Conditional formatting in range

I have a range named "Range1" and have a conditional formatting putting
letters into red colour if the condition meets "K6=1"

When ever I insert a row between the range the conditional formatting
formula is not copying, every time i have to use the format painter and copy
it.

Is there any code, any body pls help me

thanks

Go to:  Tools<Options<Edit tab

Make sure there is a check mark next to "Extend data range formats and
formulas".

Hope this fixes your problem.
--
-Brigette

"RE: VLOOKUP fORMULA" wrote:

> I have a range named "Range1" and have a conditional formatting putting
> letters into red colour if the condition meets "K6=1"
>
> When ever I insert a row between the range the conditional formatting
> formula is not copying, every time i have to use the format painter and copy
> it.
>
> Is there any code, any body pls help me
>
> thanks

MLA format for papers

Enable Conditional Formatting Access 2007
I think I have to use VBA - how do I enable the conditional formatting property? Here's a non-VBA solution (to get a feel for it): http://datapigtechnologies.com/flashfiles/accesscondformatting1.html Here's a VBA solution: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa139965%28office.10%29.aspx It's NOT hard at all. Just follow the steps. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "CC" wrote: > I think I have to use VBA - how do I enable the conditional formatting > property? ...

format cell type
Hi everyone, in a spreadsheet, I have a complex data type that I want to sort correctly. The format contains a prefix that contains both letters(A) and numbers(0) followed by a suffix after a hyphen and another number. Example: 000A0000-1 and 000A0000-10 The thing Excel is messing up in, is if the complete prefix (000A0000) is the same, but a different number after the hyphen, it sorts it 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, ..., 2, 20, 21, 22, ... 3, etc. I was wondering if anyone knew how to set up a custom format type that will allow a suffix stored as text and the suffix after the hyphen stored as a n...

Formatting tabs for pages and subpages
Is there a way to format the appearance of the tabs for pages and subpages? I'd like to use specific colors for different pages and groups. Also, is there a way to increase the size of the tabs either horizontally or vertically to accommodate a longer, more descriptive label. On 19/02/2010 2:29 AM, hmbsport wrote: > Is there a way to format the appearance of the tabs for pages and subpages? > I'd like to use specific colors for different pages and groups. Unfortunately, no. Also, is > there a way to increase the size of the tabs either horizontally or > ...

Conditional formatting
Hi Excel Experts I am creating several workbooks, one will be mine, and the others linked to mine and sent to people for them to revise and return to me to enable mine to automatically update, (the linked cells will contain blanks or numbers). Please could you tell me if there is a formula I could use in conditional formatting to enable me to identify in my workbook which linked cells will have changed, i.e. when a number is revised or added to blank cell the font colour changes , or if the number is deleted the blank cell changes colour? I hope I have explained myself correctly Man...

Date time picker control's format in resource editor
This problem relates to the resource editor in Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003 If you create a date time picker control in resource editor and set its format to “time”, save and close the resource editor, when you open the resource editor next time, the format of that date time picker control will always be reset to “short date”. In a word, it cannot keep the “time” format. Antbody know how to get around it Thanks! >This problem relates to the resource editor in Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003: > >If you create a date time picker control in resource editor and set its format to �time�, ...

ListBox column has lost formatting.
Suddenly the currency columns in my list boxes have lost the currency formatting. The underlying queries are OK in this respect. Please help. Hi Frank, Post your SQL string for the listbox. Most likely the field "Format ("somefield", "$#.##") As SomeName" is missing. Frank Martin wrote: >Suddenly the currency columns in my list >boxes have lost the currency formatting. >The underlying queries are OK in this >respect. >Please help. -- Please Rate the posting if helps you Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Thank you: here...

Sumproduct Dynamic Range
I have a sumproduct formula(s) that is calculating very slowly in my workbook. =SUMPRODUCT(((Data!$D$2:$D$10000=$E22)*(Data!$A$2:$A$10000='H-Code SS Report'!F$21)*(Data!$K$2:$K$10000))) I'd like to insert a dynamic range to improve performance, but haven't had any luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Rather then try to dynamically do each range in your SUMPRODUCT formula, utilize dynamically defined range names. ie SUMPRODUCT(--(range1=2),range2) Debra Dalgleish's Contextures site has a good section on establishing dynamic names ...

