Conditional Formatting #N/A to show white

XL2000
until a value is present
a value is inserted

0
methane (42)

------=_NextPart_000_046B_01C43483.49C9D260

Formula=20

=3DISNA(A1)

--=20

HTH

Bob Phillips

  "~Alan" <methane@adelphia.net> wrote in message =
  XL2000=20
        I have several formulas that show #N/A until a value is present=20
    I tried Conditional Formatting to turn that cell white until a value =
is inserted=20
  but I don't know what I am doing..
------=_NextPart_000_046B_01C43483.49C9D260

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Formula </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>=3DISNA(A1)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>HTH</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Bob Phillips<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ... looking out across Poole =
Harbour to=20
the Purbecks<BR>(remove nothere from the email address if mailing=20
direct)<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"~Alan" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:methane@adelphia.net">methane@adelphia.net</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:409BFD76.9C4BF81@adelphia.net">news:409BFD76.9C4BF81@adelphi=
a.net</A>...</DIV>XL2000=20
  <BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have several formulas that show =
#N/A=20
  until a value is present <BR>&nbsp; I tried Conditional Formatting to =
turn=20
  that cell white until a value is inserted <BR>but I don't know what I =
am=20
  doing.. </BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_046B_01C43483.49C9D260--

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

------=_NextPart_000_0049_01C4348D.42D2C980

in conditional formating dialog box select "formula is", and write =
formula: =3DISERROR(A1). A1 stands for cell address vhere is #N/A, and =
format text as white. #N/A will still be present, but it will be =
invisible because its white.
  "~Alan" <methane@adelphia.net> wrote in message =
  XL2000=20
        I have several formulas that show #N/A until a value is present=20
    I tried Conditional Formatting to turn that cell white until a value =
is inserted=20
  but I don't know what I am doing..
------=_NextPart_000_0049_01C4348D.42D2C980

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>in conditional formating dialog box =
select "formula=20
is", and write formula: =3DISERROR(A1). A1 stands for cell address vhere =
is #N/A,=20
and format text as white. #N/A will still be present, but it will be =
invisible=20
because its white.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"~Alan" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:methane@adelphia.net">methane@adelphia.net</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:409BFD76.9C4BF81@adelphia.net">news:409BFD76.9C4BF81@adelphi=
a.net</A>...</DIV>XL2000=20
  <BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have several formulas that show =
#N/A=20
  until a value is present <BR>&nbsp; I tried Conditional Formatting to =
turn=20
  that cell white until a value is inserted <BR>but I don't know what I =
am=20
  doing.. </BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0049_01C4348D.42D2C980--

Thank you both for you help.
the NO ANSWER ?
is the error persay
Is there
conditional formating dialog box select "formula is", and write formula:
=ISERROR(A1). A1 stands for cell address vhere is #N/A, and format text
as white. #N/A will still be present, but it will be invisible because
its white.</font></font>
style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">"~Alan"
&lt;<a href="mailto:methane@adelphia.net">methane@adelphia.net</a>> wrote
in message <a href="news:409BFD76.9C4BF81@adelphia.net">news:409BFD76.9C4BF81@adelphia.net</a>...XL2000
until a value is present
a value is inserted

0
methane (42)
5/7/2004 10:17:57 PM
I have a problem with conditional formatting too. Here's my problem....

I have about 1000 cells that I want to conditional format. Instead o
doing format-> conditional format -> formula is -> iserror(a1)
for every single cell (i would have to change the (a1) for each cell).
Is there a way I can highlight all 1000 cells and conditional forma
each one with one fell swoop

Yes, select all 100, and add the formula

=ISERROR(A1)

it will automatically adjust

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"dude3236 >" <<dude3236.15wqaa@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have a problem with conditional formatting too. Here's my problem....
>
> I have about 1000 cells that I want to conditional format. Instead of
> doing format-> conditional format -> formula is -> iserror(a1)
> for every single cell (i would have to change the (a1) for each cell).
> Is there a way I can highlight all 1000 cells and conditional format
> each one with one fell swoop?
>

> ---

bob.phillips1 (6510)
5/7/2004 11:17:09 PM
hmmm... I tried that and it didnt work.

I highlighted all the cells and entered
FORMULA IS
=iserror(a1)

When I individually check each cell, they all have the same thing:
FORMULA IS
"=iserror(a1)"

Am I missing something?

