Conditional Format Fragmentation

My Excel 2007 Worksheet has 19 colms & anywhere from 10 to 40 rows.
The data changes daily with deletions, insertion and additions to the
end.

Colm N has an action indicator & I have set Conditional Formatting to
highlight any "Delete" entries &I set the range to the entire column -
$N:$N.

Works great at first ... then a few days later I look at the "Manage
Rules" & the range associated with my formula has changed and been
fragmented ... eg. $N$29:$N$1048576,$N$1:$N$25.  My guess is that it
is from the deletes ... but how else can I do this.   How do I stop
the row changes from effecting the conditional formatting range?
0
xramx

Is it possible that your users are copying and pasting from another workbook
which may not have the conditional formats?  I've seen that cause the effect
you mention.   If they paste something in the cell with the CF that does not
have CF, the original CF is removed.
--
HTH,

Barb Reinhardt

"xramx" wrote:

> My Excel 2007 Worksheet has 19 colms & anywhere from 10 to 40 rows.
> The data changes daily with deletions, insertion and additions to the
> end.
>
> Colm N has an action indicator & I have set Conditional Formatting to
> highlight any "Delete" entries &I set the range to the entire column -
> $N:$N.
>
> Works great at first ... then a few days later I look at the "Manage
> Rules" & the range associated with my formula has changed and been
> fragmented ... eg. $N$29:$N$1048576,$N$1:$N$25.  My guess is that it
> is from the deletes ... but how else can I do this.   How do I stop
> the row changes from effecting the conditional formatting range?
> .

Just tried copy/paste from a cell that had no CF ... the receiving
cell's CF did not change (the rule range still was $N:$N).  I (aka
User) then tried deleting one of the rows.  NO Fragmentation ... I did
this earlier this am & there was fragmentation.

Confused ...

Ram

On Mar 21, 10:10=A0am, Barb Reinhardt
<BarbReinha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Is it possible that your users are copying and pasting from another workb=
ook
> which may not have the conditional formats? =A0I've seen that cause the e=
ffect
> you mention. =A0 If they paste something in the cell with the CF that doe=
s not
> have CF, the original CF is removed.
> --
> HTH,
>
> Barb Reinhardt
>
> "xramx" wrote:
> > My Excel 2007 Worksheet has 19 colms & anywhere from 10 to 40 rows.
> > The data changes daily with deletions, insertion and additions to the
> > end.
>
> > Colm N has an action indicator & I have set Conditional Formatting to
> > highlight any "Delete" entries &I set the range to the entire column -
> > $N:$N.
>
> > Works great at first ... then a few days later I look at the "Manage
> > Rules" & the range associated with my formula has changed and been
> > fragmented ... eg. $N$29:$N$1048576,$N$1:$N$25. =A0My guess is that it
> > is from the deletes ... but how else can I do this. =A0 How do I stop
> > the row changes from effecting the conditional formatting range?
> > .

0
xramx