Compressed Outlined Data Copy

I need to copy only the data that is compressed in Grouped rows and not all
the rows when they are expanded.

When I copy and paste the compressed data, I get all the data that is within
the group, and not just the compressed data. For example:

I need just the following (which is compressed):
Ship $	Line
$5,278.00	CYP Total
$133,122.00	TI Total
$34,660,135.00	Vic Total
$34,798,535.00	Grand Total

when I copy it (D2:E17, but only showing 5 lines because of the
compression), it pastes 16 lines:

Ship $	Line
$123.00	CYP
$44.00	CYP
$4,444.00	CYP
$667.00	CYP
$5,278.00	CYP Total
$123,124.00	TI
$444.00	TI
$666.00	TI
$8,888.00	TI
$133,122.00	TI Total
$34,653,465.00	Vic
$4.00	Vic
$6,666.00	Vic
$34,660,135.00	Vic Total
$34,798,535.00	Grand Total

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Mark
0
mvyvoda (2)

Try this:
After selecting the range you want....
Edit>Goto
click the [Special Cells] button
Select: Visible Cells only
Click the [OK] button

Then you can Copy/Paste Special>Values only the visible cells.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"mvyvoda" wrote:

> I need to copy only the data that is compressed in Grouped rows and not all
> the rows when they are expanded.
>
> When I copy and paste the compressed data, I get all the data that is within
> the group, and not just the compressed data. For example:
>
> I need just the following (which is compressed):
> Ship $	Line
> $5,278.00	CYP Total
> $133,122.00	TI Total
> $34,660,135.00	Vic Total
> $34,798,535.00	Grand Total
>
> when I copy it (D2:E17, but only showing 5 lines because of the
> compression), it pastes 16 lines:
>
> Ship $	Line
> $123.00	CYP
> $44.00	CYP
> $4,444.00	CYP
> $667.00	CYP
> $5,278.00	CYP Total
> $123,124.00	TI
> $444.00	TI
> $666.00	TI
> $8,888.00	TI
> $133,122.00	TI Total
> $34,653,465.00	Vic
> $4.00	Vic
> $6,666.00	Vic
> $34,660,135.00	Vic Total
> $34,798,535.00	Grand Total
>
> Is there a way to do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark
Ron Coderre, you're my hero. I actually tried that a while ago, but I must
have done something wrong.

Thanks so much,
Mark

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

> Try this:
> After selecting the range you want....
> Edit>Goto
> click the [Special Cells] button
> Select: Visible Cells only
> Click the [OK] button
>
> Then you can Copy/Paste Special>Values only the visible cells.
>
> Does that help?
>
> ***********
> Regards,
> Ron
>
> XL2002, WinXP-Pro
>

> "mvyvoda" wrote:
>
> > I need to copy only the data that is compressed in Grouped rows and not all
> > the rows when they are expanded.
> >
> > When I copy and paste the compressed data, I get all the data that is within
> > the group, and not just the compressed data. For example:
> >
> > I need just the following (which is compressed):
> > Ship $	Line
> > $5,278.00	CYP Total
> > $133,122.00	TI Total
> > $34,660,135.00	Vic Total
> > $34,798,535.00	Grand Total
> >
> > when I copy it (D2:E17, but only showing 5 lines because of the
> > compression), it pastes 16 lines:
> >
> > Ship $	Line
> > $123.00	CYP
> > $44.00	CYP
> > $4,444.00	CYP
> > $667.00	CYP
> > $5,278.00	CYP Total
> > $123,124.00	TI
> > $444.00	TI
> > $666.00	TI
> > $8,888.00	TI
> > $133,122.00	TI Total
> > $34,653,465.00	Vic
> > $4.00	Vic
> > $6,666.00	Vic
> > $34,660,135.00	Vic Total
> > $34,798,535.00	Grand Total
> >
> > Is there a way to do this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark
0
mvyvoda (2)
1/9/2006 8:11:02 PM
Thanks for the feedback....I'm glad that worked for you.

