Conditional Formatting #56

Here is my request.  I have a form with a drop down menu
of 4 items.  I am trying to write a formula (not code) for
the following action:

=IIF[Classification]="Protected B", [Name]= (Colour of
font will be white).  I don't seem to be able to make it
work.  I am always missing something.

What I really want is that some field would look like
empty if the classification is Protected B.

Can anyone help me on that formula^

Thanks a bunch
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi,
maybe as an alternative you could check out
Data Validation -- Create Dependent Lists
Debra does an excellent job of walking you through how to
only have certain items appear in your list based on
previous selections.

0
mmzehr (177)

Multiple Conditions Formula Help Needed
I currently have a formula that I have used to calculate commisio rates. We had a 2 rate plan. If sales were below a certail threshol then apply this rate and if above apply this rate. I used an IF/THE formula. We have recently switched to a 4 rate plan, and I am unsur how to create a formula to reflect this. Please advise.. thanks dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One approach would be a table to use with VLOOKUP. In the formula, where you now have a rate, use VLOOKUP. On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:53:11 -0500, chiwavdg <<chiwavdg.19rkim@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Copy from sheet1 and sheet2 and append to sheet3 in different format
Hi, I am learning VBA Excel and have attempted this, but can't seem to get it to work together. I have sheet1, sheet2 and sheet3 in the same workbook. I would like to append data (value only) from sheet1 and sheet2 and append to the last blank row on sheet3. I have the following information on the sheet1 and sheet2, what I would like to have is sheet3. Can someone help me out? Sheet1 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N Name PayCAT 1-Apr-09 1-May-09 1-Jun-09 ...

Possibly conditional format
I have an Excel 2000 spreadsheet with Column G having random numbers from 1-20. I am trying to find a way whereby:- 1) Numbers 1,3,4,8,10-12,14-19 highlight the cells in red, and 2) Numbers 2,5-7,9,13 and 20 are highlighted in orange Is there a particular formula I may be able to use in conditional format, or would another process be more suited to this task. Many thanks. One way is to use Format|conditional formatting. With column G selected and G1 the activecell, use Format|conditional formatting. Formula is: =ISNUMBER(SEARCH("."&G1&".",".1.3.4.8.10...

Date format in mail merge filter
How do you filter on a date field in a mail merge recipient list in Publisher 2007. The data source is a SQL Server database. I have tried every SQL compatible date format and various common formats, but Publisher always displays an error dialog saying the field format is invalid. -- David Basri Point Enterprises, Inc. www.pointent.com ...

CString::Format misinterpreting managed String as parameter
I'm mixing managed and unmanaged code in my VC++ projects and using CString and String classes at the same time. Following code-snippet worked without problems in VC++ .NET 2002: CString strTemp; String *sManaged = "anything"; strTemp.Format("%s", sManaged ); SetWindowText(strTemp); The result was, of course, "anything" on the screen. The same snippet, when compiled under VC++.NET 2003 and started in release mode or with Ctrl+F5 in debug mode reproduces unreadable output. However, it worls when debugging.. Any idea of what's going on here? "...

Conditional Formatting based on positive/negative numbers
Hi Folks, Need some advice please. I am wanting to format a column of cells so that if they are negative numbers the cell is red and if positive the are green. I keep going rond in circles trying to work it out. I can get one half but no the other. Advice and help appreciated. Nevyn. Try this: Format: Conditional formattin: Condition 1: "Cell value is: greater than or equal to: 0" then select format green Condition 2: "Cell value is : Less than or equal to: 0" then select format red Thanks, Kimti "Nevyn" wrote: > Hi Folks, > Need ...

