Conditional format #12

Hi.  I am trying to set a conditional format.

If NETWORKDAYS(A1,TODAY())> 3

I would like the cell to format with red shading.

How do is set the formula in the condtional statement?  I
tried ="NETWORKDAYS(A1,TODAY())>3" , but this doesn't seem
to work.

Thanks,
Mike.
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Mike!

It doesn't work because the NETWORKDAYS function is in another
workbook (the Analysis ToolPak add-in).

You can use a workaround by putting your condition in a separate cell
(eg B1) and then referring to that cell:

B1
=NETWORKDAYS(A1,TODAY())

Then your conditional format for A1 becomes:

=B1>3

Alternatively, you can use a conditional format formula that avoids
the Analysis ToolPak

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(A1&":"&TODAY())),2)<=5),1-COUNTIF(Holidays,ROW(INDIRECT(A1&":"&TODAY()))))>3

(Holidays is a reference to a range that contains the dates of
holidays.)

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

0
njharker (1646)
7/27/2004 3:05:07 PM
Hi!

If you are wanting the cell containing this formula to change format
try "Cell value is " "equal to" and False or True for the value.

If your date calculation misbehaves, have a look at the Help file whic
suggests there can be problems with dates entered as text and recommend
using DATE(2004,7,27) and such likes.

Al

How do I create a bulleted list text format inside cell?
I am collecting data and want to format the text inside the "notes" (my title) cell so that it can be more easily read. I would like to make a bulleted list. There are several cells that need this formatting. Is this possible? There is no help for this. You have to do it manually. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "DEH" <DEH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFAEE5CC-0AAD-41D7-9DE1-396187DA2681@microsoft.com... > I am collecting data and want to format the text inside the "notes" (my > title) cell so that it can be more easily read. I would...

too many different formatting cells
I can't open an excel document because whem I try to open it says that too many different formatting cells. How to resolve this and open this document? Maybe... XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=213904 A few people have said that OpenOffice.Org has been able to open the file. Then they clean it up and save it there. Then excel can open that cleaned up version. http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-104 meg download or a CD jo wrote: > > I can't open an excel document because whem I try to open it says that too >...

Conditional Formatting #18
I am attempting to use the conditional formatting to color code some cells, I want to say, If C1 = 0 then highlight A1 in red, how would I do that. Thanks Michelle 1st: select "Formula Is" instead of "Cell Value Is" in the left dropdown. The rest of the line changes to one long textbox. Enter "=$C$1=0" (no quotes) then select your format style from "format" button and "color" dropdown. that should do it. >-----Original Message----- > >I am attempting to use the conditional formatting to color >code some cells, I wan...

Conditional formating #7
Need help figuring out a formula please. If "date entered" in cell exceedes todays date by 4 days, then format the cell background "Red". Thanks so much for any help you can give. -- Unplugged ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Unplugged's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36751 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=564685 Use a formula of =A2>=TODYA()+4 where A2 is assumed as the first cell with CF "Unplugged" <Unplugged.2bi5mq_1153833004...

conditional formating in Access
how to use Max funciton for conditional formating in Access form On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 01:43:00 -0800, sudyl wrote: > how to use Max funciton for conditional formating in Access form Max of What? Select the control. Click on Format + Conditional Formatting. Select Expression Is As the expression write: [ThisControlName] = Max([ThisControlName]) Select the colors wanted. Save the change -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

Complicated conditional formatting
Here's a breakdown of what I'm trying to do...Employee scheduling worksheet that is easy to read and follow. There are 5 functions employees can have, each given a specific color via conditional formatting. Each column represents a period of time during the work day, each row a different employee. As it stands now, for the duration that the employee will work, I simply enter a 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 corresponding to their function, and it will color each cell with that value. The problem I run into, is in a separate sheet, I'm wanting to use conditional formatting to apply the same c...

Conditional Formatting 12-16-09
Hello, with a text entry containing 2 different fonts, like "?" (Font Symbol), then "Customers" (Font Arial), Conditional Formatting seems to apply only to the first font element (?) whereas the second element remains untouched by CF. Is there a workaround (so that the entry "? Customers" as a whole undergoes CF) ? Thank you in advance. H.G. Lamy ...

