Conditional formatting #87

Can I do a conditional formatting on a range if the value
in one cell in the range = X

in other words can I format the back ground for line 5 if
C5 = X
0
anonymous (74722)

Use conditional formating.
Select the whole row
Set the condition Formula Is =$C$5="X"
Choose the Format you want for the cells in that row.

--
Regards
Roger Govier
"ESREI" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I do a conditional formatting on a range if the value
> in one cell in the range = X
>
> in other words can I format the back ground for line 5 if
> C5 = X

0
roger5293 (1125)
3/2/2005 11:15:02 AM
1. Select your range.
2. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting
3. Select "Formula Is" and put:
      =INDIRECT("rc",0)="x"
4. Press the Format radio button and format as desired.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jasonjmorin (551)

spreadsheet format
My spreadsheet has both the rows and columns labeled with numbers, instead of the columns being labeled by letters. How do I switch this back? Dave, tools options, general, uncheck R1C1 reference style -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:285301c49e96$f4738170$a301280a@phx.gbl... >...

conditional summing of arrays
I would like to sumproduct 2 arrays up to the row where it first exceeds a given number. For example assume 2 arrays are as follows : 1,2,3,4,5 & 2,3,4,5,6 the sumproduct is 2,8,20,40,70. So if my given number was say 30, the answer would be 4. if the number was say 80, the result would be NA. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thank you and kind regards JV ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** This can probably be done easier =INDEX(LARGE(ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&...

Conditional format to cells containing a #DIV/0! error
I would like to apply a conditional format to an entire spreadsheet. In particular, if a cell returns and error such as #DIV/0! I would the selected font color to be white. What do I have to enter in the conditional formatting menu? If I set the value of the cell equal to #DIV/0!, the format does not work. A solution that I found could be to use the GoTo functions to select the cells with errors and then manually apply the color, but since I am creating a template at a later point the empty cells that return the divided by zero error may contain a number. Basically I would like the cells t...

Formatting a chart -
I have a chart of type stock, sub-type high-low-close. I format the chart to make it look the way I want, but then when I select a different datarange all of the formatting goes away. This doesn't happen with any other type of chart that I have built. Does anybody know why the formatting would be dropped? Why would selecting a slightly different datarange drop all of the formatting? For example if I chart row Jan - June and format the chart. Then go back into the data and select Feb - July, all the formatting drops, fonts change, line colors change etc. Email me with any questi...

Date format #21
I can't see how to format the date in the UK manner, i.e. 6/12/09, rather than in the US manner 12/6/09. Can anyone help? Excel 2000. Rob Graham Select the range to format Format|Cells|Number tab Choose date and look to see if the day, month year is in the order you like. If it is, you can use that. If it's not, choose Custom and type: dd/mm/yyyy (or what you like) If the values don't change, then your dates aren't really dates. They're plain old text that look like dates. Select your range (one column at a time) data|text to columns Fixed width remove any lines t...

automatically format dates in a cell
Hi All, when I type a date into a cell, it automatically converts it to a date-time variable and formats it according to the system parameters. Is there any way I can turn this off? I don't want my date as a date time variable, nor do I want it to format to what the system format is. thanks stephan I'm not sure what a "date time variable" is, but if you want an XL date, but in the format you specify, preformat the cells with that format. If you don't want the date converted to an XL date at all, then preformat the cells as Text. They will then be left in whatev...

script or format to identify duplicate data
Is there a way I can write a script or conditional format to identify duplicate data. The data can be marked by highlight if need be. Ex Since A1 and A3 are both the same numbers both locations become highlighted. I have a large range of data to perform this in. The numbers being identified are lager than 2 digits. A 1 12 2 13 3 12 Thank you Conditional format would work fine: With cell A1: Formula is, =COUNTIF(A:A,A1)>1 Note that if you put this formula in the column next to your data, you could copy it down and then AutoFilter based on TRUE and whateve...

number format 03-10-10
I have a large column of numbers, they all need to be 10 digits long. If they are less than 10 digits I need to proceed the number with zero's until each number is 10 digits. 3418 3909867750 3916717360 21972 9064130 4106431176 3919306948 9092768 24976 28241 3914169069 539 7187 29132 3919530745 3908063591 22210 3911589814 28357 3915302636 -- Randy Assuming the first value is in cell A1 - in cell B1 type: =VALUE(A1&REPT(0,10-LEN(A1))) and copy down as much as needed. Micky "Randy" wrote: > I have a large column of numbers, they al...

formatting cells #4
is there a formula to put the work "active" in all cells in a column automatically unless a date is entered to indicate inactive? Thank you Katherine you could test for a numeric input and maybe even put validation on the cells then use something like =IF(ISNUMBER(A1),"","Active") where in this case A1 would hold the date/blank copy down along -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "katie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5975...

Excel: format each worksheet header/footer?
Any ideas on how to EASILY format each worksheet in a workbook so that they are all the same? I see how to do it one-by-one, but it is there an automated way that sets the "master" worksheet and then the other worksheets all copy its header/footer? Thank you. Right click any sheet tab and select all sheets. What ever you do to one will be done to all. In the title bar you will see [Group]. Just be sure to ungroup once you have done whatever it is you need to do. To ungroup simply click any sheet tab. Biff >-----Original Message----- >Any ideas on how to EASILY form...

Import Multiple Excel Tables-Same Format
I have an excel spreadsheet with 12 tabs, each a different month of the year. Each tab is formatted identically. I am trying to import all/each of these 12 tables into a single access table. The first import works just fine, however, when I go to import the second tab of data, I get a pop up message stating: An error occurred trying to import file '<my file name/path is here.xls>'. The file was not imported. This tells me nothing as to why it was not imported. The souce excel file is closed and not being accessed. Any ideas what's going on here? I could append a...

