Conditional Formatting - possible in a chart?

Using conditional formatting in a group of cells, I know how to make the
highest number appear in bold type:
=MAX($C$14:$C$23), then format BOLD.

Is there a way to apply this condition to a chart?

thanks

0
slkdjfs (3)

Atom,

It can be done via an event macro.  If you're willing, we can give you some
code.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"atom" <slkdjfs@asdfa.net> wrote in message
> Using conditional formatting in a group of cells, I know how to make the
> highest number appear in bold type:
> =MAX($C$14:$C$23), then format BOLD.
>
> Is there a way to apply this condition to a chart?
>
> thanks

0
nowhere8060 (363)
11/11/2003 8:24:54 PM
Yes I'm willing, a little frightened, but willing!

thanks

Earl Kiosterud wrote:

> Atom,
>
> It can be done via an event macro.  If you're willing, we can give you some
> code.
>
> --
> Earl Kiosterud
> mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net
>
> "atom" <slkdjfs@asdfa.net> wrote in message
> > Using conditional formatting in a group of cells, I know how to make the
> > highest number appear in bold type:
> > =MAX($C$14:$C$23), then format BOLD.
> >
> > Is there a way to apply this condition to a chart?
> >
> > thanks

0
slkdjfs (3)
11/11/2003 8:37:02 PM
Atom -

The first two examples on this page show non-VBA techniques:
  http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/format.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

atom wrote:

> Yes I'm willing, a little frightened, but willing!
>
> thanks
>
> Earl Kiosterud wrote:
>

>>Atom,
>>
>>It can be done via an event macro.  If you're willing, we can give you some
>>code.
>>
>>--
>>Earl Kiosterud
>>mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net
>>-------------------------------------------
>>
>>"atom" <slkdjfs@asdfa.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Using conditional formatting in a group of cells, I know how to make the
>>>highest number appear in bold type:
>>>=MAX($C$14:$C$23), then format BOLD.
>>>
>>>Is there a way to apply this condition to a chart?
>>>
>>>thanks

Entity Condition in Workflow Manager
I am trying to use "Product" as a condition in a workflow rule. I want to assign the case to a particular queue based upon the Product. I added Product to Case creation form, but it is not showing up as a valid "Field" when creating the Condition. How do I add it into this list as well? Thanks. What's really weird is that if I create a "Custom Attribute" for cases, it shows up as a valid conidition????? "JS" wrote: > I am trying to use "Product" as a condition in a workflow rule. I want to > assign the case to a particu...

Conditional Sumproduct() Based on the Time of the Day
I was wondering how I can get a conditional Sumproduct to know what time of day it is and sum only the columns that meet the following criteria. 1) If it is before 11AM then all the "< Noon-1" Columns for each unit is added together in the "totals" column for each row of areas. 2) If it is after 11 but before 1PM then the "totals" column adds all the "Noon" Columns 3) If it is after 1PM then the "totals" column adds all the "> Noon+1" Columns There can be as many as 300 Units per month and every month has it...

Excel formatting issues
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Recently I have started having problems with excel not displaying the correct format. For instance I format the cell for currency and the number doesn't change to currency. Also, don't remember having the zero value problem before-numbers starting with zero not showing the Zero. It almost like I have some kind of bug or something. I have the latest update v 12.2.3 any suggestions? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may no...

Data Validation Query:
Hi Guys, First Post. I need help with the following: I have a row of cells that is custom formatted as H:MM 1) Users enter their overtime in hours and minutes (H:MM) What I am trying to do is have data validation that they can only put their overtime H:MM 2) I try and validate their input by going to DATA | VALIDATION | ALLOW | CUSTOM | and custom = H:MM For some reason this will not work. Does anybody know how to get this working? Any Help would be much appreciated. Rgds, Bw --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can choose "Time" from the Allow list...

Excel to Outlook on condition
Sending an email message from Excel 2003 using Outlook 2003 is rather easy. But how do I program to send such an e-mail when a certain condition is fulfilled in Excel e.g. A1=5, B1=6; C1=A1+B1. A message should only be sent when C1>10. You could use the Worksheet_Calculate event to trap when C1 goes over 10. Dim fSent as Boolean Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() If Not fSent Then If Me.Range("C1").Value > 10 Then sendMyMail fSent = True EndIf Else If Me.Range("C1").VAlue <= 10 Then fSent = False...