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"mvyvoda" wrote:

> Ron Coderre, you're my hero. I actually tried that a while ago, but I must
> have done something wrong.
>
> Thanks so much,
> Mark
>
> "Ron Coderre" wrote:
>
> > Try this:
> > After selecting the range you want....
> > Edit>Goto
> > click the [Special Cells] button
> > Select: Visible Cells only
> > Click the [OK] button
> >
> > Then you can Copy/Paste Special>Values only the visible cells.
> >
> > Does that help?
> >
> > ***********
> > Regards,
> > Ron
> >
> > XL2002, WinXP-Pro
> >

> > "mvyvoda" wrote:
> >
> > > I need to copy only the data that is compressed in Grouped rows and not all
> > > the rows when they are expanded.
> > >
> > > When I copy and paste the compressed data, I get all the data that is within
> > > the group, and not just the compressed data. For example:
> > >
> > > I need just the following (which is compressed):
> > > Ship $	Line
> > > $5,278.00	CYP Total
> > > $133,122.00	TI Total
> > > $34,660,135.00	Vic Total
> > > $34,798,535.00	Grand Total
> > >
> > > when I copy it (D2:E17, but only showing 5 lines because of the
> > > compression), it pastes 16 lines:
> > >
> > > Ship $	Line
> > > $123.00	CYP
> > > $44.00	CYP
> > > $4,444.00	CYP
> > > $667.00	CYP
> > > $5,278.00	CYP Total
> > > $123,124.00	TI
> > > $444.00	TI
> > > $666.00	TI
> > > $8,888.00	TI
> > > $133,122.00	TI Total
> > > $34,653,465.00	Vic
> > > $4.00	Vic
> > > $6,666.00	Vic
> > > $34,660,135.00	Vic Total
> > > $34,798,535.00	Grand Total
> > >
> > > Is there a way to do this?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Mark

Filtering/Subtracting Data with two columns
I have a list of store numbers in column one, and a list of stores that i have received surveys from in column two. How do i subtract the data from column 1 so that i can see what stores i still need to collect surveys from? Thanks One way would be to use Data>Filter>Autofilter Use the dropdown on the second column to select "blanks" and that will give you the list of stores you are stillwaiting to hear from. -- Regards Roger Govier "No.limit" <Nolimit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E59CDA71-D12F-45C5-8702-C97254D0FEC1@microsoft.com......

Copying specific cells ?
If you please..... I would like to do this: If A1="XXXX" copy A2 to B1 If A22="XXXX" copy A23 to B2 If A29="XXXX" copy A30 to B3 I want to copy the very NEXT cell after any cell that has "XXXX" into column in order. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: enter the following array formula (entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER) in B1 =INDEX($A$1:$A$100,SMALL(IF($A$1:$A$100="XXXX",ROW($A$1:$A$100)),ROW(1: 1))+1) +and copy this down as far as needed -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "brazen234 >&qu...

Import Data using Forms
Hi, Can anyone tell me how I can set up a form to import an excel sheet into an exisiting table in access? Thank you!! You can use the TransferSpreadsheet Method to import a spreadsheet. The click event of the button would run the code you write for the import. "carolini" <carolini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A30B2F52-96CD-421B-A940-A200A0D129CF@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Can anyone tell me how I can set up a form to import an excel sheet into > an > exisiting table in access? > > Thank you!! > On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:24...

Stop excel from copying data from one sheet to another
I have a workbook (actually 75 workbooks) and it has ten worksheets. In each sheet I have a subtotal at the end of each row (34 in all) and at the bottom of each column (25 in all) I have copied this formula onto each sheet. The problem I am having is that in the blank cells (of any worksheet), I enter a number and it is being transposed onto the other nine worksheets. I have no formulas in any of the cells or the other worksheets telling it to transfer the information. What I need to know is, how do i stop it from copying information from one sheet to the other without having to re...

conditional format on first & last digit on 3 digit cell data
How to create conditional formatting and color shade cells which contains the first and last digit which I'm looking at regardless of any order on three digit cell data? Use a formula of =AND(LEFT(A2,1)="5",RIGHT(A2,1)="7") as an example -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "caprey" <caprey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68C65158-A525-4C3C-A493-2AA38398CA7E@microsoft.com... > How to create conditional formatting and color shade cells which contains > the > first and last digit which I'm looking at regar...

Getting data out of and into a dialog while it's "active"
Situation: I put up a dialog that contains, among other things, 2 drop-list combo boxes and on dropdown combo box. there's also a button nearby which the user can press to bring up another dialog to allow selecting the values for these three items using a different set of controls. I did something like this earlier when I had a multi-line edit control and a button to load the data from a file. When the user pushed the button, I used a file-open dialog to get the file and its contents and stuffed it into the CString variable and then returned to the main dialog. This worked perfectly. ...