Bob Phillips wrote:
> *Yes, select all 100, and add the formula
>
> =ISERROR(A1)
>
> it will automatically adjust
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> Bob Phillips
> ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks
>
> "dude3236 >" <<dude3236.15wqaa@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote i
> message
> > I have a problem with conditional formatting too. Here's m
> problem....
> >
> > I have about 1000 cells that I want to conditional format. Instea
> of
> > doing format-> conditional format -> formula is -> iserror(a1)
> > for every single cell (i would have to change the (a1) for eac
> cell).
> > Is there a way I can highlight all 1000 cells and conditiona
> format
> > each one with one fell swoop?
> >

> > ---
> > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

Dude

Select the 1000 cells and Format>CF

Assuming cells are A1:A1000

Formula is:  =ISERROR(A1)

Excel takes care of changing the A1 to A2, A3 etc.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 7 May 2004 17:31:24 -0500, dude3236
<<dude3236.15wqaa@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

>I have a problem with conditional formatting too. Here's my problem....
>
>I have about 1000 cells that I want to conditional format. Instead of
>doing format-> conditional format -> formula is -> iserror(a1)
>for every single cell (i would have to change the (a1) for each cell).
>Is there a way I can highlight all 1000 cells and conditional format
>each one with one fell swoop?
>

>---

Gord
5/7/2004 11:38:53 PM
awesome! thanks! I was being greedy and trying to do it for A1:G50, bu
I guess I'll just have to do it individually for each column. But tha
still saves alot of time.

thank

You can format them all at the same time, as Bob Phillips and Gord
Dibben described.

Select cells A1:G50 -- cell A1 should be the active cell --
   look in the formula box, at the left of the formula bar, and
    you'll see 'A1'

Choose Format>Conditional Formatting
 From the first dropdown, choose Formula Is
In the formula box, type a formula that refers to the active cell:
   =ISERROR(A1)
       --DO NOT enter an absolute reference to cell A1, e.g. $A$1
Click the Format button, and set your formatting options
Click OK, click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

show columns on other worksheet without using formulas
Hi, I have 1 worksheet containing lot's records. Just like in access, each line is 1 record, and each column contains data. ex: WORKSHEET 1: name title address city 1 dfjw kjhk kjhkj kjhk 2 lmkj lkjlk lkjkuf guyg 3 drdtg xcx yjutuy hgyy Now I want to have a selection of columns on worksheet 2: ex, only name and title: WORKSHEET 2: name title 1 dfjw kjhk 2 lmkj lkjlk 3 drdtg xcx I will only add/modify rows in worksheet 1. And I want that this is filled automaticaly in worksheet...

formatting #2
I have a large worksheet that I need to change the text to all caps. I have tried using the UPPER function but it will only work in one cell. How to I get the entire worksheet to become all caps? Help! Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jackie wrote: > I have a large worksheet that I need to change the text to > all caps. I have tried using the UPPER function but it > will only work in one cell. How to I get the entire > worksheet to become all caps? Help! Hi Jackie If you have trouble using macros you can do this ...

Conditional Formatting #89
I need to know how to make a block turn RED if the date exceeds a year. Thanks! Do you mean if the data exceeds one year from today? If so, select the target cell, go to Format > Conditional Formatting, choose Formula Is, and put: =$A$1<DATE(YEAR(TODAY())-1,MONTH(TODAY()),DAY(TODAY())) Change $A$1 to your actual cell reference. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I need to know how to make a block turn RED if the date exceeds a year. Thanks! >. > Try this in - Conditional Format - Formula Is: =DATE(YEAR(E1)+1,MONTH(E1),DAY(E1))<=TODAY() If E1 was ...

Combobox Showing Right Justified
I have a combobox where some of the items are longer than the listbox part of the combo. If the item text width selected is <= the combo width the item text displays correctly. However if the item text width is > the combo width then the item text shows as right justified cutting off the left portion of the item text. Anyway to resolve so you see the left not right side of the item text? Thanks David "David" <NoWhere@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:u4CH185xKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have a combobox where some of the items are ...

