Conditional format if cell=0 then font colour same as background .

I have linked a cell from another sheet. If the original cell is blank, 0
shows in the linked cell (text would be typed in source cell).

To handle this, I conditionally formatted the linked cell, so if it equals
zero, the font colour is the same as the background colour of the cell so you
can't see the zero

But the zero still prints even though it is not showing prior to printing
0
Paligap (1)

Try the formula

=IF(Sheet1!F14="","",Sheet1!F14)

in the linked cell.

HTH

Sandy

--
to e-mail direct replace @mailintor.com with @tiscali.co.uk

"Paligap" <Paligap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have linked a cell from another sheet. If the original cell is blank, 0
> shows in the linked cell (text would be typed in source cell).
>
> To handle this, I conditionally formatted the linked cell, so if it equals
> zero, the font colour is the same as the background colour of the cell so
you
> can't see the zero
>
> But the zero still prints even though it is not showing prior to printing

0
sandymann (252)
12/20/2004 12:02:16 AM
I don't have a printer here to test this on, but have you tried formatting
the cells so that a zero appears as a zero string?

Try this format for the cells you are trying to print.
General;General;""

The trick is for the part after the second semicolon to be "". That should
make cells that contain a zero display nothing.

Explicit directions:
Select the cells in question.
Format | Cells |Number | Custom. Type something like General;General;""
Or, pick a number format of your choice and change the end to ""

tj
"Paligap" wrote:

> I have linked a cell from another sheet. If the original cell is blank, 0
> shows in the linked cell (text would be typed in source cell).
>
> To handle this, I conditionally formatted the linked cell, so if it equals
> zero, the font colour is the same as the background colour of the cell so you
> can't see the zero
>
> But the zero still prints even though it is not showing prior to printing
0
tjtjjtjt (488)

CRM 3.0 on Outlook 2007
Hello, I installed the spanish version of CRM Client on my Outlook 2007. I noticed the user interface has changed. With this version any time I click on a CRM entity it pops up an Internet Explorer window. Is this normal or should I still be seing the data On oultook application (that was the case of CRM for Outlook 2003)? Regards, Irene Nothing changed (assuming you are reffering to the v3c update) in this regard. The CRM for Outlook client has typically opened browser pages. The only exception was if you double clicked on the core Outlook items. Basically, if you click from an O...

Cells print so small I cannot read numbers. How do I fix?
I have been working with page break. Now I have the grid on 1 page..but it is far to small to read. now when I try to spread it back to 2 pages, it just takes the same tiny microscopic type and spreads it into 2 pages. I am stuck printing tiny type. How can I get the grid cells back to a size that is readable. It sound like you have selected Fit to 1 page in File > Page setup > Page > Scaling. Either select to fit it to 2 pages or select Adjust to 100% size -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Repl...

When I am in one cell highlight another
Hello, When I am in one cell highlight another. Lets say that if my cursor is in A1 I want D1 highlighted or with another cursor on it. Then if I move to A2, D2 should be the one with another cursor or highlighted. Thank you for your help, Jose Juan Diaz hi, Jose Juan ! > When I am in one cell highlight another > ... if my cursor is in A1... D1 highlighted or with another cursor on it. > ... if I move to A2, D2 should be the one with another cursor or highlighted. 'put' a cursor on non-active-cell... [I don't think it's possible] :( to highlight 'D' wh...

Excel Regional Date Format Options
A client of ours in NZ is complaining that date format options for English (New Zealand) have changed from older versions of excel (they are using 2003) Some of their spreadsheets have dates formatted as dd-mmm-yy, mmm-yy and dddd,dd,mmm but these options do not exist anymore. Is there anyway to add options to this list without using the custom format option? Thanks, Jesse I just compared the Excel 97 and Excel 2003 built-in date formats and they are mostly unchanged. 2003 has a few more but I don't think there were any subtractions. The formats dd-mmm-yy and mmm-yy are righ...

Process all cells in a (user) selection
I am using this code to give me cell by cell access to a code defined selection; Dim aCell As Range For Each aCell In Sheet4.Range("A4:A34") ' Do Stuff Here Next aCell which processes every cell in the A4:A34 Range How do I do the same thing for a selection drawn by the user before pressing my 'Process' button ? Thanks On 05 May 2010 11:10:21 GMT, Isis <isissoft@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote: >I am using this code to give me cell by cell access to a code defined >selection; > >Dim aCell As Range >For Each aCell In S...

think cell program
is anyone familiar with a program called think cell? Any thoughts? (powerpoint v 2003). Is this an add-in? thanks Sara It's very good. You can "try for free" from their website: http://www.think-cell.com/ Recent interview with one of the founders on Indezine: http://blog.indezine.com/2009/12/think-cell-conversation-with-markus.html -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/3...

