Compile error in hidden module #3

Whenever I open or close a file in Excel 2000 I get a
dialogue box "Compile error in hidden module. Registration
DB". I have to clear the box before the file will open or
close. How can I get rid of this message.
0
anonymous (74722)

Sounds like one of your workbooks or addins

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Hugh Jennings" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I open or close a file in Excel 2000 I get a
> dialogue box "Compile error in hidden module. Registration
> DB". I have to clear the box before the file will open or
> close. How can I get rid of this message.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
6/6/2004 9:39:17 AM
Sounds like one of your workbooks or addins is password protected and has a
compilation error.

Try looking at your addins (Tools>Addins) and de-selecting the selected ones
one at a time until you find an offender.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Hugh Jennings" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I open or close a file in Excel 2000 I get a
> dialogue box "Compile error in hidden module. Registration
> DB". I have to clear the box before the file will open or
> close. How can I get rid of this message.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
6/6/2004 9:40:35 AM
maybe:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410
OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Start
     Word or Excel

It points at PDFMaker.xla as being the culprit.

Hugh Jennings wrote:

> Whenever I open or close a file in Excel 2000 I get a
> dialogue box "Compile error in hidden module. Registration
> DB". I have to clear the box before the file will open or
> close. How can I get rid of this message.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

merging 3 spreadsheets into one based upon a single common data field
OK I hope you guys can help me out. Here is the scenario. I have 3 spreadsheets. The main spreadsheet I working with has 500 lines with a unique number string. The next two spreadsheets have about 12000 lines but also contain the same unique string as the first spreadsheet. I want to search the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet using the first spreadsheets unique id number and then take the information from the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet and then merge it into the first. Does that make since? Any help would be great. -- xchosen --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Referencing .NET 2.0 but end result uses .NET 3.5
I'm using DevStudio 2005 and I have a project that references System.dll ver 2.0.50727 and I accidentally compiled code that used an overload that only exists in version 3.5 because my intellisense showed it. I tried to compile it on another machine that never had the .NET 3.5 install and it wouldn't compile and the intellisense had that version of the overload yet both references looked identical; looking at ver 2.0 of System.dll The method in question was WaitHandle.WaitOne. ..NET 2.0 WaitOne() WaitOne(Int32, Boolean) WaitOne(TimeSpan, Boolean) ..NET 3.5 WaitOne...

CRM Mobile Registration Error
Hello All, I work for a Microsoft partner in the Atlanta area, and I've been tasked with testing CRM before we put it into production. I've hit a brick wall with CRM Mobile 3.0, and I'm hoping someone might be able to help, or point me in the right direction for this issue. The situation now: We use Small Business Server 2003 Premium SP1 in our production environment, so I'm also using it in my test environment. The test environment consists of the server and two laptops, and is connected to the internet, although its external URL uses a redirection service: fakename.no-ip.o...

Outlook extremely slow #3
Outlook had been working fine until I installed Norton Antivirus. It now takes several minutes to load. Could this be the problem? Is there any way to fix this? ...

execl to lotus 1-2-3 conversion #2
I would appreciate very much if anyone can provide me information to convert Excel file to Lotus format Regards, ...

My OL 2000 will not open-get error message
I have MS Office Premium-all of the other programs work. When I try to open OL2000 I get the the error msg. MS Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. I removed MS Office Premium and re-installed it-same problem. I also clicked repair from Control Panel-same problem. -- Roma Does it work correctly when trying to start Outlook in Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe For additional troubleshooting steps see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www...

duplicate messages #3
Each time I click "send/receive", the same two email messages are sent to my inbox. If i clik three times, the two messages will drop into my inbox for a total of six messages! Understand, i do not have "save messages on the server" selected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled outlook twice with to no avail? Suggestions? Happens to me too. My ISP said it is poorly written spam that fails to complete sending properly, so Outlook times out without completing the task of downloading including recognising what has already been downloaded and what has not. Why can&#...

Email Notifications #3
I have set up an Exchange 2003 Server and everything works fine, but I have complaints that the email notification in the Web Outlook Access is not working for AD users. It works for admin accounts but not a standard user, do they need to be in a certian group in order for it to work for them. It does work for them as long as the Outlook Web Access window is maximized and on top of everthing else. On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:30:04 -0800, New email notifications in OWA <New email notifications in OWA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have set up an Exchange 2003 Server and everyt...

Error while creating custom entity
Hi I am trying to create a custom entity. After filling the required fields on the New Custom Entity form, when i am trying to save it, i am getting the following error: " An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator". Help appreciated. Thanks Same issue here. Currently I'm busy troubleshooting, but no results yet. I tried the following without result: Enable logging by adding keys to the registry: LogPerfData: filename LogPerfDataDetails: 1 LogPerfDataLevel: 2 Repare CRM by using the installation disk. Did you make any progress resolvi...

upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 (error)
I am trying to upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 and getting this error. (I know CRM 3.0 doesnt support SQL 2008, so a '1' step upgrade might have its risks). "Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.GrantConfigDBDatabaseAccessAction failed. The DEFAULT_SCHEMA clause cannot be used with a windows group or with principals mapped to certificates or asymmetric keys". I'm trying this in a virtual environment first. Any comments on this? Thanx Glen Hi Glen, Upgrade CRM 3.0 to SQL Server 2005 Evaluation . then upgrade to CRM 4.0 on SQL Server 2005. Take ...

OutLook Express 2003 is not running for error
I start Outlook for the first time, SP2 was installed before, it is not running at all as I get the msge: The Operation Failed ...

