Conditional formating #20

I need help with conditional formating.

I need Row 30 to change colour when D30 is equal to a certain value. A
the moment i can only get the one cell to change colour :rolleyes

--
smith.james
smith.james0's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1623

Select the row. Enter:

CF1:        Formula is   =$D30 = "certain value"
Format1:    Patterns/<changed color>

In article <smith.james0.1ssb2d_1122393924.3186@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 smith.james0
 <smith.james0.1ssb2d_1122393924.3186@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

> I need help with conditional formating.
>
> I need Row 30 to change colour when D30 is equal to a certain value. At
> the moment i can only get the one cell to change colour :rolleyes:
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
7/26/2005 4:50:35 PM
Select the entire row -> Conditional Formatting

Formula is =IF($D$30=<your value here>,1,0)

Hope this helps.

smith.james0 Wrote:
> I need help with conditional formating.
>
> I need Row 30 to change colour when D30 is equal to a certain value. A
> the moment i can only get the one cell to change colour :rolleyes

--
Morriga
Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=709

VLOOKUP several conditions
I have two worksheets, one with customer data and financial data, and second with salesperson information. I need to "import" th salesperson from the second worksheet into the first worksheet. Worksheet 1: Col A Customer Last Name Col B First Name Col C Date Col D Part Number Remaining columns have financial info Worksheet 2: Col A Customer Last Name Col B First Name Col C Date Col D Part Number Col E Salesperson I want to have the appropriate salesperson for each sale shown i Worksheet 1. There are a few minor problems. 1) Customer last names are sometimes repea...

Issue with conditional formatting
D1 has the following conditional formatting applied to it =AND(D6<>0,E6<>0) What I am trying to do is colour D1 if both D6 & E6 are populated with 0. Thia seem to do it if any are populated with 0 What an I doing wrong Try the below instead =COUNTIF(D6:E6,0)=2 -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "The Rook" wrote: > D1 has the following conditional formatting applied to it > =AND(D6<>0,E6<>0) > > What I am trying to do is colour D1 if both D6 & E6 are populated with 0. > > Thia seem to do it if any are populated w...

Problems Formating Non-bulletied lines below a below
I frequently need to have a bullet with text underneath it as in... [*] Identify the four stages of Development Add multiple lines of text here directly underneath the bulleted text Basically adding comments or text underneath a bullet. But for whatever *FRIGGING* reason Word 2007 will not let me format the text the way I want it. Specficially, instead of having single spacing, Word forces double spacing between the bulleted line and the non-bulleted line. I have tried to set the line spacing along with playing with the DO NOT ADD SPACE BETWEEN PARAGRAPHS OF THE SAME STY...

For Each conditionals
This is a general flowcharting question. What is the best way to flowchart a situation where a loop of "foreach" conditionals are to be performed, returning only results that fit a certain criteria? ...

condition format
hi, i need conditional format, when i put cell value ' selva', i want the entire row in red, green or some colour.. pls give the conditional format assuming you want to turn row 10 red ---- click on the # 10 -- click format / conditional format / formula is =$10:$10="selva" ---- format colour -- grizz "selvaraj" wrote: > hi, i need conditional format, when i put cell value ' selva', i want the > entire row in red, green or some colour.. > > pls give the conditional format See http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat0...

Condition based on format?
The cells with the expenses I want to exclude are formatted in different color. Is there any way to write a formula or macro so i excludes based on the color of a cell? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Would depend upon how they got colored. If through Conditional Formatting, you could use the same condition(s) to exclude. If manually colored, you will need VBA code. See Chip Pearson's site for working with colors. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:16:13 -0500, msherman83 <<msherman83.187w0z@excelf...

Conditional Formatting #56
Here is my request. I have a form with a drop down menu of 4 items. I am trying to write a formula (not code) for the following action: =IIF[Classification]="Protected B", [Name]= (Colour of font will be white). I don't seem to be able to make it work. I am always missing something. What I really want is that some field would look like empty if the classification is Protected B. Can anyone help me on that formula^ Thanks a bunch Hi, maybe as an alternative you could check out Data Validation -- Create Dependent Lists http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html ...