Printing odd pages in booklet format
I used to be able to do this easily in PageMaker, but I can't figure it out for the life of me in Publisher... I am creating a booklet. Each page is 8.5 w and 5.5 tall (ie, half-letter, landscape orientation). I'd like to print this booklet two pages to one peice of paper, so I can cut in the middle and punch for a ring binder. I'd like the target paper to be letter (8.5 x 11). However, when I try to set it up as a book, I get a weird page that's 17x5.5. How can I change how the page is set up, so I can get both 8.5 x 5.5 pages to print in the correct orientation on the...

How to keep display format when exporting XML?
First thank you for taking the time to read about my problem. My problem is this. When exporting my xml data, the time/date values loose their display format. A time of 01:30 am, for example, becomes something like 0.001353 when exported.. What do I need to do to keep the same format as is displayed in Excel? It would sure be great if you could help. Kind regards ...

How to convert US date format to European
My computer is set up to use the European style dates (ddmmyyyy), not the USA-style dates (mmddyyyy format). So if I enter "01/06/05" I get a date of 01-June-2005. However when I download some information in CSV format at times that same date is formatted like this: "06/01/05". However this is interpreted as 06-January-2005 in the spreadsheet. How can I convert the US formatted values to European, in effect swapping the first two numbers? Thanks T Meisner -- 1025 Osborne Rd., New Germany, NS, Canada B0R 1E0 Rename the .csv file to .txt File|open that .txt file...

Date format of 0 and if statements
I have an is statment as such: =IF('Raw Data'!A5=0,,'Raw Data'!A5) This issue I have is when I format fields as "date" and the reference cell = 0 excel formates the cell as 01/00/00. I have also used the formula: =IF('Raw Data'!A5=0,"",'Raw Data'!A5) The issue I have is I want to create graphs of this data in a dynamic fashion, but when the data range of the graph encounters either "" or 1/00/00 as a date, it plots it as a data point. I need a way to make my IF statment to produce a BLANK or EMPTY cell. Is there a key word in...

2 Formatting Questions
Date Fields: Can we, in the CRM forms, format dates to read into the “15 Aug 2005” format? This is possible in reports, but by default, the forms use only numbers for dates, but in any format. Currency: Any ideas of how to track multiple currencies in the same application - specifically USD and Canadian? I know a Microsoft CRM installation currently supports one language. But aside from using a picklist to specify "USD", "CAN", "MEX", or other I'm concerned about how their forecasting. -- Carroll Little Vis.align, LLC 610-692-3290 x3326 www.visalign.c...

How to get total "conditional sum of cells" in a column?
Hi all, I have dollar amounts in one col, and status in another. I want the sum of those dollar amounts where the corresponding status cell is empty (blank). How do I do this? Thanks for any hints, cdj Status in Column A and dollar amounts in Column B: =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A100="")*B2:B100) -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "sherifffruitfly" <sherifffruitfly@gmail.com> wrote in message news:bc08584b-1338-4b3f-8ab3-cc3e1602e581@n1g2000prb.go...

XML Receipt and Conditions
I wanted to make a small adjustment to the receipt when a certain condition is met. If a particular word (eg. family) is typed into the comment on an item I wanted something slightly different to happen to the receipt I've just about got it, just stuck on the condition tag <IF> <CONDITION>len(Entry.Comment)</CONDITION> <THEN> I can get it using len but this makes it happen for any word, is there anyway I can make it so that it is more specific ie Entry.Comment contains '%family%' try <IF> <CONDITION>Entry.Comment like '%family%'&...

Conditional Formatting
Hello all, I have a spreadsheet with 79,000 cells of information in rows and columns. On a separate worksheet I have 5,000 cells of information. I would like any information in the first sheet that is in the second sheet to turn to red. For example. Sheet1, column A hellothere howareyou iamfine Sheet2, column A hellothere iamfine I would like the two strings in sheet one which appear in sheet 2 to turn red, leaving the middle string black. Is there a way to do a lookup to compare the cell value to a range using conditional formatting? Thanks for any help. Mxx -- murphyz -----...

