Conditional Format #14

That's what I was messing up! It was the ordering, not the formula!
Thank you.  Now if I have my =AND(E2="Y") for one and no formatting
and my second =C2<TODAY() Red bold format, I should be able to mak
rule 3 =C2<TODAY()-2 format Yellow bold and have anything 2 days clos
to due yellow, YES

--
Jimmytec
Jimmytech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1447

RE: =AND(E2="Y")

You only need AND when you are testing two conditions, both of which must be
true. If that's your only condition =E2="Y" will do.

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:14:24 -0500, Jimmytech
<Jimmytech.1creba@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>That's what I was messing up! It was the ordering, not the formula!
>Thank you.  Now if I have my =AND(E2="Y") for one and no formatting,
>and my second =C2<TODAY() Red bold format, I should be able to make
>rule 3 =C2<TODAY()-2 format Yellow bold and have anything 2 days close
>to due yellow, YES?

0
anonymous (74722)

FORMATTING
Hello, I'm trying to write out a sql statement to populate some data. One of the field is a "SPOTDATETIME" Type DATE. My data does not include the time only date. I do not have access to write in this DB. I was told when writing my statement to use "TO_CHAR" in my statement to convert the date into Date/Time. Can someone help or tell me this is not possible? Thanks in advance. What kind of database are you hitting? TO_CHAR is an Oracle function, not Access. If you want to see the time component of a date field, try using the Format function. In an Acce...

Format of pst and ost
Hi experts Where can i found the information about Outlook's pst and ost file. Like its format, its features etc. Thanks The format of how data is stored in the file is undocumented. The programmatic access available is detailed in the VB/VBA help files for the Outlook object model. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "manoj" <cmanoj@stellarinfo.com> wrote in message news:uCItbDxcEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > H...

Can Report formats be modifed?
When I print reports, such as Monthly Income and Expenses, there are no spaces between any of the lines -- and that makes the report hard to read without using a ruler. Is there a way to modify report formats by inserting a blank row where it would be helpful? The customize options are what you get. "rjban (fake) @bellsouth.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:840d01c495d4$b4c71d90$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I print reports, such as Monthly Income and Expenses, > there are no spaces between any of the lines -- and that > makes the repo...

Conditional formatting query #2
Hi, I thought I knew how to do this, but it turns out I don't. If I have names in column A (eg Alan, Bob, Cathy), and values in column B (see below), is there any way I can use conditional formatting to change a cell in A, based on a value in B? A B 1 Alan 4 2 Bob 1 3 Cathy 3 Essentially what I'd like is to highlight the name, if the value is 3 or over. I know how to change the cells in B using conditional formatting, but can't figure out how to change A cells. Thanks, Fiona Select all the cells you want Conditionally formatted. Try this with Formul...

Outlook .msg file format conversion
How can I convert an outlook .msg file format to .txt, or .rft or .doc? Open the msg file in outlook (just double click it in Explorer)an then select File Save As. If the e-mail needs to be changed from plain text or HTML then you will need to Edit Message to change format before you Save As. UKBoomerFL wrote: > How can I convert an outlook .msg file format to .txt, or .rft or .doc? Open the item and use the Save As command to save it in the desired format. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and...

More conditional formatting
I would like to change the pattern colour of a cell based on what pattern colour another cell is, e.g. if cell b3 is red with no text in, I would like cell a1 to be red also. Does anyone know how to do this? -- Jon Seddon Hi not possible without using VBA (to get the color of the other cell) It wuld be easier if you could use a condition which is not based on a format >-----Original Message----- >I would like to change the pattern colour of a cell based on what pattern colour another cell is, e.g. if cell b3 is red with no text in, I would like cell a1 to be red also. Does anyone...

Save .pub to .pdf format
I'm having a little struggle trying to save to .pdf. Went to the MSFT site and carefully followed the instructions. I've saved to .pdf before but sometimes it seems impossible. Using Publisher 2007 and have installed the .pdf converter from MSFT to use with Word, etc. TIA. Jethro Pull wrote: > I'm having a little struggle trying to save to .pdf. Went to the MSFT > site and carefully followed the instructions. I've saved to .pdf > before but sometimes it seems impossible. > > Using Publisher 2007 and have installed the .pdf converter from MSFT > to use...

cannot read mails in HTML Format
In outlook 2007 i can't read my mails in HTML format. How can i configure out this? Are the email items sitting in your Junk E-mail folder? Is there any information in the InfoBar mentioning why they're not being shown as HTML? "Alper Ozgur" <alpozgur@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eaYTs4raHHA.4396@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > In outlook 2007 i can't read my mails in HTML format. How can i configure > out this? > ...