Formatting help
I have an existing spreadsheet that I want to enter a date in a cell. I formatted the cell for dates. When I enter e.g. 1/26, the result is 01/00/00 and at the top it shows =1/26. It appears that no matter which cell I use when I enter the date as stated it does a calculation rather than give a date. How do I stop the cells from doing a calculation and just give me the date? You have to enter the date in a format that Excel will recognize, or pre-format the entry cells as text. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have an existing spreadsheet that I want to ente...

Formating a Pivot Table???
Hello excel pivot table experts, I have the following question. Usually all the results depending how many data-variables you defined are at the bottom below each other. is it possible to move the result- row to the bottom of their subtable. example: for instance I have two categories (KG,AG) and two variables (participants, age) my pivot table looks like: AG 1 2 3 datas KG part 1 2 3 datas age KG 1 2 3 RESULT PAR *result age* I wonna change to rhe following: AG 1 2 3 datas KG part 1 2 3 ...

formating a field within a query
In working at a college we must pull our data from the state data management system. I need to convert the class start time field into a true time stamp in order to sort it correctly. example of how the data comes to us: 0400P = 4:00 pm start time. Is there a way to format this field at a true time within my query? I need to sort in order of earlies time to latest time. The query runs a report that will go to our scheduling assistants to determin if a room is available for a class. Thanks Jacqueline Jacqueline "Formatting" doesn't alter the value, just changes how it i...

I cannot choose Conditional Formatting
I have used conditional formatting on some spreadsheets, so I know how to use it. My problem is that on other spreadsheets I cannot choose it from the Format Menu. The Conditional Formatting choice is lightly shaded. Why is this and how can I fix it. It sounds like the sheet is protected. Unprotecting the sheet should enable the Conditional Formatting. >-----Original Message----- >I have used conditional formatting on some spreadsheets, so I know how to use >it. My problem is that on other spreadsheets I cannot choose it from the >Format Menu. The Conditional Form...

Conditional Format Fragmentation
My Excel 2007 Worksheet has 19 colms & anywhere from 10 to 40 rows. The data changes daily with deletions, insertion and additions to the end. Colm N has an action indicator & I have set Conditional Formatting to highlight any "Delete" entries &I set the range to the entire column - $N:$N. Works great at first ... then a few days later I look at the "Manage Rules" & the range associated with my formula has changed and been fragmented ... eg. $N$29:$N$1048576,$N$1:$N$25. My guess is that it is from the deletes ... but how else can I do this. H...

Conditional Formating Question
If my combo box has anything in it , What would I need ? Expression Is [Notice] = "???" Thanks for any Help...Bob Pretty cryptic question ;-) Try setting your expression to: Not IsNull([Notice]) Rob "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:u9c%230rI2HHA.5616@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > > If my combo box has anything in it , What would I need ? > Expression Is [Notice] = "???" > Thanks for any Help...Bob > Just trying to turn the background colour green if there is any data (Words) in the combo box...Thanks Bob "Ste...

IF two conditions aren't met enter nothing
In G6 I have the formula: =IF(SUM(E6)>0,(G4+E6),IF(SUM(F6)>0,(G4-F6))) The formula works as it is but if neither condition is met it returns FALSE. I would like it to return nothing. I know I have to put "" somewhere, but everywhere I try it doesn't work. PLEASE HELP -- AnnaV ------------------------------------------------------------------------ AnnaV's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9619 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=277011 =IF(E6>0,G4+E6,IF(F6>0,G4-F6,"")) HTH Ja...

conditional formatting challenge
Here is my challenge: I have already used all 3 conditions. I need one condition to execute when a value = approved OR n/a. my problem is that i can do one or the other, but no both in the same condition- how do you do that? thanks! Hi Brendan, > my problem is that i can do one or the other, but no both in the same > condition- how do you do that? Formula is: =OR($A$1="approvedd",$A$1="n/a") --- Regards, Norman "brendan" <brendan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:907603A5-61FD-4981-ACCA-51FA8F5135FA@microsoft.com... &g...

Searching for text in HTML formatted messages
Hello, I have come up against a problem that I have as yet not been able to find a solution to, either on the www, or in Usenet. I have searched for relevant issues within several newsgroups and still not found an answer. The problem is this: I am trying to search emails for set words, but don't get all results. It seems that any emails in HTML format are not found by the search engine. I can find words in their headers, but not words in the bodies of HTML formatted emails. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?? (Currently using Outlook 2003) TIA Ian J. On Mon, 30 May 200...

conditional format of data tables in charts
I've created a chart that is based on a data set where the cells have conditional formatting (if value a > value b then colour the cell red) I have the data table displayed with the chart (in chart options, 'show data table' is ticked), but the condtional formatting is not displayed in this table, i.e cells that are red in my original data set are not coloured in the chart table. Is there any way to apply the conditional format on the table displayed within the chart? Cheers Dan. Daniel, Unfortunately you can't apply conditional formating to data tables. However, yo...