Template format changes
How do I change the default formatting for "$", "%" and"," when I open a NEW file? When I enter a large number and select comma formatting, it gives me two decimals, and I want none. I would like one decimal with percent format. Older versions of Excel allowed you to save a normal.xlt file with changes. When I add a personal template, Excel won't load it without me selecting it each time. Tom Excel never had a Normal.xlt, it had a BOOK.XLT Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. File>Save As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and s...

How to specify text format when importing CSV files?
I would like to prevent Excel from attempting to interpret the data type when importing CSV files, and instead always format all fields as Text. For example, even if a csv field looks like a date, I want it formatted as Text. When importing a file ending in .txt, the Text Import Wizard lets me interactively specify each field type individually. That works OK except when I import files with many fields (100+), it is a burden to click on each field individually and specify text. Can I make Text format the default when importing txt and csv files? Thanks. I don't know of any way ...

ODBC outputs to Access 2 format [tables only], how?.
?do I put a bridge in place to convert the Access 2 tables into Access 2000, so we end up with the tables in Access 2000 format? I would like this to happen automatically (in code?) so no user intervention is needed. Can anyone help? Cheers Dave. ***************************************** * This message was posted via http://www.accessmonster.com * * Report spam or abuse by clicking the following URL: * http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Abuse.aspx?aid=38cf47fb43af4f2aa45a8e380626f74a ***************************************** ...

Maintaining table formatting when pasting into web client email body?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Hi, can anyone tell me how to paste a portion of an excel table into the body of a Microsoft Outlook Web Access email such that the table maintains all of its formatting (alignment)? I can't seem to figure it out. <br> Thx. <br> Bri ...

a status like "checking" to change to date format when completed
I am creating a DB that is for Tracking engineering drawings. I want to have a status field that has the following 1. not started 2. in process 3. in checking 4 complete / Date completed Is it possible to have the complete status change to a date somehow? I want to avoid having two fields, a status field and a complete field I would suggest that you may want to change that to have four date fields. DateReceived DateStarted DateReviewStarted DateComplete That way you can easily check its status in the process and get a complete timeline. but to answer your speci...

Counting number of rows with Cond. Formatting to avoid save problem (KB 215783)
Hi Chaps I have hit the problem where I get the following message when I save my large, old xls: "Excel could not save all the data and formatting you recently added to <my file>.xls" I have read through these groups and the MS KB and it seems the only reason this would happen is if I exceed 2050 rows of conditional formatting. I have written some code to try determine how many rows I have conditional formatting - but this tells me I have only 1772 rows. My code is below - can anyone see anything wrong with it which may be under reporting the number of lines with CF? Does ...

Conditional Delete
I want to delete all cells that contain specific text. Any help would be appreciated! I'd select that column and do Data|Filter|autofilter Then use the dropdown and choose custom contains: (type in your value) And delete the visible rows Then data|Filter|autofilter (to remove the filter) ======= You may be able to chose the value you want from the dropdown, too--avoiding the Custom stuff. gsxith3@embarqmail.com wrote: > > I want to delete all cells that contain specific text. Any help would > be appreciated! -- Dave Peterson Edit>Find what: yourtext Find all. ...

format/picture in email

Text box formatted to General Number with 2 decimal places NOT allowing the decimal place.
When we enter data into this text box that's formatted it will not show the decimal places. Can anyone tell me what I've got wrong? Formatted how? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "p-rat" <osupratt@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a9fdc625-105d-4713-b0ae-3c1092c8db07@f47g2000hsd.googlegroups.com... > When we enter data into this text box that's formatted it will not > show the decimal places. Can anyone tell me what I've got wrong? Check the field of the table it is bound to to see if it is an integer field. -- KARL DEWEY Build a li...

column formatted to general
In my spreadsheet I have a particular column that I have formatted to general but anytime I enter numbers into a cell in that column, it automatically changes it to a date and I have to re-format that cell to general. What type of numbers? Like 1-12 or similar? Pre-format the cells as Text or preface the numbers with an apostrophe. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:45:08 -0700, lilsparkdog <lilsparkdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In my spreadsheet I have a particular column that I have formatted to general >but anytime I enter numbers into a cell in...

Conditional Formatting in data table of a chart
I'm using Excel 2007, and trying to apply conditional formatting to the data table of a line chart. I've tried creating the chart without the formatting applied to cells with the original data (data source), and then applying the format to the source; as well as creating the chart after applying the format to the source. The data table in the chart will naturally update with changed data since it is linked, but will not incorporate any style formatting. Any thought? Thanks. Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible. They do not, for example, support conditional fo...

Text Box
I would like to have the same size text box on multiple pages that are linked. I have tried right clicking the text box, selecting Format Text Box and checking Apply Settings to New Text Boxes, but it doesn't appear to work. When I add text to the box and it runs out of space, Publisher asks if I want to insert a new text box and connect it, and I accept, the new text box is the wrong size, and sometimes comes in with a black border rather than the no line border I have designated. Is there another method to easily accomplish what I want? I have read several posts that recommend...

Formatting does not follow when copying from one cell to another
I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding, coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. Why doesn't the formatting copy over too?? A formula returns a result, not any formatting. Pete On Apr 7, 9:55=A0pm, Banker <Ban...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding, > coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy > whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. =...

I need help formating a template for finanical reporting