Varied accuracy custom number formats
Hello, I would like to create a custom number format that varies depending on the value in a cell. Not sure if this is possible. Different volume liquid dispensers that I work with have changing accuracies depending on the amount to dispense. I would like a single number format that would take all of these into account. For a value of 0 = 0 >0 to 2 = nearest even thousandth (1.002 or 1.004) >2 to 10 = nearest 100th >10 to 20 = nearest even 100th >20 to 100 = nearest 10th >100 to 200 = nearest even 10th >200 = nearest integer I don't want the value ...

Date format 06-28-07
How to set the date in the combo box to be displayed in "dd/mm/yyyy" in VBA? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200706/1 On Jun 28, 9:20 am, "EMILYTAN via AccessMonster.com" <u33296@uwe> wrote: > How to set the date in the combo box to be displayed in "dd/mm/yyyy" in VBA? > > -- > Message posted via AccessMonster.comhttp://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200706/1 In the format of the combo box type dd/mm/yyyy in the input mask of the combo box type ...

Creating a Formula to Format Column automatically? #4
Does it matter what order the conditions are in? Some of them worked some didn't -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26434 If you have 3 conditions, the order does not matter. What matters is the content of the cell. Not case-sensitive, but do you have any extra spaces if text? If looking for numbers, are they real numbers or text that looks like numbers? You used Joe Blow and...

How do you format each pie chart segment with different fills
Hi, You have to select the individual slice. Click once to select the pie. Click again to select the slice. Cheers Andy clueless wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Andy - THANKS! I was having the exact same problem! "Andy Pope" wrote: > Hi, > > You have to select the individual slice. > Click once to select the pie. > Click again to select the slice. > > Cheers > Andy > > clueless wrote: > > -- > > Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel > http://www.andypope.info > ...

Make Day CAPS In Custom Date Format
I've got a cell formatted thus: hh:mm ddd dd.mm.yy which returns 19:20 Thu 25.02.10. I want 19:20 THU 25.02.10, ie the day in caps. You need to use the Upper function, as in: =UPPER(TEXT(A1,"hh:mm ddd dd.mm.yy")) Regards, Fred "robzrob" <robzrob@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:15c33695-2b53-4d8f-8173-1aa6f178b739@g28g2000yqh.googlegroups.com... > I've got a cell formatted thus: hh:mm ddd dd.mm.yy which returns 19:20 > Thu 25.02.10. I want 19:20 THU 25.02.10, ie the day in caps. I don't think you'll be able to do it in for...

conditional formatting graph
Is it possible to do conditional formatting on a bar graph? I need one bar to change to red if it is below the national average or stay green if it's above. I have found many postings on how to do something like this in Excel but nothing on how to do it in Access. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks Becky ...

Format cell to capital letters.
Does Excel have a cell format function that changes all letters entered in a cell to capital letters? Example: Enter "tEsT" in a cell and press enter - Excel changes the entered text in that cell to "TEST". Thank you. Jan Hi there's no format for this but you may use the function =PROPER(A1) in an adjacent cell -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jan Nielsen wrote: > Does Excel have a cell format function that changes all letters > entered in a cell to capital letters? Example: Enter "tEsT" in a cell > and press enter - Excel changes the e...

Exchange 5.5 #14
Is there a theoretical or practical size limit to personal mail boxes? In otherwords is there a size such that the information in a personal mail box is vulnerable to loss or a size that could affect the functionality of Exchange itself? Thanks for including both experiences and references No - the limits are more of a recoverability issue in terms of the resultant size of the database and the time it takes to backup, restore and repair. -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.c...