Having Formatting Remain on "Called" cell using IF function
I'm using an IF function to call some other cells, but I want to have the various words color coded, eg ("Certified" is green, "Recertify" is yellow, and "Not Certified" is red). I have the IF function working correctly, but when it "calls" the cell to have it display the appropriate word, the color of each word is not brought along with it...only the text. Is there a way to be able to color code it so that the appropriate color appears? Thanks! -- Zaraf ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Zaraf's Profi...

Chart to show response to a question. One of answer 15 choices.
I know this will be simple but I can't figure it out. On a number of given dates I ask how happy people are and get a number of responses between 1 and 15. I then need to plot the number of occurences of those individual respones i.e. two people were 2, three people were 7 etc. I guess it might be a simple X/Y but I just cannot fathom it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Nick. Hi, You need to create a summary table of possible responses and tally. Assuming responses are in A1:A15 in B1:B5 are the value 1 to 5, which are the available responses. ...

Adding a Benchmark line in an Excel chart
I have created a great looking Excel chart. I now need to add a benchmark line to show what parts of my column bars are below or above the benchmarked data. Is there an easy way to do this and show the number on the line what the benchmark actually is? I have just been manually drawing a line with the line tool then using a text box to write in the number. I would love to be able to tell Excel what the benchmark is and have it draw it on the graph. Hi, Enter your benchmark figure in a cell. This will be your y value. Add a suitable x value in the cell to the left of your y value. Plot t...

Very strange problem when inserting a picture in a 3D Chart
When trying to format the salls or the data series of a 3D Chart with a picture fill, a copy of the Worksheet the data is being taken from appears behind the picture. This is the staangest thing I have ever seen. This does hnt ha[pen when the chart is not a 3D chart. This did not happen before. We are Using Windows XP & Excel 2003. I could not find anything in the knowledgebase or support center. Has anyone else ever seen anything like this? Suggestions? ...

How do I get charts to ignore results of a formula if it equals 0
Hi, Use NA() instead of zero. Depending on your chart type the point will not be plotted. Cheers Andy ChrisRox wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Multiple Pie Chart
How do you create a multiple pie chart? e.g. if you have 3 groups A, B and C, each which 3 different category X, Y and Z. Is it possible to put it all into one chart? I have done it but it has to be done individually and it takes time. There's no chart type that combines multiple independent pies in the same chart. Your approach (three sepaarate charts) is how I would do it. Unless you want to try one of the approaches in this article: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=471 These look great, combining the data into a single apparent chart, but they act...

REPLICATES ON CHART
i"m following an experiment and have several measurements each day under the same conditions> i want to chart all the data (scatter) with a line which shows mw the range or deviation of each day"s data group for each day> i know is a silly question but i cannot find the way could somebody help me with that-- Thanks Alejandro Do you mean you collect a number of reading each day, and you want to chart the average of these plotted against the date together with error bars showing either the min & max or the standard deviation (which) ? Can we assume the dates are in colu...

Resizing elements of Excel charts
Any ideas why Excel won't let me resize my plot area or legend, etc.? I can get the double arrow handles to show up, but they won't work. Oh - I just realized it is because I am working with a PivotChart. I can avoid that, but for the future is there any way to resize elements of PivotCharts, or is what you see what you get? "Artifactual" wrote: > Any ideas why Excel won't let me resize my plot area or legend, etc.? I can > get the double arrow handles to show up, but they won't work. Pivot charts do not have the same flexibility as normal charts. The...

bar chart on 2 axis
I am trying to create a bar chart. I have 9 series for which each have 2 sets of data value. I want to create a bar chart where each series is represented by 1 bar, with the chart having one set of values along the x axis and one along the y axis. I am having great difficulty with this. Can you help at all? Full instructions are found at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Hannah" <Hannah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED02B24D-AEA9-40E0-8D8C-4199...

2007 Charts not retaining formatting
We have a spreadsheet that we have put together with a number of calculations and charts. Several scheets have two charts on it with the data and some comments. The system keeps changing some of the chart formatting such as label sizes, color or even the size of the whole chart. This can happen when we get ready to print several sheets or even save the file exit Excel and reopen the file. It seems to have a lot of loose ends with things just happening to the formats in the file. This was a new spreadsheet created as a 2007 Macro Spreadsheet. (We had to use a custom function since ...

In Excel is it possible to hide a row condtional upon a cell val..
In Excel is it possible to hide a row condtional upon a cell value? with a macro yes,or you could format white text and all values would disapear. -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "Louise" wrote: > In Excel is it possible to hide a row condtional upon a cell value? The white text makes the text disappear, but not the entire row or column of cells. With a macro, is it possible to make the cells automatically unhide then if the data becomes relevant again due to changes? "paul" wrote: > with a macro yes,or you could format white text and all values woul...