Excel enters date as a text format
Hi, I have Excel 2003 and have been working with 2000 for a while (hate that new feature with error checking,etc.) Anyways, I have a problem when trying to enter a date (ie. entering as 2/15/2005 or 2-15-2005) it's always entering it as a text format (ie. '2/15/2005). Well, this is leaving a problem with me because I can't change it to a different date format now because it's recognizing it as a text instead of a date. I never had this problem with Excel 2000, I just entering the date and it automatically enters it as a date. What the heck is going on with Excel 2003 ...

Conditional Formatting
I am using the below to auto change color if it meets the condition... =IF(F26>=0,IF(OR((F26)<=2,(F26)>=-1),"GREEN", IF(AND((F26)<=2.5,(F26)<=-1.5),"AMBER","RED")), IF(AND((F26)>=2,(F26)<=-1),"GREEN", IF(AND((F26)>=2.5,(F26)>=-1.5),"AMBER","RED"))) Any help is appreciated. -- J~ In 2003, when you set up a conditional format, you can choose one color for the condition. If you want to do something like what you are showing, you're going to need to use a Worksheet_Change event and code something ...

Unwanted arrows when "Format As Table"
When I select my Excel 2007 worksheet and format it as a preset table style, the first row always contains dropdown arrows that are totally unneeded for my styling. How can I get rid of those arrows? Thanks. >When I select my Excel 2007 worksheet and format it as a preset table >style, the first row always contains dropdown arrows that are totally >unneeded for my styling. How can I get rid of those arrows? Thanks. Here is a before/after pic to show what a distraction the header arrows are. http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8017/excelba2.jpg Now I understand what the issue is....

date format within a cell containing a formula
I am trying to display the date as 1/21/05 in a cell that contains a formula with the date nested between text... i.e. ="The contractor will provide insurance by "&(Cell A8)&" and start work.... I have a front page where I input all my project criteria including dates and then I have documents that have similar verbage as above and have dates within in them... I currently stop my text right before the cell where the date will be displayed and then start the text after the date cell... I dont like doing it this way. ="The contractor will provide insurance...

Test number of decimal places in Currency format
How can I interrogate the system (Windows, I guess) to find out how many decimal places are specified in its Currency format? Alternatively, how can I test a number that's been entered to ensure that the user did not enter more decimal places than the Windows currency format permits (Access will store what's entered, but I want to reject what's been entered if it's not according to the Regional settings). Bob Randy Birch has code to give you details about the defined Locale Currency information at http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/locale/localecurrency.htm Note, though, th...

How to store length in cell in British format (like INCHES)
Hi How I store 4'5'' (4 foot and 5 inches) in a cell and use it i callculations. Thanks Parminde -- Panka ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Pankaj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3024 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49913 Your best method is to use a format like 4 5/12 with custom format # ??/12 BTW this is not longer British (UK is metric) but American -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Pankaj" <Pank...

Using conditions in WF Sales Processes
I'm creating a workflow process that I am trying to implement in MSCRM. The problem is that within each Stage, I have activities that should be dependent on the completion of the previous activity. The easiest way to solve this is to go beyond the 5 step Sales Process and create a new Stage for each successive activity. However, in the Sales Process tab this is quite unsightly. I've tried using a normal manual WF as a subprocess to the Sales Process WF. This works, but it gives me 2 problems: 1. The WF Subprocess does not appear in the Opportunity Sales Process Tab. The customer want...

Outlook cannot connect after 20-30 minutes idle time
We have SBS2k and Exchange server 2000. After about 20 -30 minutes my user's outlook will not connect to the exchange server and the only way to correct this is to reboot. Once they reboot they are fine until they experience 20-30 minutes of Outlook being open and just sitting there. This happens on 4 of the 16 user's machines that i have. the user's are running XP pro and one of the 4 users has MS outlook 2003 and the other three have MS outlook 2002. One thing i notice with th e user that has 2003, is that after i added a new user account to her machine she started ha...