conditional formatting challenge

Here is my challenge:

I have already used all 3 conditions.  I need one condition to execute when
a value = approved OR n/a.

my problem is that i can do one or the other, but no both in the same
condition- how do you do that?

thanks!
0
Brendan (19)

Hi Brendan,

> my problem is that i can do one or the other, but no both in the same
> condition- how do you do that?

Formula is:    =OR($A$1="approvedd",$A$1="n/a")

---
Regards,
Norman

"brendan" <brendan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here is my challenge:
>
> I have already used all 3 conditions.  I need one condition to execute
> when
> a value = approved OR n/a.
>
> my problem is that i can do one or the other, but no both in the same
> condition- how do you do that?
>
> thanks!

0
normanjones (1047)
10/18/2005 7:18:03 AM
On the face of it ..

> .. I need one condition to execute when
> a value = approved OR n/a.

Think using CF formulas in say, Condition 1 such as:

Formula is: =OR($A1="Approved",$A1="N/A")

(if the "n/a" within col A is text)

Or, if col A contains formulas which could evaluate to #N/A

Formula is: =IF(ISNA($A1),1,$A1="Approved")

could accomplish the desired conditional checks
--
Rgds
Max
"brendan" <brendan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here is my challenge:
>
> I have already used all 3 conditions.  I need one condition to execute
when
> a value = approved OR n/a.
>
> my problem is that i can do one or the other, but no both in the same
> condition- how do you do that?
>
> thanks!

0
demechanik (4694)