Error Msg "You must enter a number between 0,00 and 100 000 000 000,00" pops up, when i enter data into fields, whose type is 'Decimal'.
Hi everyone, i am new to MS CRM. Therefore please bear with me. i have got this error msg "You must enter a number between 0,00 and 100 000 000 000,00." when i enter values into fields whose type is 'Decimal'. I searched through the KB articles and i found that this problem can be solved using an Update Rollup 2 for CRM 1.2. However i am using CRM 4.0 right now. Therefore is there any other suggestion to solve this problem? Warmest Regards, Thomas Thomas - what exactly is your issue here? the message you...

Data split on pages
I created a report of addresses and listing the persons that live at each address. When the report displays, it is possible for an address to appear on one page with the names on a second page. How can I ensure that if there is not room enough on a page for all the names at an address, the address will not display on that page, but will display on the next page with the names. I do NOT want to page-break on every address. I tried grouping, but that did not solve the problem. You should be able to group by address and set the Keep Together property of the group to Whole Grou...

multiple data
I need a chart that has Collections Charges Units For 3 years Broken out by payor mix. I have tried to do the stacked chart thinking y axis would have dollars, x axis would have years 1-3 and then for each year I would have 3 bars (each stacked by payor) for collections, charges and units. I can get this to run but only for one year. I cannot get 3 bars per year. I am certain it is something to do with the way I have highlighting the data range and or the series. We have worked all weekend getting the data and now cannot determine how to run chart. Please help! ...

Recover public folders data from dead Exchange 5.5
Our MS Exch server has completely failed due to hardware issues. We moved our users to a new mail server Kerio, Fully MAPI capable. We would like to recover the data from the users mailboxes, calendar, contacts and such. We also want to reclaim to stuff in our public folders. Is there a way if we put the drives in another box, boot off a new OS and pull out the data we need? It sounds simple to me, but with MS I'm sure it's more involved. Are there any tools for this kind of task? Thanks in advanced. I'm cheating and copy-n-pasting this from a post I made the other day. ...

How to copy non-contiguous columns to a text file
I would like to copy columns just B and J to a tab-delimited text file. Excel will allow me to select those 2 columns and perform various operations on them (bold, center, etc.). But when I try to copy (Ctrl-C) and then paste into NotePad (Ctrl-V), I get all of the intervening columns. I know I can rearrange the columns, but I'd like to know if there is a way to copy non-contiguous columns. Hi Jennifer, Hold Cntrl and select the B Column Data and hold the Cntrl and select the J Column data also. Now the B and J Column data only will be getting selected. Do Cntrl+C to copy the data and ...

Help with "clusters" of plotted data
I've been looking everywhere and I cannot seem to find a solution to my problem. I have data in my spreadsheet that is 'test' data from a lab. The lab doesn't generate data over weekends/holidays, so I'll have a bunch of data points from M-F dates, but then there is a gap in days then the data starts flowing again. 10-2-2009 10-5-2009 10-6-2009 10-7-2009 10-8-2009 10-9-2009 10-12-2009 When I plot this data using the X-Y graph (my situation isn't conducive to using a line graph), I'll have clusters of 5 days worth of data...a 2 day gap on the x-axis fo...

import number data doesn't allow summing
I'm importing a txt file. one of the columns contains numbers. After import, I am unable to sum or perform any number manipulation. I'd appreciate any help Thanks Craig Hi Craig probably the numbers are stored as text format. Try the following: 1. Format the column as number/general (goto 'Format - Cells') 2. Enter a 1 in an empty cell, select this cell and copy this cell (CTRL+C) 3. Select the column with your numbers and goto 'Edit - Paste Special'. Select the action 'Multiply' That should work Frank craig wrote: > I'm importing a txt file. one of...

Data retrieval in a Matrix
As usual, I really want to thank everyone who did help on my VB code. I today come with new problems that did arise while developing and I have a few brand new questions unfortunately ... I need to create a matrix of prices on Sheets("Matrix"). In other words, I want to input a Price at the intersection of a product (products are on lines) for a given month (months are in columns). It will be more or less like a Pivot Table at the exception I will interpolate the missing data for a given month. References of the products are thus sorted on lines, dates on columns of the Matrix Shee...