Can't open doc. Too many different cell formats.
I am working on creating a spreadsheet. It contains a lot of conditional format as well as cell formats. I went to change a cell background color and a message came up that said "Too many different cell formats" and would not let me proceed. I closed the document and then tried to reopen it and now I can't get my document to open. I would revert to a previous saved point if I could get to it but I can't. I need help from those gurus out there. Some info: XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=213904 A few...

how to change format of publication to jpeg
I've been creating logos and other documents in MS Publisher and want to save them as jpegs, to be sent to and used by someone who doesn't have MS Publisher. How can I achieve this? LTV wrote: > I've been creating logos and other documents in MS Publisher > and want to save them as jpegs, to be sent to and used by someone > who doesn't have MS Publisher. How can I achieve this? ============================================== See the following articles: How to Create a JPG From Microsoft Publisher http://www.ehow.com/how_5876491_create-jpg-microsoft-publ...

Excel 2007
Is/was there a compelling reason to remove the double-click to format in Office 2007 ... particularly in Excel charting? In order to change any attributes of any element of a chart, you have to go through the ribbons, or right click and navigate through all the menus to do anything. Please - PLEASE - my aching wrist and I implore you to bring back the double-click ... soon! If you agree with this suggestion, please click this and let Microsoft know we need this back. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most ...

about setting sequrity membership condition
Hi! I just wonder when I use the URL membership as the following row explains The URL membership condition selects all code from a specified URL. What is happening with the term code group that is associated with this URL membership condition ? For example is this codegroup a physical folder on disk ? //Tony ...

Conditional Selections based on a Field
I'm trying to create a field that populates a choice of selections based on what was selected in a prior field. For examples sake: categories and sub-categories. I'm having trouble with coding the form to say "based on your selection in the category field, your options in the sub-category field are..." How would I go about this? Thanks! You mean like a combo box? Well... for the subcatagory, each possible choice is ideally stored in a table that has a field that also references when the catagory is. For instance: tblCatagories might have a field calle...

Moving tool/format bar on Mac word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi, folks. I had a little Mac in the '90s and loved it, then went to PC for a while, and now I just got a new iMac. While some things are great, there are certain things on the current Word 08 that seem a step backward - or maybe I just don't know how to do them right. I would love your help on two things. I'm a novelist and I do a lot of typing. 1. When I'm working in word and I want to bold something, cut and paste, or anything else, I have to drag my mouse all the way across the screen to the left hand corner...I real...

What does Format Object:Properties Do?
If one pastes an object or a picture into excel, it is free floatin over the sheet. Question: What does Format Object:Properties:Move and Size with Cel do? From what I see it does nothing. Am I missing something here. I there any way to paste objects or pics into excel and tie them to cell? Thanks in advance -- mrh110 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mrh1109's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1671 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31918 If the cell height/width chang...

INCLUDETEXT Fields and Formatting
I've not used INCLUDETEXT fields before and am trying to figure out how they work as they appear to be a possible solution to a challenge I'm facing. I have a source document called "source.doc" and a target document called "target.doc". I've put in all the content I want into source.doc and inserted a field into target.doc that looks like this: { INCLUDETEXT "C:\\Gordon\\Documents\\source.doc" \* MERGEFORMAT } Works as expected; all of the content from source.doc appears in target.doc formatted exactly as it is in source.doc - which ...

[$-409] in Custom Number Formats
Hello All, I've seen [$-409] in some number formats and I was looking through the help files to see if I could find out what it means. I couldn't find anything on it. I've also seen [$-F800]. Does anyone know what these codes are for or where I can find info telling me what they are for and any others that can be used? Thanks for any help anyone can provide, Conan Kelly Looks like it is the locale and language designation code. 0409 is English (US) http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010346351033.aspx "Creating international number formats" Jim Con...

how to format ntfs partition

What's the secret format for Outlook Stationary?
Interesting, if I make my own htm file for outlook stationary, the gif logo graphic doesn't show up in the finished stationary. I've downloaded a few commercial programs that do it successfully, doing exactly this: the commercial programs make a simple htm doc that you can use as Outlook Stationary. But why does the gif graphic show up in the commercially made htm stationary? I've even tried opening an htm file made by a commercial program and editing it in Dreamweaver and Word, then saving it back as htm. But that doesn't work, the graphic is gone. the logo I'm using is a ...