Can't send attachments #3
Whenever I try to send any attachment, Outlook 2003 won't finish the send 'task'. There are no other programs running that would restrict this. Messages without Attachments send OK though. How can I fix this? ...

Compile Error in hidden module
I get an error message "Compile error in hidden module AutoExecNew" when I open excel and an error message "Compile error in hidden module DistMon" when I close excel. I have no add-ins checked. I am running Windows XP Home and Office XP Professional. Any help would be appreciated. Bill You obviously have something in a startup folder, look for all startup folders. Also have you installed someting lately? I know that Adobe Acrobat writer used to cause start up errors although I think you can download a fix from Adobes site -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Willia...

Font Color #3
Using Excel 2003. Made copy of a matrix I built years ago. Now want to update it and show which cells have changed by making the font blue rather than black. Too many changes to make by just changing the color after each adjustment. Can't find anything that will permit me to change the font color and make it the default while I finish the update. Can someone point me in the right direction please? Have two copies on the matrix on the same worksheet. Let's say one begins in A1 and the other in AA1 You will be updating the first matrix Select all the first matrix; use Format | C...

Seam-Excel error when exporting file
When I export an excel file from a website the file exports with the file name of 'seam-excel' and I can't format the cells or create a pivot table without saving and re-naming the file. How can I get my file to not export with that file name? Is it a security setting? Have never heard of this problem being generated through Excel alone. I would suggest the source would be at the website from which you are exporting. Can you post a URL? I'd like to have a look just out of curiosity. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:41:01 -0800, fallou...

outlook settings #3
I have three email accounts (myself, my wife, and daughter) whenever an email comes in regardless of the name it was sent to, all three accounts recieve the email. My internet provider has checked all there stuff and tell me it is an issue with the software. I have no idea how to reconfigure my outlook program to eliminate this problem. ...

Out of memory error when printing
Running Windows 98. Upgraded Office 2000 to Office XP. Fully patched OS and Office. Everything works fine except when trying to print from Outlook. Immediately generates a "Out of Memory or Resources ..." Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill ...

Publisher 2003 Question #3
MS Publisher News Group Hi: I am trying to use strike through formatting on some test and there seems to be no option. I checked MS site and nada. I opened Word 2003 typed in some test and formatted it with strike through. Tried pasting in pub and the strike through disappeared. How can two MS appications from the same suite same vintage not have the same font handling capabilities?? Bizarre? Thanks Best regards Publisher is not Word. This is one area that proves that. Publisher doesn't have a strikethrough feature. You would have to draw a line and then group it with the te...

CRM 3.0 web part for sharepoint 2003
I am trying to configure the web part. I put the URL of the CRM server in the Sharepoint web part and it says, "This version of the CRM List Web Part only supports binding to a single Microsoft CRM server per SharePoint server. Since this part has already been configured on this SharePoint Server, the CRM Server URL has been defaulted for you." Well, I hadn't yet configured for that sharepoint server. I searched around and it says that I need to trust delegation on the sharepoint server. So I did, but when I went to delegate and specify my SQL reporting and CRM server, I...

General Question #3
What would cause new Excel 2003 workbook files to open as Book2 instead of Book1? This has just sarted happening on my machine. Thank you in advance. You already have a book1 saved. Find it and delete -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Me" <Me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A126D4F5-C090-4860-924D-13158A06E9FF@microsoft.com... > What would cause new Excel 2003 workbook files to open as Book2 instead of > Book1? This has just sarted happening on my machine. > > Thank you in advance. I just tried that -- I saved a...

a strange error code when creating a modal dialog.
Hi, I failed to create a modal dialog box using MFC 7. The code snippet is as follows. // dlg is a dialog box derived from CDialog TestDlg dlg; INT_PTR nret = dlg.DoModal(); err = GetLastError(); I got -1 as the return value of nret. And the error code err = 1812, which means "The specified image file did not contain a resource section". It bothered me a lot because I did not use any image in the project. I would deeply appreciate if anybody can provide some suggestions or helps. Thanks!!! Hu hdong wrote: > Hi, I failed to create a modal dialog box using MFC 7. The c...

Read only error from 11-20-04
I'm still having trouble with this... I'm using Money 2003 Deluxe, had some troubles with the disk, now I'm trying to restore from a backup file. I get a erreor message stating that money cannot locate or open the file possibly beacuse it is read only or the disk is write protected. I've unchecked the read only boxed of all money files and I still get the message. Any hope of recovering anything? I've tried to restoring to a new file name and directory without success. It appears to start the restore process but it immediately comes back with the read only erro...

Error Importing Msg to OL Express
hi all, i had copied messages (*.dbx) files to a CD now after reinstallation am trying to import the same back to outlook express 6 but am getting the following error ________________ No messages can be found in this folder or another application is running that has the required files open. Plese select another folder or try closing applications that may have files open. ________________ Pls help i am in a mess... Thx, Niraj ...

error message with outlook 2007 and hotmail pay acct.
I'm having a problem with a hotmail account using Outlook 2007. When I attempt to sync over HTTP, I get the error 0x800ccc3e the server responded "not implemented" I know that this could be a proxy problem, but there is no firewall or proxy between this computer and the internet, only a linksys router. Also, I read on another post that hotmail stopped supporting free email accounts using Outlook and Outlook Express, but the account was working fine, up until Friday and this is a paid acct.. I know I'm not the only one having this problem, there are other peole that have poste...

Testing #3
I have never done this before cool huh ...