Need help formatting a cell.
Can such a request be done using Excel? I need to enter a time in Cell B18 of 2325 or 11:25pm from that time i need it to calculate that cell B17 is 15 minutes prior to B18 (2310 or 11:10pm) B16 is 20 minutes prior to B18 (2305 or 11:05pm) B15 is 45 minutes prior to B18 (2240 or 10:40pm) B14 is 1 hour prior to B18 (2225 or 10:25pm) B13 is 1 hour 10 minutes prior to B18 (2215 or 10:15pm) and so one...... When i will need to change cell b18 to another time.... I need all my cells to still have the same minutes prior to be calculated and deducted. Sorry if questions is compliacted and conf...

Comments-Format all Comments-Prior to making
I know the answer will be NO. But, some way to format ALL the comments so that they will be a selected font size? And, stay that way for all future comments. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Format -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Harry's GMail World" <harryhill2475@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1187142498.839269.153490@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... >I know the answer will be NO. > > But, some way to format ALL the comments so that they will be a > selected font size? > > And, stay that way for all future comments. > I'm glad...

System Time Range on WIndows
Hi All, Can any body please tell me what is the system time range on windows system. what i could get it start is as per UTC since midnight (00:00:00), January 1, 1970. Please correct if i am wrong? rgds, Ritu >Can any body please tell me what is the system time range on windows system. There are several time formats - which one are you referring to? The main one is FILETIME - which is an unsigned 64-bit value that represents the number of 100-nanosecond units since the 1'st January 1601. The other commonly used format is SYSTEMTIME, which is a time structure limited s...

Custome number format help
I have a series of cells that will hold values such as 350,000.00. This value is entered by the user and entire amount is used in calculations across the worksheet. I want the output to be 350k. This way, more columns can be viewed at a time and makes for easier reading than a number with all the zeros. I can't get the customer number format to "hide" the zeros. WB Thanks, yes it did. "Carmen" <hovendic@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Od0aSCQrGHA.4356@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > WB, I put > > #,k > > in the custom formatting box and it looks ...

Keep Font format when importing excel into Access
We have an excel spreadsheet that is updated by changing select text to red and highlighting in a text cell. So there are only certain strings where the format is changed and the rest stays as the default format. This select formatting does not carry over when it is imported into an Access database. Is there a way to keep the text format during this process? When working with Access, you would want to recreate the formatting criteria in the reports or forms. The tables in Access only show raw data and do not do any calculations or anything. If you wondering how to recreate th...

Exporting Excel output to pdf/rtf/doc format
hello All I have a requirement to export a Excel range in Print format to pdf, RTF and .doc format can you kindly help me with the sample code on how to accomplish this. Many thanks Simon Simon If I understand you correctly, you are needing to export a cell range? The easiest way would be simple copy/paste (to MS Word) - or multiple copy/paste - than save the new Word document as .doc or .rtf. For PDF you would need a third party PDF writer (Adobe's own product, or the excellent PDF Creator from Jaws systems (www.jawspdf.com). This installs itself as a printer driver so can 'export...

If...ElseIf...End If with multiple conditions
I am learning VBA for Access. On the form I have Text Box "Cat" and Combo Box "CatCb". CatCb data source has 6 values including "Dr", "Pt" and the last value "Undefined". I have class module as follows Private Sub CatCb_AfterUpdate() If Nz(Cat.Value) = "" Then Cat.Value = CatCb ElseIf Cat.Value <> "Undefined" And CatCb = "Undefined" And MsgBox("Replace all current Categories with 'Undefined'?", vbYesNo, "Categories") = vbYes Then Cat.Value = CatCb Else ...

chart formatting #2
since excel already has conditional formatting for cells, it should also have conditional formatting for charts. like turning a portion of a line red if it falls, then the next blue if it rises. just a suggestion. Hi see: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart and http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart2 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pringles." <Pringles@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C0975DF9-CBA2-41A2-BB20-0BA647A40846@microsoft.com... > since excel already has conditional formatting for cells...

Creating custom color palettes from worksheet ranges
Can anyone recommend a free utility I can use to populate Excel's color palette from cells in Excel 95 or 2000? I want to create custom palettes but I don't want the effort of changing the palette by hand. I would like to do one of the following A B C D 1 Color Red Grn Blu 2 Red 1 1 1 3 Green 1 1 1 4 Blue 1 1 1 5 Orange 1 1 1 or A B C D 1 Color Hue Sat Lum 2 Red 1 1 1 3 Green 1 1 ...