Conditional Calculation
The conditional statement I'm working with is: =IF(AND(A3=A2,B3=B2), 'Au'!E1,'Au'!E2) Here's the problem, I want to fill the column with this conditional statement but if I do that it will automatically convert E1 to E2 then E3 ect like it was filling a series. So instead of getting 5 rows with E2 then swithcing to E3 for 6 rows, I get E1, E2, E3. I want the value to be E1 until AND(A3=A2,B3=B2)is false and then I want to go to the next value (E3). Again, filling E3 in until AND(Ax=Ax,Bx=Bx) is false and then switching to E4 ect. Is there a way to write...

Conditional Formula to alternate the fill color of rows
I used to use a Mod function in Conditional Formulas to alternate the fill color of rows (like a checking journal) to make it easier to read, but I can't remember the full syntax. Does anyone know? Thanks! -- TraciAnn Hi TraciAnn http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/tip/alternate_row_shading_using_conditional_formatting/ HTH. Best wishes Harald "TraciAnn" <TraciAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63E81C5F-9C02-4418-9E13-EE2FF96068EC@microsoft.com... >I used to use a Mod function in Conditional Formulas to alternate the fill > color of rows (...

Chart Formating #2
I have a chart that has 6 bars of data within it and it has 3 different types of colours for 3 of the 6 bars. I then want to copy this formating (all in the same place within the chart) in one hit to numerous other charts in one of my sheets. My sheet can contain up to 6 charts and it is too long winded individually clicking on one bar at a time and choosing the colour and pattern etc.. Please help? I have tried the format painter but it is greyed out when you are active in the chart so this does not work? Copy the first chart, select the second chart, use Paste Special, and choose th...

Formatting Question #2
Hi, new to the board, glad to be here. I'm a real estate broker and I'm basically setting up a commission calculator and was wondering if there's any way to change the number category for a particular cell based on an "if" function. In other words, if A6 equals "rental (Q6)" then the category of C6 changes to "currency". If A6 equals "sale (R6)" then the category of C6 changes to "percentage". Is there any type of advanced conditional formatter? Do I have to use VB? I don't know if that makes sense or not, hopefully it d...

How do I save a Word doc to the epub format?
Is there a download for this? Try Google: epub format... Roughly 1,000,000 hits :-) Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/23/10 3:03 PM, in article 114A1769-E1F2-4EE1-A44E-38E2643F7699@microsoft.com, "Arnold" <Arnold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a download for this? ...

Folder format doesn't "stick"
As you know, there are a number of formatting options for folders. Among these are the names of column headings, the order of the column headings, and the view (large, details, etc.). My problem is that after setting up the options the way I want them, they change upon the next startup of the computer - that is, they don't stay the way I set them. I have "Remember each folder's view settings" checked in Tools>Folder Options>View. Is there a fix for this? It's very annoying. Thanks, Roy Which firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware or security ...

Conditional highlighting....
Hi, I have a master inventory list with three thousand parts or so on th first sheet of a workbook. The next thirty or so sheets are thes parts broken down into their packages. I've created a macro (Thank dave) so when I ship these parts I can create a packing order b highlighting all worksheets being shipped and run a macro. That wa the hard part. How would I go about changing the row color of eac item on these sheets on the master list? Every item is given a stati item number which is listed in column A. I imagine there is a way t do a match function and conditional formatting but...

How do I lock ONLY the formatting on an excel sheet?
I want to Lock the formatting on an excel sheet so when i sort the data in the sheet the background colors and cell formatting stay in place, and just the data shifts. Is this possible? Nope. You could only mimic these by having the formatted cells that referred to the sorted cells via the INDIRECT function. -- Best Regards, Luke M "Court" <Court@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9B9E68D-92DA-45FC-B823-D8B6F40BBDBF@microsoft.com... >I want to Lock the formatting on an excel sheet so when i sort the data in > the sheet the background c...