User status in Sharepoint 3.0
I see there is a user status that works with Office Communicator. Is there away to do this with out office Communicator or free software to do this? We are a small company with about 10 users. Nothing I'm aware of. This is built in integration with the OCS platform. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:089333D7-F0D4-4994-87E3-74A387AE33D0@microsoft.com... > I see there is a user status that works with Office Communicator. Is > there > away to...

Newbie Cell Reference Question...
Hello, I apologize if this question has been answered before, but I'm no quite sure what to search for as I'm not very good with excel. I'm making a spreadsheet where one sheet references another. I'll tr to explain this as best as possible.... I'm creating a spreadsheet for a fantasy basketball league. I have "Data" sheet that contains data for all players. I have another sheet "Teams" that has all the players on each team. Column B contains th players name, and column C contains a number that corresponds to th row this player is on in the dat...

SDK for Microsoft POS 2.0
Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? I have noticed several companies making add-ons for modules for MS POS, are they standalone products that integrate with the POS database or are they actually integrated into the MS POS itself? Thanks for your comments. On Nov 22, 4:46=A0am, NetKnight <NetKni...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? > Thanks for your comments. they are standalone products integrated with the database, and also add-on integrated with SO POS/SO Manager via COM antonio ...

Conditional formatting help #4
My problem is that, that i want to ignore blank i mean i had set a conditional formatting say A B C D 24.9 25.9 25 25.8 22.6 23.4 22.5 23.3 If value in ColA is less than value in ColC, cell A1 is shaded blue OR if value in ColB is greater than value in ColD, cell B1 shaded blue. I have done above formatting but my problem is that if i dont enter anything in colC then also colA is shaded in blue similarly if i dont enter any value in colD then also col B is shaded.I mean i want to ignore the blank.I need , if col C is blank then the Col A must be normal .& if col D is blank & i ent...

VFW, webcam, image format
Hello, I'm trying to grab pictures from a webcam with Video For Windows (VFW). The source code I use is the following: HWND _capwnd = capCreateCaptureWindow("Capture",WS_POPUP,0,0,1,1,0,0); capDriverConnect(_capwnd,0); capGrabFrame(_capwnd); capEditCopy(_capwnd); OpenClipboard(NULL); HBITMAP hBmp = (HBITMAP)GetClipboardData(CF_BITMAP); CloseClipboard(); BITMAP bmp; GetObject(hBmp, sizeof(BITMAP), &bmp); int size = bmp.bmWidth*bmp.bmHeight*bmp.bmWidthBytes; unsigned char* data = new unsigned char[size]; GetBitmapBits(hBmp,size, data); ...

Import Customer Records
I am trying to import customer records and I am running into the following error: DOC 1 ERROR: Are you sure you want to delete this customer record? Ln 810 Col 2, Update module, Last CBOM field read was root.'Customer ID', Last window field visited was 'Clear Button' of window 'RM_Customer_Maintenance' of form 'RM_Customer_Maintenance' Any ideas? Thanks! Are you on the latest integration manager service pack? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at h...

divide by 0 error jmp
Hi! I have a spreadsheet where if certain cells are empty, I get a divide by 0 errors. I understand I can nopt divide by 0; that is not the issue. My issue is I can not seem to add a column of numbers if one or more have divide by 0 errors. Can someone suggest how I can either get rid of the divide/0 error, or be able to add a selection of cells where 1 or more have /0 errors? Hi the choice is your:- To sume a range with div/0 in use =SUMIF(A1:A10,"<>#DIV/0!") To eliminate div/o use =IF(ISERROR(9/C6),"",9/C6) In this case 9/c6 generates a Div/0 error Mike &qu...

How do i apply a background to only half the page?
How do i apply a background to only half the page? clueless wrote: > How do i apply a background to only half the page? ================================ One way would be to add the background and then create a text box / resize it and reposition it to cover half of the page and type Ctrl+T to make it opaque (white). -- John Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk How about filling a rectangle or text box? -- Don - Publisher 2000 Vancouv...

Cell background shading in Excel
Why is it that the background shading colors available under the Paintbucket Icon chjange from file to file? Also, how can I add some of the colors to the paintbucket that are availabe under the format/cells/pattern pulldown? Colors are a Workbook-level property, so you can change the color palette for any workbook. Choose Tools/Options/Colors... and modify the colors to your hearts' content. You can also import another workbook's color palette from that dialog. Note however, that there are only 56 bins in the color palette, so you can only use 56 colors at a time. The paint b...