If conditions for Data Entry Form
I have a excel database that I track multiple entries based on customer ID #s. Depending on the ID # depends on what sheet the data goes on. Each sheet is set up the same way, in a couple of the columns I have the vlookup formula that looks up the ID # that is typed in and if it is listed on the appointment sheet, that sheet tracks all the appointments, the vlookup (in column A of all the sheets) will display the appointment date (if one exist) otherwise it would be blank. What I need to know is two things: First is it possible to have the form put the new data on the proper s...

Can't Copy and Link Chart into new workbook
I've be trying to copy and paste (and link) a chart into a new workbook. I've tried: Paste Paste Special (paste link) Paste Picture The copy function seems to work. But after I close, reopen, and link to other workbook, I recieve the following error message: The instruction at "0x302b62c3" referenced memory at "0x01d00221". The memory cound not be "read". If I don't link to the new workbook it opens fine, but without updated data. ...

Cell Format #7
Hello, I have a column where I would like to format as ##-##-##- ##-##-##. I went to Format > Cells and format it in Custom category. It works fine when I enter values, but when the data starts with a text, it won't work. Any suggestions. When I entered 123456789123, it converts to 12-34-56-78- 91-23. When I entered AU1234567890, it doesn't do anything. I want it to covert to AU-12-34-56-78-90. Any ideas would be helpful. You can only format numbers that way, you could custom format as "AU"-##-##-##-##-## and just enter the numbers 1234567890 -- Regards, ...

message tracking log format
We are about ready to upgrade from E2k to E2k03. Yes, we know E2k07 is out but we aren't ready to go there yet :) We use the message tracking log to generate some internal security reports. We've noticed a change in some of the data. In Exchange 2000, the log showed the sender or recipient in standard smtp format user@domain In Exchange 2003, it appears that sometimes it shows in an LDAP DN format. So my questions are: 1) is that a configurable option? 2) if not, can someone explain, or point to a KB article, that explains the entries? What is confusing us is the "sometim...

How can I sum amounts formated as B O L D only?
Hi! I need to get a total from a worksheet that has hundreds of amounts in it. However, I only need the total of the amounts that were marked with have BOLD font. Please help me I don't have much experience with EXCEL. Thank you very much! W a n d a Hi, Wanda- By any chance, is there a word next to the bold number? Maybe the word "Total"? It would be easier to derive the total using a word than using the bold format. On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:37:06 -0800, "wanda" <wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! >I need to get a total from a worksheet...

Possiblity of Two X Axis Graph
I need to compare 2008 sales against 2009 sales side by side in asingle graph. My data is given below PERIOD-09 Jan 09 Feb 09 Mar 09 Apr 09 SALES-09 2500 2550 2230 3100 PERIOD-08 Jan 08 Feb 08 Mar 08 Apr 08 SALES-08 1900 1990 2301 2900 Any solution? Fowmy Add a helper column and just display month =MONTH(SerialDate) Use that for the X axis. That may be the easiest way assuming you are only looking at a calendar year. -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "Fowmy" wrote: > I need to compare 2008 sales against 2009 sales side by side in asingle graph. > My data is given below...

How to exclude conditional calculated no or zero values from a cha
Picture this: a chart for 30 days and 30 values. The values come from a different table (sheet1!A:G) using the following formula =IF(VLOOKUP(J11;Sheet1!A:G;2;FALSE)="";"";VLOOKUP(J11;Sheet1!A:G;2;FALSE)). If the table on sheet1 has no value (""), then the a.m. formula also displays no value (""). The chart however does show a zero value, which i do not need. Is there a possibility to not show this zero or no value in a chart? Thanks for your help! Hi, Use the formula NA() instead of "". Here are a couple of pages on the subject. http...

How do I create a combination bar and XY chart?
I'm using Excel 2002 and would like to create a horizontal bar chart with some dots (or other symbols) overlayed on top. The idea is to show an operating range with the bar, and then highlight some key operating points within that range with the dots. Jon Peltier has instructions for a Bar-Scatter graph here: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BarLineCombo.html Engineer_SM wrote: > I'm using Excel 2002 and would like to create a horizontal bar chart with > some dots (or other symbols) overlayed on top. The idea is to show an > operating range with the bar, and ...