Zoom percentage and formatting palette

I use client ID #s. Some begin with 0. 0 needs to show
I am creating a client sheet. Some of the Client ID #s begin with Zero. How can I get the Zero to show? hi, you can format the cells as a text, hope this helps Regards from Brazil Marcelo "rmingle" escreveu: > I am creating a client sheet. Some of the Client ID #s begin with Zero. How > can I get the Zero to show? You can also use a custom format: Suppose you ID numbers have 7 character including the leading 0 then do this: Select the cell(s) Press Ctrl-1 In the numbers tab select custom. In the box "type" enter 7 zero's HTH "Marcelo" wr...

report format portrait and lanscape
Is it possible to have one command to change report between portait or lanscape? If not, probably the best solution will be 2 reports. Your information is great appreciated, Your report is probably designed in portrait. This means it is designed to print 8-1/2" - the left and right margins wide. If you change the printout to landscape it is still going to print less than 8-1/2" wide on the left side of the paper leaving more than 3-1/2" blank on the roght side of the paper. To fill the paper you would have to write code to reposition and stretch out each con...

Community bank's new software doesn't export in my format
I am still using Money98 which does all of the little tasks I need (no investments at my age). Two national banks provide exports in .qif format as a matter of course, but when my local community bank went to new (better) software, ".qif" was missing from the list of available export formats. I wrote the bank and received word that the bank's vendor didn't support Money98. The bank officer said: "My guess is the contract they have with Intuit and Microsoft stipulates they not support it as those companies want consumers to always upgrade their software.&...

Calendar events and tasks are not showing in Outlook:Today.
My Calendar events or tasks are not showing in the Outlook:Today screen. It is blank. ...

Question on Formats...
This ought to be quite simple to answer. Is it possible to format the contents of a combobox? On sheet1 I have text in cells A1 to A8 e.g A1 = John, A2 = Steve, A3 = Claire etc. I have a combobox on a chart that displays those names when I click the down arrow. The default is lower case, black lettering. Can I make the names appear in bold and green for example? I have tried modifying the original names but that makes no difference. If I right click the combobox and select <Format Control> I cannot see a way to format my data entries. Maybe you can't do it. And I want to ...

Excel page format changes

two decimals - remove percentage sign
Hello everyone, I have percentages that i'm displaying in graphs with data labels. I'd like to remove the % sign so it is easier to view the data labels because the graphs are small, and i'd like to do it with custom formatting because there is quite a lot of data that i dont want to convert to whole numbers. I think the best way to do this is to somehow use custom formatting in format cells -->number-->custom to multiply by 100 and display it that way. is that possible? Thanks for the help! Adam ...

Don't show powershell in taskbar
I am running a powershell script through SCCM and it is appearing in the taskbar. Does anyone know how to hide the powershell windows from the displaying in the taskbar? command I am executing: powershell -NoProfile -Noninteractive -command ".\installer.ps1 installer.xml;exit $LASTEXITCODE" UG93ZXJTaGVsbCB2MiBoYXMgYSBXaW5kb3dTdHlsZSBwYXJhbWV0ZXI6DQoNCi1XaW5kb3dTdHls ZQ0KICAgIFNldHMgdGhlIHdpbmRvdyBzdHlsZSB0byBOb3JtYWwsIE1pbmltaXplZCwgTWF4aW1p emVkIG9yIEhpZGRlbi4NCg0KLS0gDQpSb2JlcnQ= PowerShell v2 has a WindowStyle parameter: -WindowStyle Sets the window st...

CHtmlView show server busy dialog
Hi all, i use ChtmlView to display html, sometimes use clicked into a hyperlink, it showed a ServerBusy dialog. How to hide that dialog? ...

Access 2007 Special Effect Text Box Won't show Sunken with Windows XP
Hi All I am just getting to grips with Access 2007 and one of the quirks I have found is that when I design using Windows in XP Windows-Classic colors and set the text boxes on forms' special effect property to "sunken" They appear as sunken in the correct manner. However, when I change to the Windows XP color scheme the forms text boxes appear flat even though the special effect property has not changed. Any ideas or is it a new quirk we have to live with. I haven't tried it with Vista yet. That should be interesting Thanks Bob I am quite sure this is the same for acce...

OL 2003; Question about two default attachments in HTMLMessage Format
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0" ------=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Outlook 2003, XPP SP2=20 Hello, When I send an e-mail message in HTML message format, the recipient = (even when I send to myself) also receives two default attachments, = image001.png and image002.png. The first image is a what I would guess a = Microsoft ...