Query Date Range
How can I use Between/And to prompt for date range that includes the start and end date? Hi, Design a select query for your table. add all fields to the design grid. In criteria box of the date field write this Between #BeginningDate# And #EndingDate# and run the query to find results. JB "karenfocus" wrote: > How can I use Between/And to prompt for date range that includes the start > and end date? My current criteria is in a query date field and is written Between [Enter start date] And [Enter end date] but when I run the query from the first day of the month to the...

Date Conditional in Javascript
I have a date-only attribute called CFDDateReceived that I was setting to the current date in an OnLoad event script as follows: crmForm.all.CFDDateReceived.DataValue = new Date(); It worked fine when creating new cases, but it was also resetting existing case dates. I have tried every which way I can think of to change this statement to a conditional. My latest effort as follows: if (crmForm.all.CFDDateReceived.DataValue == "" ) {crmForm.all.CFDDateReceived.DataValue = new Date();}; I know it's got to be somethiing simple, but it seems to be beyond me. Ca...

Number Format and percent
Dear all, 1. I am new to access program. I need to have 0.67 in a column in a table but when I put this into the column then it returns me 1. Is there a way to have it 0.67? 2. I need to have percent format in one of my columns, but instead of 5% it shows 500%, I want to have it as 5%. I will be thankful to receive feedbacks on the above issues. Thanks, Daoud 1. If your field is long integer it won't work. I use decimal 2. Don't multiply by 100 (the percent format does it for you) -- http://www.ready4mainstream.ny911truth.org/index.html "Daoud Fakhry" wrote: &...

Dynamic Offsetting, Names, Arrays, Range, Chart Values. NEED HELP
Hi, I would like to enter values into a Chart from a Named Array(Range). The Array should not be an actual Range, but a virtual array based on logic applied to a Range. In my case picking values in ColumnB based on values in ColumnA Ideally I woud like to write something like: Chartvalues:= OFFSET(ColumnA;INT(ColumnA/3);1) and then make a Chart out of it. (I actually want to do something more complex: a variable-width bar chart using an X/Y scatter, w/o using Bullen's method) My problem is that ONE offset is applied on the whole array, and not DYNAMICALLY to the different items. Need...

Convert range of numbers to letter
Hello. I hope this makes sense. I have a spreadsheet that has columns with numbers ranging from 1 to 100. I would like to convert them to letters i.e. 90 - 100 = A 80 - 90 = B 70 - 80 = C 60 - 70 = D and so on Is this possible? Thank you JB "JB" <badspam@awyway.com> wrote in message news:OUlxDBVPGHA.3728@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello. > I hope this makes sense. > I have a spreadsheet that has columns with numbers ranging from 1 to 100. > I would like to convert them to letters > i.e. 90 - 100 = A > 80 - 90 = B > 70 - 80 = C ...

Minute Formatting
I have a workbook where I am entering two values as minutes for example I have 5:24 minutes & 7:00 minutes - Excel is formatting this to be 5:24 am and 7:00 am - how can I get Excel to format this just as the minutes so that I can compare the two accurately? I have tried mm:ss but it is still listing this as a time format with the am. I need to be able to conditionally format the cell with 5:24 and would need to be able to color the numbers if the minutes are less or more than the cell with 7:00. Thanks! Hi why not use in the conditional format a condition such as =A1<7/(24*6...

Conditional Formatting #117
I have some conditional formatting in column J on my worksheet that checks if it is less than the value in column C. If so, the font color is red. However, column C can also be blank sometimes and if I put a value in column J, then it displays it in red font color, which I don't want. Is there a way to add something to the conditional formatting which will only display column J in red font if it is less than column C and column C is not blank? -- LAF ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?actio...

Format Publication box 2007
How do I prevent the Format Publication box from popping every time I open a new document in MS Pub 2007? Thanks. You can't... You can tear it off, minimize it to quite small and drag it to a part of the screen out of the way. Publisher will remember this setting the next time you open the program. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ribitt" <ribitt@gmail.com> wrote in message news:575d6332-a45a-40d0-9427-698ab7603f6d@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > How do I prevent the Format Publication box...