Conditional Comment using Cell value as part of it

What I'm trying to do is the following:

if cell(a1) is different from 0(zero) then, cell(b1) should have a comment
that say, the value of cell(c1) is the payment, next line the value of
cell(a1) was refund, next line Total for today = cell(c1)-cell(a1)

Example
a1 = $10.00
c1 = $30.00

B1 (comment):
$30.00 is the payment (c1)
$10.00 was refund      (a1)

Total for today: $20.00 (c1-a1)

can anyone help me on that?

thanks in advance

Validation list in a conditional formula
I would like to include a validation list (drop down choices) in a conditional formula in Excel. Something along the lines of =IF(A4="RAIN",$B$11,IF(A4="TEMPERATURE",$D$11,"")) where $B$11 has a drop down choice of appropriate units for rain based on a list from a column of cells (e.g. containing inches, cm, mm) and $D$11 has a drop down choice of appropriate units for temperature based on a different list from a different column of cells (e.g.containing Kelvin,Centigrade,Fahrenheit). But I can't get the validation list with the drop down choices to b...

Can't display all text in cell
I'm trying to display text in a cell. I've got Wrap Text on, and I hav several paragraphs of text. All of it appears in the formula bar, bu not in the cell displayed on the screen. And yes, I increased the ro height, but it still doesn't show. Any ideas? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am having the same problem. Apparantly there is a 1024 character limitation per cel in excel. The only advice I have received so far, which does work, is to press alt+enter to create a line break. If you find another work around, I would be interested. Hi besid...

100% CPU used by SQL and HQClient
We are seeing both HQ Client and SQL tie up resources at the store servers during connection to HQ. This can slow access to the store database by registers for a long period of time. Anyone else seeing similar performance issues on store servers? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_059A_01C7B449.07A22E70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Rick, Make sure you're running 1.3 or higher. Consider more RAM and processor = speed. Maybe even dedicate a processor core to it. --=20 Regards, Jeff...

Export Access Record to Specific Cells in Excel
I'm looking for suggestions on how to export data from an Access table or Query into specific cells of a Worksheet. The table I'm importing will always contain a single record only. For example, I'd like to export data from Field1, field2...etc in an access table to Sheet2!A3, Sheet2!B3...etc. Any sugestions would be most appreciative. ...

Using bitmaps with CPaintDC
Is the code below the right approach to displaying bitmaps to a dialog. And is there any obvious problems with it, such as not being consistently displayed on other monitors. Also I would need to display a number of (small) bitmaps side by side on rows, and will need to add scroll functionability to this dialog. Does anyone know of the best approach to displaying these bitmaps in rows, and then adding a scroll for just a certain area of the dialog where the bitmaps are displayed. The member variables bmp and cdc are declared in the class declaration. void CDCBmpTestDlg::OnPaint() { CPain...

Excel 2007 and Word 2007 Hangs when using the File -> Open command
I have a couple users that when they have Excel 2007 or Word 2007 open, and click the File -> Open option, and choose a file, it either takes about 3 minutes to open the file or the program will crash. If they were to double click on the documents or spreadsheets, the doc or sheet will open right up. This is happening on the user's Hard drive as well as network drives. Once you get a file opened in Word or Excel, however, the next time you go to File -> Open, it's really fast to open the file. ...

Passing Field Values
Hi I have added a new button on to "Sales transaction Entry" screen. How to pass the screen control values to the corresponding button's function (in VBA) Regards Guru You will need to bring up the window and add the "control fields" to VBA. Then you can reference them in your VBA script and pass them to whatever other code you have written. David Musgrave Senior Development Consultant MBS Services - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com Any views contained within are my p...

Multiple If True Values?
Does anyone know of a way to check for a value in two different cells, and if a certain combination of values exists, change the format of another cell? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You. Start by experimenting with Format|Conditional Formatting Then come back if more help is needed best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Lee" <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07DC594F-6045-4A81-B8B9-19F295A2AAA5@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a way to check for a value in two different cells, and &g...