New Paycheck showing running balance
I recently added a new paycheck and have only made two such deposits to my bank. My questions is: Why is the Report showing an opening balance? For example: Opening Balance: 1,581.85 Month Ending 01/31/06 01/20/2006 Deposit Paycheck -- 1,265.00 01/27/2006 Deposit Paycheck -- 1,265.00 Where is Money 2006 getting that initial 1,581.85 from? The running balance should only reflect the two deposits totaling 2,350.00, but it shows a total of 4,111.85. "Dal" <Dal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE60812C-6596-436A-9129-F6AB8495405D@microsoft.com... > ...

conditional formatting: separating rows with differing values
Hi, Need help with conditional fomatting. What I need: I got a worksheet with 950 rows and 5 columns. The first row contain the headers. Columns A, B, D and E contains unique values. But the column C contains text values which repeats sequentially for 6-7 rows and changes thereafter. Now I want to put up a line (using border) through the whole row dividing this transition row. My Idea: Compare C2 with C3, if equal do nothing. Then compare C3 with C4 and so on till 2 consequtive values differ. Now divide the 2 rows using the border formatting option in conditional formatting dialog box. So...

Date Format when incoming date can be 0
I have a date fiels yyyymmdd which can have a value of 0 or a valid date in recent past. Excel displays the 0 date as 01/01/1900 and the non zero dates as expected. Cant figure this out , any help would be appreciated. Excel uses a sequencial number from either 1/1/1900, or 1/1/1904 (depending on your options) as the date value for Example 6/3/2005 is 38506 using the 1/1/1900 if the cell is formatted as a date it is responding with the date it thinks you mean. If you want the cell to display a zero =if(Date=0,"0",date) "DP NY10601" wrote: > I have a date fiels y...

Converting a number to Hour & Min format
I am attempting to take a basic number, say 2000, and convert the number into an hour and minute format (i.e. 33:33) only. Everytime I use the custom format tab or the time/date tab I get a date included or an AM/PM setting. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance. Hi, For any number to be converted into time format you need to divide tha number by 24, since Excel time code is 24 (hr) code. then you forma the divided answer (83.33) into time, you will get 8:00 regards sazi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use Format/Cells/Number/Custom [hh]:mm In article <...

formatting background on CD label
How do I get the background to be one continuous picture and not duplicates of the same picture? I tried to look in help but couldn't find anything. It looks really ugly. Faith wrote: > How do I get the background to be one continuous picture and not duplicates > of the same picture? I tried to look in help but couldn't find anything. It > looks really ugly. Instead of using the "background" option (which is more designed for web pages), insert the picture (either on the Master Page, or on the publication page and send it to the back), and resize it to fill t...

Text Function with Different Formatting for Number
I'm trying to use a text function where I reference a number from another cell but I need the text part to be bold and the number not to be bold. This is the formula I'm using right now: ="Sales: "&TEXT(A16,"$#,##0_);($#,##0)") Unfortunately, excel won't let me just make the text bold without making the number bold. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks M, I think a macro could do this, since it's really a string you're going to wind up with. But if you can put the Sales: part in a separate cell, life will be much easier anyway. then you ...

CC to not have bulk mail list show up
HI, if I use CC: instead of just TO: does that stop my bulk mail from having all the recepiants show up in the mail? thanks "Mr.G (@�@)" <goodm2@netzero.net> wrote in message news:1187961099.280978.177510@l22g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > HI, if I use CC: instead of just TO: does that stop my bulk mail from > having all the recepiants show up in the mail? thanks > > No. You need to use BCC... "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:eZGTHFl5HHA.5316@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >> HI, if I use CC: instead of just TO: does...

New Mail in Outlook does not show up until an old message is clicked
Hello, I am running a Microsoft Exchange Server version 5.5. I have a user running WinXP with OfficeXP. WIth Outlook open, new mail does not show up until a previously received email is clicked on. Normally, with Outlook running on Exchange, new mail appears immediately in bold and the envelope icon appears in the task tray. On this particular PC, new mail does not appear until a piece of mail that is already present is clicked. We tried sending new mail to this recipient and every time, it would not show up until older mail was clicked. We even tried sending mail from this person ...

How do I convert a time format to a double
I use a function to calculate the hours worked based on time 12:00pm to 4:00pm is 4.0 hours when I get the number for hours worked it is in time format / .27398237 I need the number 4 so that I can do my calculation. How do I convert it to a number? Multiply with 24 and format as general -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "DMB" <DMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:552FAD83-E8D4-4573-B9FF-613DDD259C22@microsoft.com... > I use a function to calculate the hours worked based on time > > 12:00pm to 4:00pm is 4.0 hours > > when I get the number for hou...