Sum every other cell?
I own a used-book shop. I have an Excel SS to track how many books pe day I sell in each of 28 categories and the $$$ I take in for eac category. So there's two columns for each day: #books & $$$. therefore want to add every odd-numbered cell in a row to get the tota number of books for a category in a given period of days and ever even-numbered cell in the same row for the the total $$$. Is there simple formula or function for this -- bookmanj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bookmanjb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?acti...

GDI+ and VC 6.0
Is it possible to use GDI+ in vc 6 Environment. If so what i have to do for that what r files lib r needed to copy into my currnet project plz help me sir "srVas" <it_srini@gawab.com> wrote in message news:<#j7tsdynEHA.2612@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>... > Is it possible to use GDI+ in vc 6 Environment. > If so what i have to do for that what r files lib r needed to copy into my > currnet project > plz help me sir Hello there, yes of course you can use GDI+ from vc6 , but only on NT/2000/XP. the runtime for GDI+ comes with windows so deployment is not an issue. ...

MM from Word in HTML Format
I am using MS Office 2002. When I do a mail-merge from MS Word to email, it works fine as long as I use 'Plain Text' as the format. It accesses Outlook and sends the messages. However, if I use HTML format, it acts as though it is sending something, but the messages never get sent. Does anyone know what my problem might be? Brian, I seem to have the same problem in Offic 2003. When I do an email merge from Word, the screen flickers at the end but there is no record of the emails having been sent in Outlook, i.e., they are not in the Sent folder. I've tried looking around...

MERGE CELLS
I have Name, PO Box, street address, city, state, zip across a row in 6 seperate cells/columns. I want to have this format in 1 cell: Name PO Box Street address City, State Zip STEVE wrote: > I have Name, PO Box, street address, city, state, zip across a row in 6 > seperate cells/columns. > > I want to have this format in 1 cell: > > Name > PO Box > Street address > City, State Zip > You do realize that this will screw up your ability to sort the data. A better solution would be to describe what you want to do with the data. You may not need it in the ...

How do I format a cell to auto date
I would like to have a date automatically enter itself each time I open the spreadsheet. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Hi George Use a function like this one for todays date =TODAY() -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EF21130-EBD9-41C2-8CB5-5723BE40CBB1@microsoft.com... >I would like to have a date automatically enter itself each time I open the > spreadsheet. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be appreciated. > Thanks ...

Remove Data Format Change
I have a program that puts a database's data into an excel spreadsheet. The problem is that Excel is constantly changing the numbers to dates, which corrupts the data. I know I can switch the column data type to Text and that will fix it, but the problem is that when the data is written to the spreadsheet it overwrites that column data type and Excel does the formatting that changes my data. How can I turn this off so Excel stops trying to recognize data types and change their format? Please help because this is causing major problems for us. Thanks, ACFalcon >>I have a ...

CRM 3.0 Upgrade. Missing notes in Cases, that were there in 1.2
Just finished my upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0 on Monday. Have been upgrading SFO clients over the last couple of days. All data came over fine, and all looks and is working great. Had a couple of users report that notes they had put in some of their Active Cases in 1.2 are no longer there. If they click the drop down arrow, the notes are in the summary. If the case is opened they are nowhere to be found. This is true in both the web/SFO client. Anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Terry I know of a limitation in v3 whereby the note title does not display in the note list view, this can be more ...

Repeating columns cuts off merged cells
Hi all, I hope you can help because I can't find a solution to this one. I've got a two page spreadsheet (side by side) and I'm trying to repeat columns A & B because their row headings on the left and should only appear when printed (split onto two pages) (as in print setup > columns to repeat at left > $A:$B), ...... but B57:I57 are merged and wrapped (another grief that merged wrapped cells don't auto height, but that's for another day) and so are B58:I58 and B59:I59 (footer things). ...... and when printed, B57:I57, etc. cuts off on the second page and...

How can I add AMA format to Word 2007
I have a few papers to write this semester for college, and all three require the usage of AMA format for citations. Word 2007 does not have AMA as an option though. Has Microsoft found or created an add-in for the AMA format yet? It is frustrating to see formats available that are hardly used at all, or are more specialized than AMA even. If anyone has a solution please advise. Thanks! Check out http://bibword.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Styles . It contains a number of styles I developed for the Word bibliography tools. An attempt at AMA is among them. Yves -- BibWord :...

Formatting with MFC
I have an MFC application but I have left the formatting of the controls at the default setting. How do I do the following formatting operations: - Change font size and colour of static text controls - Change edit controls to be 'flat' - Change height/width of edit box - Change text size in edit control - Change background color on dialog box Thanks. >How do I do the following formatting operations: > >- Change font size and colour of static text controls >- Change text size in edit control Make use of WM_SETFONT & handle WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC. >- Change edit c...