Conditional formatting / blank cells

Hello, I need help with a Conditional Format.
This is my worksheet.

Row 4   A    B   C   D   E         F       G   H   I
                                 $200   $210

I want a conditional format in G4 that states if G4 is greater than or equal
to F4 the fill colour is green.  If G4 is less than F4, the fill colour is
red. If G4 is blank, the fill colour is white.  I've tried numerous
combinations, but cannot seem to get this to work.  Thanks torkattack.

Test for the blank first.
--
David Biddulph

"torkattack" <torkattack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I need help with a Conditional Format.
> This is my worksheet.
>
> Row 4   A    B   C   D   E         F       G   H   I
>                                 $200   $210
>
> I want a conditional format in G4 that states if G4 is greater than or
> equal
> to F4 the fill colour is green.  If G4 is less than F4, the fill colour is
> red. If G4 is blank, the fill colour is white.  I've tried numerous
> combinations, but cannot seem to get this to work.  Thanks torkattack.

0
David
1/26/2010 5:39:21 PM
I have just put up an EXCEL 2007 file for you at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

It is item number 50 towards the top of my home page.

I think that this does what you want it do to.

Thanks.

"torkattack" wrote:

> Hello, I need help with a Conditional Format.
> This is my worksheet.
>
> Row 4   A    B   C   D   E         F       G   H   I
>                                  $200   $210
>
> I want a conditional format in G4 that states if G4 is greater than or equal
> to F4 the fill colour is green.  If G4 is less than F4, the fill colour is
> red. If G4 is blank, the fill colour is white.  I've tried numerous
> combinations, but cannot seem to get this to work.  Thanks torkattack.
Thank you, however I have Excel 2003 and your file will download, but is
converted and then basically stripped of all the conditional formatting in
it.

Thanks tokattack.

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote:

> I have just put up an EXCEL 2007 file for you at:-
>
> http://www.pierrefondes.com/
>
> It is item number 50 towards the top of my home page.
>
> I think that this does what you want it do to.
>
> If my comments have helped please hit Yes.
>
> Thanks.
>

> "torkattack" wrote:
>
> > Hello, I need help with a Conditional Format.
> > This is my worksheet.
> >
> > Row 4   A    B   C   D   E         F       G   H   I
> >                                  $200   $210
> >
> > I want a conditional format in G4 that states if G4 is greater than or equal
> > to F4 the fill colour is green.  If G4 is less than F4, the fill colour is
> > red. If G4 is blank, the fill colour is white.  I've tried numerous
> > combinations, but cannot seem to get this to work.  Thanks torkattack.
Thank you David, however I am not an expert and unfortuantely I do not know
what you mean at all.  Torkattack

"David Biddulph" wrote:

> Test for the blank first.
> --
> David Biddulph
>
> "torkattack" <torkattack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello, I need help with a Conditional Format.
> > This is my worksheet.
> >
> > Row 4   A    B   C   D   E         F       G   H   I
> >                                 $200   $210
> >
> > I want a conditional format in G4 that states if G4 is greater than or
> > equal
> > to F4 the fill colour is green.  If G4 is less than F4, the fill colour is
> > red. If G4 is blank, the fill colour is white.  I've tried numerous
> > combinations, but cannot seem to get this to work.  Thanks torkattack.
>

> .

What I mean is that the first CF condition that you specify should be the
blank condition.
Then add the conditions for >= and for < (though in fact you could set the
default format to be red and not bother with the < condition).
--

> Thank you David, however I am not an expert and unfortuantely I do not
> know
> what you mean at all.  Torkattack
>
> "David Biddulph" wrote:
>
>> Test for the blank first.
>> --
>> David Biddulph
>>
>> "torkattack" <torkattack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello, I need help with a Conditional Format.
>> > This is my worksheet.
>> >
>> > Row 4   A    B   C   D   E         F       G   H   I
>> >                                 $200   $210
>> >
>> > I want a conditional format in G4 that states if G4 is greater than or
>> > equal
>> > to F4 the fill colour is green.  If G4 is less than F4, the fill colour
>> > is
>> > red. If G4 is blank, the fill colour is white.  I've tried numerous
>> > combinations, but cannot seem to get this to work.  Thanks torkattack.
>>

>> .

0
David
1/26/2010 8:59:09 PM
Thank you David,
I did mange to figure it out and it works.  Since you are an expert in
Excel, have you ever run into the problem where the colours change in a
worksheet that contains conditional formulas? This happens to me every time I
use a conditional format.  When I re-open the file, the red will be baby blue
and the green will be black.  Or in other areas where I just have text with a
grey fill, it will turn to bright blue and bright pink.  It is really wierd.
it only happens in workbooks with CF. I even had a new Microsoft Office
downloaded today and it did not fix the probelm. Just curious.  Thanks again.
Torkattack.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

> What I mean is that the first CF condition that you specify should be the
> blank condition.
> Then add the conditions for >= and for < (though in fact you could set the
> default format to be red and not bother with the < condition).
> --
> David Biddulph
>
> "torkattack" <torkattack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you David, however I am not an expert and unfortuantely I do not
> > know
> > what you mean at all.  Torkattack
> >
> > "David Biddulph" wrote:
> >
> >> Test for the blank first.
> >> --
> >> David Biddulph
> >>
> >> "torkattack" <torkattack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

Hyperlink via indirect cell reference

Rename Cell
How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? You can't. The closest you will get is to hide column headings, via Excel Option, and then create your own. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "shoe" <shoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBA970DF-D928-41EE-9565-4639E7D49BCE@microsoft.com... > How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? you cant change the headers or row labels but you can define you data as a list (or table) and the headings can then be used to refer...