Data Error in MS Money 2002
I've been using Money 02 for yrs now and have always imported data from my bank's website. I just recently tried to import my monthly data and received the following msg, "The file you attempted to import appears to be invalid or contains corrupt data. Please download the file again. If this problem continues, contact your financial institution." I dbl checked format and called bank's IT support 2 times but no issues reported from their end. Is this a Money problem and has anyone experienced same? Please help. Thanks - Brian In microsoft.public.money, Bri...

pivot table
After refreshing data, three columns of data are missing. I have to dag the field to the table again. Does anyone know what's wrong? i'm using excel 2003. thanks/jj Please check the column header , if any change in header it is missing from pivot after refreshing. Sanjeev "JJ" wrote: > After refreshing data, three columns of data are missing. I have to dag the > field to the table again. Does anyone know what's wrong? i'm using excel > 2003. > > thanks/jj ...

appending data to ms access table using ms excel
Help, I am trying to update an Access table that has one field with a value that is coming from an Excel table. I looked through several cites are I have been unsuccessful. I believe that ADO would be needed to accomplish the task. If anyone has a short example of the code that would be needed in Excel to control access please let me know. Thanks in advance Here's a routine that I use to append daily stock price information to the MDB file where I keep historical quotes. I have a generic function that sets up the connection, rather than doing that in the sub itself. Prices() is...

Carry Data Forward
In a small 5 field form I am using to "take off" items for quoting purposes how could I carry the same data forward to the next record and the next until it is manually changed by myself and then that change continues until changed again. This may only apply to 1 or 2 fields of the 5. Thanks "TeeSee" <bkeanie@glasscellisofab.com> wrote in message news:265302da-bde3-41db-aebf-0d70ef18598f@a39g2000pre.googlegroups.com... > In a small 5 field form I am using to "take off" items for quoting > purposes how could I carry the same data forward to the nex...

Outlook stealing mailbox data
I'm running outlook on a couple of machines, for some reason one of the outlooks is pulling all the data from the exchange mailbox and the other has no data. Where in outllok/mail settings do I adjust it so that all the mailbox data is held at the server and not deleted from the server? Also once I've done this I need to recover the mailbox, how would I go about doing this? There is no backup solution for exchange on our systems so its a case of recovering from the "fat" outlook. "Glass" <goldmercury0@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1123603497.812423....

Different access to data related to contact
I have the case that two or more Sales reps are in relation with the same contact but information that one relates to the contact like email, message etc.. are not allowed to be seen by other sales reps. Is there any possibility to do it in CRM? ...

Macro error, range object need data?
Hi all How can I improve my macro which has a macro error like below: "Macro error The method can't be used in the applied context. Specifically, some Range object methods require that the range contain data. If the range does not contain data, the method fails." How can I modify range object which has some empty data in the range? Thanks Daniel Hi, Does the range you are referencing contain data? Empty cells or those containing #N/A can cause problems when using the charting section of the object model. Cheers Andy Daniel wrote: > Hi all > How can I improve ...

VBA: Column Select then Data Select then return to cell A1
How do you write in VBA:- to select a column then select the range of data held in the column (say B1) then return to Cell a1. The data in the column can change in the workbook as it is updated regulary, so the range of data in the column varies constantly. There are column headings so the range in column B1 must start at B2. Many thanks -- James Hi, It's not entirely clear what you want but maybe this which copies the used range of column B and pastes it into A2 Sub marine() Dim LastRow As Long Set sHt = Sheets("Sheet1")'Change to suit LastRow = sH...

Excel
Hey all! k, a quick question. i have one column - it is email address - i need to pull from this list all email address that are @aol.com and @yahoo.com and put them into their own list - how can i go about doing this? Mathiau. I think you may use Find() function to find out the position of "@" first, then use Mid() function to get the following text, then put it to a new column. HTH "Mathiau" <mathiau@quickring.com> �b�l�� news:OC6w8wGbDHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl �����g... > Hey all! > > > k, a quick question. > > i have one column - it ...

Match and Sort for two range of data on different worksheets?
Hi all, I had a tedious problem here. I had two worksheets on e same workbook whereby I have one range of data on Sheet 1 and e other range of data on Sheet 2. [Data given to me]... The data on sheet 1 had info on 1st half of financial year whereas e data on sheet 2 had info on 2nd half of financial year. It appears as below: Sheet 1 (1st half) Sheet2 (2nd half) --------- -------- Company Name Sales Fig. Company Name Sales Fig. BAA Limited ...

table is not displayed in word 2003 while copy the table form web
hi friends , there is a table in web page. i am trying to copy it and past to word 2003.but the datas only displayed without table. please any one help me to solve this problem If you copy the data and look in the Paste Special dialog box (Edit | Paste Special), which options are available there? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Akbar" <Akbar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC17B9EE-0299-470F-BF7D-F73E70958D6C@microsoft.com... > hi friends , > > there is a table in web page. i am trying to copy it and past to word ...