Conditional Formatting
I have a row of cells that calculate the totals for their columns but I force to be blank via IF statements until certain conditions are met. Once these conditions are met, the total appears. I'd like to also highlight these total cells via conditional formatting. My conditional formatting input is simply "If Cell is Greater than 0, format". For some reason all the cells format as though they are all > 0 yet they don't display anything. Are there some internal rules that specifiy when a cell is really 0? Is there another way to do this that won't care what the for...

Conditional formula 05-12-10
trying to construct a formula for the following for the same cell: if a2 > 6, then e2 = 0 if a2 = 6, then e2 = 1 if a2 = 5, then e2 = 2 if a2 = 4, then e2 = 3 if a2 = 3, then e2 =5 this is for a golf scoring system. a2 values are hole scores and results are "handicap" point scores. Any help greatly appreciated Try this: =3DIF(A2>6,0,IF(A2<=3D3,5,7-A2)) Hope this helps. Pete On May 12, 4:14=A0pm, desmond1412 <desmond1...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > trying to construct a formula for the following for the same cell: > if a2 > ...

/// commenting disabled? Generated from a template?
Not getting heard quick enough in newsgroup for visualstudio must be too many VB weenies ;-) so since this is a C# issue... When typing the three slashes I thought VS2008 would then generate a default <summary> comment block but that is not happening (anymore). I've tried devenv /installvstemplates and devenv /setup to reinstall templates but this type of commenting is still apparently not functioning. Anybody lose and then restore the XML commenting? This is a per project setting. Go to project properties, on the Build page, select XML documentation file. This w...

Stored Procedure with array of values
I have the query below in a stored procedure in MS SQL 2005 server. My problem is that I would like to be able to pass in multiple questionID values. So I would like to replace A.QuestionID = @QuestionNumber with a method where I can pass in a list of question numbers. For example instead of passing in 286 I would like to pass in 286, 289, 412, and 513. The number of values passed in would vary from 1 to 15 or 20. I imagine the line A.QuestionID = @QuestionNumber would be edited to something along the lines of A.QuestionID IN ( @QuestionNumber ) SELECT Coun...

How to configure replies when using multiple email addresses?
Good morning, Here is my problem. There are several people in our organization that receive email from two different email domains, for the sake of argument, lets call them user1@abc.com and user1@xyz.com. Email from both email domains are routed through our Exchange server and then the clients receive their email through their Outlook clients, (Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002). Abc.com is the primary email domain, and we have setup a partnership with another company, hence the arrival of the xyz.com domain. When they reply to an email, regardless if it arrives to their abc.com or xyz....

counting same text from different cells
Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that. It will be really helpful if u could send me the solution thank you om Hi =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"p") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "om" <om@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:96B25715-6B88-40F8-8360-9602A05E3B30@microsoft.com... > Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in > excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that. > > It will be rea...

pulling cell "value"
in the cell C4 i have the formula =now() and I have that cell formatted to custom mmmm so that it displays as January. I am now trying to write some VBA code to look at cell C4 and take the January and then do a vlookup on the array that i have named months. months is the cells D14:E25 column D has a list of the months and column E has a list of numbers that corresponds to these months. This is a custom list so I can not use the standard numbers that excel uses for the months. The vlookup in vba should take the January and find the number in col E that corresponds to it th...

Problem using a report from Access2003 to Access2007
I am trying to use a database created with Access 2003 in Access 2007 but have come up with a problem. The database contains a report which produces invoices for sales between two dates. When the report is run the user is asked to input sale date From and To (this is set up in the Invoice Query), Invoice Date and Invoice Start Number - these two are set up as text boxes on the report. Invoice Date conrol source has [Enter Invoice Date] and Invoice Start Number has [Page]+[Invoice Start Number]-1. This works fine in Access 2003 and the invoices come out correctly but in 2007 invoice ...