Template: Format font size
Hello. I am using the Template "VAT invoice - price including tax" from Office Online. I have been unable to get the font size to change to in the printed version. Regardless of what the font size is set at in the document (I have items set at 12, 14 and very large), all fonts print the same size...too small to read. Any suggestions? Thank you. -- Diana ...

date format in Excel #3
Hi All, What a wonderful mine of information this group is!!! Required daily reading to me. Thanks for the great contributions. Although I have managed to format a cell date (Excel in Office Pro 2000) with the "day" (e.g. "Friday" - as in dddd, dd mmm yyyy), I am stumped when it comes to putting a "th" or "nd" or "rd" (as in 1st/2nd/3rd etc...) Any ideas? TIA -- mac Take a look here: http://cpearson.com/excel/ordinal.htm In article <085A749B-889A-410F-B022-393684155179@microsoft.com>, "mac@bath" <barrydotjdotm...

Conditional Format question #2
SG93IGNhbiBJIGNyZWF0ZSBhIGZvcm1hdCBmb3IgdGhlIGNlbGxzIHdoaWNoIGNvbnRhaW5zIGEg Y2VydGFpbiBzdWJzdHJpbmc/ > How can I create a format for the cells which contains a certain > substring? Select col A (A1 active), then apply the CF using Formula Is: =ISNUMBER(SEARCH("diesel fuel",A1)) Format to taste > ok out Replace SEARCH with FIND if you need it to be a stricter, case sensitive search -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:19,000, Files:362, Subscribers:62 xdemechanik --- Cells being in column A use Format>Conditional formatting with this ...

Save As "Word 97-2003 Document" format does not save an RTF file i
Thanks for reviewing this question. Word 2007 does not convert a RTF file to the Word 97 (DOC) format when using Save As and selecting the type: Word 97-2003 Document format. To reproduce: Open Word 2007 add some text to the document Select Save As and the file type "Word 97-2003 & 6.0/95 RTF (*.doc)" Note file is saved in the RTF format Select Save As and set the type to "Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc)" Use the same file name. Notice you will be prompted to save the file again. (This is very annoying to our customers) Open the file in notepad and n...

Date formatting issue
In my query I used: Month: Format(Month([DA Peer Review]![Start Time]),"mmmm") I created a query using the above formula so that I could add a month field in my query (i want to be able to generate reports by month) The current test data in my tables are all march dates and the start time field is build off of a command button using the Now formula. My new Month field as written above populated all with January. Since All of my test entries are dated with march dates, it should have returned March. I am wondering what I am doing wrong? Does it matter that my current star...

I need a sample of Students Database, 2003 Format Please.
I have Office 2003 installed on my machine. I need a copy of Students Database Sample downloaded from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC012253551033.aspx?pid=CT101428361033 and can not view it since I do not have Office 2007. Could anyone out there with Office 2007 download it, convert it to Office 2003 and email it to me please? Thank you, Adnan "Adnan" <te_adnani@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:23765D0A-F084-4F47-B17D-0B10BBC5CF9D@microsoft.com... >I have Office 2003 installed on my machine. I need a copy of Students > Database Sample ...

Can one adjust Format Row Autofit to ensure WYSIWYG when printing
Does anyone know if you can adjust Format Rows Autofit to ensure WYSIWYG when printing. I am continually frustrated that when I print after using the autofit function that I get text cut in half and underlines missing. Autofit does not seem to work properly. Can it be set to slightly overcompensate perhaps? Hi Gray, this problem only happens when you're working in a zoo different from 100%; so if you're working with 115% and autofit th rows they won't show up properly when you print (they will be cutted) Also there is a problem you have to consider is when you use Bold o...

Change file Format
Hi, I have created a picture card in Publisher and would like to put it in the body of an Outlook email as a picture. Is it possible to change the format to a GIF or JEPG so Outlook can read the file. Frank What version Publisher? In Publisher 2002-03, select all, right-click and save as a picture. Other versions, select all, copy and paste into something like MS Paint. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Francis Cunningham, Jr." <FrancisCunninghamJr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A79A3...

Excel format in selected cells have changed to DATE format!!!!
OMG! This is destroyed my spreadsheet, it has happened before... randomly certain cells are changed to DATE format, the NORMAL style changes to DATE format. Changing the normal style back to 'General' number format worked last time, this time, it has ravaged my spreadsheet. What is causing this? I saw this bug mentioned by other people in other posts. What is causing this bug, and how can i avoid it from happening again? You are placing text in the cells that look exactly like dates. Format the cell as text or place a ' in the cell before the text when you place ...