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Create static text from cell reference

Cell Format #4

Getting contents of adjacent cells

Formatting #13
Hi How can i have codes in this form 00.00.0000.00, & i wanted to sum to the values below like next code, 00.00.0000(+1).00 I'm tired to format but always sum in the last 2 digits 00.00.0000.00(+1), what can i do Someone can help me Thanks How did you put 00.00.0000.00 in the cell? Did you type 0 and then give it a custom format? If yes, try changing your custom format to: 00\.00\.\0000.00 Then add 1, but make sure that the resulting cell also has this custom format. This is really a funny formatted number with 2 decimal places now. Carla wrote: > > Hi, > How can i ...

Send out blank reply
Recently, after receiving a message, my Outlook 2000 is sending out a blank reply message to the sender automatically. Would this cause by setting or virus? ...

conditional formatting in excel #3

cell selection gone crazy on Excel 2003

Average of logic cells
I used a logic test to determine some levels from raw scores. For EG >120 =5, 119-110 = 4, etc. I now want to dtermine an average score of several of the the results from the logic tests but it doesnt seem to work. (AVG does not recognise cells with logic tests) Can anyone help, please? -- ckdkvk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ckdkvk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29245 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489704 hi, ckdkvk ! > I used a logic test to determine so...

Cell References..
I have a 12 month rolling report with a seperate worksheet within th workbook which refers to the column containing current month's Numbers When I "Cut" Column C (which contains the oldest Month) and "insert column C between N & O it shifts my cells left and all I need to do i input all of the current Month Data into Column N. The formulas al remain intact and everything is peachy. Until I goto the Workshee that refers to the Current Month on the 12 month rolling report. My problem is that when I shift the columns on the "Report" workshee it chages the cell...

Use a VBA Macro inside an Excel Cell

Conitional Formatting
Hello. I have two fields in a subform, "User" and "IT Announcement" I would like to do conditional formatting to this effect: On ther "User" field: If "IT Announcement" = Yes then make the "User" field turn blue (I would choose the color blue from the conditional formatting selection. How would you write this? Thanks. Iram/mcp On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:59:01 -0700, Iram wrote: > Hello. > I have two fields in a subform, "User" and "IT Announcement" > I would like to do conditional formatting to this effect: > On...

Excel number formatting #2

Strange behaviour: show/hide formatting symbols reveals old change
In Word 2007, I'm getting some strange behaviour in a document that was authored by someone else. Track Changes is switched off, all changes have been accepted, and everything looks as it should in whichever view I happen to choose (Print Layout, Draft, whatever). But when I click to show formatting symbols (in whatever view) a whole lot of old changes - deletions AND insertions, ostensibly all accepted, and from before the document got to me - appear in the document, making it quite tricky to work with. These old changes are impervious to anything I try to do with them E...

Color change in cell when > 49.99
I need a cell to change color if the value inside the cell reaches 50 or higher.either text or cell shade. just so it catches the users attention. im running excel 2000. and i have this currently in the cell that i want to aplly this to: =HLOOKUP(D20,'Hidden Data'!GZ10:HB11,2,0)*MAX(15,E20) have you tried conditional formating? format>conditional formating >-----Original Message----- >I need a cell to change color if the value inside the cell reaches 50 or >higher.either text or cell shade. just so it catches the users attention. >im running excel 2000. and i ...

How did I break the cell display limit? #2
If there is anyone out there who can help with this, I would be most most grateful. Here's the facts: - I'm working in a MS Excel worksheet. - I am aware of Excel's 255-character-per-cell display limit. (As understand it, each cell can hold up to 32,000 characters, but wil only display/print 255 characters.) This is a major pain in th petunski, as most of my cells contain more than 255 characters Therefore, most of my spreadsheet shows cells that look like this ###############. I have to look in the formula bar to see the actua contents of each cell. - In cell C35, I have 1,05...

formatting of charts changes when copying from excel 2000 to 200.
When I copy a chart from Excel 2000 and paste it into Excel 2003, some of the formatting is lost. In particular, scale and axis formatting. Is this a programming issue or can it be corrected easily. Thanks Hi, First one would answer why would you copy charts from 2000 to 2003, why not make them in 2003? Second and more important - how are you copying them - there are maybe 20 possible methods of copying a chart from one program to another. Please tell us exactly which steps you use to do the copying. Also, exactly what formatting are you loosing, what do you get instead? When ...