Using IF for conditional formatting?
Need help with displaying blank cells when formulas are inside. The formulas would display a value if the contents of a source cell is filled in. I'm attempting to use in the formula cells(like B2): IF(A2="","",A2*5) If A2 is null, then display blank in B2, else calculate A2 * 5. Is this the best approach to keeping formula cells clear until data is entered? Thanks!!!! Yes -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Barb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fd0201c4...

Conditional formating #20
I need help with conditional formating. I need Row 30 to change colour when D30 is equal to a certain value. A the moment i can only get the one cell to change colour :rolleyes -- smith.james ----------------------------------------------------------------------- smith.james0's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1623 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39022 Select the row. Enter: CF1: Formula is =$D30 = "certain value" Format1: Patterns/<changed color> In article <smith.james0.1ssb2d...

Text box and formatting?
I am working on class schedule and have one text box which spans a few pages. Pages are double columns. I have a header for each class and paragraph given for class description. On the last page, last column, one description appears at the top with empty space for the rest of the column. I would like to change the formatting of the text in the whole text-box so that most of the last column is used. I can select the text in the text box which expands over the few pages and play with the font size, but that would mean that all the text would be the same size. Is there a way that text...

Formatting Chart Category Labels
I'm creating a fairly complex chart - a spider graph "dashboard" report that addresses 4 major areas of an organization's performance - finance, quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction. Each category has 4-7 data elements, so that there are a total of 22 data elements on the chart. There will be 2 sections of the report, a chart showing YTD, LYTD and Goal values for the data elements and the graph itself. I envision this as a relatively easy way for management or board to get a snapshot of comparative key performance indicators. So far so good - input form, c...

conditional formating: ifs and highlighting rows
my spreadsheet documents error incidents, with each row showing the date the incident was discovered (column A) and the date it was resolved (column I). it also calculates networkdays (column J) -- unless column I=0 -- and references an array of holiday dates on another sheet. i would like to create a conditional format that will identify rows with an incident, but no resolution date, then highlight the row and possibly even show "unresolved" in column J cell of that row. Thanks! Well, you have to decide which way you want to go with this. If you leave column J ...

Macro #12
Why would a macro behave differently attached to a command button than when event driven through calculate worksheet? What does "behave differently" mean to you? It might help for you to post both a description of what you're concerned about, and relevant parts of your code in a reply message. A couple of things different: Macros in a regular code module may have different default behavior than macros stored in a worksheet code module - for instance Range("A1") in a regular code module is equivalent to ActiveSheet.Range("A1"). In a worksheet module, t...

Which 'event' to run pivot chart formatting code on file open?
Greetings I have code to change my pivot chart type to a mix of line and column also to refomat colours I need to run the code so that the user sees the changes when the file is opened Ive tried the 'workbook open' event and the chart activate event but noy joy so far. (Once the file is open, manualy triggering the code works perfectly) Any ideas? Thanks I don't know why workbook_open doesn't work. You could use Application.OnTime to run your code a short time (like 2 sec) after the workbook opens. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://Peltier...

today() conditional formatting
i have conditional formatting set for projects that are still pending so that formula is =today( formatted font is red, bol once the project is complete, the date is manually entered into the cell (changing it from the formula =today() to an actual date (i.e.: 4/19/04)) the problem is that the conditional formatting at that point still reads the date in that cell as today's date (even though it's no longer a formula), and continues to show as red, bold font... which indicates that the project is still pending is there a way to get around that hope that makes sense tia jill You...

conditional sums and multiple criteria
Please help: I'm working on an award tracking system for individual girl scouts and a summary sheet that lists if each scout earned an award and the date it was awarded. I'm trying to calculate how many awards to purchase and need to count the number of completed awards only if date awarded field is blank. I've tried COUNTA, SUMIF, and keep coming up with errors. Do I need to combine functions? If so, how do I do this on the function bar? I'm a newbie and am not yet ready to get into VBA. Thanks! EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com To...

Export data to txt format file
Can I write a VB procedure that will export a table of data with specific widths? I done it manually, but no success with VB procedure -- pad On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 19:36:01 -0800, paduanow <wpaduano@go.com> wrote: >Can I write a VB procedure that will export a table of data with specific >widths? I done it manually, but no success with VB procedure Take a look at the Help for "TransferText". Yes, you can create an output specification with fixed width files, in code just as you can using File... Export. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...