'll need an HQ Client license so it can exchange with your headquarters - "export" the wh database as you would any store from HQ no - you won't need a PO...