Conditional Formatting #18

I am attempting to use the conditional formatting to color
code some cells, I want to say,
If C1 = 0 then highlight A1 in red, how would I do that.

Thanks

Michelle

0
anonymous (74722)

1st: select "Formula Is" instead of "Cell Value Is" in
the left dropdown.  The rest of the line changes to one
long textbox.  Enter "=$C$1=0" (no quotes) then select
your format style from "format" button and "color"
dropdown.  that should do it.

0
anonymous (74722)
10/23/2003 6:31:37 PM
Michelle, select A1 and conditional format as formula is =C1=0
--
Paul B
Using Excel 97 & 2000

"Michelle B." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I am attempting to use the conditional formatting to color
> code some cells, I want to say,
> If C1 = 0 then highlight A1 in red, how would I do that.
>
> Thanks
>
> Michelle

0
pbridgesnews (182)

Conditional Formatting Nested Formulas
I'm working with a large spreadsheet that has multiple status options. Each status has different criteria for example: Status Green Yellow Red T <60 >=60,<=80 >80 S <20 >=20,<=45 >45 D <30 >=30,<=55 >55 C <90 >=90,<=120 >120 B <30 >=30,<=60 >60 A <10 >=10,<=40 >40 I would like to apply conditional formats according to the status criteria. Is that possible given that each status has a different criterial. Thank you! One way to get going here .. Illustrated in this sample: http://www.freefileho...

Number Format Problem
I am importing data from a program at work. The data come in in th format of ###@##(three numbers, a letter, and then 2 more numbers). The problem is that when a code such as 123E04 is imported, exce thinks it means 1.23E+04. This is a problem becasue the data I need i the E04 part. (I use the RIGHT(cell,3) formula to get the portion want.) Any ideas on how to get the number in the format I want? have tried changing the cell characteristics, and all kinds of stuff. Thank -- kola556 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kola5567's Profile: http://...

Format window reset location
How do you reset the window locations in word so that they return to the default setting. my professor has moved hers to the edge of the screen so that you cant really grab it with the mouse. thanks, See this page from J.E. McGimpsey for advice: <http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/formattingpalettegone.html> On 6/14/06 12:26 AM, in article 1150262807.021241.211750@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, "pmoriartyphoenix@gmail.com" <pmoriartyphoenix@gmail.com> wrote: > How do you reset the window locations in word so that they return to > the default setting. my ...

Receipt
Does anyone know whether it's possible to use a string as part of the conditional expression ? The code I'm trying to use is : <IF> <CONDITION> Entry.Item.ItemLookupCode = "GV" </CONDITION> <THEN>"XYZ"</THEN> <ELSE>"123"</ELSE> </IF> It's working fine if I replace the "GV" with a number, but always hits the ELSE expression when it's a string. I've also tried using a string variable here, which also fails. tnx TJ Nope, no string comparisons. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Cons...

Conditional formatting #17
Hi, I need to format a row or column based on the value a cell in that row. How could i do that? i.e. If the value of cell A1 is less than or equal to 0 u want the color pattern of B1 to H1 to change into green. tnx in advance, eqbal -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Usually conditional formatting is done based on the value of that cell. In this case, use the drop down box to change from "Cell Value is" t "Formula is". Select a cell and use the Toolbar Format - Conditiona formatting. You need to write a formula with a l...

Auto Format
Can you create custom Auto Formats in Excel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Time format control
Hi everyone, I have a time of 08:38 and would like to truncate the last minute by using formatting to achieve 08:30. I currently do this using a formula to remove the last minute. I have tried custom formatting of hh.m but I still get 08:38. I have even tried hh.m"0" but get 08:380. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. Regards Brad You can use this formula, it sounds as though you want round down to nearest 10th minute =FLOOR(A1,1/144) -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brad kennedy" <brad_6663@hotmail...

format the whole row
I know in older versions, the file size would be huge if you formated a whole row rather then just the cells required. Does this still apply? E.g. A workbook I am using seems to run rather slow. The creator formatted many tables over about 25 sheets with borders but he did so by selecting the rows rather then the cells. I was wondering if I should take a couple minutes and clear the formatting from those columns? Thank you Deborah I don't think changing formatting will make any difference. You can easily check this out by making a copy of the workbook fo testing -- Message posted...