Use with Office Communicator saving Conversations (IM)
Our office just upgraded our email, and now we have Office Communicatior available. OC allows the saving of conversations to Outlook. I noticed that when a conversation is closed or saved and returned to after a time delay, there are 2 conversations in the folder. Is there a way to only have 1 conversation in the folder? or to have the seperate conversations be distinct, i.e. convo 1 at 930am and ends at 1015 is one, and another covo starts at 215-225. now i'll have a conversation saved at 1015 that has all im from 930, as well as a convo at 225 that has the 215-225 as we...

Does anyone use "location" field in Outlook?
After all these years, I just noticed when I go to make an appointment in Outlook (2003version, with BCM), that there's a second field after "subject" which would seem to be the one everbody mostly uses. The appointment fields are: 1. SUBJECT: (example: "Conference call with Joe and Mary) 2. LOCATION: (does anyone use this?) Is the idea to put something like "Annapolis, MD" meaning maybe a meeting there or something? I know it's a hokey question, but wondered about some examples of how other people are using it. Thanks, G Standard following us...

Formatting Cells #13
If you want something from cell (A) to appear in cell (B) and change when the contents of cell A changes, how do I do that? Acurran, =A1 ??? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Acurran" <Acurran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E800CB99-E6BA-4DF3-BCA0-445A89B2E8A8@microsoft.com... > If you want something from cell (A) to appear i...

Can I use Rule to move digitally signed messages to separate folder?
Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed messages? Thanks in advance. deko <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder > using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed > messages? I don't see that as a selection criterion in the Rules wizard. -- Brian Tillman ...

Insatantiate Generic Collection with Initial Values?
You know how you can instantiate an array of, say, strings and specify intial values at the same time with something like: string[] myStrings = new string[3] { "value1", "value2", "value3" }; Can the same type of thing be done for a List<string> object? I've done a lot of web searching but I can't find any sample code that illustrates this. Joe Cool wrote: > You know how you can instantiate an array of, say, strings and specify > intial values at the same time with something like: > > string[] myStrings = new string[3] {...

how to define scroll bar's page size value?
Hi all, I have a confusion about calculating scroll bar's page size. In my application, I am drawing an image according to scroll bar position. m_iGeneratedImgWidth - Width size of the image (this value is always bigger) rect.right - Width of the drawing area. how to define scroll bar's page size value? SCROLLINFO info; info.cbSize = sizeof(SCROLLINFO); info.fMask = SIF_RANGE|SIF_PAGE|SIF_POS; info.nPos = 0; info.nMin = 0; info.nMax = m_iGeneratedImgWidth - rect.right; info.nPage = ? In my OnHScrollBar() function, for SB_PAGELEFT / SB_PAG...

Highlighting a cell
I would like to highlight a cell for data entry, but I do not want the color to print. Is there a way to acheive this in Excel 2000. Thanks Sandi <File>, <PageSetup>, <Sheet>tab, Under Print, check the "Black & White" box. HTH, RD ==================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so that all may benefit! ==================================================== "Sandi" <ssteines@abprocess.com> wrote in message news:00c601c376eb$2b9a9910$a301280a@phx.gbl... I would like to highlight a ce...

Hard return in wraptext cell?
Is there a way to place a hard return(carriage return) in a cell with wrap text format so as to align text in the way user wants rather than what excel places? Thanks Mark Sure. Where you want a new line just press Alt+Enter. To remove that just place the cursor at the end of the line before the new line and press Delete Tyro "MP" <NoSpam@Thanks.com> wrote in message news:OAFfO3vVIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to place a hard return(carriage return) in a cell with wrap > text format > so as to align text in the way user wants rather than wh...

conditional formatting colors
I need to somehow reflect drops in collections, but there is no set beginning amount to put in the formula bar. I need to highlight in bold or color decreases on a monthly basis and by quarter when drops of three consecutive months happen, I have tried everything, but nothing seems to be working. The spreadsheet is setup where as follows: a b c d e f g H name tume state desc rep month revenue collection it continues down with all of Jan. going down from column a4:a310 and then skips rows and begins Feb. stats a312:a624 and so on. I'...