Sending a mail .doc, others see all formatting.
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) When I send a word doc to colleagues they can see all the formatting and editing. I cant see it on my screen nor when I print it out. How can I stoop this? Thanks ...

Formatting email when promoting to CRM
When I promote an email from Outllok to CRM, it seems to loose all the formatting of the original email. All the email's content remains as text only. Is there a way to promote email from Outlook preserving its original formatting? Thanx in anticipation ...

Conditional Formattting
I'd like to know if Excel will apply conditional formatting to a value if it falls within a range of values or named range. Specifically, I'd like to change the color of the cell to various colors based on which group or named range the initials of the person contained in that cell fall. Example: Group1 contains the initials KR, KM, Group 2 contains SE, PK. I'd like the conditional formatting to change the color of cells based on whether the initials contianed within that cell belong to Group1 or Group2. If I enter the initials KR into a cell, I'd like that cell to be green. If...

Transfer Cell Formatting for linked cells
How do you get the cell formatting (color) to transfer to a linked cell? Example: I have added color (red) to a particular cell (A1) in Sheet1. I have linked cell (B2) in Sheet 2 to the red colored cell (A1) in Sheet1 (i.e. =+Sheet1!A1). The cell value (A1) on Sheet1 transfers to the cell (B2) in Sheet2, however the color (red) does not transfer to cell (B2) in Sheet2. I want the cell value and the color (red) to transfer from cell (A1) Sheet1 to the cell (B2) in Sheet2. Is there a way to get the cell formatting/color to transfer along with the cell values from one linked cell to ...

Convert a column of data from Text to date format
I have a column of dates, that excel isn't recognizing as dates, but instead as text. When I double click in the cell and press enter, excel converts to a date. Is there a technique I can use to convert all of the cells in the entire column to date format in one step. Thanks for any suggestions. FYI, I am using excel 2003. On Sep 16, 2:36=A0pm, Dave K <fred.sher...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a column of dates, that excel isn't recognizing as dates, but > instead as text. When I double click in the cell and press enter, > excel converts to a date. > > Is there a...

excel putting random cells into date format
I opened a new spreadsheetand started inputting data. About 100 lines into a very simple sheet of only 3 columns the numbers started turning inot dates all by them selves. I highlighted the cells and reformatted to the general formatting and it immediately went back to the date format. Additionally, when I printede the spreadsheet it printed pages and pages of blank gridlined sheets until I realized it and turned off the printer. THen when I saved the file it was 7meg! This file had 5 pages, 3 colums each and no more than 300 rows each. I cut and pasted the data into a spreadsh...

COleDateTime Format
How can I format a COleDateTime so it appears in Long Format but without the seconds (this needs to run in the current local) For example "%#c" give me something like Friday February 24th 2003, 10:34:00 and what I want is Friday February 24th 2003, 10:34 Any ideas please? -- Michael Tissington http://www.tabtag.com http://www.oaklodge.com Try the following COleDateTime dtCurrentDate ( COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() ); AfxMessageBox( dtCurrentDate .Format( TEXT("%A %B %d, %Y %H:%M") ) ); -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] -----------------------...

How to save worksheet in .cvs format?
I'm need to save a worksheet to .cvs or .txt format but the drop down menu for Save As does not include these options. Any help? Thanks. What version of Excel. 2003 has those options (Save As type). Did you use the down arrows to scroll down? Carole O "Carlannie" wrote: > I'm need to save a worksheet to .cvs or .txt format but the drop down menu > for Save As does not include these options. Any help? Thanks. ...

Auto Sum + Conditional Formatting
I would like to take one cell and have it with the Auto Sum feature. Here's the catch: I have applied a simple Conditional Formatting to a number of cells. The formatting is setup for blank formatting: equal to ="" There is nothing between the quotes, which tells the formatting that if there isnt anything in the cell, then give the cell a color. If ANY value is placed in the cell, take away the color. So with that said, is there a way to have the Auto Sum feature add up those cells and tell me how many that are left that need a value? For example, if there are 60 cells to...

Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007
Hi all- Can someone give me detailed directions on how to format a column so that the cells with 4's in them are highlighted yellow, the cells with 5's in them are red and the cells with 6's are blue. I have tried using the wizard but the numbers 1-3 get highlighted also. Thanks in advance. LabLawrence Select the cells Open the Conditional Format dialog, use Highlight Rules -> Equal To; in the left had box enter 4, in the right-hand select a colour combination as needed Repeat for 5. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Microso...

prob with conditional formatting formula
I am basically familiar with Excel 2000 but still a novice. This is th formula that I am trying to conditional format. =IF(SUM(B7:K7)=0,N6+M7-T7,(SUM(B7:K7)+M7+N6-T7)). If after seeing thi so far, your surprised that it works so am I. B7 through K7 ar various income columns. N6 is the previous CASH balance, M7 is anothe cash income column which is not taxed and T7 is a CASH payout column. Question - How do I write the formula in Cond. Format. to show a blan or invisible entry in column N6 if there is no activity in B7:K7 or M7 T7. I can only get part way there with =IF(SUM(B7:K7)=0,N6). ...

Multiple Column Conditional Formatting
Hi, I'm needing some help with performing a multiple column condition formatting. I have tried many "forumula is" in the conditional formatting with no success. I'm missing something. What I would like to have happen is, if the 2 conditions are true then I want the field to be color filled. Example: if the numeric value in k2>10 and the numeric value F2>100 then I would like cell K2 to be filled in red. Many thanks for your help Colleen one way: Select K2: CF1: Formula is =AND(K2>10,F2>100) Format1: <patterns>/Red In article &...

Automatic formatting of minimum/maximum value in a range.
I want that if I select a range of numbers the minimum or maximum should be selected by a single command How about cond. formatting? 1. Select the range. 2. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting 3. Select "Formula Is" and copy in this: =OR(INDIRECT("rc",0)=MAX(rng),INDIRECT("rc",0)=MIN(rng)) where "rng" is a defined name for your range. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I want that if I select a range of numbers the minimum or maximum should be >selected by a single command >. > What do you want to do with t...

change a text format to number format
I need to link to someone elses table but they have used a different format type for a field called ACCOUNT. I am a beginner and do not know how to write SQL but I was wondering if it is possible to use an update query to change a text field in this situation into a number format. I am trying to run a mismatch query on this table with another table in my database that has a field called ACCOUNT but my table has a number format. I am trying to come up with a list of ACCOUNT numbers that are common in both tables. Thank you in advance for any direction you can provide Let...

INSERTING ROWS and LOSING FORMAT
I own a spreadsheet that has daily data inputted for, say 7, years; to add rows to increase my size, I "Insert" rows at the top of the spreadsheet, say 10 rows every day! And, for years, only until recently, every new cell was properly formatted. Now, each time I "Insert" a rows, my column formatted (as todays time) as follows: 12:43am becomes 12:43, or 1:27pm becomes 1:27 and, this occurs EVERY DAY for 3 rows only of my newly "INSERTED" 12 to 14 rows! I have never had this happen before, and I...

date and time formatting
I have a formula in which the date and time are present in cells, bu when the destination cell returns them, they are in their numerica value. I need them to appear in the destination cell the same way the do in their home cells. here is the formula: ="p-v-w-"&B154&" ph "&E154&" fax "&H154&" ** "&X154&" * "&Y154&" "&AA154&" * "&" * "&AB154&" "&(Y4)&" - "&(Y5) y4 and y5 are the date and time cell refs Thanks and Happy ...

Font Styles and Formatting... Is it possible?
I do a lot of work in both English and Japanese and spend a great deal of time formatting text. Many times, I need the fonts for English and Japanese to be different sizes, e.g., the English in Times New Roman 12pt, and the Japanese in MS Mincho 9pt, or vice versa depending on the document. In Font Styles and Formatting, I can modify the default fonts and change the styles throughout the document no problem, but there is only one choice for the default font size, which is applied to both the Latin and Asian fonts. Is there a way to be able to choose the font size for Latin and Asia...